0 0%
  • Lethal Lockdown

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA Lockdown Discussion & Predictions Thread

Default TNA Lockdown Discussion & Predictions Thread

*** Spoiler Alert ***
    Thread May Contain Spoilers If You Haven't Seen Impact This Week

On March 9th, TNA will be airing one of their rare Sunday night PPV’s as Lockdown comes to you live from the BankUnited Center in Miami, Florida... anyways I figured we could use this thread to make predictions and discuss the upcoming PPV... I don't know about anyone else but I'm actually looking forward to this PPV. I'm looking forward to the heavyweight championship match between Sir Brutus Magnus and Samoa Joe, I reckon it should be a good match up plus both Great Muta and Seiya Sanada will be representing Wrestle-1 in a cross promotional match up which is kinda cool.

Anyways here's the upcoming Lockdown PPV card.

TNA Heavyweight Championship
    Steel Cage Match

Brutus Magnus(c) vs. Samoa Joe

Lethal Lockdown Match
    Team MVP (MVP, The Wolves & Jeff Hardy) vs. Team Roode (Bobby Roode, Bro-Mans & Austin Aries)

Knockout's Championship
    Steel Cage Match

Madison Rayne(c) vs. Gail Kim

Steel Cage Match
    Gunner vs. James Storm

Steel Cage Match
    Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III

Six Man Tag Team Steel Cage Match
    Great Muta, Seiya Sanada & Nakanoue vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) & Chris Sabin

Steel Cage Match
    Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw

Steel Cage Match
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno

So feel free to make predictions and uh which match(es) are you looking forward to the most.
    Last edited by Lony; 03-07-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Updated The Card

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Re: TNA Lockdown Discussion & Predictions Thread

Here are my predictions.

Steel Cage Match
    Magnus sneaks a weapon into the cage... Joe takes it away from Magnus and tries to hit him with it... Joe accidentally takes out the ref instead... Joe puts Magnus in a submission and he taps out... but the ref is still out so it doesn't count... Joe tries to wake up the ref... Magnus retrieves his weapon and knocks out Joe... Magnus wakes up the ref and puts the knocked out Joe in a submission... The ref checks on Joe and eventually realizes he's out... Magnus retains via TKO.

Lethal Lockdown Match
    Team MVP (MVP, The Wolves & Jeff Hardy) vs. Team Roode (Bobby Roode, Bro-Mans & Austin Aries)
    Hardy no shows and it ends up being a 3-on-4 match... The heels take control for the first half... The faces eventually manage to turn things around and look like they're on their way to victory... Suddenly, Dixie comes out and sicks a chain wielding Bully Ray on the faces... Bully beats down all the faces... Just when it seems like the heels are going to win... the light go off... we hear a crazy promo... the lights come back on... Willow is magically in the ring... Willow starts spraying smoke out of his umbrella like the Penguin... When the smoke clears all the heels are down and all the faces are up... Willow lets MVP get the win for his team... Happy ending...

Knockout's Championship
    Steel Cage Match
    Rayne starts kicking Gail Kim's ass... Tapa tries to tear down the cage door to make the save but she can't... Tapa tries to climb the cage but out comes Velvet to stop her... Alpha Female comes out to attack Velvet but ODB cuts her off... Rayne wins with a Roll-Up as Gail is distracted by the mess going on outside the cage...

Steel Cage Match
    Gunner vs. James Storm
    Storm can't beat Gunner so he goes for a beer bottle... Storm hits Gunner with the bottle but Gunner no-sells it like Sting... Gunner wins for America...

Steel Cage Match
    EC3 says there will be no match because Kurt is crippled and isn't even there... He asks the ref to do the 10 count... Kurt comes out and tries really hard to pretend he isn't hurt... Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle... Kurt climbs the cage... Kurt misses the Moonsault and hurts his leg again... EC3 puts Kurt in the Ankle Lock... Kurt doesn't tap... Kurt eventually passes out... EC3 wins via TKO... Of course TNA would book the same finish twice in one show...

Great Muta, Seiya Sanada and Tigre Uno vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) and Chris Sabin
    Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle... High spot, high spot, high spot... Japan wins because the contracts probably say they do...

Steel Cage Match
    Anderson wins by reversing Sam's choke into a Mic Check... Hemme marks out... Shaw gets a chair and beats down Kenny... Hemme does her concerned face... Sam kills Kenny... Hemme tries to cry... Shaw gets a mic and tells Hemme that he's over her because he has found himself a new obsession... Sam pulls out some rope and ties up Kenny's arms and legs... Shaw sniffs Kenny's hair before lifting him up and carrying him away... We never see Kenny again... Yay!

Ok, maybe it won't play out exactly like that... but I stand by my picks to win.

So apparently there has been some changes to the Lockdown PPV card according to TNA's official website.

