Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Hogan Run?

Default Another Hogan Run?

According to wrestling pundits and alleged insiders, had CM Punk not left, he may have been a part of a possible last Hulk Hogan run. No mention of title implications, but still a basically understood farewell tour. At 60 years old, do we really need to suffer through another one of these? What is the WWE's issue with pushing nostalgia over younger talent that has yet to be pushed?

Default Re: Another Hogan Run?

Hogan is not medically cleared to compete in the ring. Punk or no Punk, Hulkster is never going to have anything other than a limited role. His 'rasslin' days are done, at least in the 'E.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...restlemania-31 This is just one of a few of the rumors and suggestions that say if Hogan can get cleared and in shape, it could happen. Can't say I'm too thrilled about it personally.

A posting by The Bleacher Report seems to be one of quite a few that suggest that if he came get into shape, he may believe he's got one more in him and the idea was WMXXXI vs guess who, John Cena... ugh

There is no way he can't get into wrestling shape. No way.

This banner by ThisIsMayhem on deviant art. Google Image Search Movement

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Bleacher Report as a source...

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I like the Bleacher Report for some things, but as a news source it's akin to getting your news from the old guys playing cards at Bob's bait, bullets, and beer shop. I made that up. I live in Jersey, we aren't allowed to buy beer and bait in the same store. Bastards.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

The most Hogan could do is the three punches, and a Big Boot. That's it, no leg drop.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

A real-life heel The Showstopper's Avatar

I just got back into the product. I don't want to have to leave again. He's done. Make him be done. I thought it was bad enough when he came back in '05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker223 View Post
    For starters, Brutus is a fabulous name. Too bad it fell out of fashion for humans after Brutus turned heel on Julius Caesar back in the day.

I don't buy it for a second. WWE already gave Hulk his nostalgia run back in 2002. They don't need to go down that road again. Hogan could do a little spot at mania with Wade Barrett. Barrett interrupts Hogan at mania then throws him a very safe beat down, Hogan of course hulks up, waves his finger, hits three punches, and the big boot then sends Wade over the top rope. Hogan then does his pose down bull shit for 30 minutes.

A real-life heel The Showstopper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    I don't buy it for a second. WWE already gave Hulk his nostalgia run back in 2002. They don't need to go down that road again. Hogan could do a little spot at mania with Wade Barrett. Barrett interrupts Hogan at mania then throws him a very safe beat down, Hogan of course hulks up, waves his finger, hits three punches, and the big boot then sends Wade over the top rope. Hogan then does his pose down bull shit for 30 minutes.
    Yeah, I don't think it will happen, but I REALLY don't want it to happen. ^That would be an interesting way to give him some time. I'd be alright with something limited like that, if he had to do something.
    Last edited by The Showstopper; 04-04-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker223 View Post
    For starters, Brutus is a fabulous name. Too bad it fell out of fashion for humans after Brutus turned heel on Julius Caesar back in the day.

Please no. It's just plain embarrassing.

If Punk did the GTS on Hulk his head would pop off
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

If I have to put up with the New Age Outlaws returning, I can put up with Hogan returning.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    If I have to put up with the New Age Outlaws returning, I can put up with Hogan returning.
    Thank you! Why no outrage from people regarding the Outlaws? They are clearly taking a WM spot but no one seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Thank you! Why no outrage from people regarding the Outlaws? They are clearly taking a WM spot but no one seems to care.
    Agreed. And not that I have a problem with the Andre Battle Royal, however is that the best they could come up with for the Rhodes brothers for example?
    Last edited by Darkmania; 04-04-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Agreed. And not that I have a problem with the Andre Battle Royal, however that is that the best they could come up with for the Rhodes brothers for example?
    Exactly. It's sad to think that Cody was so hot back in the fall with that feud with Triple H/Stephanie. They could have got a PPV title match between Orton and Cody (Survivor Series). But I'm really pissed that they misused him the way they did. How could they not even be in the tag title match?

They're not taking a WM spot from anybody. Every jobber under the sun not named JTG or Curt Hawkins is in the Battle Royal. More people are working this WM than any of the ones from recent years. And plenty of people complain about the Outlaws. They're old, but they can still work at a reasonable level. As long as that doesn't change, people will be able to gut their run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    They're not taking a WM spot from anybody. Every jobber under the sun not named JTG or Curt Hawkins is in the Battle Royal. More people are working this WM than any of the ones from recent years. And plenty of people complain about the Outlaws. They're old, but they can still work at a reasonable level. As long as that doesn't change, people will be able to gut their run out.
    Maybe they're not taking a spot away but it could be argued that they are preventing The Shield from being in a higher profile match. The reports said the Outlaws requested to work with The Shield. I'm sorry but this match is a big letdown for anyone that's a fan of The Shield. They went from wrestling Show/Sheamus/Orton to this?

Because they're capable of putting on a match. I mean, yeah, they're old, but I don't have any problem with them being there. They're still decent enough workers capable of putting on a decent 8-10 minute match without having to be totally carried.

Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, can barely walk to the ring.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Because they're capable of putting on a match. I mean, yeah, they're old, but I don't have any problem with them being there. They're still decent enough workers capable of putting on a decent 8-10 minute match without having to be totally carried.

Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, can barely walk to the ring.
    I've been very unimpressed with them since they've been back. Their tag team cage match was one of the worst tag cages I've seen in quite some time.

That's because WWE had no business putting them in a cage at this point, if they stick to their strongpoints the Outlaws aren't that bad. I think people just want to gripe.

Seriously, people want to gripe about the Outlaws being at Mania but no one was bothered by the Matadores getting in the Tag Title match?

I haven't been impressed with the outlaws either but in terms of their wrestling ability compared to Hogans, it's a damn no brainer. They can actually still wrestle.

Seriously, why can't people just let Hogan go, maybe we should give the people who want to see Hogan wrestle what they want just so more childhood memories of him can be destroyed following an atrocious in-ring performance from a 60 year old who has had his fair share of surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

I've been very unimpressed with them since they've been back. Their tag team cage match was one of the worst tag cages I've seen in quite some time.
    I can't say I've been "impressed" with them, and I wasn't a fan of their cage match either, but they do at least serve some purpose in the larger scale storyline of "Triple H pushing all of his friends" and I don't have any problem with them being fodder for the Shield.

Basically, they're filling a role that I'm not sure many other people can fill. You can argue that they could throw a young team in there, but the purpose of that match is probably going to be the Shield going over big and establishing themselves as clear cut babyface heroes. The Outlaws are defined heels in a company that's suddenly devoid of heel tag teams worth a shit.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I think if Hogan was gonna wrestle another match it would have been on Sunday
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5440/smurfj.png

Thread Information