Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Austin talking out his ass?

Default Is Austin talking out his ass?

Austin also commented on a possible match between the two:

"I could get more out of that guy than anybody else walking Planet Earth. He could have that ultimate ‘Come to Jesus’ meeting with me. Punk’s been around for a long time and he’s a smart guy, but he never stepped into a damn squared circle with the intensity of a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin."

Anyone agree with Austin or do you disagree?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Answer me these "?'s" 3 Leper Messiah's Avatar

Default Re: Is Austin talking out his ass?

Sounds more like building hype than him being honest.

In Austin's prime, he could have one hell of a match with Punk. Now-a-days, it'd be fun, but probably not one of the all time classics.

I think it would be a great match however I find Austin frustrating to listen to these days;

-I'm done and am gonna find other ways to entertain you
    -I can have one more match
    -I'm done
    -I think I could do something special with CM Punk
    -If the money is right, I'll be back
    -if the story is right, I''ll be back
    -I would have to work very hard and get back into shape and am not sure if it is worth it at this point in my life
    -I could get more out of that guy (CM Punk) then anyone

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

I don't know what his obsession with cm punk is but it's creepy and needs to stop..

I very much doubt he's in good enough condition to have the kind of intensity he's talking about. I'm guessing the comment is tongue-in-cheek to an extent, but unless he finds a time machine and takes Punk back to 1997, he is indeed being a silly goose.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Banned

He's protecting his character and image, and giving CM Punk tons of praise. He's a human being.

Darkmania is correct about Austin going back-and-forth seemingly, but that's a showman for ya.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: If Austin legitimately comes back for a program leading into a match, then I have full faith that Austin would put on a match for the ages. He wouldn't come back to be less-than.

Could he get more out of Punk than any one on this planet? If it's 99 I would say that I fully agree with Austin. As of now I would say no. I will say one thing, even thou Stone Cold has been jerking us around for some time now if he were to make a return I don't think it would be A plus classic like when he was younger but he wouldn't return if he knew he would not attempt to pull off something very close to a top notch match up. Money right, good story line, main event slot at Mania, & Punk back I will guarantee Austin will give it his all bringing back ( well close to it of course) the toughest sob that stomps mud holes on the opposition. Story line to build up would be superb with great mic work and I'm sure the ring work would bring it full circle.

The promo's would be good...but the match itself now, rather than Austin in his prime...I dunno, I'd hope for a great match between the two but I wouldn't hold my breath just in case all the the hype builds it up and the match doesn't deliver

It's not so much that Austin can't stop talking about it as it is that people won't stop asking him about it. He's just answering the question when asked, and then it's taken out of context as a statement he made freely. And he's been pretty consistent with his answers anyway. He'd come back for a match if it made sense, but he has concerns about his health, concerns about what he could and couldn't do in today's era, and he wonders about the point of it all if it's just a one and done type thing. I'm sure he's as frustrated at having to repeatedly answer the same questions as people are of hearing him do so.

As for the match between him and Punk, he'd be right if he was in his prime, but not now. The match between Punk and Rock was pretty average even as a "dream match," and I can't imagine Austin faring any better in the ring at this point than The Rock did. I'd still like to see it, though, just for the build up.

Austin vs Cena seems more likely at this point, but I have zero interest in seeing that.

He's been talking out of his ass for three years now. Austin can fuck off!
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    The promo's would be good...but the match itself now, rather than Austin in his prime...I dunno, I'd hope for a great match between the two but I wouldn't hold my breath just in case all the the hype builds it up and the match doesn't deliver
    I believe Punk could carry Austin thru a good match and pick up some his slack but i know Dame well like i stated earlier Austin would not return if he felt he couldn't give it his all. These two if given opportunity to face one another would attempt to give us all they have. I feel Austin puts pride in his work and if couldn't give us the toughest SOB he would not even lace them boots up.

Austin has always been great at answering part of interview in character and other parts out of. When asked direct wrestling type questions, he almost always answers as Stone Cold. When it's just a regular interview question, he answers as Steve Austin(Williams). Now, obviously I can't say for sure if it's intentional to keep hype gou ng or just him being funny, but I've always looked at it as a pretty brilliant job keeping his name in the media.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Yeah, he's pretty much just keeping a foot in the door. It's one thing to think it's over for yourself, but it's another to know it to be so.

He's not full of shit at all. Nobody, or damn near nobody understands wrestling more than Austin does. He wouldn't put on a 5 star classic at this point but he could work around his limitations, using his grasp of psychology, crowd manipulation, charisma, etc, and so could Punk. They could have an unbelievable, Rock/Hogan style of match that has the people going crazy despite being a poor technical showcase. He's pretty much the standard bearer for drawing money for a reason. Punk would be elevated to an entirely new level after that match whether he won or lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    Anyone agree with Austin or do you disagree?
    "I could get more out of that guy than anybody else walking Planet Earth. He could have that ultimate ‘Come to Jesus’ meeting with me. Punk’s been around for a long time and he’s a smart guy, but he never stepped into a damn squared circle with the intensity of a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin."

Agreed. Everyone knows that Punk isn't even in the same tax bracket as Stone Cold Steve Austin. Punk wore a Steve Austin shirt. He wore a STEVE AUSTIN SHIRT.

And yet you have people who claim it's Steve, he's the one who wants the match. How in the fuck? What? Austin/Cena or Austin/Hogan are more believable matches. Why the hell would Punk be anywhere near an Austin match? Because he wore his shirt? wtf!

You're getting worked up...over a shirt...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noface View Post
    And yet you have people who claim it's Steve, he's the one who wants the match. How in the fuck? What? Austin/Cena or Austin/Hogan are more believable matches. Why the hell would Punk be anywhere near an Austin match? Because he wore his shirt? wtf!
    In countless interviews, Austin said that if he ever came back for a match, he'd want to feud with Punk.

When did he say this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When did he say this?
    Way too many times, its easy to run a google search for it, too. He talked about it with Larry King too

It was recently. Why is he talking about Punk so much!? This week all Austin's been saying is Punk this & that.. Could it be!?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    It was recently. Why is he talking about Punk so much!? This week all Austin's been saying is Punk this & that.. Could it be!?
    He's a famous wrestler that seems to be very popular with fans. It's natural for his fans to ask him if he were to return, who would he pick to be his first opponent. He's been asked this question a thousand times throughout the past 3 or 4 years; especially after Punk executed the best promo of the PG era, back in 2011

It's way more than that. He's been going out of his way to talk about CM Punk all fucking week. Predicting out of the blue that he will return at Mania and then announcing that Austin himself will be at Mania. And then this. Putting out that he's not against a return constantly, now this. Seems to me like he's creating buzz for Mania, challenging Punk & hinting that the encounter might happen on Sunday.

I can't help but get my hopes up, damn it, don't Maestro, be calm, never gonna happen etc..

If he knew Punk would be there then there's no way Austin would predict it. That's a bit backwards. Surely if Austin knew, he would keep his mouth shut for maximum effect.

The more he talks, the less I believe it. And I already believe it very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If he knew Punk would be there then there's no way Austin would predict it. That's a bit backwards. Surely if Austin knew, he would keep his mouth shut for maximum effect.

The more he talks, the less I believe it. And I already believe it very little.
    Maybe he's trying to create buzz for the event? Have people watch it because of that possibillity. Though the prediction was before he was official for Mania. I dunno, he's either calling Punk out & luring him back or it might actually happen. Though it's probably nothing. Even though Austin has stated that if he ever came back, it would be for something big, and here we are. But still, probably just a cameo with Hogan & Cena. Or?

I need help.

Thread Information