Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movie Plans

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DC Movie Plans

Yeah, Suicide Squad is going to be a really important movie now. Man of Steel did pretty well, and Batman v. Superman is a pretty safe bet in terms of money, but if Suicide Squad doesn't do well, I have a feeling we'll see Warner start to get cold feet. And if Justice League doesn't do phenomenally well (like, Avengers money), there's a good chance they'll scrap all of this.

Also, I'm so happy that Wonder Woman is coming out the same year as Justice League, because it pretty much means there's zero chance of Snyder directing Wonder Woman. Hopefully they get a director that's actually good, and a script writer who gets and cares about the character. To me, Wonder Woman is easily the most important movie there, so I really hope they don't screw it up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with much of what's been said here. Especially the part about the importance if Wonder Woman.

Havok mentioned the tv shows being good and for that reason he's glad they are staying separate. I agree though it worries me that one will be restricted in doing certain things because the other has different take on it.

And again it's just weird right?

Slushy

Put out a decent bloody movie before throwing out a schedule like that. God.
    Its okay. WB will probably will reboot it anyway.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like they may be looking at Ryan Gosling to be one of the A-listers in Suicide Squad along with Will Smith and another two actor
    http://www.vixenvarsity.com/2014/10/.../#.VEAyvRaRMTA
    On a side not I actually wrote this article and write for this site on occasion.
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the rumored characters for the Suicide Squad film have me going "huh?" . Deadshot is an easy choice, but the rest (still very unconfirmed) of the roster are bland picks.

I knew Shazam's rumored release of 2016 was way too soon. Didn't expect it to drop that far back though. And I have to wonder if Flash and Aquaman can enough to hold their year without a Justice League film. I might have staggered those two differently; for example 2017 with Aquaman and a Batman or Superman film, then 2019 with Flash/Shazam/Justice League 2.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the spot View Post
    I agree with much of what's been said here. Especially the part about the importance if Wonder Woman.

Havok mentioned the tv shows being good and for that reason he's glad they are staying separate. I agree though it worries me that one will be restricted in doing certain things because the other has different take on it.

And again it's just weird right?
    Yeah this has me worried as Flash is one of the best hero shows going and has potential to only get better. Sooner or later they will want him in the movies and I have feeling they will sacrifice the show for box office money.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to post this in the other thread. This is a ridiculous schedule for a genre of film to have upcoming.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet merciful crap I'm going to need to get a second job. And this is Just the DC/Marvel stuff it has no mention of Indy stuff which Im guessing Sandman is and any other third Party that gets a movie.
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandman is still DC I believe. Do not believe they ever lost the character.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw everyone involved in the casting of Wonder Woman in the Justice League movie. As well as The Flash. Im already pissed lol

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    Currently watching: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Nanbaka, Samurai Jack & Hunter X Hunter

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know He's DC but I didnt see his name up there with the DClate of movies and since his comic was mainly vertigo I just put it with "indy"
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News is that DC is looking for a female director for the Wonder Woman film. Great news, but I do have one concern: how much real control will they give her?

A female director will be great, if given the same freedom as others such as Whedon, Snyder, and other comic book film directors have been given. But my worries are if they don't feel that Wonder Woman's "sexy" enough, or if the movie isn't "sexy", that Warner Bros. will force sex appeal into the movie. My concerns could be certainly unfounded and without merit, and I hope for the best.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, them wanting a female director is good news, and I can't wait for them to announce who it is. But I'm also a little bit nervous about what that means for creative control for that director, and if they're doing this just for the positive PR, but will be micromanaging it. Mostly, I'm just afraid of how much Zack Snyder and David Goyer are involved. Hopefully they have little to nothing to do with the film.

I'm still very excited for this, but a lot of that excitement is tinged with fear. I desperately want them to get this movie right.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who gives a shit about the gender of the director? I just want a good movie that represents the best of WW. Specifically targeting a female is silly.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they cant screw this up.

its WW. no female comics character is bigger or well known. hell even iconic.

if they screw the pooch and it flops or even disappoints....... man it shall not bode well for any future female character getting her own flick.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Warner Brothers is already against female led ovies after a few bombs they have had over the last few years. There was always that rumor that they sent out a memo saying no female led movies. Snyder was the last director to get a shot and it was Sucker Punch which as someone said dint live up to expectations.
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So word going around (at least according to BleedingCool and Newsarama anyways) is that Jesse Einsenberg's Lex Luthor just might be in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.

