Thread: DISH TV/DIRECT TV DROPPING PPV'S

Default DISH TV/DIRECT TV DROPPING PPV'S

Hi all just read this on the site,

I think it is sad to see this happen, not everyone wants to subscribe to the WWE Network; Me for one. The WWE is already talking about raising the fee by around $3.00, it will happen and it will eventually go higher.

Also not everyone lives in or maybe in a location where high speed internet is offered/available, or not high enough to stream the video content for a three hour show. People do not gather around a computer to watch TV.

Also there is no way to record the programs on the internet. Satellite TV subscribers should be able to still be offered the PPV's, also the WWE should lower the cost of a PPV, those of us at home are not sitting in an arena where we have to pay a portion of the rental fee's with a ticket.

I hope cable companies do not get this bright idea, not everything is best on the web; especially when streaming issues become prevalent.

When the conversation began about the WWE Network; I was hoping it would be a channel offered on cable/satellite tv services. Personally the WWE could offer both internet and tv channels.

What are your thoughts.

Default Re: DISH TV/DIRECT TV DROPPING PPV'S

But everything is better on the internet. They had no streaming issues during Wrestlemania. It is safe to say anyone with a quality broadband connection will get the same service as they would from a cable company. It's just way cheaper and easier using WWE Network. If you don't want to watch PPVs on your computer just stream it to your TV. There's plenty of devices that allow WWE Network playback on your TV. I don't know why you say that there's no way to record shows from the internet, because it's ridiculously easy to do. A computer or DVR will record video straight from your TV.

I feel for you if the internet sucks in your area, because that's the only way cable and satellite can compete.

I feel for the people that are taking a hit because there internet sucks, but the majority wins out in this, and so goes PPV as we knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHIN 69 View Post
    Also there is no way to record the programs on the internet.
    Anything that airs on the Network is automatically archived immediately and can be accessed like an On-Demand service. So technically everything is recorded.

surrender

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

No, people don't gather around a computer to watch TV.

That's why there are PS3s, PS4s, Xbox 360s and Ones, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, and my chosen method for watching WrestleMania, HDMI cables.

We live in a new age. Sucks that you don't get high speed Internet, but this is the world now. It's only going to go further in this direction.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    That's why there are PS3s, PS4s, Xbox 360s and Ones, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, and my chosen method for watching WrestleMania, HDMI cables.
    Yep, once the WWE Netwrok comes to Canada that's what I'll be doing as well... I already do it to watch shows from Netflix on my TV.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Queen B

I love my WWE network, to me getting to watch the old PPV and Old Raw/Smackdown is pretty cool. Also everyone is right, you can use almost anything to watch the network on including cellphones.

Now First of all I want to let it be know that I'am a Dish TV/Dishnet Person I can see it from both size

I would love to have The Network

What like 11.00 with Taxs Instead of 64..99 + Taxs to see WM

Could Have seen the hole Hall Of Frame instead of USA 1 hour ( I have even brought The WM DVD just to see Hall Of Frame )

Would Love to see alot of the Stuff from the Past

Then on the other Side like some People have said there are Some Internets that can't Watch Internet Services ( Dishnet being one )

I don't how many are left but I do know some People who don't know or want to know how to use a Computer or the Internet but still want there Wrestling Fix

And there Still hope because two weeks before WM Dish wasn't carry it then when they saw how much money they were going to lose they pick it up

Pay per view is such an outdated idea in today's marketplace. Paying 60.00 to 70.00 dollars to watch a 3-4 hour long event just doesn't make any sense. Especially when its takes little to no effort to find a stream online. For the price it would cost to buy WM30 via PPV, The network gives you six months of PPV's plus six months of access to the WWE, WCW, and ECW library.

