Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 288

Thread: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    I think it would have been a better start to the feud if Brock would have showed about a millisecond of fear and then F5'd that old piece of shit through the table. Maybe make Undertaker look hunted for a change instead of this unstoppable force you sure as fuck won't beat at Mania which they've done with him for the last ten years.

  2. #77
    I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I stack like dat
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    I'd love to see Brock have a match on Raw; please just one match.

  3. #78
    Banned The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    I think it would have been a better start to the feud if Brock would have showed about a millisecond of fear and then F5'd that old piece of shit through the table. Maybe make Undertaker look hunted for a change instead of this unstoppable force you sure as fuck won't beat at Mania which they've done with him for the last ten years.


    Undertaker is the man.

  4. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post


    Undertaker is the man.
    I know. I saw the last ten matches he had at Wrestlemania. Turns out, I didn't think there was a chance in Hell he'd lose a single one of them. Maybe if Brock was allowed to be Brock, there might be a reason to actually watch the match.

  5. #80
    An AJPW Guy Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,745

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Give the feud a chance. If Lesnar doesn't destroy Undertaker at least once during the build, I will be surprised.

  6. #81
    In Punk We Trust. SeanWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Age
    24
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    I have a feeling next week's focus will be on the Taker/Lesnar match. They put the main focus on the Triple H/Bryan feud this week and I think the main focus will be on Taker/Lesnar. I think Lesnar destroying the dead man in the build up is something that will most definitely happen. Next week is a big possibility. However, they could hold that segment off until the final Raw before Mania.

  7. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Is everyone here sure that the Undertaker can put up a good match this year? I know this question gets asked every year but right now after RAW I am slightly worried that Brock does something stupid which cuts things short. The streak has so much value that it would be crazy to break it but a non finish would not be good either. I fear that this match might in one way or another end like Summerslam 1997 Stone Cold Steve Austin v Owen Hart.

  8. #83
    Senior Member Steeda90GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    He's put up excellent matches thus far. I'm not sure why this year will be any different. Brock is one of the better guys to be in the ring with in terms of keeping him safe, and catching his falls.

  9. #84

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeda90GT View Post
    Brock is one of the better guys to be in the ring with in terms of keeping him safe, and catching his falls.
    Come again?

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  10. #85
    Senior Member The Icon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,424

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    In any event Undertaker is going to make sure it is rehearsed until he is comfortable with the match. Undertaker's health after this match has crossed my mind more often this year than any previous year. It should be interesting to see how far they are willing to push it.

  11. #86
    98% Badass The Fugitive Kind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    My House
    Age
    32
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    I think it would have been a better start to the feud if Brock would have showed about a millisecond of fear and then F5'd that old piece of shit through the table. Maybe make Undertaker look hunted for a change instead of this unstoppable force you sure as fuck won't beat at Mania which they've done with him for the last ten years.
    Doesn't really make sense. He has The Streak, which is the whole point of the match. He's the guy who's been undefeated for over two decades. Brock's the guy who is 1-2 at Mania. If anyone is gonna look unstoppable, it's the Dead Man.

  12. #87
    Senior Member The Icon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,424

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Yes, but Brock is 2-0 against the Undertaker and this is a good opprotunity to portray the streak being in doubt going up against a former UFC WHC and someone who the Undertaker has never beaten.

  13. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    This is one of the only matches on the PPV that I'm really looking forward to. I've been waiting for this re-match for a long time.

  14. #89
    The Icon Shawn Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,996

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    I would like to see this match...and I have ordered about 15 wrestle manias....but not this year...card looks too weak.

  15. #90

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    The video package they've been showing with Mark Collie's "In Time" has gotten be even more pumped than I already was.

    I'm ready for this.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  16. #91
    98% Badass The Fugitive Kind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    My House
    Age
    32
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    Yes, but Brock is 2-0 against the Undertaker and this is a good opprotunity to portray the streak being in doubt going up against a former UFC WHC and someone who the Undertaker has never beaten.
    I don't think his UFC stuff is a sell here really. I just wanna see the match because it will be badass no doubt.

  17. #92
    Senior Member TheKliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,246

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    last night was a perfect example of why I just cannot care about this match.. It's just so much of the same shit being rehashed over and over again when it comes to takers streak..

    The buildup and promos are the same as the last several years, the motives are the same, the outcome is obviously going to be the same, and I'm pretty sure the in ring psychology of how the match is worked is going to be the same too..

    THe only thing that changes is who taker challenges that's it. Sure the match itself might be great but that's 20 minutes at most. I don't settle for great matches I want great feuds..

  18. #93
    2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,739

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    So what if Taker winning is predictable? Does that make the match ANY less awesome. No. Taker v Brock will be a great match. I don't get the need to complain about Taker obviously winning when it has no impact on the quality of the match

    In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

  19. #94
    Senior Member Jvance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    last night was a perfect example of why I just cannot care about this match.. It's just so much of the same shit being rehashed over and over again when it comes to takers streak..

