Thread: Bryan/Kane to Continue Even Past Stretcher Match

Default Bryan/Kane to Continue Even Past Stretcher Match

According to sources, WWE creative decided to change the original plan of a Buried Alive match between Daniel Bryan and Kane at Money in the Bank to a Stretcher Match because WWE doesn’t plan on ending the feud between Bryan and Kane at the event, or whichever event Bryan will ultimately return at.

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    http://www.prowrestling.com/possible...tretcher-match

Default Re: Bryan/Kane to Continue Even Past Stretcher Match

Oh, this is going to be an awesome storyline.

Honestly, the story of Daniel Bryan and Kane is actually a good one. One time frenemies, the YES/NO creation, Dr. Shelby, tag titles, the turn, the return of the mask, the feud is at the heel part. Eventually, before Kanes final match in the WWE; it'll come full circle with Kane saving Daniel Bryan. Kane will then go on to finish a final feud and fight his last match.

The problem is that the feud has been stupid. Kane is Stephanie's property, his monster. She's using him to fight his old friend. Maybe if they played into the old friendship instead of how much he could scare Brie Bella, then this could be a good feud. The failure is the laziness and lack of effort into that storyline. The two were an awesome tag team and they should get an awesome feud.

This shits a solid C+ storyline. That's the problem.

But this time it's different.

It's THE DEMON KANE.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

This is just Meltzer speculating again. Nothing to see here.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

My previous post was a Positive Posey, now it's time for the Negative Nancy.

TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK!

You hear that?

No, it's not the return of MVP, no it's time off the WWE history books without the main championship being defended. Daniel Bryan is losing stock amongst the higher ups.

They want Bryan's reign to fail. That's the only logical explanation for this Kane bullshit to continue. If anybody can think of a better reason, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    They want Bryan's reign to fail. That's the only logical explanation for this Kane bullshit to continue. If anybody can think of a better reason, I'm all ears.
    WWE Creative is REALLY inept and/or complacent.

If the company REALLY wants Bryan to fail (and I'm hesitant to believe this, YES, everyone. You didn't misread that.) they have far more problems than he could ever hope to solve on his own.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    My previous post was a Positive Posey, now it's time for the Negative Nancy.

TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK!

You hear that?

No, it's not the return of MVP, no it's time off the WWE history books without the main championship being defended. Daniel Bryan is losing stock amongst the higher ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I'm out.

I'm seriously out.

There is no way to express in words how tired I am of this.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Of Bryan's failed reign?

It's okay, buddy. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to right their wrongs. And who knows, Champ? Maybe the next WWE Champion is John Cena! *you can't see me!*

So cheer up. There will be some good mid card feuds for Daniel Bryan. Cesaro and him will surely put on a clinic, with no title on the line. While John Cena defends not only the WWE Title but the whole red, white and motherfucking blue of the United States in the main event against Putins favorite Playboy, Rusev!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Of Bryan's failed reign?
    No, I'm tired of the completely asinine notion that WWE has something against him. Anyone with a shred of common sense should be aware by now that that's not the case, as evidenced by the fact that Deej, the most cynical of smarks around, has admitted as much.

And it's equally annoying from both sides: The people who want it to be true, and the people who don't, but just can't accept the idea of WWE ever having good intentions.

Bender

I'm out.

I'm seriously out.

There is no way to express in words how tired I am of this.
    Champ, I don't think you understand how tired some people are of the Daniel Bryan vs. WWE Corporation (in reality or otherwise) are.

Until the Authority stop trying to diminish the importance of Bryan's fan support, or until they're just flat out not on television anymore, until WWE Creative stops leaning on the crutch of doing "Evil boss vs. rebellious babyface" feuds like they have been for the last 16 years and until WWE can convince people that they're not always looking for a way to use the John Cena failsafe, Daniel Bryan fans are going to carry a chip on their shoulder.

Daniel Bryan being a B+ player and having to deal with one or more of the McMahons trying to get the title off of him should have ended with Wrestlemania, but it didn't.

And maybe it's because Bryan hasn't been on TV. Maybe it's because WWE Creative is back to its holding pattern now that Wrestlemania is long over. Maybe it's all of the above or none of the above.

But is Bryan/Kane going possibly as far as October really instill faith?

I'm a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Champ, I don't think you understand how tired some people are of the Daniel Bryan vs. WWE Corporation (in reality or otherwise) are.

