Thread: WWE stance of Globalism and immagration

Default WWE stance of Globalism and immagration

I'm ashamed on WWE's stance on immigration through this character and sovereignty. Though I shouldn't be suprised Vince has always been for pushing the slimmest of slime ideas, propaganda and storylines. So a redneck cult is satanic and evil and backwoods the subtle message is don't trust southerners don't trust people who wanna be left alone. This stuff is powerful when in reality most Southerners are hard working humble people.

Same with immigration southerners don't want someone coming into there country taking there jobs in unskilled fields driving down wages that's only common sense. They try to divide us bringing up race and race baiting. You could argue Mexico is as big as American wrestling or bigger so it only makes sense to have this character battle the luchador's but it just doesn't makes sense.

A lot of you enjoy this backwards propaganda but I do not. Not when it's this obvious and black and white.

Default Re: WWE stance of Globalism and immagration

I'm sorry, I know your being serious but this is the first thing that came to mind when I read that...

In all seriousness, I think most people take it for what it is, entertainment.

I'm Rob Van Dam, Mr. PPV...to you and everybody else, the Whole F*ck*ng Show.
    -RVD

That's the problem though that's where you can be hit with propaganda the most efficiently.

Damn Vince for taking a lovely thing like a red neck cult and turning it satanic. Red neck cults everywhere should revolt.
    Bring back the fourth wall

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

I understand your point. But I think you are looking for far too much depth in your pro wrestling entertainment.

Life imitates art. Art imitates life.

Well, Cena is learning Mandarin...

Credit to Heteroflexible for the banner!
    Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

I am honestly hoping this thread isn't serious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedOtter View Post
    I understand your point. But I think you are looking for far too much depth in your pro wrestling entertainment.
    On the contrary, I have no problem with someone looking for depth.

What I see from the OP is depth that is horribly misguided and way off the mark, and probably a bit of projection.

From day one, Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family have been an homage to the Manson Family and their leader, Charles. He spoke in the same words Bray Wyatt uses, even though he didn't have an accent. I understand where the OP may have gotten their outlook from...but only to a certain point.

This is no different from my own projections about the persecuted spat-upon Internet Wrestling Fan that likes indy guys and WWE in the case of Daniel Bryan and the yes movement.

And, yes. There is always a little bit a truth in fictional storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

Banned

NEWSFLASH: Wrestling is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by CENAfan54 View Post
    I'm ashamed on WWE's stance on immigration through this character and sovereignty. Though I shouldn't be suprised Vince has always been for pushing the slimmest of slime ideas, propaganda and storylines. So a redneck cult is satanic and evil and backwoods the subtle message is don't trust southerners don't trust people who wanna be left alone. This stuff is powerful when in reality most Southerners are hard working humble people.

Same with immigration southerners don't want someone coming into there country taking there jobs in unskilled fields driving down wages that's only common sense. They try to divide us bringing up race and race baiting. You could argue Mexico is as big as American wrestling or bigger so it only makes sense to have this character battle the luchador's but it just doesn't makes sense.

A lot of you enjoy this backwards propaganda but I do not. Not when it's this obvious and black and white.
    I was seriously hoping this was an elaborate joke/troll.

So all art, from prose to theater, is some kind of propaganda? The film Troy is obviously propaganda for Greek greed, lust for power, and war. That character Spongebob? Obviously bigotry propaganda. Sponges are not extraterrestrial and sentient, they're actually inanimate tools at our disposal. How shameful to anthropomorphize a sponge! Reductio ad Absurdum.

In reality, WWE creates CHARACTERS for DRAMA, ART, and THEATER, to tell FICTIONAL STORIES, and to explore FICTIONAL CHARACTERS and their evolution. These characters, and this entertainment is to ENTERTAIN its viewers. There's no conspiracy, Lil' Jimmy, no Dr Dystopian creating characters for subtle projections of stereotype and bigotry and propaganda.

Accept WWE as fictional theater, with fictional characters, all to tell stories and bring us entertainment. And please drop this troll thread.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    On the contrary, I have no problem with someone looking for depth.

What I see from the OP is depth that is horribly misguided and way off the mark, and probably a bit of projection.

From day one, Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family have been an homage to the Manson Family and their leader, Charles. He spoke in the same words Bray Wyatt uses, even though he didn't have an accent. I understand where the OP may have gotten their outlook from...but only to a certain point.

This is no different from my own projections about the persecuted spat-upon Internet Wrestling Fan that likes indy guys and WWE in the case of Daniel Bryan and the yes movement.

And, yes. There is always a little bit a truth in fictional storytelling.
    That doesn't mean WWE creates characters to project McMahon's political, philosophical, religious beliefs and worldviews. WWE creates characters to explore the dynamics of unique characters, and ultimately tell stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Push View Post
    Damn Vince for taking a lovely thing like a red neck cult and turning it satanic. Red neck cults everywhere should revolt.
    Undertaker is obviously flamboyant propaganda. And Christians should all together stop watching WWE, as Stone Cold was crucified. Crucifixion propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    That doesn't mean WWE creates characters to project McMahon's political, philosophical, religious beliefs and worldviews. WWE creates characters to explore the dynamics of unique characters, and ultimately tell stories.
    Umm, yes they do. I don't like it, but there have been countless stories from the most reputable sites that all say a lot of the creative process within WWE is to placate Vince, pop Vince, or go along with Vince's latest whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

The Wyatt family was a Bray Wyatt creation.......He invented the character. Not Vince

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedOtter View Post
    What?

Thread Information