Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: The Daily Shooting Thread, for your Gun Murder News, Updated Daily.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Daily Shooting Thread, for your Gun Murder News, Updated Daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    What's there not to know? They told him to drop his gun ELEVEN times.
    Because the video isn't clear enough to say the gun was or wasn't in his hand, didn't think that was that hard to understand.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never called anyone stupid.

And what's wrong with my reaction? LT showed me a couple videos I'd seen before. One of them doesn't support his argument at all so I pointed that out.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    LT pulls out one rare case from Texas and a video I've seen referenced 100 times when people make this argument that white people are targeted just as much. And every time they look stupid.

Black guy doesn't comply and gets shot: "he should have complied and he'd be alive."

White guy doesn't comply and gets shot: "SEE IT HAPPENS TO WHITE PEOPLE TOO."
    I want to know where all these videos of white guys being gunned down despite complying with police are being hidden.
    I'm the not the one that implied that this dosen't happen to white people as well. But if you believe the BLM folks and the national media the police are just systematically shooting black people

And here' 2 other examples,

And needless to say, NO national news coverage. I wonder why that is?

Also on the issue of compliance. While non-compliance itself is NOT a reason for an officer to use deadly force, your odds of surviving a police encounter go up exponentially if you do. Do what the officers says and if the cop is wrong work it out in court later. That is what I have taught my children and recommend everyone else teach their children as well.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen both those videos on the news and I live in Canada. I guess you missed them.

And again, since you quoted my post and still didn't read it:

I want to know where all these videos of white guys being gunned down despite complying with police are being hidden.
    I'll ignore the guy in El Paso because he was in cuffs and that shit is inexcusable, but none of the people in these videos you've shown me complied with police. Anyone can go back through this thread and read your posts saying that these guys got shot because they didn't comply or maybe had a weapon or whatever, and it's their fault, not the officer(s) that shot them.

You're also ignoring @mikec for some reason and just being plain ignorant so I'm good with accepting that and giving up on this conversation.

The Canadian Death Tour

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I've seen both those videos on the news and I live in Canada. I guess you missed them.

And again, since you quoted my post and still didn't read it:

I'll ignore the guy in El Paso because he was in cuffs and that shit is inexcusable, but none of the people in these videos you've shown me complied with police. Anyone can go back through this thread and read your posts saying that these guys got shot because they didn't comply or maybe had a weapon or whatever, and it's their fault, not the officer(s) that shot them.

You're also ignoring @mikec for some reason and just being plain ignorant so I'm good with accepting that and giving up on this conversation.
    I didn't ignore shit, I answered every point he brought up. You might not like or agree with my answer but I answered every single point he brought up.

You won't find videos of COMPLIANT people getting shot because THEY DON'T FUCKING EXIST. Black white, chinese or whatever. Every one who was shot was not being compliant in some fashion.

As I've said REPEATEDLY non-compliance in itself is no reason to use deadly force. But your odds of living go up exponentially if you do. that is an undeniable fact.

And speaking of points being ignored I still have YET to see ONE example of BLM and their protesters admitting the police were right. Despite the fact that quite a few of the cases they are STILL carrying a torch for have been proven to be pure bullshit.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    You are the one arguing the police are purposely targeting black people. And have presented absolutely ZERO evidence to that effect. What I'm arguing is that relevant to their population numbers the black community is more likely to have run-ins with LEO's. As a result it stand to logic they also relevant to their population more likely to be shot by the police.

At some point common sense and logic have to kick in. We both know that crimes is almost entirely a same race phenomenon ie black people are far more likely to commit crimes against blacks, whites against whites....etc...etc.. So who do you think are overwhelmingly the VICTIMS of said crimes. That's right, THE SAME black community. Cops for the most part don't just randomly go to neighborhoods and arrest people....if a cop shows up, somebody called them. And if a cops shows in the black community, dollars to donuts it was a member of the same community that made the call.

About the only exception would be traffic stops as cops do those completely on their own. Maybe we can get stats on how many traffic stops turn fatal by race?
    I've been sitting on this interview for over a year now. During the Ferguson thread, Kid kept bringing up Baltimore so I did some research and found this interview Cenk did with former Baltimore cop Michael Wood. It is about 45 minutes or so. Wood achieved a bit of media attention for his criticism of the department.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with a lot of the points in the video, but lets be real here, Cenk didn't ask a SINGLE tough question or for that matter ANY question that might contradict his own world view.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with a lot of the points in the video, but lets be real here, Cenk didn't ask a SINGLE tough question or for that matter ANY question that might contradict his own world view.
    When you have a white police officer confirming everything that minorities have been saying for decades about how police treat them, does there need to be harder questions? I'm curious what you would have liked to see him ask. Granted, I would have liked to have seen Wood give more ideas about reform and Cenk ask more about it but the interview is a pretty negative indictment of the Baltimore department.

The thing is, while I was doing the research I found several dozen similar interviews with retired officers from across the entire nation and many different media outlets as well, including Vice, Al Jazeera, the BBC and others. Every one of them confirmed what Wood states in the interview. If Wood was the outlier, it might be different but he's not.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have like to see more about police shootings, mainly because that what this thread had gravitated toward. If everything he were saying is true, black people would be getting shot at A MUCH higher rate than white people. And considering that the black communities (for whatever reason) deal with the police a lot more often, they really aren't

Given that Wood said cops don't go to white neighborhoods, an awful lot of white people have been shot by police in the last decade

One part If found REALLY interesting is when Wood said that the US Marine Corps has stricter rules of engagement than most law enforcement does..

