Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWE doesn't hate you, because that would mean they care

Default The WWE doesn't hate you, because that would mean they care

Default Re: The WWE doesn't hate you, because that would mean they care

Well, that's depressing as fuck.

I kinda don't want to watch anymore after that, if it really is as pointless as I try to tell myself it's not.

This philosophy, more than the actual product, is what turns me off from WWE more than anything.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

This is just logic stretched out into a bunch of paragraphs. Yes, I will keep watching the product, because I like it. Once I stop liking it, I will stop watching it. It's as simple as that and it baffles me how people take so much pleasure in...being displeased.

This is pretty much saying the exact same thing I said a month or so ago...WWE doesn't cater to smarks because they will watch the show regardless. That's been obvious forever and if I worked for them I would agree with their philosophy.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Well most of that makes sense, but there will be a time, perhaps in the distant future, where the WWE will regret that. This also backs up what a horrible thing ECW and particularly WCW dying was.

Oh well Deej, at least we have CHIKARA.

Honestly I don't care about this type of stuff anymore. By a pvr or dvr and just watch what you want, or delete the whole show if it sucks.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

The cruelest thing I can tell a passionate, dedicated smark is that the more he knows the less he matters to WWE.
    This. Soooooooooo this.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Well, that's depressing as fuck.

I kinda don't want to watch anymore after that, if it really is as pointless as I try to tell myself it's not.

This philosophy, more than the actual product, is what turns me off from WWE more than anything.
    Come on Deej. You of all people already knew this to be true.

Hardcore fans look after themselves. The idea of a business is to bring in new revenue, why aim your product at the fans that are going to give you money regardless?

Besides, it's not half as bad as this article makes out. The WWE gives the IWC enough to keep them interested.

Thanks Heteroflexible

I can't think of who this Chris guy is he's talking about.

This banner by ThisIsMayhem on deviant art. Google Image Search Movement

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Sometimes I feel like wrestling is the only form of entertainment that isn't allowed to put on the show they want to without pissing off some of their fanbase...

Knows he isn't welcome

EDIT: Sorry, please delete.
    Last edited by Nightwolf; 03-07-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlap Sac View Post
    I can't think of who this Chris guy is he's talking about.
    Daniels.

And this confirms that "hardcore fans" have no voice. Period. The fans that will never leave have no voice. The most ardent and passionate viewers have no voice. The people that actually care about the show they're watching have no voice.

I don't want to watch a show like that. I really don't, especially when the people behind the show actively chastise said segment of the audience.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Pleasing the audience that gives you their money and not treating them like a burden really sounds like a bad thing to some of you?
    Financially, yes. Because you aren't going to stop. The casuals will.

Knows he isn't welcome

EDIT: Sorry, please delete.
    Last edited by Nightwolf; 03-07-2014 at 01:51 PM.

They do listen though.

Punk, an Internet darling had the longest reign in recent history

The product is revolving around Bryan.

The two poster boys of the IWC have been heavily featured over the last couple years. Things really aren't as bad as the article makes out. But of course, if your not enjoying the current product it's all do to the company deliberately trying to piss off the smarks.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Daniels.

And this confirms that "hardcore fans" have no voice. Period. The fans that will never leave have no voice. The most ardent and passionate viewers have no voice. The people that actually care about the show they're watching have no voice.

I don't want to watch a show like that. I really don't, especially when the people behind the show actively chastise said segment of the audience.
    So, basically you don't watch anything on TV... Heh.

Daniels.

Holy cow, they missed the boat on that one.

I don't particually agree with the statement of "smarks will always be here watching." I would by definition I guess consider myself a smark, but I haven't bought a PPV in years, haven't been to a live event in at least a decade, and have bought any form of merchandise in just as long. I've started watching again recently because guys I was watching became champions at the same time, Punk and Bryan, and I never thought in a million years that'd happen. So if Punk's gone for good, and this Bryan thing doesn't pan out, then there's a good chance I will quit watching, again.

I quit during HHH's burial heel run where he faced guys like Goldberg and Scott Steiner. I stopped again when Cena was basically beating monster heel after monster heel. So no, they don't have me on the hook for life.

This banner by ThisIsMayhem on deviant art. Google Image Search Movement

Knows he isn't welcome

EDIT: Sorry, please delete.r them? Daniel Bryan is not only a Smark anymore.
    Last edited by Nightwolf; 03-07-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    They do listen though.

The two poster boys of the IWC have been heavily featured over the last couple years. Things really aren't as bad as the article makes out. But of course, if your not enjoying the current product it's all do to the company deliberately trying to piss off the smarks.
    Yes, people do have a voice. They just don't speak with their mouth... They speak with their wallet.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    They do listen though.

And a lot of it is exactly that. I had barely been paying attention beyond Raw Party Threads before Summerslam. And I stopped until the Raw in Seattle where people were telling me that I HAD to tune in.

Not long after that, I moved back to just reading the Raw Party Threads. The show in Chicago was background noise until the Bryan/HHH segments...and my dissatisfaction was only confirmed.

I've said more than a few times that WWE isn't very fun for me recently, and that's why I give it very little of my viewing attention and none of my money. And they are doing it with intent.

I stopped watching TNA in 2011 when Ken Anderson was World Champion because I think he's insufferable. I stopped watching when they welcomed back Jeff Hardy with open arms, save for the one fantastic promo AJ Styles ever did.

I don't want to be a part of the 10 percent that sticks around no matter what. I can come and go as I choose. I haven't watched a Ring of Honor show in forever. But neither of those companies actively go out of their way to antagonize a segment of their audience simply because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlap Sac View Post
    Holy cow, they missed the boat on that one.

I don't particually agree with the statement of "smarks will always be here watching." I would by definition I guess consider myself a smark, but I haven't bought a PPV in years, haven't been to a live event in at least a decade, and have bought any form of merchandise in just as long. I've started watching again recently because guys I was watching became champions at the same time, Punk and Bryan, and I never thought in a million years that'd happen. So if Punk's gone for good, and this Bryan thing doesn't pan out, then there's a good chance I will quit watching, again.

I quit during HHH's burial heel run where he faced guys like Goldberg and Scott Steiner. I stopped again when Cena was basically beating monster heel after monster heel. So no, they don't have me on the hook for life.
    There's nothing wrong with any of this.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Um ok I guess I'm the only one who thinks the product is better now than it was a couple years ago.. I remember the time after HBK/Taker/Batista/HHH all became inactive around the same time the product literally became unwatchable.. All they had were Orton, punk and Cena basically spread out over 2 shows. There was no shield, Wyatts, or Cesaro. No usos or Rhodes brothers..DB wasn't nearly as established as he is now either..

I'm glad the fans are more into it now too because we used to get nothing but crickets..

Now with the wwe network out and all I am much more into wrestling than I was a couple years ago and that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
    Interesting article. Thanks for posting.
    Sure!

Is it really that the WWE doesn't give the hardcore fans what they want?

Or is it that the WWE tries to cater to everyone, which pisses off the hardcore fans, who proceed to act like petulant children?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Is it really that the WWE doesn't give the hardcore fans what they want?

Or is it that the WWE tries to cater to everyone, which pisses off the hardcore fans, who proceed to act like petulant children?
    They gave the internet a year long punk title reign despite it being boring as shit and not drawing ratings and they still complained.. They had to bring in the rock vs cena and HHH vs Lesnar just to get the buys back up from that travesty.

that's what I am talking about with a thin roster.. 2012 was so so much worse than 2014 is ...I am happy it's back on the rise.

Thread Information