Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backstage News: Cesaro’s Character, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus Heel turn, Cena/Bray

Default Backstage News: Cesaro’s Character, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus Heel turn, Cena/Bray

APRIL 23, 2014 BY RICHARD GRAY

Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Baltimore…

- We’re told Cesaro’s new entrance music was an example of Triple H winning out. As we reported last week, Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman had an idea for him to not have an entrance but Hunter hated it. Speaking of Cesaro, there was talk of him winning the IC title tournament, however, they decided to go with the Jack Swagger followup after the lengthy undercard build.

- Vince McMahon ultimately wants Cody Rhodes heel, which was the reason for the dissension with Goldust. The feeling, at least from yours truly, is WWE didn’t full capitalize on the opportunity they had with the hard working Rhodes Brothers.

- Speaking of turns, there continue to be discussions about turning Sheamus heel.

- WWE is closely monitoring the John Cena/Bray Wyatt program as they don’t want a double turn. This was the reason for some of the “WWE Universe is being brainwashed” remarks on commentary. Basically it’s a situation where the company is “walking the fine line” to the finish line.
    Glad they are turning Cody heel as well as Sheamus (possibly).

Default Re: Backstage News On Changes To Cesaro’s Character, What Vince McMahon Wants From Co

The first 3 I can agree with, but the last one seriously ? WWE just continuing to shove Cena down our throats.
    The Most Dominant Poster Ever

Default Re: Backstage News: Cesaro’s Character, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus Heel turn, Cena/Bray

I wish they would fucking make up their minds about The Rhodes.

We want Cody face and Goldust heel!

We want a Wrestlemania match!

We don't want a Wrestlemania match!

We want Cody heel and Goldust face!

It's showtime, folks!

Default Re: Backstage News: Cesaro’s Character, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus Heel turn, Cena/Bray

- Vince McMahon ultimately wants Cody Rhodes heel, which was the reason for the dissension with Goldust. The feeling, at least from yours truly, is WWE didn’t full capitalize on the opportunity they had with the hard working Rhodes Brothers.
    While I'm not SM, this just convinces me even more that nothing ever changes and Cody's never gonna go anywhere.

- WWE is closely monitoring the John Cena/Bray Wyatt program as they don’t want a double turn. This was the reason for some of the “WWE Universe is being brainwashed” remarks on commentary. Basically it’s a situation where the company is “walking the fine line” to the finish line.
    It's cute of them to say that. Real cute. Because the question they won't say on commentary is "Who is the one doing the brainwashing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

I'd rather have Cody be the face and Goldust be the heel he's a decent face.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It's cute of them to say that. Real cute. Because the question they won't say on commentary is "Who is the one doing the brainwashing?"
    Cena's shitty work all around is doing the "brainwashing".

Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    Cena's shitty work all around is doing the "brainwashing".

SUBTLETY. I was using subtlety.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Good little WWE Sheep SensesFailed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post

SUBTLETY. I was using subtlety.
    DJM, for as long as I've been posting here, I didn't think you and subtlety would really ever go hand in hand lol

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    DJM, for as long as I've been posting here, I didn't think you and subtlety would really ever go hand in hand lol
    Hey, I'm not afraid of changing and evolving my gimmick with the times.

I'm a follower.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Backstage News On Changes To Cesaro’s Character, What Vince McMahon Wants From Co

Quote Originally Posted by DeanAmbroseMark View Post
    The first 3 I can agree with, but the last one seriously ? WWE just continuing to shove Cena down our throats.
    Oh come on, did you really think Cena was turning?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

^ Yea WWE can have there cake and eat it to it's the perfect situation really. The kids and women can get behind him as a good guy and the fact that it looks like a lot of the fans are assholes or heels just plays into the story.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

The feeling, at least from yours truly, is WWE didn’t full capitalize on the opportunity they had with the hard working Rhodes Brothers.
    I also hate sentences like this in news articles. No one cares about the reporter's opinion. If he wants to share it, he should write an opinion article.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Not quite sure I understand the "Cesaro shouldn't have entrance music" thingie. While I don't think his current theme is a great fit, no music also is a specific form of entrance reserved for... I dunno exactly what kind of characters, probably no-nonsense hard hitting badasses but Cesaro is too charismatic and happy to pull that off.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Oh come on, did you really think Cena was turning?
    No I did not but it would be nice.