    The buildup and promos are the same as the last several years, the motives are the same, the outcome is obviously going to be the same, and I'm pretty sure the in ring psychology of how the match is worked is going to be the same too..

    THe only thing that changes is who taker challenges that's it. Sure the match itself might be great but that's 20 minutes at most. I don't settle for great matches I want great feuds..
    I get that. That is what I enjoyed about the HBK/Undertaker storyline. It had a lot more build up to it and it felt like HBK had a more personal journey of something he had to do or his career would be incomplete in comparison to CM Punk and Brock Lesnar who in a lot of ways were saying since they couldn't be wwe championship match that they would have to settle for attempting to end the undertakers streak. I have no doubt about the match being good but it would be better if they had started this feud earlier or if Brock had actually showed up last night and did something as opposed to just Paul Heyman talking. I'm sure Brock will get a good beatdown or two in over the next 4 weeks but still this feels rushed.

  20. #95
    Senior Member Jvance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    So what if Taker winning is predictable? Does that make the match ANY less awesome. No. Taker v Brock will be a great match. I don't get the need to complain about Taker obviously winning when it has no impact on the quality of the match
    This is also true. How many matches can you generally predict the winner in and the prediction is correct? I'd say easily 75% of matches. But that doesn't mean the 75% were garbage.

  21. #96
    Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,525

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    So what if Taker winning is predictable? Does that make the match ANY less awesome. No. Taker v Brock will be a great match. I don't get the need to complain about Taker obviously winning when it has no impact on the quality of the match
    Exactly. Look at Punk vs. Undertaker. The match was 100% guaranteed win for Undertaker, but it was still the best match from the show.
    It's showtime, folks!

  22. #97
    Senior Member TheKliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,246

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    So what if Taker winning is predictable? Does that make the match ANY less awesome. No. Taker v Brock will be a great match. I don't get the need to complain about Taker obviously winning when it has no impact on the quality of the match
    Um as I said it's not just the outcome of the match being predictable.. It's the entire feud being predictable.. Takers promos are boring as fuck, he has absolutely nothing interesting left to say to the audience. NOTHING..

    He has been carried the last 5 years on the mic by HBK, HHH, Punk and Now it looks like heyman, but even all of that is starting to get repetitive.. It's all about the same shit.. There is no depth or anything interesting behind this at all..

    IF all that is left of taker is the streak and increasing it's count I would rather him just retire.. I like taker he was one of my favorites back in the day but I'm tired of seeing this tbh.

  23. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    So what if Taker winning is predictable? Does that make the match ANY less awesome. No. Taker v Brock will be a great match. I don't get the need to complain about Taker obviously winning when it has no impact on the quality of the match
    I think you're right in that it'll be a great match, but if the result is predictable, why should we order the PPV? Just watch the match later since we know either way what the result will be.

  24. #99
    Senior Member The Icon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,424

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    Um as I said it's not just the outcome of the match being predictable.. It's the entire feud being predictable.. Takers promos are boring as fuck, he has absolutely nothing interesting left to say to the audience. NOTHING..

    He has been carried the last 5 years on the mic by HBK, HHH, Punk and Now it looks like heyman, but even all of that is starting to get repetitive.. It's all about the same shit.. There is no depth or anything interesting behind this at all..

    IF all that is left of taker is the streak and increasing it's count I would rather him just retire.. I like taker he was one of my favorites back in the day but I'm tired of seeing this tbh.
    I wasn't a big fan of this gimmick, but I think having The Undertaker come back as the American Bad Ass would have helped promo wise. His deadman character wasn't always condusive to elaborate, compelling promos. He also would have had a faster ring enterance riding that Harley. Again the match is primary and the storyline secondary. It was nice of JBL to acknowledge Brock beating Randy Couture in his third UFC fight to add a sense of realism. We really need to see a good Brock beatdown of the Undertaker at some point.

  25. #100
    Senior Member TheKliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,246

    Default Re: Official Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of this gimmick, but I think having The Undertaker come back as the American Bad Ass would have helped promo wise. His deadman character wasn't always condusive to elaborate, compelling promos. He also would have had a faster ring enterance riding that Harley. Again the match is primary and the storyline secondary. It was nice of JBL to acknowledge Brock beating Randy Couture in his third UFC fight to add a sense of realism. We really need to see a good Brock beatdown of the Undertaker at some point.
    Ya and I know I am in the minority on this forum but for me personally I would rather have weeks of amazing, unpredictable build up that leads to a crap match, than weeks of crap snoozefest buildup that leads to a great match..

    I'm more into storytelling and I noticed more here are into the matches themselves. Which is fine, but I'm just different I guess.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •