Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Jake Roberts back on the crack pipe?

Banned

Default Is Jake Roberts back on the crack pipe?

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10035386.shtml

Ultimate Warrior took to Twitter to respond after Jake Roberts told the Busted Open radio show that "maybe they're taking in assholes and not great talent." Warrior responded by writing: "Question for former talents now 'hypocrite' born-again Christians. Where do we go to find you practicing the beliefs of Christianity? One a-hole instills honor and pride. The other horror and pity. One grows wise on great stories. One reads bathroom stalls and still grovels."

I mean common Jake held Vince up for his release at WM 8 and said he would not show up if he wasn't granted it. ALso Warrior is still in great shape and drew way more money than Roberts ever did. Also Warrior could easly kick his ass. I am a big Jake Roberts fan but what was he thinking>

Default Re: Is Jake Roberts back on the crack pipe?

No, just a lot of the old timers don't like Warrior and don't think he's deserving of a HOF place apparently
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I see no indication that Jake is on the crack pipe. As much as I love both Warrior and Jake, I can see why a lot of people don't like them Jakes life has just been an absolute train wreck and Warrior has been very vocal and critical of people in his web videos.

Before everybody starts shitting on Jake, he had this to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Roberts, Twitter
    My guys showed me Warrior’s tweets. I was trying to be entertaining with the radio show and took things too far, like I do too often. I have no business inferring anything negative about him. I apologize. He deserves the HOF and respect for what he accomplished in the business. But let me be clear. There is no hypocrisy here. I am not preaching anything. I am sharing my recovery path to show others what is possible. So no pity, bathrooms stalls or groveling. I am doing great. I am an addict and alcoholic working every single day to repair and make the best out of the life I have left. I make mistakes, like that comment, but my recovery has been amazing. Jim does not know this Jake. Without realizing or intending to, I fired the first shot and will take Jim’s response without any negativity towards him. I apologize and am putting behind me.
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlinginc.com
    - As noted yesterday, Jake Roberts issued an apology to The Ultimate Warrior for previous comments he made in an interview. Warrior has not replied as of this writing but Warrior's official representative, Steve Wilton, tweeted the following to Jake:
    "@JakeSnakeDDT More likely you let your guard down and the real Jake surfaced. Smart business move as usual. Your whole act is a scam."

Good little WWE Sheep SensesFailed's Avatar

Well, seems like Warrior likes to have his "official representative" be the asshole...

Jake screwed up, apologized for it. Jake has had a lot of problem in his life and is finally getting his life together again. He made a mistake and apologized and it seems like someone apparently doesn't like it. Now whether or not this Steve Wilton is speaking his own mind or that of Jim, is another story that no one but one of those two can verify.

And sine the OP brought it up, even on his DVD Jake said he would have still gone out and wrestled even if they said no the release. But Jake also has admitted that he should never have done that and it's not something he is proud of for doing. At least Jake owned up to his mistakes.

Everyone knows Warrior is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    This is just awful. Someone else said this in another thread, however if Jake goes into the HOF this year I would prefer him to headline over the Ultimate Warrior.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

And this is why you don't let cunts in the Hall of Fame.

Fuck Warrior and his representative. Have the balls to talk on your own behalf instead of giving yourself plausible deniability. At least Jake is who he is and when he fucks up, mans up. You make your lackey man up in your place. I hate that shit.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Banned

Every one I know who had met him days he is a nice guy and will talk to anyone
    Last edited by spladle125; 01-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    This is just awful. Someone else said this in another thread, however if Jake goes into the HOF this year I would prefer him to headline over the Ultimate Warrior.
    Warrior was a far bigger name than Roberts. The only things that could bump Warrior from the top spot this year would be Savage or Taker doing a speech for Bearer.

Also, at Warrior's rep. Dude needs to stop tipping back rocket fuel with his client.

Banned

Many if the older guys are jealous of warrior do yo his spot. Everyone wanted to be the guy to go over hogan clean. That's why all the hate. Also warrior kept to him self other than savage because they were not involved with everyone else due to all the drugs back in the day while warrior was a straight edge type

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Warrior was a far bigger name than Roberts. The only things that could bump Warrior from the top spot this year would be Savage or Taker doing a speech for Bearer.