Now here is the other side of the coin though. If everything Cenk and Wood are saying is true, then the solution is simple. Stop policing the hood altogether. Crime rates should suddenly drop. Somehow though I don't think that's how it's going to play out.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 09-28-2016 at 06:11 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have like to see more about police shootings, mainly because that what this thread had gravitated toward. If everything he were saying is true, black people would be getting shot at A MUCH higher rate than white people. And considering that the black communities (for whatever reason) deal with the police a lot more often, they really aren't

Given that Wood said cops don't go to white neighborhoods, an awful lot of white people have been shot by police in the last decade

One part If found REALLY interesting is when Wood said that the US Marine Corps has stricter rules of engagement than most law enforcement does..

Now here is the other side of the coin though. If everything Cenk and Wood are saying is true, then the solution is simple. Stop policing the hood altogether. Crime rates should suddenly drop. Somehow though I don't think that's how it's going to play out.
    I don't think stop policing is the answer. But i do think that the war on drugs and occupational force police tactics should end. Violence against people only makes it more likely that people will be violent in response. I also think that privatizing prisons and states signing guaranteed occupancy contracts with those companies like Arizona has done is wrong. Arizona has guaranteed occupancy of 100% of its state prisons. That is a terrible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post
    I don't think stop policing is the answer. But i do think that the war on drugs and occupational force police tactics should end. Violence against people only makes it more likely that people will be violent in response. I also think that privatizing prisons and states signing guaranteed occupancy contracts with those companies like Arizona has done is wrong. Arizona has guaranteed occupancy of 100% of its state prisons. That is a terrible.
    I agree with all this, especially the war on drugs and for profit prison system. If I had my druthers the DEA would be disbanded, I think they have done this country far more harm than good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is like Chris Rock once said. "There are black people and then there are niggers. Niggers gotta go."

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: More fun with weapons

Quote Originally Posted by CauldronNugget View Post
    You ever remember that old theory, that 20 dollar bills have nano-chips lined in them, so the US Government knows where you are whenever, you pass through an airport? Personally, I find it to be quite believable. These days, it could be in our credit cards.
    I have never heard that theory, and as $20 bills change hands repeatedly it would seem like a poor choice to use for tracking.

If anything it would be in our cell phones, which the vast VAST majority of us have and possess GPS chips / towers can triangulate our locations by pinging them -- which is a thing we already know they can do.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like one happened at OSU. At least they gave us Thanksgiving off I guess.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Looks like one happened at OSU. At least they gave us Thanksgiving off I guess.
    I was reading about this just now. I believe the number is 9 that have been transported to the hospital and only one critical. Although; I don't think a weapon or weapons have been disclosed yet.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 11-28-2016 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butcher knife was used. He rammed a car into people then went buck wild with a knife.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got all my out of state buddies asking me to 'check in' as safe because of the OSU incident. I live nowhere near campus and slept all day until 12:30, when my daughter had an appt.

Sad situation. And now it's all that will be talked about for days...
    FUCK

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be far longer than that. First college with researchers who do articles on the video games and violence link to be hit by an attack like this. They will rally the media for a year at least. Given the links to IS, I assume this story will not even need the video game terror link to give it legs.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And right around Christmas.... this really sucks.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gunman in the Florida airport shooting claims US intelligence is controlling his mind, and he was forced to watch ISIS videos.

and apparently some guy killed a cop in a traffic stop in Orlando, FL. He's on the run currently. People are idiots.

Thank you Surrender!!!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a shooting last night at a mosque near Quebec City: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...hots-1.3957686

6 dead, 19 wounded, 5 of the wounded in critical condition. Worst mass shooting in Canada in something like 30 years.

Twitter and Facebook are complete shit storms this morning. If anyone wants to see how fucking racist Canadians are, now's your chance. In a lot of ways we're worse than the United States yet nobody believes us.

This has been brewing for some time in Canada, ever since Harper and his cronies started targeting Muslims in their campaigns for re-election in 2015 (not that it wasn't an issue before then but hey). This mosque has been targeted before for hate crimes, as well as others in the country.

However the timing is suspect given the last 48 hours down south. Canadians are screaming for people to not pass the blame onto Trump and the Muslim ban, and I agree with those people, but I also won't judge anyone that does look to what has happened in the US and feel like maybe that had something to do with this. It's almost impossible to not come to that conclusion. Hate breeds hate.

Whatever their motive, all we know is that the shooters may have been university students. We don't know motive, race, religion, anything. Yet ask just about anyone on social media and they fucking know more than the RCMP. It's gross.

The Canadian Death Tour

The Voices, they scream Mr. Canoe's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is currently an active shooter in Cleveland, Ohio near Cleveland State University. He Facebook lived the random murder of a 74 year old man Robert Godwin. He claims he has killed up to 15 people but so far only the one killing has been confirmed. There is many unedited videos out there of the murder but I will not link those here. The basic of the video is the killer while filming gets out of his car saying he's about to murder someone, walks up to the victim and has him say his ex-girlfriends name and says she the reason why this is about to happen and then proceeds to shoot the victim in the head.

Note: the below link does have an edited version of the video so just be aware

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...book-Live.html

Thread Information