Thread: Joey Ryan rips Bill Demott and more.

Default Joey Ryan rips Bill Demott and more.

- It was reported last fall that indie veteran Joey Ryan participated in a WWE tryout camp at the Performance Center, just a few months after he was released from TNA. Ryan was not offered a contract and later said in an interview that WWE felt like he was too old and experienced to be in developmental.

A few weeks back in January, Ryan tweeted the following comments and made references to NXT trainer Bill DeMott and John Laurinaitis:

“At WWE camp, Bill DeMott said nobody on indies is as good as NXT guys. I’d LOVE to debate Bill DeMott on what he thinks ‘good wrestling’ is.”

“Another thing Bill DeMott said at the WWE camp is that ‘WWE retrained Daniel Bryan or he wouldn’t be as good as he is today.’”

“Trying to get WWE job in 2010, John Laurinaitis told me ‘I have enough 5’9″ guys. I can’t make money with Daniel Bryan, how can I with you?’”

“Candice Michelle went to PWG in 2008 & raved about me to John Laurinaitis. When I saw him, he said ‘What does a Diva know about wrestling?’”

“‘Don’t wrestle the way John Cena does. Wrestle the way that I teach you.’ – Bill DeMott at WWE camp.”

Ryan also posted a screenshot of his e-mail reply to WWE’s Senior Director of Talent Development, presumably former beach volleyball player Canyon Ceman, who told him he was too experienced to hire. Here’s what Ryan wrote in the e-mail:

“I respect your opinion but I could not disagree more with it. My talents and abilities allow me to travel the world and make a full-time living in professional wrestling, which is not something that most WWE Superstars could do on their own.

You have coaches in place that have never drawn a dime in their careers trying to determine who and who cannot draw money which is the true flaw in your system. I have had far more successful names in wrestling, some within WWE itself, rave about my creativeness, character acting and ability to engage an audience and your evaluators missed it. Perhaps it’s time for you to reevaluate your evaluators.

Good luck in finding your next big superstar.”

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Default Re: Joey Ryan rips Bill Demott and more.

Sounds like someone needs to figure out a way to circumvent the system and catch Triple H's attention instead.

(I know! Me showing faith in Hunter? Shocker!)

It's great to see that WWE is still going about things the same ass-backwards way that got them into the position they're in today in terms of failure to properly sign, develop, and nurture immensely talented people who could become top stars. Live and (fail to) learn, Double Double E!

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I can't blame Ryan here. DeMott comes off asva dumbass, especially considering Bryan in ROH drew more fan interest than Hugh Morris did in WCW in 1997, when they were on top. Maybe it's some of that "bitter, jealous guy who never could get over" that many former wrestlers have coming out in Bill.

What the fuck did DeMott ever do to get a position so high, anyway? He must suck some serious pole.

The Ultimate Fic'er
    Pro-Wrestling FEVER
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Sorry, pal. This area is for body builders and models only.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    What the fuck did DeMott ever do to get a position so high, anyway? He must suck some serious pole.
    Not sure if he sucked a lot of pole, bad a good majority of his career did.

WWE probably wouldn't have been able to handle all that Sleaze anyway.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I've never heard a single positive remark from anybody who's trained under him. They were all released or unsigned, but I still think it has to speak somewhat of his true character if so many people are saying the same thing.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

DeMott is a piece of garbage. Some of the things people have said about him or things that happened under his watch is astounding. How he still has a job goes to show you exactly how scummy the pro wrestling business still is, even at the highest possible level.

That's no laughing matter.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I've never heard a single positive remark from anybody who's trained under him. They were all released or unsigned, but I still think it has to speak somewhat of his true character if so many people are saying the same thing.
    Goldberg said nice things about him,(and he didn't train under him)but outside of that ..nothing positive.
    He needs to be let go.

Quote Originally Posted by vincemark View Post
    Goldberg said nice things about him,(and he didn't train under him)but outside of that ..nothing positive.
    He needs to be let go.
    Hugh Morris did put Goldberg over in Berg's debut match....I think Goldberg probably remembered that fondly.

I know DeMott mentions that like its on his resume He must feel he single handedly started Goldberg up because he jobbed well to him.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

By the way, who is Bill Demott to tell people how to work and what somebody can and can't do in the wrestling buisness? Like his training makes anyone better.

His only claim to fame is being the guy who lost to Goldberg in Goldberg's first match.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    His only claim to fame is being the guy who lost to Goldberg in Goldberg's first match.
    Someone didn't watch Tough Enough and his feud with SkidMarks.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Bill DeMott wasn't anything great, but I think we're all going a bit far here by claiming the man had no talent. Most of the great coaches in the NFL were never big name players or Hall of Famers, but they had an understanding of the game that surpassed their physical abilities to do what they understood.

In short, to quote Mike Ditka, "Coaches coach and Players play."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Bill DeMott wasn't anything great, but I think we're all going a bit far here by claiming the man had no talent. Most of the great coaches in the NFL were never big name players or Hall of Famers, but they had an understanding of the game that surpassed their physical abilities to do what they understood.

In short, to quote Mike Ditka, "Coaches coach and Players play."
    Just because Bill has been in that coaching position for God-knows-how-long despite his never being a decent player, doesn't mean he has that higher understanding though.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I never said it did. I just said that it's ridiculous to assume that just because he didn'thave the physical ability to do it, it doesn't mean that he doesn't have the mental understanding of the business.

Honestly, I wouldn't have an ex wrestler train someone. I'd have someone who had a great mind for the business, like Heyman or Bischoff train wrestlers, I mean, you have to be a huge fan to be successful in the first place, and who hasn't had a 5 Star match in their back yard with their buddy already? Most guys can pick up the actual physical stuff easy, it's the psychology, connecting with fans, etc that people need teaching. Someone like DeMott isn't that person.

A perfect combo to train people would be HBK, Flair, or Austin, in a dream world.

Banned

I don't know anything about DeMott other than the stories I've read and my experiences watching him on TV and wondering what the Sam Hill he was doing on my TV, but he could be one of those conniving, sycophantic types who shows one side of himself to certain people and another side to others. I suspect these types are this way because they lack real ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    DeMott is a piece of garbage. Some of the things people have said about him or things that happened under his watch is astounding. How he still has a job goes to show you exactly how scummy the pro wrestling business still is, even at the highest possible level.
    I get the impression that much of the media and a lot of the public is pretty wise to the high amount of scuz within pro wrestling, which WWE is the face of. No matter how strong of a PR effort WWE makes to change their image, there are just too many skeletons rattling in the closet. Now they certainly have done some good things to improve their image, such as the new performance/training center they have in Orlando, but there is other stuff which suggests that some of their old bad habits are still festering. For instance, the WWE enacted a three strikes and your out drug/steroid policy. They publicize that it is a solid policy which ALL superstars are held accountable to. However, when the WWE changed that policy to protect Randy Orton, a two-strike offender, they showed that they hadn't really changed their stripes much at all. But let's be honest, the enforcement of that policy likely does not apply to a few stars who are considered not expendable.

Oh, and let's not forget about the bullyng, such as when commentators are instructed to take jabs at Lillian Garcia's supposed horse face. That's pretty scuzzy too and it's certainly not infrequent.
    Last edited by Wave Breaker; 02-18-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post

I know DeMott mentions that like its on his resume He must feel he single handedly started Goldberg up because he jobbed well to him.
    Jerry Flynn did more for Goldberg than DeMott. He jobbed to Goldberg like 20 times.

Thread Information