Until the Authority stop trying to diminish the importance of Bryan's fan support, or until they're just flat out not on television anymore, until WWE Creative stops leaning on the crutch of doing "Evil boss vs. rebellious babyface" feuds like they have been for the last 16 years and until WWE can convince people that they're not always looking for a way to use the John Cena failsafe, Daniel Bryan fans are going to carry a chip on their shoulder.

Daniel Bryan being a B+ player and having to deal with one or more of the McMahons trying to get the title off of him should have ended with Wrestlemania, but it didn't.

And maybe it's because Bryan hasn't been on TV. Maybe it's because WWE Creative is back to its holding pattern now that Wrestlemania is long over. Maybe it's all of the above or none of the above.

But is Bryan/Kane going possibly as far as October really instill faith?
    First of all, this report by Meltzer is baseless speculation from the man himself. PW's main page changed the wording to make it seem like something it's not. Meltzer is simply assuming that the feud will continue because "multiple sources" told him a while ago that the Buried Alive match was a strong possibility.

Secondly, the part of the feud where Bryan lost the title seconds after winning it every time ended at WrestleMania. They're now attempting to give him a legitimate reign, despite the fact that real life has gotten in the way of that several times (something over which they have no control).

Stephanie is staying involved because it's the easiest way to keep babyface heat on Bryan, aside from the fact that it really wouldn't make much sense for the Authority to suddenly give up their cause just because they were beaten. She was embarrassed that Bryan beat her husband and humiliated them again later in the night, and now she's being a vengeful bitch. Nothing wrong with that story.

People should be smart enough to look beyond the story and see that he's getting some of the most favorable booking of all time, what with the way he won at WrestleMania and the way he's been allowed to keep the championship despite an injury, which almost no one has ever been allowed to do. Including John Cena.

Obviously they think him beating Kane in a decisive manner is going to do something positive for him. They might be right and they might be wrong, but thinking that WWE is out to screw him because they're telling you so in a storyline is, well, being a mark.

Bender

First of all, this report by Meltzer is baseless speculation from the man himself. PW's main page changed the wording to make it seem like something it's not. Meltzer is simply assuming that the feud will continue because "multiple sources" told him a while ago that the Buried Alive match was a strong possibility.

Secondly, the part of the feud where Bryan lost the title seconds after winning it every time ended at WrestleMania. They're now attempting to give him a legitimate reign, despite the fact that real life has gotten in the way of that several times (something over which they have no control).

Stephanie is staying involved because it's the easiest way to keep babyface heat on Bryan, aside from the fact that it really wouldn't make much sense for the Authority to suddenly give up their cause just because they were beaten. She was embarrassed that Bryan beat her husband and humiliated them again later in the night, and now she's being a vengeful bitch. Nothing wrong with that story.

People should be smart enough to look beyond the story and see that he's getting some of the most favorable booking of all time, what with the way he won at WrestleMania and the way he's been allowed to keep the championship despite an injury, which almost no one has ever been allowed to do. Including John Cena.

Obviously they think him beating Kane in a decisive manner is going to do something positive for him. They might be right and they might be wrong, but thinking that WWE is out to screw him because they're telling you so in a storyline is, well, being a mark.
    First thing....Kane? I seriously do not remember the last time I can recall Kane being a legitimate main event threat. That's not hyperbole. I honestly don't remember. How is a feud with Kane honestly supposed to be seen as the most important storyline, especially now that HHH has moved onto the Shield? If this is what is supposed to help Daniel Bryan, I can't wait to see how it plays out, and I hope Creative surpasses my expectations.

[QUOTE=The ChampPeople should be smart enough to look beyond the story and see that he's getting some of the most favorable booking of all time, what with the way he won at WrestleMania and the way he's been allowed to keep the championship despite an injury, which almost no one has ever been allowed to do. Including John Cena.[/QUOTE]

For now...

I've been going back and forth on this. I don't know what to think conclusively. WWE's track record is marred with so much of them spinning around in circles and falling flat on their face, and Bryan himself being a question mark at the moment, I can't argue for or against the paranoia that fans of his have anymore.

I don't know. I honestly don't know.

And this is something, Champ, that you still may not completely understand.

I'm a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    First thing....Kane? I seriously do not remember the last time I can recall Kane being a legitimate main event threat. That's not hyperbole. I honestly don't remember. How is a feud with Kane honestly supposed to be seen as the most important storyline, especially now that HHH has moved onto the Shield? If this is what is supposed to help Daniel Bryan, I can't wait to see how it plays out, and I hope Creative surpasses my expectations.
    I think they believe that they can flip a switch and turn him into the demon at any time, and that automatically makes him legitimate.

