Thread: Is the WWE teasing yet another tag team breakup/feud?

Default Is the WWE teasing yet another tag team breakup/feud?

That is to say, I've the impression that The Real Americans will disband like the Prime Time Players. Things that I've noticed about them recently.

Jack Swagger takes exception to being slapped in the face by Zeb Colter. It was done to motivate him during a match.

Interestingly, Swagger looked annoyed by Antonio Cesaro's proclamation that a "real American," himself, will win the WWE championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV. I don't know. In my opinion, Swagger appeared visibly irked by the comment for a moment. Jealousy? The broadcaster(s) seem to want to hint at this.

I like Cesaro and Swagger as a tandem or as individuals.

In my opinion, I suspect that they'll disband soon. However, I don't see how Cesaro would benefit from a feud with Swagger. Not to mention, the latter would be without a storyline if they do indeed breakup. Ironically, Swagger could use Colter as a manager more than Cesaro. So I don't want for the WWE to separate them.

Default Re: Is the WWE teasing yet another tag team breakup/feud?

They did it last week as well with Cesaro shaking his head in disappointment at Swagger losing yet again.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I get tag teams disband, but you gotta have another waiting to take their place or it'll be like a few years ago when the entire division was depleted. I couldn't take going back to just a bunch of mish moshed tag teams. For the first time in a long time I'm enjoying tag team wrestling.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Banned

The Real Americans SHOULD break up though. Antonio is way too good to be in a shitty tag team and he's not a good fit for Swagger anyway. The issue with a lot of these teams breaking up now is that they weren't real teams to begin with. It very rarely feels like there is any kind of chemistry between the two guys on the team. They just come out together and hit all their signature solo moves and then the post match high five. Matches just feel empty for the most part.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    The Real Americans SHOULD break up though. Antonio is way too good to be in a shitty tag team and he's not a good fit for Swagger anyway. The issue with a lot of these teams breaking up now is that they weren't real teams to begin with. It very rarely feels like there is any kind of chemistry between the two guys on the team. They just come out together and hit all their signature solo moves and then the post match high five. Matches just feel empty for the most part.
    I agree. Its why I like the Usos and Colon boys.

Personally, I think Swagger and Cesaro work well together.

It's not a team I want to see split up but, it was inevitable. Hopefully we can get a mutual parting of ways as, we already have a former tag team feuding. It would make much more sense for these two to split than the Prime Time Players. At least these two have a chance, I can't see Titus or Darren doing much of anything after their feud.

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

They're not ever gonna win the titles and Cesaro is too good to be stuck in the mid card, so they should break up.

And they are going to break up based on the way they've been booked as of late.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Tag teams that can work
    Mason Ryan / wade Barrett
    The miz / ziggler
    Santino / fandango (goofball & mr serious)
    Mark Henry / big show
    Mysterio/ sin cara

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Let's see.

Cody/Goldust
    PTP
    Real Americans
    And Cara/Mysterio, if their match at WM 30 happens.

Wow.

Spoiler

The thing is how do you go with it? I mean both Cesaro and Colter are expressing displeasure with Swagger, so you would think it would be Swagger that would turn face, but its obvious that Cesaro is the more cheered for of the two. Not to mention there is no way you can turn that Colter gimmick face.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Knows he isn't welcome

Have Edge come back and kill off Colter by dropping him off a very high place, Swagger and Cesaro just shrug it off and go about their own, separate ways like it's no big deal.
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Have Edge come back and kill off Colter by dropping him off a very high place, Swagger and Cesaro just shrug it off and go about their own, separate ways like it's no big deal.
    Is Zeb still in the wheelchair from when Big Show punched him? If so, then yes! But you have to spend an entire episode of Raw (not Smackdown, Raw) with Edge rolling Zeb all over the place while Jack and Antonio try to track him down.

Then have Antonio and Jack accidentally roll him off the high place!

And then next week, forget it ever happened.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

I am actually upset at the tag teams breaking up. They need to call up a tag team from NXT that is a legit team. Also make the Matadors drop their gimmick because its restricting. They need to either go heel or have a manager. With the Outlaws around, there are some buzz along with the fresh up and comers Usos. WWE needs to capitalize now. Every division needs atleast 4 strong contenders and right nows its just Outlaws and Usos.

Quote Originally Posted by StunVKMcmahon View Post
    I get tag teams disband, but you gotta have another waiting to take their place or it'll be like a few years ago when the entire division was depleted. I couldn't take going back to just a bunch of mish moshed tag teams. For the first time in a long time I'm enjoying tag team wrestling.

I concur. This is a valid point. Because there aren't that many legitimate male tag teams in the WWE to begin with. And the Bella Twins are advocating for there to be Women's tag team titles. Really? Good luck with that.

Does anybody still believe that the tag team division will be revitalized by Hunter?
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 02-11-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StunVKMcmahon View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. You would think when you disband one team, you'll replace them with another one. I just hope that the tag team division doesn't start to go down hill again.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbit View Post
    I concur. This is a valid point. Because there aren't that many legitimate male tag teams in the WWE to begin with. And the Bella Twins are advocating for there to be Women's tag team titles. Really? Good luck with that.

Does anybody still believe that the tag team division will be revitalized by Hunter?
    Only if he brings back Mr. Jim Cornette

I hope not. Sad to say but neither guy is going to go on to win a big title any time soon, so keep them together. I believe it keeps wwe a lot stronger to have as many tag teams as possible and really make the tag titles mean something. They can't do that if they break up every tag team that comes along.

Ah Screw it

Right. I'd rather they turn the team face(although i dunno how you'd turn Zeb face at this point) and appease the crowd being behind Cesaro than disband a team that has the opportunity to really help the division as a whole. There's talent in that team. Cesaro has plenty of time before he needs to go solo for a major run, and that scene is pretty tied up at the moment anyway.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Coo Like Dat View Post
    I agree. Its why I like the Usos and Colon boys.
    I'd like both of those teams more if their gimmick wasn't SAMOAN BROTHERS and MEXICAN BROTHERS. Just because they are a tag team doesn't mean they don't need character depth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DX Warrior View Post
    Tag teams that can work
    Mason Ryan / wade Barrett
    The miz / ziggler
    Santino / fandango (goofball & mr serious)
    Mark Henry / big show
    Mysterio/ sin cara
    None of those teams turn me on in the slightest. My copy of WWE2K14 has a way better tag line up.

Thread Information