Thread: Something I noticed about Cena/Wyatt

Default Something I noticed about Cena/Wyatt

So, now that WWE is playing into how the crowd reacts to Bray Wyatt, and has more or less completely turned on Cena, I realized something today. WWE has a storyline right now that has started with the hero already having lost. It's not an uncommon theme in other forms of fiction, but it's really rare in wrestling. Cena's already failed, Wyatt has the whole world under his spell, basically.

And in those other forms of fiction, the hero usually has to fight from underneath until he can find a way to reverse the damage or reveal the villain's horrible nature to the world so that they reject the villain, or just kills him outright.

But, if they're going to go by crowd reaction, then not only has Cena lost, but Cena is NEVER going to win. Bray's more over than most people could ever imagine, and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. Cena, meanwhile, is arguably being booed harder than ever before. I don't see the crowd swinging back Cena's way any time soon, so I'm really interested as to where this could be going.

What say you, friends? How hard is Cena fucked?

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

Default Re: Something I noticed about Cena/Wyatt

I actually think the dilemma is more with The Wyatt's than it is with Cena. I think Cena is in such an awesome position where he can easily switch from heel to face without any change in his character. I do think it means that Cena is going to move away from this program soon so he can go back to being more of a face.

I don't see how in the world they can book The Wyatt's as faces, though, and I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Are we really going on the premise that John Cena of all people can't recover from something?

He'll be fine. And no, the Cenation isn't actually turning on him, contrary to what Raw commentary wants you to believe.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I was just talking in terms of this angle. Cena looked completely defeated last night when he saw he would have to fight the entire Wyatt Family at once, and it's only going to get worse from there.

if getting cheered over a face john cena is all it takes to "win" than I know many a superstars that would have defeated his ass.. If bray had magically turned the wwe against cena than we would be on to an interesting storyline and something that would of made sense.. Sadly Cena has been getting shit on for years this is nothing new, hell at the rumble him and orton both almost got shit right out of the building before he even started his feud with bray..

In order for bray wyatt to come out of this feud a winner people have to care about bray wyatt the character not bray wyatt john cena's opponent.. All I have seen so far is a horribly booked storyline filled with inconsistent emotions..

I have yet to see bray impose any kind of physical or supposed mental threat on John cena all he's done has prove his inferiority (kafabe wise)..

I don't know why people think someone is getting over when they feud with john cena.. It's all just a temporary matter.. John cena is so polarizing he is always going to get the fans to care about his opponents one way or the other..

It's what happens after this feud that will be important for bray wyatt.. will he maintain relavency on his own and get a huge following, or will he fade into obscurity once john cena decides to go back to feuding with someone of "more importance"..

Don't take my word for it ask the miz.. What happened to him after his cena feud ended?? How did Damien Sandows money in the bank match with john cena do for him.. Sure made his career.... Or what about mr. bad news barret who is now having to rebuild his character all the way back from the ground up..

Cena is going to be unblemished by the Wyatts. He is John Cena.

To me, the question really is where will the Wyatts go from here?

6-Mans with The Shield? Done it, but could go back to that if both groups stay intact. Daniel Bryan? Done that too and Bryan has enough Authority to go around for a while.

I could see Wyatt try to "take over" and brainwash some of the roster to join the Family and have the resulting matches out of that, but really I think how this goes with Cena will determine how big Wyatt will get.

Thread Information