Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNA House Show draws 300 fans

Default TNA House Show draws 300 fans

-We've heard anywhere between 100 and 300 fans attended Friday night's TNA live event in Bowie, Maryland at Prince George's Stadium. One fan noted that Bowie's local minor league baseball team, the Bowie Baysox, drew 3,141 fans at their most recent home game.

Below are several photos of the crowd from Twitter:

Credit: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...less-than-300/

Looking at those pictures, I think they're being very generous saying that there were 300 fans in attendance.

Default Re: TNA House Show draws 300 fans

Angelina Love and Gail Kim deserve better than this

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Angelina Love and Gail Kim deserve better than this
    Agreed.

It saddens me to see how far TNA has fallen, at one time TNA was my favorite wrestling company and now I really can't be bothered to watch the product.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Embarrassing...

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I thought I would find this hilarious, but it's actually just embarrassing and sad

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post

It saddens me to see how far TNA has fallen, at one time TNA was my favorite wrestling company and now I really can't be bothered to watch the product.
    Tell me about it, they were mine too around 2006 -2008 before hulk hogan in 2010 came and killed them. It's been a slow downhill fall since than losing their core fans that brought them to the dance.
    Last edited by Mr. Victorino; 06-08-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Agreed.

SAME.

I absolutely adored them for the longest time and definitely liked it over WWE programming for a while. I don't even watch Impact that often anymore.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Why do they still run house shows? Seriously? They can't be worth the cost. It's impossible. They have to lose money every show. Why? Just stop. It's that simple. It's got to be demoralizing for your talent to go out there in front of almost literally nobody. They're risking their bodies for nothing. Nobody cares about your product, TNA. You have to accept that. Somebody just needs to slap Dixie in the face and tell her that she's a fucking hack as a wrestling promoter. TNA is arguably the worst wrestling company ever. Somebody has to end this! Bob & Janice have to sit their daughter down and tell her it's not working. Her vanity project is a failure and needs to either be sold or just killed completely.

This is also TNA booking a place they can't fill. Can you image how much money they spent on just renting the building and paying their crew alone?

It's decisions like this that have caused me to shake my head and wish Dixie would just either hire people who actually know what they are doing or just fold TNA all together.

TNA at one point had amazing potential to be an alternative to WWE, but it just looks as tho they are dead in the water.

If TNA's Spike deal is not renewed this year I think it would be a blessing in disguise for TNA. Maybe they could use it as a rebranding and relaunch it. TNA seriously needs an overhaul from talent to staff. And Dixie needs to stay off television and just be an owner and make smart business decisions, which looks to me as if she is incapable of doing.

TNA need to cut the deadweight, and stop doing these shows at places like this, go back to high school gyms and smaller buildings, cut down the crazy production value and focus on the actual product. You don't need fancy lights and videotrons, you dont hold shows in places that need videotrons, you need guys willing to bust ass and get the product over, then once you start filing these big places focus on the pizzazz.

I don't know if it's common practice to have house shows outdoors, but it looks so bush league, even if you ignore the mostly empty seats.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I don't know if it's common practice to have house shows outdoors, but it looks so bush league, even if you ignore the mostly empty seats.
    I don't know about that... I mean, I always thought the WCW shows that were done outdoors were pretty cool. Especially the one where the ring was surrounded by a swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
    Tell me about, they were mine too around 2006 -2008 before hulk hogan in 2010 came and killed them. It's been a slow downhill fall since than losing their core fans that brought them to the dance.
    I'm not sure Hogan is to blame for what's happening to TNA at present. For a while things were going pretty well under Hogan & Bischoff. TNA certainly didn't lose any core fans, they actually gained a fair few as at one point they were regularly doing 1.1/1.2's in the ratings. They fell off a cliff briefly with the ill-timed Monday Night Wars Part 2, but got back to decent levels once TNA went back to Thursdays.

The current state of TNA is all down to Dixie. Releasing all original talent and providing inferior replacements, alongside some of the worst storytelling ever broadcast across any television network anywhere in the world, was always going to end in disaster. Even the hardcore 1.0 who have stayed with TNA through the lowest of lows are finally throwing in the towel.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

The shows WCW did around swimming pools were for TV, and the setting worked. House shows are usually for smaller arenas, and or buildings to give the fans a more personal feel, and ease some tension on wrestlers so that they can try new moves/gimmicks, or whatever without the pressure of TV or PPV.

Basically a house show is like going to watch your friends band practice before their big gig, if they fuck up and goof off that's ok because it's practice, and practice doesn't count.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

I derive malicious pleasure from TNA's failures.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Is it true that Bobby Lashley on a recent episode of Impact kept on switching between black and yellow shirts because the segments were filmed out of order and the show was badly edited together?

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Are we doing the "treat wrestling like sports teams" thing again?

Aaaanyway, it's no wonder Samoa Joe would rather stream video games on Twitch than deal with any of this.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Is it true that Bobby Lashley on a recent episode of Impact kept on switching between black and yellow shirts because the segments were filmed out of order and the show was badly edited together?
    I wouldn't doubt it. I have the Beer Money/MCMG DVD combo and the Beer Money portion of the DVD is out of order.

Thanks Bender

Not Even God Can Save You SensesFailed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Are we doing the "treat wrestling like sports teams" thing again?

Aaaanyway, it's no wonder Samoa Joe would rather stream video games on Twitch than deal with any of this.
    Samoa Joe has a stream???

Props to Hayze for the banner

There is something wrong when people think Cena is a better in-ring worker than Tanahashi
    2009/2010/2011 MMA Diehard and 2009 Underappreciated Award Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Samoa Joe has a stream???
    He's done a few Titanfall streams. Doesn't talk much, though. :P

Cool venue but why is the ring so far from the crowd?

Anyway, I guess that new talent agency they got a partnership with isn't helping yet. I really like TNA right now. For the first time ever I think they're the best company on TV. But I got this bad feeling, as more stories come out about them not resigning with Spike, that maybe this is it for them.

Just bad management man. And no kind of artistic success can save them from that.
    ***THIS MONTH IN PRO WRESTLING***

They should just do high school gyms like the indys.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Dick!

Anywho, yeah, TNA looked to be a real alternative to WWE at one point, now, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_Little2 View Post
    I think that's a non-issue, Omar. If they did high school gyms they'd still be expected to draw at least a thousand. And sadly, that's for TNA's standard. You'd really expect them to do 3,000 wherever they went because that's what they used to do in Brooklyn and a few other venues.

That being said, I would support high school gyms because people that complain about them looking second rate are always gonna do that. They might as well save some money at the same time.

The problem is they're a broken company on the business side of things. They don't know how to sell tickets. And that's they're second or third most important metric. Probably second because I can't imagine PPV doing well for them.
    ***THIS MONTH IN PRO WRESTLING***

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_Little2 View Post
    They tried that and people still didn't show up.

That sucks.. Smaller venues are the way to go. It's cheaper for them I'm sure.

Thanks Spike!

Thread Information