Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batistta said He Warned WWE About a Babyface Return

Default Batistta said He Warned WWE About a Babyface Return

Batista*recently spoke with*The Washington Post to promote WrestleMania XXX. Below are some highlights:

Returning as a babyface:*"They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface. I said, 'no, itís not going to work.' They said, 'no way, theyíre dying for you to come back.' I said, 'thatís going to last two minutes, just watch.' And sure enough it did."*

Fans hijacking the show:*"They used to want to interact with the show, but now the crowd almost wants to be the show. Well, if you wanna be the show, take your a-- to wrestling school, just like I did, just like everybody else here who is busting their a-- and actually become part of the show! Donít just sit in the audience and try to randomly steal the show."*

Default Re: Batistta said He Warned WWE About a Babyface Return

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Batista*recently spoke with*The Washington Post to promote WrestleMania XXX. Below are some highlights:

Returning as a babyface:*"They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface. I said, 'no, itís not going to work.' They said, 'no way, theyíre dying for you to come back.' I said, 'thatís going to last two minutes, just watch.' And sure enough it did."*

Fans hijacking the show:*"They used to want to interact with the show, but now the crowd almost wants to be the show. Well, if you wanna be the show, take your a-- to wrestling school, just like I did, just like everybody else here who is busting their a-- and actually become part of the show! Donít just sit in the audience and try to randomly steal the show."*

hahaha the more he speaks the more i like him, wrestlemania 31 Batista vs the crowd.

Thanks To Hayze

Blah he sucks so he knows nothing about the business.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Returning as a babyface:*"They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface. I said, 'no, it’s not going to work.' They said, 'no way, they’re dying for you to come back.' I said, 'that’s going to last two minutes, just watch.' And sure enough it did."*

Fans hijacking the show:*"They used to want to interact with the show, but now the crowd almost wants to be the show. Well, if you wanna be the show, take your a-- to wrestling school, just like I did, just like everybody else here who is busting their a-- and actually become part of the show! Don’t just sit in the audience and try to randomly steal the show."*
    I would love to know who in the WWE thought that.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    I would love to know who in the WWE thought that.
    Same here. I might have been Triple H since he was the one that wanted to bring him in.

Same here. I might have been Triple H since he was the one that wanted to bring him in.
    I'm betting it was Vince, showing how out of touch he is with his fanbase.

Avatar credit: HAYZE Banner credit: Bender

To be honest I believe Batista is full of shit. I don't think he thought things were going to turn out this way for I believe he truly believed he thought his return would have made him the biggest baby face. Now your back Batista. ...should we all say Bootista.

Batista could have come in as a very over face if they had handled his comeback right.

Batista knows he's an unlikeable jerk. It's not like he tried all that hard to be a baby face when he came back, given his twitter interactions and his response to the audience after the Rumble. He knows he's a douche, and he likes playing the douche. So I wouldn't be surprised if he expected the audience to trash him the way he did.

As for the other highlight ... he's wrong. It's the audience's response to years of being "a part of the show" and being told they have power to decide ("People Power" and all that crap), and finally taking those aspects to their natural conclusion. It's WWE's job to produce a compelling product that manipulates fan reactions. If fans are reacting against what WWE is doing to that degree, something's wrong with the product being presented. This is what happens when you spend 10-15 years telling people they are part of the show and they have the power to control the show, without actually letting them control it.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

In all honesty it was not his return fans were pissed at. It was the contracted wins that pissed people off. We can no longer assume most fans do not use the internet or smarks are the minority.

What Big Dave is talking about is not fans reactions but fan pro actions. Fans have moved to wanting to be seen as more than fans and have more power over the product. True, WWE should be doing more to create stories that matter, but fans are not receptive to being told stories, they want their stories to be told instead.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

I thought him coming back face was going to work just for the fact that that's all you ever heard about was Batista being spotted out somewhere and asked by a fan "when are you coming back" turn to the other side of the coin though and every time somebody did mention it he was a total ass about it.

Ah Screw it

I have to say I completely support the crowd stealing the show. The fans paid for their tickets- if they want to shit on the program that's being offered, that's their right. I believe Batista has got the wrong perspective on that.

Yeah, no. If he was expecting the fans to boo him, he wouldn't have given them the finger at the Royal Rumble. That was a clear, out of the blue, "deal with it" reaction out of not knowing what to do. You don't prepare that reaction, you do it in the heat of the moment. That's potential bad press, and WWE doesn't want any of that. Nice try Dave, you don't get to look like the smartest guy in the room after you flopped and pretend that it was going to happen no matter what. I kinda doubt he even watched WWE before he came back.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

You know, there is a small part of me that thinks the WWE knew the crowd would turn on Batista... Why? Because people eventually turned on The Rock. And Batista is no Rock.

Besides, didn't he leave the WWE on bad terms? It would be so WWE if they intentionally sabotaged Batista's return simply out of spite.

Reminder: Hey, I said 'a small part of me'... So don't hold the crazy conspiracy theory against me... Please?

Big Dave is awesome as a bad guy. That hollywood, I deserve everything attitude is perfect.

