Thread: WWE 2K15 not releasing that year?

Default WWE 2K15 not releasing that year?

- There's talk of releasing the WWE 2K15 video game closer around WrestleMania 31 time instead of this fall to take advantage of the corporate synergy that's going around that time of the year for WWE.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...e-video-games/

it look WWE 2K15 will not be releasing that year.

Default Re: WWE 2K15 not releasing that year?

I don't know, I'm not too business savvy but I would say that capitalizing on Christmas sales is the best way to go, in which case the release date is fine as it is. If they were to move the release to early December I would say that would be a smarter move.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

I was surprised they didn't make WWE 2K14 for PS4 and XBOX One since the release date for the game was so close to the debuting dates for both consoles. Now to hear it may even be longer to wait for a WWE game on PS4 is crappy. Damn it, it better be worth the wait. The WWE games have already been somewhat outdated (rosters, heel/face turns, etc.) upon their release because of the time it takes to make them. With a delayed release, there could be some unhappy fans that aren't accustomed to playing a new game that feels old already.

We noted yesterday that there was talk of releasing the WWE 2K15 video game around WrestleMania 31 time to take advantage of the corporate synergy going around WWE at that time of the year.
    Capsule Computers reports that the game is scheduled to be released in March 2015. They add that development of the game is being completely handled by Visual Concepts, the developer behind the NBA 2K series.

A "My Career" mode is rumored to replace the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode where the player starts out in WWE NXT and works their way to the main roster and to the top

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...-release-date/

It might be better this way. It gives the game designers more time to perfect the game for the new systems. The graphics will be insane!

Great news.

After years of bitching about the 'same old shit', it's nice to see 2k take it's time with the WWE license.

If it turns out to be the same old shit, well then...

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

I for one am glad that they are holding off.

The WWE games have become Madden games, where one is released every year with minimal improvements, mainly just updated rosters and a few tweeks here and there.

Id really like to see what 2K does this time around now that they are in control for the most part this time. Unlike last time, the game was pretty much complete by the time 2K got a hold of it.

As long as they don't go too overboard with a new button scheme I'll be happy, the one thing I've loved most about the WWE games over the years has been the fact you can pick up and play right away and not have to worry about button mashing.

the wait annoys me but the upside can be HUGE.

one small request. change back the kickout system. the current one sucks and comes off simply as to make the game harder without actually working on shit like the AI to make it harder in the fun way.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Thread Information