WWE is continuing to shove Cena down your throats? Damn them forcing you to buy his merchandise. Damn them for forcing those poor kids to pick him for their Make-A-Wish.

I wasn't hoping at all that it would actually happen , but I did think this could be a nice catalyst for a logical Cena turn. It was more just thinking to myself though than any actual belief of seeing it.

Anyways speaking of turns...

I really like Cody as a face , sadly I could say the same for Golddust so it's kind of a lose/lose for me. Either way one of them had to do it and I guess if I were going to choose it would of been the guy with a little less of a future in the WWE ring. That reporter doesn't feel they got enough out of the hard working Rhodes brothers? I wish they would of expanded Cody's grasp has a babyface. Oh well... back to boring me Mr. Rhodes.

I really hope they do turn Sheamus though , of all the stale and overbooked men on the roster he might be #1. With Bryan , Cena and The Shield all prominent they really don't need Sheamus floating around with his schtick that was useful when he was needed as the #2 face. I don't know how , why or when I'd do it , but I'd definitely pull the trigger on it.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    WWE is continuing to shove Cena down your throats? Damn them forcing you to buy his merchandise. Damn them for forcing those poor kids to pick him for their Make-A-Wish.
    Listen The guy is a good guy,I just do not like is character,But I wish the top guy was also relatable to older fans though.

I really don't care about Cody or Sheamus, so I skip to the other two.

1. Vince and Heyman agreed on something. Don't fuck that up HHH. Go with it.

2. I can't WWE for trying to down play the fans being for Bray, and prevent a heel turn for Cena. In fact, with Bray being a cult leader, calling fans brainwashed fits the gimmick, and plays in well.

It plays in well until Cena's next feud which will go back to the commentators saying "feel the energy of the crowd!" as Cena continues to get booed relentlessly.

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

This news fucking pisses me off. I don't want Cody to turn heel at all!

He is a great face, but just doesn't get to show that off on tv. If they gave him segments and mic time instead of just wrestling every show, he would be able to show that.

It really should be Goldust turning heel, not Cody.

It hasn't even been a year since he has been a face. I will be really sad if this comes true.

surrender

Eh, I'm glad they got a theme for Cesaro. I'm tired of waiting for that super Cody push, Sheamus might as well turn heel since he ain't got shit to do right now. Plus we might get another awesome Sheamus/Bryan match (ER 2012)

They sacrificed Cody's face turn for something that was good at the present time, but ultimately it was something that wasn't going to be that great. And that was obviously pairing him up with his brother. I would have much rather seen the storyline go with Cody and his father going up against The Authority which would have led to a short program for Orton and Cody. I was never a fan of Goldust being used because I feared it would take away from Cody.

I hope to god that Cody puts a paper bag over goldust's head.

That said, I'm not entirely sure there will be a turn. I think it will be teased but ultimately I think they'll keep the Rhodes Brothers together. Just a gut feeling.

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    They sacrificed Cody's face turn for something that was good at the present time, but ultimately it was something that wasn't going to be that great. And that was obviously pairing him up with his brother. I would have much rather seen the storyline go with Cody and his father going up against The Authority which would have led to a short program for Orton and Cody. I was never a fan of Goldust being used because I feared it would take away from Cody.
    My problem isn't that they teamed up, but that once they teamed up Cody stopped have mic time. Ever since they teamed up all they have done is wrestle every week.

If they got mic time on tv, I think Cody would be better off as a face.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rhodes View Post
    My problem isn't that they teamed up, but that once they teamed up Cody stopped have mic time. Ever since they teamed up all they have done is wrestle every week.

If they got mic time on tv, I think Cody would be better off as a face.
    Good point. Remember how entertaining his feud was with Sandow? They had such good chemistry. Cody showed he had potential to be a great face.

I know people think WWE is doing great right now because of certain guys being pushed, but they are screwing up with a lot of talented guys (Cody, Sandow, Ziggler).

Thread Information