Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Wrestlemania XXX card - and we will keep track of who comes closest.

Default Predict the Wrestlemania XXX card - and we will keep track of who comes closest.

Hi everyone, this is a thread we have done in the past so thought I would give it a try this year. Yes, it's another "predict the WM card thread" however the difference with this one is that we will actually keep track of who comes closest to guessing the card. Here are the rules;

-1 point for each match you guess correctly
    -2 points for correctly predicting the Undertaker's opponent(s)
    -3 points for correctly predicting the main event (what ever match goes on last)
    -you are welcome to predict up to two interactions/situations - This can be anything from someone coming down and interrupting a superstar, cutting a promo, a dance off, a brawl etc. Some examples include the Rock and Austin meeting face to face again back stage at WM 27, a Piper's Pit, Brodus Clay's dance off, etc. - these will be worth a point each
    - you are welcome to predict up to two face or heel turns, or team split ups - these will be worth a point each

You can list as many matches as you like, just remember to predict matches you actually think are going to happen, not necessarily what you want to happen.

Deadline is prior to the Royale Rumble match starting.

As soon as the entire Wrestlemania XXX card is confirmed, the winner of this thread will be announced.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Default Re: Predict the Wrestlemania XXX card - and we will keep track of who comes closest.

The Buck 3 Stud has presented this as a part of another thread, and I am standing by my decisions.
    I have also included commentary and my thought process where possible.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Orton (c) vs. CM Punk

Punk wins the Royal Rumble, and the storyline on The Road to Wrestlemania highlights the contrast between Punk's career journey vs. Orton's career journey (they'll keep playing up the "Orton has been handed everything" angle)
    Also, this will be the last match of the nite and it will also be presented as CM Punk realizing his lifelong dream of being in the "main event" at Wrestlemania, although smart fans like you and me will know that there are more intriguing matches on the card like....

John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan
    The story here is if Hogan has one more match left in him...
    The answer is yes.
    Make the match this year before Hogan gets any older and before Hogan burns his other hand on the radiator of his boat, brother!

Depending on how the match is recieved by the crowd, and how Hogan feels afterwards, they may do a rematch at Xtreme Rules in a Yapapi Indian Strap Match

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman
    The streak is on the line as they finally go through with the tease that 'Taker and Brock had after one of Brock's UFC fights years ago.
    Anybody who is concerned that 'Taker can't take Brock's style should look at how The Shield powerbombed 'Taker through a table last year, and also look at the zillion chair shots that HHH gave 'Taker at WM 28.

'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan
    Shawn is not done teaching him a lesson.

HHH vs. The Big Show
    Because you have to have HHH on the card, and Vince is still stuck in 1981 where he sees Big Show as an Andre-The-Giant-like "attraction". The casual WrestleMania fan can ooh and ahh when Big Show comes to the ring!
    Also, look for Kane to interfere in this match because you have to throw Kane in there to promote his new movie.

WWE Divas Championship
    Brie Bella (c) vs. Nikki Bella
    AJ Lee gets scewed over royally, but you have to have the Bella Twins fight each other at WrestleMania as this match alone will write 2 episodes of the reality series 'Total Divas' on E!
    Brie gets the win when Nikki slips on the co-habitation agreement that John Cena made her sign.

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
    The split of The Shield finally goes down at WM 30!!!
    Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns get into an argument and then an altercation where they fight all the way to the backstage area. Dean and Roman leave the other Shield guy to fend for himself and The Wyatt's pick up an easy win.

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

A well deserved WrestleMania spot for two very deserving performers.

Pre-Show - 2 matches!!!

Intercontinental Championship Match (I'm assuming the IC and US Titles will be unified by WM XXX, and will just be called the IC Title because of its longer history w/ WWE.)
    Big E Langston (c) vs. Wade Barrett

Who ever wins this match will lose the rematch the next nite on Raw

WM Battle Royal
    Cluster Fuck Battle Royal won by Fandango

Celebrity Involvement
    Of course, some shilling for WWE Network with the cast of Legends House getting into some hijinx with Santino Marella.

LeSean McCoy of the Philadephia Eagles, Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers, and Ric Flair each with replica Big Gold Belts in a backstage segment that ends in the three of them awkwardly "wooooing" at each other.

