Thread: How would you book Daniel Bryan en route to Wrestlemania?

Default How would you book Daniel Bryan en route to Wrestlemania?

Hello everyone, this is my first post here on the forums. I've been lurking for a bit, just reading and things, but never had anything to add, until now.

I want to take this from the aspect that EVERYONE in WWE is currently available for Wrestlemania. There are no limits as far as the Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, or anyone else, let's just assume they're available to work a full schedule from now until Mania... What would you do with the Daniel Bryan situation....

I would have Bryan go into the elimination chamber and lose. I would have him make it to the end with whomever they designate as the next #1 contender, and have him lose clean, BUT have it be one of those performances that really makes the fans go nuts. Ala Austin/Hart from WM13. He needs one of those types of performances where he can say "I was THIS close, I almost had it, and it makes me want it even more."

Coming off of that loss obviously he won't be challenging for the world title at Mania, so he's available for a different main event spot. Why not have Daniel Bryan be the guy to finally end the streak...? I know I know, the streak is bigger than Wrestlemania. It's bigger than the world title. The Undertaker and who he competes against is basically what the draft is to the NFL but only to wrestling fans. We wait on pins and needles to see what's going to happen and who Taker will face at Mania. To me Daniel Bryan is the most qualified guy to come around in a long while. He's in a much better spot than CM Punk was last year, and HHH, HBK, and Batista before him.

I often thought that whomever did end the streak, the fans would crucify them, but I don't think it's the case with Bryan. I think if he beats the Undertaker it will catipult him into that realm of stardom we don't often see. Kind of how Austin became Austin after WM13, Daniel Bryan could be the next great superstar if he beats the streak.

The match would be easy to book, DB loses at the chamber, doesn't get a shot at the title, comes back on Raw and says "some people say I proved a lot last night, but when I look inward, and I have to evaulate myself as a man, and as a superstar, I just don't see what you all see. I have a lot left to prove to myself, I have to prove to myself that I deserve to walk the same aisle as Ric Flair, and Shawn Michaels. I have to prove that I deserve to compete in this same ring as Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero. I have to prove to myself that I deserve the opportunity to entertain the same fans, the same members of the WWE universe as.... The Undertaker.... Undertaker at Wrestlemania, I'm calling you out, I want a crack at you, at your streak, and at a little piece of your immortality. It's not about vengance, it's not about a rivalry, it's about you being the greatest competitor in the history of Wrestlemania, and me needing to show the world that I am everything they think I am and I have claimed to be. I respect you Undertaker, how could I not? Your resume speaks for itself, but I'm here, I'm hungry, and I'm ready to beat you, and end your streak."

Do all the usual Undertaker/graveyard stuff, fast forward to mania, they do a solid half hour, DB wins, even if it's not a totally clean win, even if it's on a roll up, or something like that (I wouldn't want to see undertaker tap to the Yes Lock).

This would be an amazing happening to me. What would you guys do?

Default Re: How would you book Daniel Bryan en route to Wrestlemania?

I'd probably go with a WM30 pre show match between Daniel Bryan and Curtis Axel.

Banned

DB should walk out in protest as well.

Elimination Chamber: Daniel Bryan gets screwed out of the championship by Triple H and Sheamus.

RAW 4 weeks before WM: Daniel faces Sheamus in the main event, and once again gets screwed out of the victory by Triple H. Before going off the air, Brad Maddox hands Triple H a piece of paper. Brad announces that Mr. McMahon will be at RAW next week.

RAW 3 weeks before WM: Mr. McMahon announces that Daniel Bryan will Sheamus tonight. And if Bryan wins this time, or if Triple H, or anyone else interferes, Bryan get to have a chance of a lifetime at Wrestlemania. First, he will go one on one with Triple H. And if Bryan wins that match, he will take on the winner of the Orton/Batista match at the end of the night for the WWE World's Championship. And, if anyone interferes on Triple H's behalf, they will be fired.

