Thread: Cena can do what's never been done

Default Cena can do what's never been done

After watching that amazing opening segment on Raw last week, the WWE and John Cena have the opportunity to do something that's never really been done before:

Have the fans be the heels.

Cena hasn't done anything wrong - he's played the good guy the majority of his career, he helps the kids, and yet most of the audience still boo him. Having Cena ask "Why?" was a great start on Monday. This could be an amazing opportunity for Cena to still be the good guy, and for the first time ever, let the fans be the heels. Good guys have been booed before, but it almost always leads to a heel turn. Don't let Cena do it. Let the fans be the ones who turn, and run with it.

It could be very reminiscent of the Canada vs USA storyline in the late 90s with the Harts, where Bret was booed in the USA but cheered in Canada and the rest of the world - he still felt like he was the "good guy".

Would something like this work with Cena? I think so - and it could be brilliant.

Default Re: Cena can do what's never been done

Quote Originally Posted by paulo75 View Post
    After watching that amazing opening segment on Raw last week, the WWE and John Cena have the opportunity to do something that's never really been done before:

Have the fans be the heels.

Cena hasn't done anything wrong - he's played the good guy the majority of his career, he helps the kids, and yet most of the audience still boo him. Having Cena ask "Why?" was a great start on Monday. This could be an amazing opportunity for Cena to still be the good guy, and for the first time ever, let the fans be the heels. Good guys have been booed before, but it almost always leads to a heel turn. Don't let Cena do it. Let the fans be the ones who turn, and run with it.

It could be very reminiscent of the Canada vs USA storyline in the late 90s with the Harts, where Bret was booed in the USA but cheered in Canada and the rest of the world - he still felt like he was the "good guy".

Would something like this work with Cena? I think so - and it could be brilliant.
    Interesting idea. But for this to work the WWE needs to acknowledge that the fans are the bad ones. It doesn't help when Cole or JBL put over the crowd like they always do. The announcers need to question the fans and how they react.

This is what Nightwolf has been talking about for years.

Clearly, Nightwolf is the Mole that's secretly a part of WWE Creative.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Sounds like it could work I agreed with JV thought it would take alot from WWE and the announcers to make it work I like to see it play out

I thought Cena has been an anti-villain for quite some time. Next year will mark a decade.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

It's not the first time, but I love the idea.

Bret Hart was the "bad guy" in 1997, but only in the U.S. He scolded the fans for supporting "real" bad guys like Shawn Michaels. Every other country fucking loved Bret. It was amazing.

#BelieveInTheMods
    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Sounds like a fine line they'd have to walk at the announcer table...do you want to insult your paying customers by calling them "the bad guy" just for not cheering "who they're supposed to"? It might backfire on them.

Strongest One There Is sandmanfvr's Avatar

I just think, they should make Cena a full heel again. Fuck the standard, fuck the norm, shake it up. Would make the character fresh. Sigh, I can only hope. Hell, him and Bray team up, shit something NEW. Cena, the character, is SO stale he has mold on him.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    I just think, they should make Cena a full heel again. Fuck the standard, fuck the norm, shake it up. Would make the character fresh. Sigh, I can only hope. Hell, him and Bray team up, shit something NEW. Cena, the character, is SO stale he has mold on him.
    John Cena is never turning heel.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

I would be amazed if Cena never turns heel. At some stage he isn't going to be the kids' hero, he will get completely stale and they will take him in another direction.

This 'Cena is never turning heel' crap is exactly the same as 'Taker's streak never ending. It's wrestling, it will happen.

This is already the case when the fans boo Cena for 5 years at least they always go hostile WWE universe or the most controversial wwe superstar in history. Insulting fans is stupid I think how they handle it now is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I would be amazed if Cena never turns heel. At some stage he isn't going to be the kids' hero, he will get completely stale and they will take him in another direction.

This 'Cena is never turning heel' crap is exactly the same as 'Taker's streak never ending. It's wrestling, it will happen.
    But the merchandise, Todd. And the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

It will cause Global Economic Collapse. John Cena can never turn heel, because every dirtsheet for the last 5 years has told that Vince McMahon believes it will LITERALLY BE THE CAUSE OF THE APOCALYPSE.

John Cena is never turning heel.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

WWE have missed the boat on officially turning him heel anyway. They've had multiple chances to pull the trigger over the past eight years or so when the timing would have been perfect, but I doubt it was ever even seriously considered. In truth Cena has been a heel many times over the past few years purely by how the crowd have reacted to him. If you're getting booed out of the building for the character you play and the ideals you represent, then you're a heel. ECW ONS 2006 - Cena was the heel. The first "Once in a Lifetime" match - Cena was the heel. It doesn't really matter whether he tried to act like a face or not, the fans turned it around on him and the WWE. The fact it was never acknowledged by Cena or WWE is largely irrelevant imo.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

I agree he never will, but it's thoughts like this that w o d,make it all the more epic if he ever did. No one expects him to. I'd be pissed to all hell, but that shit would make damned sure I tuned in.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

I've thought Cena has been a greet heel for about 7 years now. He and the company know the reaction he is going to get, especially in certain places, and they go with it. To keep up the level of getting booed like that for a long amount of time is amazing! Hell, not even Flair could keep that amount of heat for so long. I'm almost to the point that if they don't turn him, Cena might go down as the greatest heel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information