Credit: Impactwrestling.com

On Thursday night, multi-time X Division Champion Manik sent out the following message and video (below) from his Twitter account @MaskaraManik about the debuting Luchadore #TigreUno

Click to see the video from Manik's twitter account

ImpactWrestling.com has learned that a new match has now been added for Lockdown in Miami this Sunday Night as Manik will indeed face newcomer Tigre Uno! As a result of Tigre Uno now facing Manik this Sunday at Lockdown, ImpactWrestling.com has also learned that The Great Muta has called on fellow Wrestle-1 star Nakanoue to take Tigre's place in the six-man match against Bad Influence and Chris Sabin!

Anyways here's my predictions (winners in bold).

Brutus Magnus vs. Samoa Joe
    Team MVP vs. Team Roode
    Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
    Gunner vs. James Storm
    Ethan Carter III vs. Kurt Angle
    Team TNA vs. Team Wrestle-1
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno
    Last edited by Lony; 03-07-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Edited In My Predictions

Hmmm... A guy debuting vs a character that hasn't been on TV in forever... That's a tough one to predict... Heh.

Oh, here's another prediction: If MVP's team wins... I bet we'll still have to put up with Dixie... 'cause I'm pretty sure the story will be that she sold some of her control over to someone else just in case... And it will be either Bully Ray or Spud... Bully will definitely have something to do with all this, mark my words.

I forgot all about Manik. I guess he won't be winning the match.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Team MVP vs. Team Roode
    Team Roo can't win... I mean, what happens to MVP? He's either done with TNA... or they just used an investor storyline to bring somebody in as a wrestler. That seems like such a waste. And what about Roo owning a part of the company? Wouldn't that just break everything? The heels winning would probably make everything ridiculous.

Ethan Carter III vs. Kurt Angle
    I'm pretty sure Kurt is moving into that phase in his career where he's gonna start putting a lot of young people over. So I think there is almost no way he's going to win that match. He doesn't need it. Besides, they aren't pointing out the leg injury for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Team Roo can't win... I mean, what happens to MVP? He's either done with TNA... or they just used an investor storyline to bring somebody in as a wrestler. That seems like such a waste. And what about Roo owning a part of the company? Wouldn't that just break everything? The heels winning would probably make everything ridiculous.
    Meh, even if Team Roode wins just say that MVP and The Wolves have iron clad contracts and can't be fired as wrestlers.

Sure it's weak but I don't see Dixie being off of TV.

I'm pretty sure Kurt is moving into that phase in his career where he's gonna start putting a lot of young people over. So I think there is almost no way he's going to win that match. He doesn't need it. Besides, they aren't pointing out the leg injury for nothing.
    Your most likely right, however I would still prefer to see Kurt Angle win as I'm not really a fan of ECIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Meh, even if Team Roode wins just say that MVP and The Wolves have iron clad contracts and can't be fired as wrestlers.
    Just what TNA needs... 3 Big Shows... Heh.

Sure it's weak but I don't see Dixie being off of TV.
    I'd be shocked if Dixie actually removed herself from TV. 100% sure it won't happen though... Mainly 'cause MVP sorta tipped TNA's hand during a recent interview...

Your most likely right, however I would still prefer to see Kurt Angle win as I'm not really a fan of ECIII.
    You gotta admit that EC3 is getting better... on the mic... His in-ring work still really screams WWE...

Kurt Angle is out of Lockdown. He's getting surgery today on his knee.

TNA knew he was hurt & would require surgery ages ago. They still chose to build a storyline for Lockdown with EC3. Instead of building a story with EC3 and a guy that could work the show, TNA got fans invested in a match they knew wouldn't happen.

So does Willow make his debut tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA_CenA View Post
    So does Willow make his debut tonight?
    Not sure, all I know is MVP announced Jeff Hardy as the fourth man for his Lethal Lockdown team... whether or not it's Jeff Hardy or Willow that shows up I don't know until the PPV starts and he shows up.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Willow will not show up at Lockdown... Mainly because they teased his debut for Thursday... So, I guess we will be starting to get a double dose of Hardy on Impact soon... Ugh...

...so this thursday we finally get a Impact that wasn't taped months ago? Thank God

I'll miss the UK fans. Back to Orlando talk about a downgrade.

Steel Cage Match

Joe has been on a major streak plus it is Joe so zero chance of him winning the title here.

Lethal Lockdown Match

Team MVP after Aries turns on Roode. Brain Buster followed by a swanton. Roode and Aries feud for a few months. Jeff Hardy new number one contender because of redemption.

Knockout's Championship
    Steel Cage Match

Rayne has been booked like crap so really have nothing to go on. Madison because of poor booking.

Steel Cage Match
    Gunner vs. James Storm

James Storm because American Hero is Kurt's thing.

Steel Cage Match

Do to doctor stoppage

Great Muta, Seiya Sanada & Nakanoue vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) & Chris Sabin

TNA will find a way to make everyone lose here. TNA tends to not let other organization wrestlers win often vs. TNA exciting poorly booked team. Daniels hasn't taking a lose lately so I betting on the other guys.

Steel Cage Match

It makes the most sense for Anderson to win since he has been getting destroyed this feud. I really want Shaw to win this match.