Wrestlemania: Daniel beats Triple H in a 25 minute encounter to end the first hour of the show. Batista beats Randy Orton to win the WWE World's Heavyweight Championship at the 2 hour mark of the show. Setting up an huge main event to end Wrestlemania. In another 25 minute match, and after 2 running knees to Batista, Daniel Bryan emerges victorious, winning the WWE World's Championship. And over 75,000 fans chant "YES!" in unison as the show fades to black.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Defeat Orton at Elimination Chamber and defeat Batista at WrestleMania.
    It's showtime, folks!

It should be simple and obvious but unfortunately the powers that be don't see it. They're shoving Orton down our throats and have been for several months. If I'm booking the rest of the way...

I'd have DB win the Chamber over Orton (w/ Cena being eliminated by interference somehow from Bray) only to have HHH come out immediately and strip the title away due to some kind of technicality. Then have it vacated.

Next night on Raw I have HHH come out and say that with the win DB has at least earned his spot in the title match at Mania IF he can get past him earlier in the night. To be fair, he'd have Batista also competing afterwards to ensure he had the same challenge in front of him.

However, if DB is to lose to HHH then the match Batista is slated for will become the actual title match. If Bryan is to get passed HHH then the person set to face Batista will get their title shot on Raw the next night regardless of a win or a loss against Batista. Regardless of a win or loss, Batista will advance to the main event to get his shot at the title he earned at the Rumble. His opponent is Brock Lesnar.

This is just like Mania 10, where Bret was guaranteed a spot regardless of a loss to his brother Owen, and the opposite for Yoko/Luger.

So my main matches end up like:

D.Bryan vs HHH
    Batista vs Brock
    Orton vs Jericho (or Sheamus)
    B.Wyatt vs Cena
    Sting vs Undertaker
    Batista vs D.Bryan

You guys need to remember that the WWE goes on after Wrestlemania. If they take Orton & Batista out of the ME picture by WM...then what's the ongoing story-arc? DB has basically Cena and Lesnar and that's it.

So...assuming I can't go back in time and change RAW, and that Punk is gone through WM at the earliest...

At Elimination Chamber, it comes down to Cena, Bryan, and Orton. Bray Wyatt finds a way in and beats down both Cena & Bryan, with Cena getting eliminated and then taking the fight to the Wyatt Family and dragging Bray out. Bryan lays Orton out with the running knee, then HHH shows up, sledgehammers Bryan, Orton gets the pin.

Next night on RAW, a fuming Bryan comes out during Orton's "Celebration" segment, and gets into HHH's face about why he interfered. HHH loses his cool and tells Bryan that "No B+ superstar will EVER be the face of this company, the champion, while he is COO. You, Daniel Bryan, unlike me, are a B+ superstar." They go back and forth, and Bryan finally yells back "I am NOT a B+ Superstar. I SHOULD be champion. I beat John Cena clean at Summerslam. I've had Orton beat multiple times, but you've always gotten in the way. Instead of letting the best superstar be the champion, you have one teacher's pet fighting another teacher's pet at Wrestlemania. Enough is enough; you want to me to prove it? Fine. You and me, Wrestlemania. If you win, I'll never ask for a title shot as long as you are COO. When I win, when I prove I am an "A" superstar, I get a title shot at Extreme Rules, in MY town." HHH agrees, and we're off and running. Meanwhile, Batista gets the approval of The Authority (BTW, I'm convinced Batista is already a heel, as Steph & HHH have literally and figuratively already embraced him) to face Orton for the title. So your WM main event card is

Championship Match: Orton (heel) vs Batista (heel) - the crowd is now encouraged to crap on the match

HHH vs Bryan - if Bryan wins, he gets a title shot at Extreme Rules, if he loses, he cannot get a title shot while HHH is the COO unless he wins MitB (leave open loopholes for Bryan, to further push the possibility that HHH might win after all in fans' eyes)

Lesnar vs Undertaker

Wyatt vs Cena

Reigns vs Big E Langston vs Sheamus vs Ambrose - US & IC Title Unification Bout

Bryan beats HHH, gets his match against Batista at Extreme Rules in Seattle, beats Batista to claim the belt. Batista beats Orton on the RAW after WM to get rid of Orton's rematch clause.

