Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

  1. #1
    Queen B
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Union, Missouri
    Age
    27
    Posts
    415

    Default Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    In Pro-Wrestling, you’re always going to have divas. They aren’t always female however, as the WWE has plenty of men who act all high and mighty and do not want to do certain things. They will pitch a fit until you, as management, give in. Then once you do, it’s over. They are now on top.

    Perhaps one of the worst ideas WWE had in some time was to bring back Dave Batista. While the idea was not bad in theory, the run never really got off the ground. It could have been how he was booked of course. The original concept was to have Batista win the Royal Rumble, then win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30. That’s right everyone, WWE planned to literally hand the World Title to Batista after being back literally three months over anyone else who has been around for years.

    As we know by now, WWE changed their minds and had Daniel Bryan win instead. This turned out well for the WWE fans and of course, WWE in general. The fans literally made Bryan, unlike Batista who was made by the WWE machine itself. Since leaving the WWE a few years ago, Batista has been quite busy. He is now set to be in a big summer blockbuster, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy”.

    The plan was always for Batista to come in, work a few PPVs then leave to promote the film. However, the original idea was to have Batista come in and work up until the Payback PPV in June. Of course, the original concept was also to have him become the WWE World Heavyweight Champ too. Naturally, plans changed.

    Yet WWE still planned to have “The Animal” around until June, as he would only need to be gone for a month or so to promote the film coming out this August.

    Batista did not want to work the Payback PPV because he was set to take on Daniel Bryan for the Title. He was going to lose because he would have left right after. Due to the fact that Batista tapped out at WrestleMania to Bryan, he felt that losing to him again in a similar way would not be good. According to sources, Batista felt that losing to someone so small would not help him be remembered when he returns to the company. He also felt it would hurt the promotion for the upcoming movie.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    Instead of doing the match, Batista declined and is now set to leave after Extreme Rules and is no longer scheduled for anything after the event. It’s rumored that Dave will get “hurt” in the match against The Shield at Extreme Rules and be back near SummerSlam.

    It really doesn’t make sense as one more loss to his record would not really kill him. That’s just my two cents however.

    Batista’s return has not gone well. Some of this was not on him, but rather the booking of WWE. Fans did not want to see him handed everything when Bryan, who earned it, had nothing. The same reasoning was what made CM Punk leave, which set more fans against Batista. Now refusing to do business is not going to help his credibility with the fans. I hope he understands that the same people who watch WWE will also be the one’s watching movies in the summer time. Do you really want to tick everyone off?

    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1237301/wwe...9sC0czJxxBz.99
    Unsure how truthful this is, but if it's true all I gotta say, Dude stop being such a girl!
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

    And lead us not into temptation,But deliver us from evil

    God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.


    RIP The Shield 2012 - 2014

  2. #2
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,674

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    THE ANIMAL BAAAAATISTA!


    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  3. #3
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,429

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Batista's right about him losing to Bryan again before going to promote a movie where he's supposed to play a badass juggernaut character. That's the problem when you have guys come back as wrestlers once they've gone Hollywood: they have to protect their image in the short-term because it can hurt the promotion of their movie. With full-time wrestlers, yes, your image is important ... but there's usually time to make up for a loss down the road.

    So I don't fault Batista for thinking along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if the people in charge of promoting GOTG had a hand in this, too.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  4. #4
    Front heel kick Leper Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Wrestlers have egos? I'm shocked.

    But yeah, when you contractually obligated to win, and it doesn't happen, you're probably gonna be ticked and leave. Can't say this is surprising.

  5. #5
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,674

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Batista's right about him losing to Bryan again before going to promote a movie where he's supposed to play a badass juggernaut character. That's the problem when you have guys come back as wrestlers once they've gone Hollywood: they have to protect their image in the short-term because it can hurt the promotion of their movie. With full-time wrestlers, yes, your image is important ... but there's usually time to make up for a loss down the road.

    So I don't fault Batista for thinking along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if the people in charge of promoting GOTG had a hand in this, too.
    Except its a fixed result. People aren't going to the movie to see Batista himself but more so the Marvel characters themselves.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,933

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I give Batista all the credit in the world for NOT being a bitch and agreeing to TAP (of all things) to Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. Now, THAT was a class act. Most people are way too hard on the guy.