Steel Cage Match
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno

Only way Manik wins this fight is by DQ.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Steel Cage Match

Joe is been on a major strike plus it is Joe so zero chance of him winning the title here.
    I don't know if I'd say Joe has a zero percent chance of winning... I mean, TNA has made a lot of people look really bad just to build him up again. They could just go all the way with him already.

Lethal Lockdown Match

Team MVP after Aries turns on Roode. Brain Buster followed by a swanton. Roode and Aries feud for a few months. Jeff Hardy new number one contender because of redemption.
    Aries turning on Roo would make zero sense. I mean, he freakin' almost killed one of the Wolves. That would be terrible booking.

Knockout's Championship
    Steel Cage Match

Rayne has been booked like crap so really have nothing to go on. Madison because of poor booking.
    Isn't this how wrestling works? You go into a PPV weak it usually means you're winning... Go in strong and you're losing... Wrestling 101.

Steel Cage Match
    Gunner vs. James Storm

James Storm because American Hero is Kurt's thing.
    I wonder if it's possible that Storm will get some assistance from his new tag team partner? Don't forget the case, guys. It would make sense if that led to Gunner's undoing.

Steel Cage Match

Do to doctor stoppage
    The match ain't happening... Which makes you wonder who will step in for Kurt. My money is on EY.

TNA will find a way to make everyone lose here. TNA tends to not let other organization wrestlers win often vs. TNA exciting poorly booked team. Daniels hasn't taking a lose lately so I betting on the other guys.
    Now that I think about it... Team TNA might actually go over in this one. Especially since so many Wrestle-1 guys went over in Japan.

Steel Cage Match

It makes the most sense for Anderson to win since he has been getting destroyed this feud. I really want Shaw to win this match.
    I just hope this match is short... 'cause both guys involved are poo.

Steel Cage Match
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno

Only way Manik wins this fight is by DQ.
    I guess it would make sense to turn Manik heel... Then that could lead to a mask vs mask match between the two and we could have TJ wrestle as TJ.

The Predator

Angle has been officially out for days now and EC3 has issued an open challenge.

I'm looking forward to Lethal Lockdown, World Title and Storm-Gunner.

Storm has had some great matches and feuds with former partners (I see this one being more on the brutal side which will be good)
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Magnus d. Joe

Team Dixie d. Team MVP

Madison d. Gail

Storm d. Gunner

EC3 d. ???

Team TNA d. Team Wrestle-1

Anderson d. Shaw

Tigre Uno d. Manik

surrender

I don't know if I'd say Joe has a zero percent chance of winning... I mean, TNA has made a lot of people look really bad just to build him up again. They could just go all the way with him already.
    Alright may not zero how about .0001% chance of winning.

Aries turning on Roo would make zero sense. I mean, he freakin' almost killed one of the Wolves. That would be terrible booking.
    Roode didn't give him what he asked for which was 5 percent. Maybe MVP will throw him 5-10%. Aries does what best for Aries.

Isn't this how wrestling works? You go into a PPV weak it usually means you're winning... Go in strong and you're losing... Wrestling 101.
    Gail has been booked poorly too.

I wonder if it's possible that Storm will get some assistance from his new tag team partner? Don't forget the case, guys. It would make sense if that led to Gunner's undoing.
    Can't have another match with a lot of interfence. The world title and knockout title matches are guaranteed to have some run ins.

The match ain't happening... Which makes you wonder who will step in for Kurt. My money is on EY.
    Willow is coming

Now that I think about it... Team TNA might actually go over in this one. Especially since so many Wrestle-1 guys went over in Japan.
    They will try their hardest to make sure everyone loses. No contest

I just hope this match is short... 'cause both guys involved are poo.
    Shaw isn't that bad. It is one of the most interesting feuds in TNA that Anderson has been a part of.

I guess it would make sense to turn Manik heel... Then that could lead to a mask vs mask match between the two and we could have TJ wrestle as TJ.
    Was thinking more of making the new guy the heel. But either will work.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

Hopefully the Madison Rayne/Gail Kim match will get more time then they've been getting on Impact recently as it's one of the matches I'm looking forward to along with Magnus/Joe, Lethal Lockdown and Team TNA/Team Wrestle-1... though admittedly Great Muta isn't as good as he once was (yes I just made a Toby Keith reference) but it'll still be nice seeing him on a wrestling PPV for an American company.

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero
    Shaw isn't that bad. It is one of the most interesting feuds in TNA that Anderson has been a part of.
    There is a reason they don't have Shaw wrestle much... Now, I'm not saying he's the drizzling shits... But he's pretty poopy...

As for this feud being interesting... Heh... I'd even put Kenny/DOC above it...

So, we using this as the party thread or what?

So anyone else watching Lockdown tonight... anyways Lockdown is kicking off with the Team TNA/Team Wrestle-1 six man tag team match... really looking forward to this match.

Muta chant from the crowd... not as loud as one would hope but at least they're cheering his name.

So, we using this as the party thread or what?
    Yeah, I was just gonna use this as the party thread, no point making a new thread.

I still miss the 6-sides of steel...

USA chant? You knew that was gonna happen.

Edit: I think the crowd wants Muta...

Thread Information