Thread: This whole Fandango/Layla thing ... Will it lead to anything?

Arrogance Personified The Bad Apple's Avatar

Default This whole Fandango/Layla thing ... Will it lead to anything?

OK so the last few weeks WWE have been making quite a big deal of this new found Fandango/Layla relationship on TV and I have been kind of intrigued as to what it might lead to? Personally Id like it to lead to the whole Fandango gimmick being dropped. Johnny Curtis has talent in my opinion look at his build up towards wrestlemania 29 where he beat Jericho and surely to god this whole Fandango thing cant last for ever. Will this storyline develop into anything half decent or is it just another stupid storyline by the WWE writing team???

Default Re: This whole Fandango/Layla thing ... Will it lead to anything?

It's all about Summer Rae. It's a way to get her over when she comes back from filming The Marine 4.

I highly doubt WWE is even considering Fandy's future in all of this. And as much as I would love them to shelve the character and do something productive with Johnny, it ain't happening. That's gonna be his gimmick until they get bored of signing his paychecks and release him.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I don't see why people want Fandango to drop this gimmick. Honestly, Fandango is pretty much Dirty Curty with some dance moves. And sorry. I know the Internet is madly in love with all things NXT, but Johnny Curtis on his own didn't go very far.

And Fandango and Layla are a couple. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't expect more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

I honestly don't see Fandango making it too much longer but luckily for him he has a gimmick that might give him bookings ala Honky Tonk Man.

He at least has something recognizable.

I wish they did something more with fandango dude is talented.

The creepy character is basically Fandango turned down, I don't see it working at all on Raw. Some of these NXT characters are hard to transition to bigger crowds where the characters need to be bolder.

Curtis is a fine talent, nothing out of the ordinary though and he's found a nice niche for himself in the mid-card. Obviously, fans of any wrestler these days believe their guy belongs in the main event, that is the norm, but I've seen nothing from Curtis to warrant that sort of hype, and I would consider myself to pretty appreciative of his talent.

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

Just remember that if everyone with talent was pushed to the main event then the midcard would be awful. Talented midcarders help make for a good show.

Fandango would have to receive a push to become a mid-card talent. The guy is an undercard player who trades wins with joke jobbers. That's it. He's in the Funaki/Scotty 2 Hotty tier of talent.

I'm not saying put him in the main event. I'm saying I wish they would drop a gimmick that is only good for being a joke character. Some guys will never amount to more than that (Adam Rose), but WWE saddling guys with these idiotic gimmicks, and then killing their pushes almost immediately, ensures they won't ever break out and be a real success in any capacity.

And as far as him being content with his lot in life ...

It frustrates me that someone would be content to draw a paycheck to not live up to their potential. If having a gimmick that will live forever on the indies is more important to him, just ask for the release and get it over with. Approaching a job with the attitude of "I'm going to be content not advancing here because I can work forever at some lower-level job elsewhere based on it" is ass-backwards. It's like working at Capital Grille and saying, "Well, they'll never make me head chef, so I'm not even going to try to work my way up through the kitchen. Besides, when they finally fire me, I can flip burgers forever at McDonalds!"

What kind of mindset is that to have? That's not having a Plan B (which everyone in WWE should have). That's saying "I care more about having it made with Plan B than in actually putting effort into my Plan A." If he's actually content with that, quit and create a roster spot for someone who actually wants to make things work out in WWE.

PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanMike View Post
    Just remember that if everyone with talent was pushed to the main event then the midcard would be awful. Talented midcarders help make for a good show.
    Now, see, I don't get that line of thought.

Not everyone can be a main-eventer at the same time. But if a lot of guys on the roster have the talent to be a main-eventer, they should be given the chance to prove it at some point. And yes, only a few of them will main-event at the same time. And few of them will be main-event fixtures. Most of them would by default fall to the mid-card, and occasionally rise back up to the main event when the storylines require it.

How does that harm the mid-card in any way? So long as the writing is there to support it (and in WWE, the writing is the major thing holding back the mid-card at any given time), having more main-event-quality talent feuding with the mid-card talent and fighting over the mid-card titles would only help the mid-card. Y'know, like back when guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels (main-event-quality talent) were going all-out for belts like the Intercontinental Title.

PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Fandango would have to receive a push to become a mid-card talent. The guy is an undercard player who trades wins with joke jobbers. That's it. He's in the Funaki/Scotty 2 Hotty tier of talent.

I'm not saying put him in the main event. I'm saying I wish they would drop a gimmick that is only good for being a joke character. Some guys will never amount to more than that (Adam Rose), but WWE saddling guys with these idiotic gimmicks, and then killing their pushes almost immediately, ensures they won't ever break out and be a real success in any capacity.

And as far as him being content with his lot in life ...

It frustrates me that someone would be content to draw a paycheck to not live up to their potential. If having a gimmick that will live forever on the indies is more important to him, just ask for the release and get it over with. Approaching a job with the attitude of "I'm going to be content not advancing here because I can work forever at some lower-level job elsewhere based on it" is ass-backwards. It's like working at Capital Grille and saying, "Well, they'll never make me head chef, so I'm not even going to try to work my way up through the kitchen. Besides, when they finally fire me, I can flip burgers forever at McDonalds!"

What kind of mindset is that to have? That's not having a Plan B (which everyone in WWE should have). That's saying "I care more about having it made with Plan B than in actually putting effort into my Plan A." If he's actually content with that, quit and create a roster spot for someone who actually wants to make things work out in WWE.
    You're equating working in fast food with destroying your body as a professional wrestler.

One you want to do for as long as you can while putting as little damage on your body as possible, and the other is working in fast food.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

No, I'm not "equating" them. I'm using an analogy to illustrate a point regarding attitudes towards jobs.

PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    No, I'm not "equating" them. I'm using an analogy to illustrate a point regarding attitudes towards jobs.
    OK, my apologies for not understanding. But what about this:

I don't think too many wrestlers would call "Getting signed by WWE and having a character that actually pay attention to, while getting to make out with one attractive girl after another" a Plan B.

Regular ol' Johnny Curtis freshly removed from NXT would've needed a REAL Plan B.

I'm a follower.

"If he's actually content with that, quit and create a roster spot for someone who actually wants to make things work out in WWE."

DC, did you honestly just say Fandango should request his release if he's happy with this character and is happy to make it on the indies?

Did it ever occur to you he might want to do the character in WWE for as long as possible as well? Did it ever occur to you that, for him, this is making it work out in the WWE? He is on TV every week, on multiple shows. JTG and Curt Hawkins would kill to get the TV Time Fandango gets.

I'd say you're being to Creepy Curty what Blindy is to Mason Ryan, but that would actually be insulting to Blindy.*

*I'm sorry for comparing your man crush for Creepy Curty with Blindy's man crush for Huge Jackedman.
    baboosh

I'm pretty sure this is gonna lead to Layla giving birth to a foot.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is gonna lead to Layla giving birth to a foot.
    She isn't that old...

Anyways, I feel like we're in for a wedding angle. And it's gonna end with Fandango marrying himself...

I just wish they would give them someone else besize Emema/Santina I mean its like every Raw/SD it either a mix tag or the guys or girls

Maybe when Summer comes back team her up with someone to take them on

Thread Information