Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flash TV Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The Flash TV Thread

So what did we all think of the first episode?

Spoiler

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Flash TV Thread

How about the ending where...

Spoiler

Was that something?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    How about the ending where...

Spoiler

Was that something?
    Spoiler

More thoughts later.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iron maiden View Post
    So what did we all think of the first episode?

Spoiler
    Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This show is a dilemma for me, I fully enjoyed it, and at the same time it was kicking the shit out of my fanboy button the whole time, it's like the song "Close, but No Cigar," where he describes these amazing women and this tiny little thing bothers the crap out of him (how hard is it to just dye your hair blonde? Thawne looks more like Barry than Barry.); Flash is my be all end all of favorites (granted, proper Wally, not Barry, but all the Flashes in general as well), so I've never quite experience it like this as I do with anything else. Great, but I wish my stupid brain would let it be.

Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So good I watched twice already!

Josh Dionio

I for one was very happy with the episode, seeing all the little nods to the comics.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I enjoyed the Flash pilot episode as well... definitely looking forward in seeing how the first season plays out especially after seeing The Flash Heroic trailer.

Captain Cold (20 second mark) and Multiplex (24 second mark). And yes I know they have already been advertised but I'm just excited to see them in the trailer.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. I wish I had jumped on the Arrow train when it started, but I'm glad to do so with Flash, as I've needed a new slot once Smallville ended. I dig the CW's style with these shows.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loved it.

and I know its a very small detail to whats already been mentioned here but did anyone notice the pic of flash on the paper at the end? the flash symbol on his chest had the white background. so maybe that even may be fixed later in the show.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Evel Knievel

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed the Flash pilot episode as well... definitely looking forward in seeing how the first season plays out especially after seeing The Flash Heroic trailer.

Captain Cold (20 second mark) and Multiplex (24 second mark). And yes I know they have already been advertised but I'm just excited to see them in the trailer.
    Captain Cold is right up there with the very worst of character names I reckon. But on the topic of the Captain, it appears sometime during the season we'll get a little Prison Break reunion. Maybe. If they're in the same episode. Which seems likely as Dominic Purcell is playing Heat Wave. So, yeah they seem like a natural double act.

And Danielle Panabaker? Yes please. HAWT.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Captain Cold is right up there with the very worst of character names I reckon. But on the topic of the Captain, it appears sometime during the season we'll get a little Prison Break reunion. Maybe. If they're in the same episode. Which seems likely as Dominic Purcell is playing Heat Wave. So, yeah they seem like a natural double act.

And Danielle Panabaker? Yes please. HAWT.
    We will indeed get a Prison Break reunion. In fact Wentworth is the guy who pulled strings to get Dominic the part of Heat Wave. I see them being the start to The Rogues.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Captain Cold is right up there with the very worst of character names I reckon. .
    Yeah, that's one of the things with Flash villains, Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang (hey, if you're gonna rank yourself, might as well be a captain), Trickster, Abra Kadabra, terrible names, great characters.

And you'll certainly get Miller and Purcell in the same episode, the Rogues are a critical part of the Flash mythos, they'll be together soon enough.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the episode and they way they did it. Lots of times in the Superhero shows they make it seem like its a burden to the hero but Barry was enthusiastic and as Ollie said he will make others want to stepup. I also loved the easter eggs especially the paper at the end which had so many DC nods and the Grodd cage. I look forward to seeing this show develop and the rest of the rogues appear.
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was a perfect pilot, they didn't draw things out too much and they gave good character development.
    I haven't read much of the Flash, so I am happy to be surprised by all the twists and turns.
    Also really hoping they keep the current balance of personal vs. professional, I don't want it to become a soap opera.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad this aired finally. Watched the leaked pilot and was amazed. I loved Flash when he was in Arrow and this show was the natural extension. I love how Flash and Arrow are so different. Arrow is super serious and Flash seems to be meant to be fun. Having them in the same universe means they can do huge events spanning both shows.

And for people who quietly waited to see Flash get his due, the pilot set a five year high for a debuting show on CW. Rumor has it they want a third show to be spun off Arrow / Flash. Aquaman would seem to be the obvious choice, but would be too expensive to do. Eitherway, sounds like they want it to go next year while comics are hot.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. I wish I had jumped on the Arrow train when it started, but I'm glad to do so with Flash, as I've needed a new slot once Smallville ended. I dig the CW's style with these shows.
    Well if you have not caught up, Arrow season 2 is on Netflix now.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    So glad this aired finally. Watched the leaked pilot and was amazed. I loved Flash when he was in Arrow and this show was the natural extension. I love how Flash and Arrow are so different. Arrow is super serious and Flash seems to be meant to be fun. Having them in the same universe means they can do huge events spanning both shows.

And for people who quietly waited to see Flash get his due, the pilot set a five year high for a debuting show on CW. Rumor has it they want a third show to be spun off Arrow / Flash. Aquaman would seem to be the obvious choice, but would be too expensive to do. Eitherway, sounds like they want it to go next year while comics are hot.
    I don't read much DC but I am not opposed to it.
    The question of who else to make a TV series out of not having an obvious or likely candidate is surprising.

Marvel have so many titles that are probably too obscure for the big screen but would do incredibly well on the small screen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to pick a 2nd spin-off (3rd show), knowing that Green Lantern is way out of the realm of budgetary possibility, and doubtful they could ever get Batman, because it's the CW ...Young Justice.

But they'd use Not-Wally and anger me more that all of this stuff has to happen at the worst time in the character's history when all of my comic dreams could have been coming true...I hate it so much it's shaving years off of my life.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given he was just introduced (in his civilian identity) on the Arrow Season 3 premiere, a likely third Arrowverse show would be The Atom.

They're not gonna do any YJ or TT show while the TNT Titans show is in the works. Plus, there's rumors the TNT show and the CBS Supergirl show might be in the Arrowverse anyways.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure the Atom carries a show on his own (his most interesting adventures would be tiny, and I think that's out of the budget), Firestorm maybe? (Also seems pretty pricey). Suicide Squad is a decent possibility. (Could be a great shake up) Vibe? ( ) Have to see what other characters shake out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zoom Zoom:

Spoiler

I'd have preferred if the bottom was more like the top with the yellow bottoming out into the black, but it works.

Evel Knievel

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    I thought it was a perfect pilot, they didn't draw things out too much and they gave good character development.
    I haven't read much of the Flash, so I am happy to be surprised by all the twists and turns.
    Also really hoping they keep the current balance of personal vs. professional, I don't want it to become a soap opera.
    In contrast to Gotham's first episode, I fully agree. Just enough in this pilot to not smother the viewer and (I'm assuming) enough nods for the comic geeks to satisfy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if another Spinoff happened it would probabaly by Suicide Squad or Birds of Prey again all those charcters are already established and been given centric episodes.
    Team Benjamin Member

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And we have our Professor Stein to go with Robbie Ammel's Robbie Raymond:

Another fantastic casting.

Thread Information