Thread: John Cena in a new book - Wish Granted

Queen B

Default John Cena in a new book - Wish Granted

In the new book “Wish Granted: 25 Stories of Strength and Resilience from America’s Favorite Athletes,” John Cena and 24 other athletes share their personal experiences working with Make-A-Wish kids. At the center of these stories are the victories, challenges, triumphs and tears that sum up the experience of wish granting. These athletes set about to make a difference for a child but found, instead, that the child changed them.

Celebrating the strength and courage of the human spirit in the face of adversity, “Wish Granted” focuses on the uplifting power people have to offer hope and joy to others — both athlete to child and child to athlete. In addition to John Cena, these inspiring stories feature Danica Patrick, Landon Donovan, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Tony Hawk and many more superstars of the sports world. Best of all, every book sold will help grant life-changing wishes. Make-A-Wish will receive royalties estimated at 5-15 percent of each book sold.

To order “Wish Granted” or read a free excerpt, visit www.wish.org/wishgranted.

^^^ Of course this is no surprise.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

And lead us not into temptation,But deliver us from evil

God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

RIP The Shield 2012 - 2014

Default Re: John Cena in a new book - Wish Granted

Wait.

John Cena works with the Make-A-Wish foundation?
    Spoiler

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Wait.

John Cena works with the Make-A-Wish foundation?
    Lmao, I know it's a shock...
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

Oh my God, John Cena is such a fucking piece of shit scumbag. He's obviously exploiting those children for popularity. How dare he make their biggest dreams come true?

Credit goes to Mr. J for this awesome banner!

http://happykatana.wordpress.com/201...eckoning-mode/- My idea for the Day Of Reckoning style of Story Mode to return in 2K15. Check it out!

Too bad he'll ignore our wishes.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
    Oh my God, John Cena is such a fucking piece of shit scumbag. He's obviously exploiting those children for popularity. How dare he make their biggest dreams come true?
    lolololol
    I thought you were trying to troll until I got to the end.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
    the nerve!

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Seriously, you guys.

Why hasn't WWE publicized any of this? I mean, the face of the corporation, making wishes come true for the kids.

This would make Cena and WWE look great in the eyes of all age groups for sure!
    Spoiler

Make a wish gets 5-15% or each book sold? Where does the rest of the money go? What is the markup on a book?

Mainstream sports figures have offseasons that they could use to reach out and still fall way short of the bar Cena has set with this great organization. Speaking as a person who works with kids with disabilities, I know that it doesn't always take much to bring a smile to their face. I can't say I'm an in-ring fan of his, but I respect the man he is.

And as so many of have said SO many times before, THIS is the reason why Cena will never turn heel, and personally, I'm fine with that.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Banned

It's confusing to me because my girlfriend works with sick kids 24/7. It's mainly Autism with the IWK.. she teaches them so many things, man. How to play, how to have fun, how to use the bathroom, how to manage things, how to enjoy life in general. I can't say anymore because it's prohibited. Just the basics here because she isn't allowed to disclose any details about who she works with.

Cena comes along and grants a wish. He comes in and hugs a kid for a photo op, then leaves and gets paid some big bucks.

Just sayin, there's a huge difference here.
    Last edited by SpencAblacK; 05-04-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Banned

I wanna tell you guys a story she told me the other day. Hang in here with me..

Her coworker went to a house where the kid wasn't responsive, he wasn't talking back or anything. She thought it was because he was mad at her for missing the previous session because she was on vacation.
    It turns out that the kid was sick this day. He had snot all over the place but he has Autism so he can't communicate that to her.
    She left the house and took the toys away, the kid screamed her name over and over because he wanted the toys, even as she left the house she could hear the kid screaming her name to come back and play, but they can't on a professional level because the kid is sick.

Worst thing you could ever hear is a child crying behind you as you walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencAblacK View Post
    It's confusing to me because my girlfriend works with sick kids 24/7. It's mainly Autism with the IWK.. she teaches them so many things, man. How to play, how to have fun, how to use the bathroom, how to manage things, how to enjoy life in general. I can't say anymore because it's prohibited. Just the basics here because she isn't allowed to disclose any details about who she works with.

Cena comes along and grants a wish. He comes in and hugs a kid for a photo op, then leaves and gets paid some big bucks.

You have no idea what goes into granting a wish. Just stop now. Before you embarrass yourself even more.
    You understand the point is for faces to be cool, and heels to be jackasses we hate, right? Because I feel like a large portion of the IWC doesn't actually ever understand that.

Cena may not be a full-time carer, but that doesn't diminish what he does

Cena's popular, your girlfriend isn't.

Sarcasm aside, as terrible as autism is, it's not life threatening. The kids that Make-A-Wish help are terminally ill. It's making them happy before they pass away.

I'm assuming you might be trolling, but if not, it's a short sighted view to have.

Queen B

I wanna tell you guys a story she told me the other day. Hang in here with me..

Her coworker went to a house where the kid wasn't responsive, he wasn't talking back or anything. She thought it was because he was mad at her for missing the previous session because she was on vacation.
    It turns out that the kid was sick this day. He had snot all over the place but he has Autism so he can't communicate that to her.
    She left the house and took the toys away, the kid screamed her name over and over because he wanted the toys, even as she left the house she could hear the kid screaming her name to come back and play, but they can't on a professional level because the kid is sick.

Worst thing you could ever hear is a child crying behind you as you walk away.
    I had a reply here, but I deleted it. You Mr. SpencAblack showing more and more that you are here to start drama about things that just don't make sense. How does a child with Autism compare to a child when they could die? It doesn't while Autism can not be cured and no Autism is the same, they are expected to live a long life.

With that said, you can not compare your girlfriend to John Cena.

BTW Children with Autism know how to How to play, how to have fun, how to use the bathroom, how to manage things, how to enjoy life in general. Now they might need help wiping, but you sir either don't know crap about Autism or you are adding things to make it seem like your girlfriend should be crowned queen... After all they have been managing their Austim since birth.
    Last edited by CrazyCountryGir; 05-04-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

All I got to said on this is that anybody who works with Kids wheather they have Needs or on thier Death bed or just Kids are ok in my book

As far as Cena and Make A Wish he holds the Record for the most wishes ever at 403 and the People who does Make A Wish doesn't get paid

As far as WWE not showing try rewatching RAW from this past week where they not only showed the 3 kids he made wishes to but had them in the front row with thier Family

As someone who has been a wish kid (and lucky enough so far to survive) and as someone who has seen Cena grant wishes; that dude goes so far above and beyond it's insane. From freestyle raps cut as the kid is explaining what they are going through, to picking up a kid and rocking them to sleep because they're in so much pain, to introducing the entire locker room to them, to calling them on their birthdays year after year, to visiting them in the hospital unannounced when he comes by their city the next time he's there....and the craziest part is, he goes out of his way not to publicize 95% of what he does, even though WWE tries to get him to publicize it more.

I do not like John Cena the gimmick. I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for the man. That dude is class fucking personified.
    You understand the point is for faces to be cool, and heels to be jackasses we hate, right? Because I feel like a large portion of the IWC doesn't actually ever understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybit View Post
    As someone who has been a wish kid (and lucky enough so far to survive)
    John Cena and Make A Wish aside I'am glad you are still with us and still Frighting keep it up

Thread Information