Banner Credit: Surrender

Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015
    Currently Watching: Blue Exorcist S2, Dragon Ball Super, Tiger Mask W
    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner, 2014 & 2015 Winner)

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might be the most difficult to draw out appearances- he has three films on deck: Arms and the Dudes, Now You See Me 2, and Zombieland 2. I guess they want him for the very next movie after Bats v Supes to try and clamp him down as soon as possible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho
    Who gives a shit about the gender of the director? I just want a good movie that represents the best of WW. Specifically targeting a female is silly.
    My thoughts exactly. Who cares about the gender of the director? Like a female Director is a guarantee to get the best out of the movie.

Anyway, if I was Warner Bros'. I would approach the makers of Xena Warrior Princess. They always did a pretty decent job with her over 7 odd seasons.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.newsarama.com/22549-repor...ide-squad.html

The only way this works is if Lex is the lynchpin of the DC Universe. Like Fury is for Marvel.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shaza...Why-68085.html

Looks like the Shazam film might be unconnected to the larger DC Film Universe. I'm fine with it, unless they one day decide try to make a Kingdom Come film.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?? Why, if Marvel has pretty much already won the race, do you just shoot yourself in the foot and make it even harder?

Mr. Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHeroHype.com
    It surprised many last summer when the credits finished up on*Man of Steel*and there was no scene giving fans just a tease of what might be coming soon. As the first entry in their own cinematic universe, it seemed like a no brainer for Warner Bros. to include a post-credit tag*like their primary competition Marvel Studios, but alas it wasn’t there. Now we know why.

In an extensive piece at*The Guardian*on director Christopher Nolan, who served as a producer on*Man of Steel, the outlet reveals that the studio asked director Zack Snyder to include a humorous scene at the end of the film, which Nolan reportedly shot down, saying:*“A real movie wouldn’t do that.”

Warner Bros.’ next film in their shared universe is*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which won’t open in theaters until March 25, 2016, but immediately following that film are nine more DC Comics-based films including*Justice League Part One*and*Part Two, both set to be directed by Zack Snyder.

Is it possible that “Dawn of Justice” won’t tease the future of the DCCU, even with*Suicide Squad*hitting theaters just five months after it? Sure it’s possible, but as*we reported two weeks ago, Chris nor his brother Jonathan have a hand in the future of WB’s DC films, so it’s also possible that WB will want to start doing tags. Zack Snyder is no stranger to additional content in the credits as both*Dawn of the Dead*featured a mid-credits sequence and*Sucker Punch*included some very brief scenes as well.
    Let me first say that I'm a huge fan of Nolan's work in general, not just the Dark Knight Trilogy. But if that is how he truly feels, then I'm glad he and his brother aren't involved in anyway with helping Warner Bros./DC build their cinematic universe.

What the hell does "real movie" mean anyway?

And am I wrong to be just a little insulted by that as someone who loves comic book movies?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved Man of Steel. LOVED it. I'm through-the-roof over Batman v Superman.

But in terms of everything else following, I have zero faith in DC's ability to get a universe off the ground. They're trying to accomplish in roughly 2-3 years what Marvel took nearly a decade to build. It's not going to happen. Not only will it feel uninspiring and rushed, it's not going to be as well executed.

Fuck DC for screwing this up.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shaza...Why-68085.html

Looks like the Shazam film might be unconnected to the larger DC Film Universe. I'm fine with it, unless they one day decide try to make a Kingdom Come film.
    I thought this was already put out there a while ago. Or am I just imagining something that didn't happen because occasionally that happens, not often but it does happen.

Banner Credit: Surrender

Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015
    Currently Watching: Blue Exorcist S2, Dragon Ball Super, Tiger Mask W
    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner, 2014 & 2015 Winner)

Thread Information