Bender

Let's not forget that the Kane feud was supposed to be a one and done deal according to Meltzer but Batista refused to do the honours at Payback (fair enough, he had already given the WWE more than enough) and it lead to the completely half-assed segment which clearly lacked a lot of thought, largely because it was the best they could come up with in a limited time frame.

"But they could have come up with ANYTHING better!"

Okay hot shot, you try and work the schedule demanded of creative, meet the objective of rebuilding Kane's heat and making sure it passes the WWE filter.

I was notoriously against the Kane/Bryan storyline but it was clearly the most logical feud for Bryan at that point. I don't think it should have extended past Extreme Rules and they should have thrown Bray Wyatt at him at Payback, giving Bray/Cena a break before the eventual rubber match but clearly the WWE has a different vision for all three guys.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Let's not forget that the Kane feud was supposed to be a one and done deal according to Meltzer but Batista refused to do the honours at Payback (fair enough, he had already given the WWE more than enough) and it lead to the completely half-assed segment which clearly lacked a lot of thought, largely because it was the best they could come up with in a limited time frame.

"But they could have come up with ANYTHING better!"

Okay hot shot, you try and work the schedule demanded of creative, meet the objective of rebuilding Kane's heat and making sure it passes the WWE filter.

I was notoriously against the Kane/Bryan storyline but it was clearly the most logical feud for Bryan at that point. I don't think it should have extended past Extreme Rules and they should have thrown Bray Wyatt at him at Payback, giving Bray/Cena a break before the eventual rubber match but clearly the WWE has a different vision for all three guys.
    I'd rather them go back to Orton than Kane. Orton could still make a claim as "The Face Of The WWE" and could make the claim that he never lost one-on-one.

And rebuilding Kane's heat? I think Champ put it best. They think that they can say he's THE DEMON KANE and poof. Done.

I'm a follower.

Technically Orton should get another match because of the rematch clause thing, but I think they're deliberately staying away from it because they did it so many times last year.

Bender

Continuing the feud doesn't bother me at all. They're capable of putting on fine matches. I would like to see them bring up there past relationship a little bit more, but the feud can survive without it.

Realistically, I think it's a bad time to shove Wyatt or Orton at Bryan. If those two were to enter a program with him, I want to believe Orton or Wyatt could beat him for the strap. At this point, I don't "believe" Bryan would drop the strap to either of them. If Bryan beats them, it hurts there credibility even more than its recently been hurt.

Kane is the perfect person for Bryan to feud with to remain interesting and at the same time beat him a few times to build more credibility. That is, Kane can stand to lose, because he doesn't suffer from being "buried." Plus, it keeps Bryan over. After Orton and Wyatt reestablish themselves in the next couple of months, then I'll be interested. I'm perfectly happy with them taking their time to build up Cesaro before any future programs with Bryan, and I think many people would agree they're happy Cena didn't immediately put himself in the title picture.

A lot of marks will never be happy.

...and you lot complained about Cena/Orton happening so many times.

I saw enough Orton/Bryan matches to last a lifetime in the past year & Orton was already pre-occupied with The Shield.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

A feud with a newly turned Sheamus who aligned himself with The Authority would've been better IMO. A guy with Bryan has deep history with and can produce great matches with would've been 100% better. Kane's storylines are beyond played out and lame. I'm so tired of watching Kane feud with too guys and having horrible, dreadful feuds with them. I can't remember the last Kane feud that was decent. His last one with Taker, Edge, Cena, Orton, and Bryan have all been awful. The Raw match they had before Mania should have been enough.
    Credit: Bender

This is just Meltzer speculating again. Nothing to see here.
    Yep. I could have wrote this crap.

No, I'm tired of the completely asinine notion that WWE has something against him. Anyone with a shred of common sense should be aware by now that that's not the case, as evidenced by the fact that Deej, the most cynical of smarks around, has admitted as much.

And it's equally annoying from both sides: The people who want it to be true, and the people who don't, but just can't accept the idea of WWE ever having good intentions.
    I am in complete agreement. The problem is who do you put him up against? WWE put Evolution up against The Shield so that only leaves Kane really. That's the problem! WWE has not built up anyone enough to actually go against Bryan. My biggest problem with this story line is that NOBODY in their RIGHT MIND believes Kane will beat Daniel Bryan. Worst case scenario is Kane beats Bryan up so bad that someone can cash in on him.. which now that I think about it, may be exactly where they are going with this.

Thread Information