Watching Batista's interview tonight from SD I can't help but wonder how much more they could do with as a heel. I love the way he takes jabs at Daniel Bryan and his fans. That's a big money feud if they let Dave say whatever he wants on the mic.

Will Dave EVER be a babyface again?

Watching Batista's interview tonight from SD I can't help but wonder how much more they could do with as a heel. I love the way he takes jabs at Daniel Bryan and his fans. That's a big money feud if they let Dave say whatever he wants on the mic.
    I think Batista/Bryan is absolutely the way to go after Mania. They can let those two go at it, and after the audience is convinced that Dave's not here to take Bryan's spot, I think they could successfully turn him face right around the Guardians release to really capitalize off of that.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosx23 View Post
    Yeah, no. If he was expecting the fans to boo him, he wouldn't have given them the finger at the Royal Rumble. That was a clear, out of the blue, "deal with it" reaction out of not knowing what to do. You don't prepare that reaction, you do it in the heat of the moment. That's potential bad press, and WWE doesn't want any of that. Nice try Dave, you don't get to look like the smartest guy in the room after you flopped and pretend that it was going to happen no matter what. I kinda doubt he even watched WWE before he came back.
    Pretty much this. I love the thought of Vince and HHH laying out Dave's grand return, and him telling them, it will never work. You could tell by his reactions that he wasn't getting the response HE wanted to get. You could see it from the first night he returned, when no one gave a shit about him beating up ADR. Maybe he is a good actor in a hollywood setting, but he sucks hiding his emotions in front of a live crowd. Although, maybe he did know, thus explaining the skinny jeans and showing off the belly button tat.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Big Dave's interview on Smackdown was fucking hilarious. Hollywood Batista truly needs to stay for a long time and Bryan vs Big Dave NEEDS to happen after Mania no matter who has the belt

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

To me, people need to understand that being part of the show doesn't mean you can upstage the show

Last Call

You ever notice that when the fans are getting what they want, they don't upstage the show? I know some fans are real jackasses, but maybe WWE should give them a compelling product that entertains them. You don't see them hijacking Shield/Wyatt segments. You don't see them hijacking Bryan segments. You don't see them hijacking Cesaro segments. Not Taker or Lesnar or Heyman either. They only hijack the segments chalk full of guys they refuse to care about like Face Big Dave and Blandy Boretron. Give the people what they want. You don't see Movie Producers continue to shill out bad movies and expect the people to keep coming because they should like it. You don't see sports teams playing second-generation players or the Manager's buddy because that's who they want to play. You play the best players and put them in the most compelling situation you can. Period.
    Vote godAM and WrestlingMVP for TT KOTF

You shouldn't have been a greedy little fucker and try and get your way with the Royal Rumble win and (Probable) WWE Title win at Wrestlemania. Its one thing to protect your character and standing to the fans and company...its another to waltz your power and name to get the biggest gigs like the Rumble win and to wrestle in the Main Event of WM to your liking.

This isn't the 90's anymore where you are promised a title run for signing on and bend over the talent who have been there and doing their thing before you showed up again. Like it or not, the fans have smartened up to the dirt sheets and what happens now on these shows and can smell this shit a mile away. I called Batista winning the Rumble the minute he signed back on and was apart of the Rumble. Everybody thought DB would win....nope you don't know Dave Bautista well enough.

If you didn't win the Rumble, fans would have never turned on you. Batista should have known this and he probably doesn't give a flying you know what about what a lot of fans think. He's getting his big salary for limited work and he's getting the titles and shit as an additional bonus.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

He's not wrong about the crowd. When I used to watch, the crowd used to be part of the show now they try to be the show and it's annoying. I understand wanting your voice to be heard but be smart about it. Half the reason I don't really want to go to live shows any more is because of the crowd. First it started with signs and peoples inconsideration of the others behind and around them and now chanting stupid things at what I think is inappropriate or stupid times.

I realized you've paid your money to be there and live the experience but live it, don't become it. Due to the crowd/shitty commentators I often watch on mute and tend to enjoy it more.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

As for hijacking the show....how about putting on a better product? Stop with the inconsistent booking of certain talents. People like to see more Damien Sandow on their TV....stop being spiteful little fuckers and hold him off the show to prove a point to him or the fans. Stop with the shameful advertising of shit like Arnold's new movie(Though Arnold got a nice applause). Stop whoring your product out with all of these social media stuff.

Fans have every right to say how they feel. I wish they'd give some of the lesser talents a chance with an applause and to not let Nostalgia jozzle their dicks 24/7 but that might be my only gripe with the fans(Even then, a lot of fans always give these newcomers a chance....as long as they feel fresh and are capable in the ring)...and I even love my Nostalgia moments too and all.

I'm so sick of this "teasing the carrot in front of the fans" bullshit these writers and higherups do within the WWE. How about you start to give the fans what they want at least sometimes? If people want Damien Sandow as one of the top heels of the company, let him get that shot rather than give him a half-assed MITB win and let him get crushed by Cena and to not get heard of again. People want to root for Ryder as that underdog face? Put him on TV and make him somewhat of a big deal....at the very least in the midcard to start things off.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Thread Information