  7. #7
    We the People! JV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    I give Batista all the credit in the world for NOT being a bitch and agreeing to TAP (of all things) to Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. Now, THAT was a class act. Most people are way too hard on the guy.
    Same here.

    But speaking of Batista tapping I do find it odd how the crowd is NOT taunting Batista for tapping out at WM. You would think that considering how hot Bryan was going into WM that the crowd would relentlessly taunt Batista with "you tapped out" chants, but that hasn't happened.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville AL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I don't know if I would be so hard on Big Dave He not the only one who have done this I mean we have one that was given the biggest win ever I mean come on IMO no Title win is biger then beating Taker at WM

    I do respact that Dave Tap out at WM and see in a way why he doesn't want to lose again

  9. #9
    Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yuma by way of Illinois
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I wouldn't be surprised if Batista is just completely frustrated at this whole second run and just wants to leave. Obviously there is no way to know for sure but he wins the Rumble and gets booed, has to tap out to Bryan at Mania and has to lose once more to Bryan.

    I don't see a scenario where Batista thought before coming back, "Yeah, this is exactly how I want it to go".

  10. #10
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,429

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Except its a fixed result. People aren't going to the movie to see Batista himself but more so the Marvel characters themselves.
    So?

    Perception matters in show business. Even when it's fake fighting.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  11. #11
    Queen B
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Union, Missouri
    Age
    27
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Same here.

    But speaking of Batista tapping I do find it odd how the crowd is NOT taunting Batista for tapping out at WM. You would think that considering how hot Bryan was going into WM that the crowd would relentlessly taunt Batista with "you tapped out" chants, but that hasn't happened.
    See I don't know bout y'all but Orton, Batista, and Bryan earned my respect with the WM match. Neither Batista nor Randy had to put Bryan over...yet they did and for that I will always respect them even though when on TV I love to hate heel Batista and Orton.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

    And lead us not into temptation,But deliver us from evil

    God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.


    RIP The Shield 2012 - 2014

  12. #12
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,674

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    So?

    Perception matters in show business. Even when it's fake fighting.
    I doubt people are going to think less of him because he loses/taps to Bryan, who is becoming one of the most respected and revered talents in the world when it comes to pro wrestling.

    This is more of Batista thinking that little guys don't really belong with the big boys in pro wrestling.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  13. #13
    Senior Member TheRassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    945

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Ehhhh, can't say I blame him. Scripted or not, losing to a small guy a month before a movie,where you play an unstoppable brute in, comes out isn't a good look.

  14. #14
    I LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE E <3 Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    12,858

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    This idea that Batista losing to Daniel Bryan would affect the performance of the Guardians of the Galaxy is something I find utterly confuzzling.

    Everyone is always talking about how the cream rises to the top, and talent always matters in the end, and someone's height shouldn't matter. Few people will deny Daniel Bryan's talent.

    And yet, when Dave Batista comes back because he's going to be in a movie about a Marvel C Team, wrestling fans throw all of that out of the window because....?

    Does that wrestling business mind conditioning of "BIG GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" come back that quickly? I mean, I knew Daniel Bryan's standing was fragile with a lot of you, but holy hell...

    Oh, and a movie is less "real" than pro wrestling, because that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

    I'm a follower.

    This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

  15. #15
    Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    4,058

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    THE ANIMAL BAAAAATISTA!

    "The WAAAAAAAAAH-nimal BAAAAATISTA!"
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

  16. #16
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,848

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I'm right with Deej on this, who the hell made the ruling that size matters above all else and emblazened it into wrestling lore.

    All credit to Batista for tapping out but all it really took was common sense. There was no acceptable outcome to Mania 30 except the one we all got and Batista surely knew that. If he wants to go home, let him.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 2 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall, with special guest EasyRider

  17. #17
    Front heel kick Leper Messiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Maybe it's just me, but a big guy losing to a small guy never made the big guy look weak to me, just the little guy look stronger. Big Show was willing to tap to Punk at December to Dismember, and has lost a lot. Pretty much everyone he wrestles is small compared, yet you still wouldn't think "he's a pussy, I could take".