Batista gets his rematch at Payback vs Bryan in a no DQ match. HHH interferes, sets up Batista to win, and then Cult of Personality goes off, Punk charges in through the crowd, lays out HHH, Bryan hits Batista with the running knee for the win, Chicago goes berserk. If you want to keep this going further, have Orton get a title shot at Bryan for MitB, Lesnar for Battleground, and cap it with Cena vs Bryan at Summerslam. You also have Reigns potentially waiting in the wings (though I think he's going to end up as a babyface) as well as Punk.

Don't be afraid to do face vs face matches with Bryan - Cena vs Bryan was face vs face, and it was one of the best matches (and my MOTY) last year.

Did I mention that Payback is in Chicago?
    You understand the point is for faces to be cool, and heels to be jackasses we hate, right? Because I feel like a large portion of the IWC doesn't actually ever understand that.

Daniel Bryan can not get a gig for the wwe title as it may look as Batista vs lesnar.
    So what has he left but try to end the streak of the undertaker.
    As for Orton I would love to see a Orton/cena mega heel tag team anti hero mega powers.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Anything other than Bryan fighting for the title at Mania, is a giant fail.

Pro wrestling isn't a real sport, it is and always has been a glorified popularity contest dressed as a sports entertainment show, and at this time the most popular entertainer is Bryan.

So it makes no sense for the most popular star to not be featured in the main event of the biggest show of the year.

There is no reason, no good reason that Batista and Orton should be booked in the main event over Bryan, when I would doubt that either of them are even in the top 5 maybe even 10 most popular stars in the company right now.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Anything other than Bryan fighting for the title at Mania, is a giant fail.
    Totally disagree with this. Bryan/HHH is a naturally told story. He's already won the title multiple times, proving he can do that. Him beating HHH is a more personal story than him getting shoehorned into a story with Randy Orton and Batista.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Either of those 2 outcomes are fine but i've gotta say that i'm definitely leaning more towards the HHH match being better for Bryan overall. It's new territory for him and given all of HHH's little jabs in the promos it just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

He should have been fighting for the title after winning the rumble but obviously that's not happening

Best thing now is to still get into the title match either as champ or another challenger

HHH can fuck off, Bryan deserves better than having that egomaniac steal his spotlight to desperately further his own legacy again

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

- Bryan gets screwed out of winning the EC by getting Brogue Kicked by an eliminated Sheamus (Bryan would have eliminated Sheamus)
    - The next night Bryan accuses HHH of being in on it with Sheamus
    - More build up between Bryan and HHH; Bryan demands a match with HHH at WM
    - HHH says Bryan must defeat Sheamus in order to get that match
    - Bryan defeats Sheamus on a hyped up RAW episode
    - HHH says if Bryan defeats him at WM he will become the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship; if Bryan loses he will never get another shot at the title
    - Bryan defeats HHH at WM
    - Bryan then wins the title at Extreme Rules (Seattle, WA) against Batista

Triple H would be the best feud as it makes the most sense and the buildup would be the best...

I actually fear for the batista vs orton feud as I think the promos and buildup will be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    Triple H would be the best feud as it makes the most sense and the buildup would be the best...

I actually fear for the batista vs orton feud as I think the promos and buildup will be terrible.
    Yep batista doesn't look that Sharpe on the stick.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    He should have been fighting for the title after winning the rumble but obviously that's not happening

Best thing now is to still get into the title match either as champ or another challenger

HHH can fuck off, Bryan deserves better than having that egomaniac steal his spotlight to desperately further his own legacy again
    I have to ask. With the events of the last week do you honestly HHH would beat Bryan if they went to Mania? As i've said on quite a few occasions now, the HHH/Bryan storyline just works, it all just clicks into place.

From HHH's "I only fight stars line" to telling Bryan that he's just a B+ player. What better way to prove him wrong then doing something he's never done before. HHH in this role obviously thinks he's an A+ player so if he loses to Bryan he's forced to acknowledge that he was wrong.

Bryan has technically been champion before and he will again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Thread Information