9.99 a month is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by LTS View Post
    Now First of all I want to let it be know that I'am a Dish TV/Dishnet Person I can see it from both size

Could Have seen the hole Hall Of Frame instead of USA 1 hour ( I have even brought The WM DVD just to see Hall Of Frame )

Then on the other Side like some People have said there are Some Internets that can't Watch Internet Services ( Dishnet being one )

I don't how many are left but I do know some People who don't know or want to know how to use a Computer or the Internet but still want there Wrestling Fix

And there Still hope because two weeks before WM Dish wasn't carry it then when they saw how much money they were going to lose they pick it up
    WTH?

Queen B

Most of what you said is true, except Dish reached an agreement with Vince McMahon in said agreement they agreed to do ppv on a monthly bases. Meaning that if they don't want to they don't have to offer said PPV. I also believe he has the same agreement with Direct TV.

Are these people senior citizens? I mean really if your below 50 and don't know how to use a computer, I weep for you.

Doesn't bother me. I wasn't a big PPV guy anyways and I'm not a WWE Network guy either(yet). I mean really the only events I will order is mania and the rumble, and sometimes Summerslam. Everything else I pass on.

If only the UFC would offer ppv on their network. I would be all over that.

I hate to think cable or satellite companies would drop PPV coverage. Why lose the potential customers that buy events that way? So what if WWE Network is accessible on any device, PPV is another way to reach customers/fans that otherwise may not be able to access the events. I know the monthly PPVs had/have to be bringing in nice sums of money to the WWE and the cable/satellite companies.

In another piece of fallout to the WWE Network, DirecTV is set to drop offering WWE PPV events. According to a report at PWTorch (via PW.net), the satellite company has decided to stand with Dish Network and will not offer such shows going forward.

The moves from the two satellite companies come after WWE put their PPVs on the WWE Network for all subscribers; Dish claimed it was unfair to their customers for WWE to offer the events as part of a $10 subscription and then charge full price to watch outside the network. Dish didn't offer Elimination Chamber and nearly didn't offer WrestleMania but gave in for that show. DirecTV offered both but will not offer the rest.

Of course this will mean less buys for WWE's shows but likely more subscriptions to the network, as DirecTV and Dish customers sign up so they have access to the events. This could easily backfire for the providers.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/319635

When my 6 months is up, if they raise the fee I'll just cancel it and watch UFC Fight Pass full time.

I am mine. Spin The Black Circle's Avatar

Eh. I downloaded XXX the next morning after in about 5 minutes. Network or not, I don't pay to play. That's the Red Viper way.

Queen B

I think they will probably keep the price as it is right now for awhile. Dish/Direct TV no longer airing the PPV could be really great for the WWE Network.

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Are these people senior citizens? I mean really if your below 50 and don't know how to use a computer, I weep for you.
    Hi! Australia calling. Yes, I am a senior citizen (65), and the WWE network is not (legally) available here, although I am certain that I know people who could find a work around. So, I get the PPVs I want on Foxtel. At AUD 35 a pop. And as I understand it Foxtel has an on-going contract with WWE to provide the same service at least until Wrestlemania 2014. I only buy three per year (Summerslam, sometimes, Royal Rumble, always and Wrestlemania, always)

We are not all Dinosaurs, but unless WWE provides the service on line, and without breaking the law, how do I ever see the product except on pay TV? There is a world outside the USA you know.

Norm

A problem I do see with the Network for some are those in some places who don't have unlimited data with their internet. Even if you get the Network for $10 some people who aren't in unlimited data will still have to pay for streaming shows.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

That's my problem: if I wanted to watch the Network, I'd basically have to do it away from home or only watch a handful of programs a month. Either way, it's not worth the cost for me to get right now. And that is something that kinda sucks. But I live on a country road that the cable companies have refused to run cable on, so I'm stuck until I move.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Queen B

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    That's my problem: if I wanted to watch the Network, I'd basically have to do it away from home or only watch a handful of programs a month. Either way, it's not worth the cost for me to get right now. And that is something that kinda sucks. But I live on a country road that the cable companies have refused to run cable on, so I'm stuck until I move.
    I have to say that sucks.

Thread Information