Thread: Kemper Arena might be torn down..

Queen B

Default Kemper Arena might be torn down..

Kemper Arena (The Arena Owen died in) Is either being torn down or reused for the youth. Around in Missouri though while Kemper Arena is famous for the wrestling accident that took Owen's life, it's more famous for being haunted by Owen so it's not a surprise, but figured y'all might like to know.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

And lead us not into temptation,But deliver us from evil

God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

RIP The Shield 2012 - 2014

Default Re: Kemper Arena might be torn down..

Why is it possibly being tore down?

Quote Originally Posted by ExOfEx View Post
    They have a newer arena in KC, so there is no need for Kemper anymore.

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    They have a newer arena in KC, so there is no need for Kemper anymore.
    That and from what I understand it's too expensive on upkeep..

They also have like an 86% turn over rate of employees..Like I said a lot of people believe it's haunted by Owen so not a lot of people fighting to keep it..

And Yes, I find it funny that people claim Owen is haunting the arena...'Cause I've been there alot since my dad worked there, not once did I see Owen hanging around
    Last edited by CrazyCountryGir; 04-22-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

I'm originally from Kansas and that place should've been torn down at least 10 years ago. I will always fondly remember it as the site of the Kansas Jayhawks 88 national title.

I don't know why, but to this day, the thought of Owen's death makes me sad and damn near depressed. He was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. I always dreamed of watching him the World Championship

I don't know what to say about this I do somewhat belive that Coucate with love ones who has passed but I don't belive in Gost that go around haunting places I know to Wrestling fans it means alot but to non Wrestling fans what does it mean.

Also isn't Raw this week being held in Kansas if so I don't see them useing Kemper

So I'am sorry don't have much to say

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    I don't know what to say about this I do somewhat belive that Coucate with love ones who has passed but I don't belive in Gost that go around haunting places I know to Wrestling fans it means alot but to non Wrestling fans what does it mean.

Also isn't Raw this week being held in Kansas if so I don't see them useing Kemper

So I'am sorry don't have much to say
    I'm from well everywhere in Missouri, but most people in Kansas are happy for it to go. While we had great things after '99 it was always tainted to a degree. I was eleven Owen died, and my favorite place in the world was Kemper Arena, it just wasn't the same afterwards. Of course the Ghost of Owen lives on to this day, but I credit it to not actually a ghost, but standing where the ring was or on the catwalk just causes shivers go up your spine because you can picture how it happened.

Or at least that is my take.

R.I.P Owen Hart, can't believe it's been 14 years and 11 months to this day.
    Last edited by CrazyCountryGir; 04-23-2014 at 03:27 AM.
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCountryGir View Post
    I'm from well everywhere in Missouri, but most people in Kansas are happy for it to go. While we had great things after '99 it was always tainted to a degree. I was eleven Owen died, and my favorite place in the world was Kemper Arena, it just wasn't the same afterwards. Of course the Ghost of Owen lives on to this day, but I credit it to not actually a ghost, but standing where the ring was or on the catwalk just causes shivers go up your spine because you can picture how it happened.

Or at least that is my take.

R.I.P Owen Hart, can't believe it's been 14 years and 11 months to this day.
    That I can belive I know I would have Shivers up my Spine if I was standing there so yes I can belive in thing like that

As you said there was great thing after 99 I know they did Wrestling I wonder how the Stars and even the Crew felt about being there

Come to think about it what year was it that Bret and Christ Beniot did the Match to Owen with WCW

I mean come on here is his Brother and one of his best friend it had to be real hard for them

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    That I can belive I know I would have Shivers up my Spine if I was standing there so yes I can belive in thing like that

As you said there was great thing after 99 I know they did Wrestling I wonder how the Stars and even the Crew felt about being there

Come to think about it what year was it that Bret and Christ Beniot did the Match to Owen with WCW

I mean come on here is his Brother and one of his best friend it had to be real hard for them
    Oct 1999 I believe, and it was heartbreaking. The WWE has also used Kemper Arena since...
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

Like I said a lot of people believe it's haunted by Owen so not a lot of people fighting to keep it..
    Probably cheaper to just call the Ghostbusters instead of tearing down the building.

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle Circus View Post
    Probably cheaper to just call the Ghostbusters instead of tearing down the building.
    Totally singing the song btw...
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

Oct 1999 I believe, and it was heartbreaking. The WWE has also used Kemper Arena since...
    I'm pretty sure it was at Over The Edge in May. I was having friends over for my birthday to watch the pay per view.... we were ten

Owen's death always makes me sad too. I bawl when I see how torn up everyone was about it the next night on RAW, I had never seen wrestlers break kayfabe like that, it was so surreal.

Wow 14 years and 11 months later! How time has just come and gone. I recall watching it as fans looked shook, Jerry was not his normal self , & Good Ol Jr was stating this wasn't part of a angle. Non the less haven't heard much of the arena being used in this time so it may best to give the arena the rest.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExOfEx View Post
    Because it's a shit hole, and an eye sore downtown. It's a reminder of how craptastic downtown KC used to be. The NBA and NHL had stated that KC would never be considered as a relocation or expansion spot due to Kemper, and the NCAA stopped having tournament games there several years before the Sprint Center was built. I know over the past several years they were using it for AG events and the like, but the place is falling apart. I say good riddance!

Queen B

http://forums.prowrestling.com/attac...8&d=1398467797 This is from Kemper Arena, and what many claim is proof that Owen haunts there...I do think it's weird that it looks like something flying down from the top towards where the ring was...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "PUPPIES"<Jerry Lawler

Native Kansas Citian here. Once all of the pro indoor teams left town and the NCAA offices moved to Indy, the Kemper has become useless except for rodeos and pro-BBQ events. The area is much better served as public parking/commuting lot.

I'd love to see KC build some sort of combo subway/Maglev train which connects to their gawd-awful airport out in the sticks, using the site as a terminus.

Time to get a law-degree and start doing some politics.

*Steps off soap box*

Thread Information