Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cena vs. Taker at Mania: Why won't it happen?

Default Cena vs. Taker at Mania: Why won't it happen?

I mentioned this match idea as a dream match a long, long time ago. After a few years, I've come to terms with the likelihood that John Cena won't ever go one-on-one with the Undertaker on the biggest stage of them all in sports-entertainment.

I've accepted that it won't happen. Why I'm still having an issue with is WHY.

Why are so many of us convinced that WWE won't ever book this match? What's stopping them from doing it?

This may be stretching, but I think this match might be the closest thing WWE has ever had or ever will have to Hogan/Andre at Wrestlemania III...and they won't do it.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they are sitting on, in my opinion, the ultimate wrestling gold mine.

What do you think? Why is it so certain that WWE will never put John Cena and the Undertaker in a match against one another at Wrestlemania?
    Spoiler

Knows he isn't welcome

Default Re: Cena vs. Taker at Mania: Why won't it happen?

Don't worry, I'm super sure they will do it next year!

Unless a former Mega Star returns again and wishes to fight Taker or Cena, but the year after that...!

You know what, it makes more sense if they wait till Mania 35, I'm sure it can be done!
    That's all, folks.

I'm 99% sure that they're keeping it in reserve for when Undertaker decides the time has come to hang up his boots.

I think the reason is that they're waiting until Taker is sure he's done.

Whether or not that's a good reason is certainly up for debate, and I tend to lean towards not.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Probably has something to do with Taker feeling Cena's middle-school fashion sense breaks the dress code and disrespects the business.

They're saving it for Wrestlemania 32. Its the only way to sell out Cowboy Stadium.

If they're saving it until Taker is sure that he's done that could be Ganesha knows when.

Undertaker could keep coming back for his annual payday for as long as he wants. It's hard to think that he'll turn it down, especially when he probably knows WWE will keep begging him to come back.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    If they're saving it until Taker is sure that he's done that could be Ganesha knows when.
    Or he could get injured, and it could be one injury too many for him to keep going.

The man has two artificial hips.

If they make it to 32 with his health still intact, then they're lucky, but I'm not sure that I would take that chance.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Maybe this is misplaced, but 'Taker strikes me as the kinda dude not to overstay his welcome. I feel like if he thinks he couldn't go anymore (and I mean, go on the 'Mania stage, obviously), then I think he'd have no issue walking away. As it stands, I think he can still go. Hopefully long enough to make it to Cena.

I don't have much to add other than this has been one of my dream matches and I am also a bit puzzled why it hasn't happened. Any chance Cena and Taker just don't like each other?

Both Cena and Taker are just an injury away from the match never happening.

This is just me being way over optimistic, however there is a small chance it could happen for Wrestlemania 30. If the WWE decides it wants to stick with Batista/Orton, and Bryan/HHH, they may feel that they need one more big time match, leaving Cena vs. Taker.

Cena vs. Wyatt at Wrestlemania does nothing for me. It may turn out to be a great match, however it seems like a match better suited for Summerslam.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

I don't believe for a second that it will happen this year, as much as it makes total sense.

I think they'll do Batista/Lesnar and Taker/Orton before they do Taker/Cena.

Bender

This Cena vs Taker mania fetish still baffles me.. I can play out in my head exactly how it's going to go down and the predictability of it all just doesn't interest me..

And no john cena doesn't have a chance in hell of breaking the streak nobody is going too. .I gaurntee you he will retire with it intact or I will eat my own hat..

Banned

This match will never happen. Cena was already passed one pointless torch by the Rock. Cena can't use the rub and Taker losing means jack shit unless the guy beating him can get some heat out of it. Not a lot of guys on the roster who could even use a rub like that at this point. Maybe Dean Ambrose in a year. And it would be a long fucking year building to a spot like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    This Cena vs Taker mania fetish still baffles me.. I can play out in my head exactly how it's going to go down and the predictability of it all just doesn't interest me..

And no john cena doesn't have a chance in hell of breaking the streak nobody is going too. .I gaurntee you he will retire with it intact or I will eat my own hat..
    I get what you are saying, however couldn't this be said for most Taker matches. There is no one else on the roster that has a chance of breaking the Streak, Cena is the only guy with a tiny tiny chance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Any chance Cena and Taker just don't like each other?
    Remember when people used to speculate about backstage heat being the reason Taker vs Triple H kept getting put off and avoided?

Good times.

Same for Taker and HBK and look what happened....

Saving it for the Dead Man's Last Ride.

My guess is WM 32, so not expecting it next year either.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Cena vs. Undertaker deserves a long build up, heck maybe even a full year. I feel like 32 might be the year. I hope Cena takes a long leave of absence before this match happens for his own good.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I love how everyone says "oh it'll happen at WM 32", like that shit's just right around the corner.

Wrestlemania 32, a whole two years away from now is a loooooooooooooong ways away, and Taker is north of 50 already isn't he?

Who knows how many injuries Cena can sustain within that time too.

Besides, will the fans even care about this match as much then, I'm not so sure, I mean Taker barely exists to alot of younger fans right now as it is.

And are we really supposed to sit through two more pointless streak matches until then?

I dunno, but this has become the Meyweather/Pacquiao (SP) or the Dr. Dre Detox album, of the WWE.

I doubt we'll ever see it, and if not this year I don't think we ever really need to.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

I was thinking about the Hogan/Andre analogy the other day, and I think that The Undertaker vs John Cena would actually be the match to finally surpass that. It's the 30th anniversary of the biggest show of the year, and this is the one match that needs to happen. Even if Cena loses, then at least we can say we saw it and this rumour can finally rest in peace (pun intended).

But I remember watching one of the WrestleMania specials, in which Cena said that he would "never touch the streak", so maybe he doesn't want the match? And as far as Undertaker not being the kind of guy to overstay his welcome, he's found the loophole where he can stay in the business, wrestling just once a year. But he's deserved it.

Think about this:

Cena/Taker
    HHH/Bryan
    Batista/Lesnar

How is that not an amazing WrestleMania XXX?

My speculation: It will happen at WM 32.

WM 30 = Taker/Lesnar
    WM 31 = Taker/Sting
    WM 32 = Taker/Cena

The streak never gets broken. I'd be good with this scenario.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steeda90GT View Post
    My speculation: It will happen at WM 32.

WM 30 = Taker/Lesnar
    WM 31 = Taker/Sting
    WM 32 = Taker/Cena

The streak never gets broken. I'd be good with this scenario.
    I'd say if it goes to 24 - 0, it will make it to 25. If Taker's last Mania opponent is John Cena at almost 40, I could see it happening. Winning or losing won't matter to either men at that point. Just like the HBK matches.

I don't know for what reason,but Vince has never put his top guy against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.Taker has wrestled Hogan,Austin and The Rock when they were the top names of the WWE,but never at WM.Same deal with Cena,who has been the face of the company for the last decade.Coincidence?

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

Hey maybe the WWE is finally being smart and will use someone breaking Takers streak as a way to solidify someone new in the main event scene. They can do Taker vs. Cena but I hope to god they don't use such a rub on someone already so established as Cena. I'd rather not have the match at all than watch Cena break the streak.

I would only want to see this match if John Cena is a heel.
    I don't want cena to come out every week and talk about how much he respects taker.
    This is what I want!
    I want Cena to have six months of being one of the baddest heels in business. And once it hits late February I want John to cut a promo and say he has no one else to face and that. he is done! But then suddenly the dong hits!
    The fans go fucking crazy!

We will then have one of the biggest matches ever in mania history.

Thread Information