Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New leading candiate to face Taker at WM 30 *Potential Spoiler*

Default New leading candiate to face Taker at WM 30 *Potential Spoiler*

Extensive Update On The Leading Candidate To Challenge The Undertaker For “The Streak” At Wrestlemania XXX – No Longer Brock Lesnar
    JANUARY 22, 2014 BY RICHARD GRAY

The card for Wrestlemania XXX remains up in the air headed into Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view, mainly because The Undertaker still hasn’t committed to a singles match against Brock Lesnar.

There was some cha. free er last week about Undertaker possibly facing Daniel Bryan and as of this week, that match is starting to look more likely. This is also part of the reason why WWE has “sped up” Bryan’s program with Bray Wyatt.

As we’ve previously reported, the program between Bryan and The Wyatt Family was scheduled to go through Wrestlemania, however, with Bryan emerging as the lead contender to face Undertaker, that angle has to be blown off before the pay-per-view this spring. By all accounts Undertaker plans to work Wrestlemania, he’s just concerned about a match with Brock Lesnar.

Undertaker feels he wouldn’t be able to accommodate Lesnar’s more physical style (in part due to two artificial hips) and the bout would be limited. However, we’re told Undertaker feels Bryan can work around his limitations and get a “great match out of him” whereas a bout against Lesnar would not be as much of a sure thing.
    This would explain why Bryan isn't in the Rumble.

Default Re: New leading candiate to face Taker at WM 30 *Potential Spoiler*

They're a bit late...we had the Bryan/Taker reports a few weeks ago.

I'd prefer Bryan in the WWE title match or against The Authority though tbh. A Taker match at this point doesn't really make any sense and I don't think it's the best thing for Bryan at this point.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

The match doesn't really make sense since Bryan is face. Would seem rather thrown together.

But whatever, I'm willing to look past that because this is a match I thought I'd never see. Plus it would be a fantastic match guaranteed.

John Cena is still who I want but Bryan would be a good alternative.
    Credit: Bender

If Undertaker can't hang with Lesnar then he needs to call it quits.
    It's showtime, folks!

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a great idea. Hope it's not true.

I think this pretty much confirms that HBK declined to come back for one more match against Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I think this pretty much confirms that HBK declined to come back for one more match against Bryan.
    I WILL NOT give up hope. I'll keep this banner going strong through Wrestlemania season until it is painfully obvious that he's not coming back. Please Shawn.
    Credit: Bender

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Why oh why would they waste Daniel Bryan in the 'Old Fart' match be it Undertaker or the Heartburn Middle Aged Kid?

Match with taker? it's a huge push but Bryan needs to go over in this Mania' and that's never gonna happen againts Taker.
    As much as I would love to see this match, not this year, Bryan needs a different program where he imerges on top.

that sounds awful. Don't care for Daniel bryan or Undertakers predictable wrestlemania fueds, But then again it would combine all the suck together instead of spreading it out to 2 different matches.

i know takers banged up but when in the fuck did he get TWO artificial hips??!! i didnt even know of a FIRST!!!
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Wounder how they will set this up sense Taker's not a heel this might actually take some of Bryan's momentum since anyone taking on Taker's streak seems to be a heel. Seems like a hard feud to book.

Oh for fucks sake, just book Cena and Taker, let Cena break the streak and retire the Deadman.

I also think this saving Cena for Taker's last match theory is just hindering WM cards too. If anything the match SHOULD happen this year at the latest.

Save Taker's last match with someone he can give the rub going out(he wouldn't even have to lose). That young star will be remembered for eternity as the man who had Taker's last match.

Cena vs. Taker makes the most sense and even the fan without a trained eye sees there is an obvious avoidance of the match.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Awesome to see DB fans actually bitching about a possible UT/DB match. This could be the last match Taker ever has, DB might actually win this one. Especially Face DB on the path he's on right now.

Although I think Taker/Bryan would be a great match, they need to just do Cena vs. Taker this year. If Taker is this banged up who knows if he will even make it to next years Mania especially after another match this year, possibly against Lesnar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Cena vs. Taker makes the most sense and even the fan without a trained eye sees there is an obvious avoidance of the match.
    Really? Does our ilk really speak to many such fans?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-enation View Post
    Match with taker? it's a huge push but Bryan needs to go over in this Mania' and that's never gonna happen againts Taker.
    As much as I would love to see this match, not this year, Bryan needs a different program where he imerges on top.
    What happens if he doesn't win? Will people stop liking him? Will his tshirts stop selling? Will people forget how to scream one word catch phrases when they see him?

Been saying this for a while. Taker's tank is running on emprty with his health history. I posted a limited injury report of his a couple weeks back. It's time. Taker Vs. Cena. Last match for one of my favorite characters.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Bryan v Taker can't happen as one of them needs to be a heel, we can't have a face v face match.

We want Cena v Taker, as that will be a good match. (face v face & no.... CENA WILL NEVER TURN HEEL).
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Really? Does our ilk really speak to many such fans?
    That's the thing even a casual fan knows this match is not happening due to politics(Why in the world is Cena the top dog for all these years not facing UT who never loses at Mania?). It was like Hogan vs. Andre in the 80's. Everybody knew Hogan and Andre didn't fight because it was a conflict of interest until 1987 with the heel turn.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    That's the thing even a casual fan knows this match is not happening due to politics
    Who are these casual fans you're speaking to who have such knowledge of backstage politics?

I refuse to believe any of us are authorities on the casual fan.

Bryan vs Taker?

NO NO NO

HHH cuts a promo on Bryan as he's in the ring about not being good enough. Taker's music hits, he comes out and stares down HHH. Hunter prepares for the impending challenge from Taker but Taker walks past him and stands in front of Bryan and points at the WrestleMania 30 sign,looks down at Bryan and does the throat slash. Roof literally blows off the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRassler View Post
    HHH cuts a promo on Bryan as he's in the ring about not being good enough. Taker's music hits, he comes out and stares down HHH. Hunter prepares for the impending challenge from Taker but Taker walks past him and stands in front of Bryan and points at the WrestleMania 30 sign,looks down at Bryan and does the throat slash. Roof literally blows off the arena.
    That's not a bad idea, but Triple H is done feuding with Bryan. Perhaps we can replace Triple H with Bray Wyatt instead. That way we can get some Taker/Bryan vs. Wyatt's tag team action, and the predictable thing happens: Bryan knocks Taker off the apron and they start their build to WM 30.

Thread Information