  18. #18
    Senior Member JACKNIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,343

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    well if he's planning to come back around summerslam and still hang around a bit more after that then yeah i can fully understand his side here.

    i cant help but think how little a win over jericho during chris's last run began to feel. the guy was losing too damn much and it diminished the impact.

    dave swallowed his pride and did what was best for everyone and put over bryan at WM. this also protected orton who lost the title without actually being beat in the match.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

  19. #19
    Fan Fic HOFer Kid Jericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,858

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I would actually love for Batista to take the blame when GOTG bombs.


    The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)
    • Round 1 Result: Survived (Promo, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin)

    [π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

  20. #20
    Space Cowboy El Maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,173

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Yeah, I think this is bullshit. Dave hasn't been advertised for post-ER events in a long time and he's spoken highly of Daniel Bryan since his return.

  21. #21
    Banned The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Batista gets too much shit now and it's unnecessary.

    He came back, won the Rumble (which will historically put him down as the worst choice ever) and he lost to DB. He's a douche, so I don't feel bad; but he ain't bothering me anymore so whatever. Daniels champ, no need to hate The Animal anymore.

  22. #22
    Senior Member TheRassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    945

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I would actually love for Batista to take the blame when GOTG bombs.
    Yeah but GOTG isn't going to bomb

  23. #23
    SAWFT Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,447

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    I disagree with the premise that bringing Big Dave back was one of the worst ideas WWE has had in a while. Pushing Dave as a top babyface was one of their worst ideas in a while. But bringing him back led to WWE having a heel that people actively despised, and that's never a bad thing.

    As for the report, I dunno, I can see both sides. I could see Dave going "Dude, I've done nothing but jobs since I came back, this is starting to get ridiculous" even though Dave jobbing to new guys is BEST FOR BUSINESS. Dave's always thought wrestling should be presented a certain way, and it's not "the big guy loses every month."

    But then again, "Batista refuses to job to Daniel Bryan" is the most dirt sheety report in the history of ever. So, really, who knows? I guess we'll see what direction we go in tonight.

    "I like cake."

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

  24. #24
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,429

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    As for the report, I dunno, I can see both sides. I could see Dave going "Dude, I've done nothing but jobs since I came back, this is starting to get ridiculous" even though Dave jobbing to new guys is BEST FOR BUSINESS. Dave's always thought wrestling should be presented a certain way, and it's not "the big guy loses every month."
    This. And to an extent, Dave's right about presentation: the returning multi-time world champion shouldn't spend his entire return looking up at the lights. Guys like him only have drawing ability if they seem credible. How often do we laugh at WWE when they try to make Show and Kane threatening again? It's the same argument.

    And while I disagree that past stars should be able to waltz in from Hollywood and be handed the strap, you also have to keep in mind that they need to be booked relatively strong because wrestling is their side business and, again, perception matters. Perception matters in WWE, where they are trying to promote a fake fighting league. Perception matters just as much in Hollywood, because they're trying to promote films that are worth (hopefully, in their minds) hundreds of millions of dollars.

    I don't understand why common sense gets thrown out the window just because Daniel Bryan and Dave Batista are involved. It has nothing to do with what we, as wrestling smarks, think of Batista. It's what all the other people out there think. It'd be like if Rock came back for another run to help promote a movie, and the whole time he was presented horribly as a character and he just kept losing. His agent would be furious. The people in charge of promoting the movie would be furious. It could very well turn some subset of people off from seeing the movie. Or, at the very least, it wouldn't make people who otherwise wouldn't have cared about the movie decide to check it out.

    Movie-makers are trying to put asses in seats, just the same as Vince is. And if y'all don't think that perceptions of Dave matter, then why the hell do actors need to promote their films at all? Shouldn't trailers be enough if it's "just about the film" and has nothing to do with the people playing the roles?

    Dave put Bryan over in the biggest way he possibly could. Get off his back on that count. (The failed face return, his ring rust, and his inability to talk are fair game, though, and I bet his agent and the people promoting GOTG are just thrilled by all that.)

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  25. #25
    Senior Member ExOfEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Calgary...Alberta...Canada
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Batista Leaving after Extrem Rules?

    Batista has his faults, but everything can't be blamed on him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •