Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ruling for WWE Hall of Fame Inductions

Default New Ruling for WWE Hall of Fame Inductions

A new report from PWInsider.com has provided some new details on why Scott Hall is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as “Razor Ramon” instead of his actual name. The report claims there are two main reasons the company is promoting Hall as “Razor Ramon” for the 2014 Hall of Fame.

One, Vince McMahon is very proud of the character, as it was one of the first heel characters to get over so well the fans started cheering for the “bad guy.” The company even referenced this in the promotional video shown for “Razor Ramon” during the March 24 edition of “Monday Night Raw.” The opening narration in the video claims that, “Before the Rattlesnake. Before D-X. Before the Rock. One man proved that it could be good, to be bad,” in reference to Hall’s “Bad Guy” character of Razor Ramon.

The second reason given to PWInsider.com by their source is that the company is trying to save future names to induct into the WWE Hall of Fame. They feel like big, notable names will continue to be what sells tickets to the induction ceremony, which is a highlight of the “WrestleMania Weekend” experience for ticket-buying “extreme” fans. In order for WWE to continue to have marquee names for future classes of the Hall of Fame, they’re likely going to be inducting more gimmicks first, if a superstar had multiple gimmicks that made an impact on the business.

Razor Ramon will be inducted first, and it is expected that Hall will be inducted soon under his real name as part of either the Kliq, the Outsiders, or the nWo. WWE broke new ground inducting Ric Flair into the Hall of Fame twice, once as himself, then again with the Four Horsemen.

With Paul Bearer being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, we could easily see Percival Pringle III inducted in the future, as they’ve made no reference to Bill Moody every using the Percy Pringle gimmick on WWE TV. It seems that they’ve realized they may have to take short cuts such as inducting gimmicks to have enough names that will draw going forward into the future.

Hall will be inducted into the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame on April 5 in New Orleans, along side of Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Paul Bearer, Lita, Ultimate Warrior, Carlos Colón, and Mr. T. Inducting Hall is likely to be the “Wolfpac,” Kevin Nash and “X-Pac” Sean Waltman. Waltman has said in previous interviews that he will be in New Orleans on April 5 to induct his good friend Hall into the WWE Hall of Fame.
    http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/detai...r-ramon/19625/

As I thought it was kind of obvious.

So I guess Mick Foley will be the first ever thrice HOF inductee
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: New Ruling for WWE Hall of Fame Inductions

I'm not sure I like this, it cheapens the hall of fame if you ask me. If their running out of names cut down on the amount of people you induct each year. Look how many huge name their inducting this year. I think their should be a maximum of 5 name per year.

Thanks To Hayze

I think certain celebrities in there have already cheapened the Hall of Fame so it really makes no difference I guess...

gycax

Surprised, then, they didn't do this with Foley...

I mean, I could legitimately see a case that all three of his characters -- Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love deserve Hall spots. Hell, his two different incarnations of Mankind deserve Hall spots...

I don't believe the end of that report mainly because Foley went in as himself. I could believe that Vince does love the Razor gimmick and wanted to indict it.

god the whole thing would be cheapened sooo terribly if they take it that far with 3 foley inductions.

though one as their wwe persona like razor then as Hall under the group of the nWo id be ok with. but no more than that. you get one individual induction then another if its under a banner of a legendary group/team. and that group/team better be f'n special to warrant a 2nd HoF ring.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    god the whole thing would be cheapened sooo terribly if they take it that far with 3 foley inductions.

though one as their wwe persona like razor then as Hall under the group of the nWo id be ok with. but no more than that. you get one individual induction then another if its under a banner of a legendary group/team. and that group/team better be f'n special to warrant a 2nd HoF ring.
    Agreed, I'm Ok with wrestlers going in twice if it's as an individual induction and then as a tag team/stable take for instance the group you mentioned (nWo), it makes sense for Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) and Kevin Nash (Diesel) by themselves and as the nWo or Bret Hart going in individually and then as a member as The Hart Foundation (if they ever go in).

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Guys who could possibly be inducted twice:

Bret Hart(Hart Foundation)
    Hogan(NwO)
    Hall(NwO)
    Nash(NWO)
    Michaels(DX)
    HHH(DX)

I dont think they would go any further with Foley.

Rock'N Sock Connection.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

That was a short TV stint between two already established main eventers. As great as it was, I hope they won't go as far as to induct that.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I just want to say that the Kliq being inducted into the Hall of Fame would be absolutely horrible. For starters, they were never an on-screen group. Two, their antics behind the scenes should not be celebrated or honored in any way.

That is the most absurd thing I've heard. Afraid they'll run out of names? C'mon.

I don't really like the idea.
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5440/smurfj.png

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    Rock'N Sock Connection.
    Induct him again as "Mrs. Foleys baby boy"....goddamn JR used to sell that like a champ. I say (not seriously) that they make a gag out of it, like Foleys weekly "city namedrop pop" where he gets inducted every year as something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Coo Like Dat View Post
    Guys who could possibly be inducted twice:

Bret Hart(Hart Foundation)
    Hogan(NwO)
    Hall(NwO)
    Nash(NWO)
    Michaels(DX)
    HHH(DX)

I dont think they would go any further with Foley.
    As sad as it is to say this, HHH and Flair could be three timers. After all, they were in Evolution together and it ran for quite a bit of time.

I could see Mankind and Cactus Jack being inducted, but not Dude Love. I don't mind different gimmicks being inducted if each of them is individually worthy.

Banned

I don't understand any of this stuff. I feel like I have to go out and spend 10,000 to earn at least a Masters degree in order to understand this. I will need to take a biology course, political science course and a philosophy course in order to understand everything that is happening in this guy's news.

Why does it have to be so difficult? Scott Hall is showing up for an award that he earned playing a character called Razor Ramon. Why the complications? I do not understand the complications. It's like saying "wait a moment.. it turns out that Tom Hanks isn't in the Hall of fame, instead we are inducting Forrest Gump, but maybe next year we will induct the real person, but for now we are only inducting the fictional character which means that the dude who played Razor Ramon in 1996-1997 should also attend and explain his moments playing the character as well." No. This is just ridiculous. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. The internet is broad, deep and harsh.. and this is by far the funniest thing I've ever read.

The Funniest part is the logic the headliner tries to apply to it.. "Vince feels that the Razor Ramon character was so huge and he was such a force that it would be illogical to... you know, he was just so big!" It's bullshit. All of the sudden we have these technicalities chiming in explaining how Razor Ramon and Scott Hall are separate. Scott Hall Was Razor Ramon from 92 onward.
    If they have the guy who played Razor Ramon between 96-97 show up and make a speech then I'll be suprised. Other then that, it's just being technical for the sake of being technical. There's no damn reason for it.

^ I agree. It's just an excuse to pad out future Hall of Fame inductions by inducting the same person one time for every character they played and every stable they were in. Soon matches will be inducted. What's next? PPVs? Television moments? It's getting a bit silly, but I guess the WWE HoF has always been a bit silly.

Banned

Do you induct the WWF logo or the guy who created the WWF logo? Do you induct Andre the Giant or do you remove Andre and induct the Giant one strap attire worn by most giants? Do we induct grey gloved undertaker first? Did they induct Koko Wearing the pink trunks orthe Blue Trunks? Should we induct him in the the yellow trunks next? Man, Hunter, is going to be inducted about 5 times. We've got blueblood, DX, celebral, The Game, and short hair. They all sucked ass, but, regardless, he's in. at least 3 times.

I can't wait for the Razor from 96-97 to make his speech though. If they are just inducting Razor Ramon then I can't wait until they call this guy up. Just so many stories from the time he answered the phone and agreed to be Razor Ramon to the time he got eliminated from the Rumble. It's gonna be good stuff. Scott Hall? Who's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    ^ I agree. It's just an excuse to pad out future Hall of Fame inductions by inducting the same person one time for every character they played and every stable they were in. Soon matches will be inducted. What's next? PPVs? Television moments? It's getting a bit silly, but I guess the WWE HoF has always been a bit silly.
    Sadly, a rumor that was out there was that Hogan and Mr. T vs. Piper and Orndorff from WM I was gonna be inducted this year. Yes, it was a rumor, but one that had merit since it helped make WWE what it is today.

Banned

I don't have a problem with that. Does anyone have a problem with that? Unduct matches for sure. It's a fine idea. It's not hurting anyone.
    The main shock to my vein is inducting Razor Ramon instead of Scott Hall. Razor Ramon is Scott Hall. Inducting Razor but telling Scott Hall he still isn't inducted is like.. I don't even know where to carry this. It's just bizarre. I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone Episode called "Really real?" There is a guy who played a character called Razor Ramon but yet, the induction won't be about him. It will be about a fictional character that doesn't even exist. This stuff is creepy beyond belief, but not beyond..... the twilight zone.

I admit I'm not a fan of the idea, Spenc, but I understand the reasoning. When Scott went to WCW after WWF and the Razor run, he was still using the Razor character at that time to garner reactions. Hell, his WCW run could be considered a continuation of Razor with a different name.

This is fucking retarded. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Credit goes to Mr. J for this awesome banner!

http://happykatana.wordpress.com/201...eckoning-mode/- My idea for the Day Of Reckoning style of Story Mode to return in 2K15. Check it out!

The article just makes zero sense. In the Hall of Fame, pretty much everyone currently in is listed by their wrestling name. We have "Hulk Hogan" not Terry Bollea. Mick Foley went in as himself probably because he stands for 3 different gimmicks, so instead of inducting Cactus, Mankind, and Dude Love we get Mick Foley.

Here's a more simplified explanation:

WWE is inducting the Razor Ramon character instead of Scott Hall himself because they can always induct Hall at a later date with Kevin Nash as The Outsiders or with the nWo as a group. Another reason for Razor's induction is that Vince McMahon has always been proud of that character.
    Credit: PWI

Thread Information