Also, at Warrior's rep. Dude needs to stop tipping back rocket fuel with his client.
    Yes I know, I followed Warrior in his prime, however I was just coming from a personal preference level. Honestly speaking, I may fast forward through Warrior's induction.

If you watch Jakes DVD you would probably understand why he has/had a problem with Warrior. Apparently Warrior was a real asshole to Jake back then, Jake had to even ask permission from Warrior to feud with him. Either way Jake said he was sorry and that was really good of him. The old Jake on the crack pipe would never have done that.
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5440/smurfj.png

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Yes I know, I followed Warrior in his prime, however I was just coming from a personal preference level. Honestly speaking, I may fast forward through Warrior's induction.
    How you gunna miss Ultimate Warriors speech? It has this vibe to it that he's going to go insane and preach some crazy shit. It's something that I know I can't wait to see for comedy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    Many if the older guys are jealous of warrior do yo his spot. Everyone wanted to be the guy to go over hogan clean. That's why all the hate. Also warrior kept to him self other than savage because they were not involved with everyone else due to all the drugs back in the day while warrior was a straight edge type
    Can you say for certain that it was just them being "jealous"? Maybe they just didn't like the guy. Just because you might slam a guy doesn't mean you are jealous of him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    How you gunna miss Ultimate Warriors speech? It has this vibe to it that he's going to go insane and preach some crazy shit. It's something that I know I can't wait to see for comedy relief.
    Fair point, depends what kind of mood I am in. I was a big Warrior fan as a kid and then after all the coming and going, and then stupid rants I just kind of gave up on him.

'I accept this HOF cause the rockets called me and streaked across the heavens and the ground shook and then mountains errupted. The gods hammered my breakfast cereal into the valley and I jumped into the devils fork when garrrrr!!!! And I felt the ground move while the eclipse was exploding when a voice shouted Your Warriors need you!!! And I responded that the toast was burned so I saw the lightning and tue thunder rolled when my milk poured into the vessel I call Tartarus!!!! Thank you..."

*Clap...clap..."wtf was that?"
    "I dunno, but it had to be awesome."
    *Standing ovation*
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    Maybe they just hated him because he was a cunt?

Quote Originally Posted by HORRORHOLIC View Post
    If you watch Jakes DVD you would probably understand why he has/had a problem with Warrior. Apparently Warrior was a real asshole to Jake back then, Jake had to even ask permission from Warrior to feud with him. Either way Jake said he was sorry and that was really good of him. The old Jake on the crack pipe would never have done that.
    That's what I figured too and agree.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I like both of these guys, but cmon Jake. You're nearly sixty years old (allegedly sober) and still having to apologize for your fuck ups in the media? He was an awesome character on screen, but a screw up in real life.

The difference between Warrior HOF and Jake HOF is that WWE had to practically beg Warrior to do it for years...despite releasing a burial DVD on his career. Despite Jake wanting to go in, WWE has yet to let him in. Now as a Jake fan, I wanna see him in this year...and even that royal rumble appearance he's been begging to do, but Warrior will headline over him no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeda90GT View Post
    I like both of these guys, but cmon Jake. You're nearly sixty years old (allegedly sober) and still having to apologize for your fuck ups in the media? He was an awesome character on screen, but a screw up in real life.

The difference between Warrior HOF and Jake HOF is that WWE had to practically beg Warrior to do it for years...despite releasing a burial DVD on his career. Despite Jake wanting to go in, WWE has yet to let him in. Now as a Jake fan, I wanna see him in this year...and even that royal rumble appearance he's been begging to do, but Warrior will headline over him no questions asked.
    Allegedly? Do you not know the stipulations put in place by DDP for Jake to help him?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
    Everyone knows Warrior is an asshole.
    Yep. It's a pretty good rule of thumb that anyone who has to brag about themselves and does so in the third person is probably an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Allegedly? Do you not know the stipulations put in place by DDP for Jake to help him?
    Yes, I've been following it. Jake fucked up a few times, and got back on track. He says that he's tempted every single day.

Thread Information