Maria Menunous will be there.

And to sing "America The Beautiful", WWE will try very hard to get Miley Cyrus. WWE will fail, and in Miley's place will get a 2nd tier pop star like Demi Lovato or some shit like that.

Notice how the Buck 3 Stud's projected Wrestlemania XXX card does not feature Batista.
    Batista will be injured by the time of WM XXX.

Default Re: Predict the Wrestlemania XXX card - and we will keep track of who comes closest.

Awesome Buck 3, thanks for getting this started!

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

The Main Event
    Royal Rumble Winner "The People's Choice" Daniel Bryan vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion "The Beast Incarnate" Brock Lesnar

Naomi vs. WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee

The Biggest Streak Match of All Time
    John Cena vs. The Undertaker

Randy Orton vs. Batista

CM Punk vs. Triple H

-Hulk Hogan and Real Americans Shenanigans-

The Usos vs. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Age Outlaws

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield

Unified Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston vs Ryback

-Bad News Barrett interrupted and beaten up by Ultimate Warrior-

Dolph Ziggler, Xavier Woods, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston vs. Fandango, Damien Sandow, Brodus Clay, and The Miz

Main Event:
    John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan
    Winner:
    John Cena
    Hulk Hogan is revealed as Randy's driver from RAW and returns in the Rumble to help Orton retain his title by attacking Cena when the ref is down.

Daniel Bryan(RR Winner) vs. Randy Orton - WWE World Heaveyweight Title Match
    Winner:
    Danyel Bryan

CM Punk vs. Triple H - Punk Wins The Authority Loose Control
    Winner:
    CM Punk

Batista vs. Brock Lesner - The Beast vs. The Animal
    Winner:
    Batista

Roman Reigns vs. Big E Langston - IC Title Match
    Winner:
    Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler - US Title Match
    Winner:
    Dolph Ziggler

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt
    Winner:
    The Undertaker

Cody Rhodes vs. Godust
    Winner:
    Cody Rhodes

New Age Outlaws vs. The Usus - WWE Tag-Teams Titles
    Winners:
    The Usus

AJ Lee vs. Emma - Divas Title
    Winner:
    Emma

Pre-Show
    Damien Sandow & The Miz vs R-truth & Xvier Woods
    Winners:
    Damien Sandow & The Miz

Batista vs. Brock Lesner WWE Championship

Cena Bryan and Hogan vs. The Wyatt Family

For some reason I don't see taker wrestling this year and I sorta don't wanna see it. The streaks gotten watered down and no one would think Brock's breaking it just seems pointless.

Punk vs. HHH

Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

AJ lee vs. Trish Stratus Divas Title

IC/US Championship Scramble Match

Big E Lanston(C) vs. Shameus vs. Jericho vs. RVD vs. Bad News Barrett vs. The Miz
    Way to put over somebody two of the greatest IC champions of all time.

Tag Team Titles
    The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Xavier woods and R-truth

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Big Show vs. Kane

Plus filler

Just a gut we might get something like that. If we don't get Randy/Batista I can't see anything good for him to do.
    Last edited by CENAfan54; 01-22-2014 at 02:52 AM.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

You don't see Taker wrestling this year? Why not?

Its WMXXX, Taker is wrestling 1000000%

^ I've heard rumors of his body being pretty beat up and them not wanting to do Lesnar cause of his style. So if he's not a hundred percent what's the point of doing it. It's just gonna be a watered down version of his classics. I think WWE should challenge themselves and have a WM without taker and give him the year off.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Taker will never be 100% for the rest of his life. I've actually heard rumors that he is in better shape than previous years.

I don't think its smart for WWE to do that this year. I would for sure give him 31 and 32 off and welcome him back at 33.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Randy Orton (c) v CM Punk

John Cena/Daniel Bryan v The Wyatt Family

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar

Batista v Alberto Del Rio

WWE Tag Team Championship
    Real Americans v Uso's

Cody Rhodes v Goldust

Intercontinental & United States Unification Match
    Big E Langston (c) v Dean Ambrose (c)

Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins

WWE Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) v The cast of total divas
    - Credit: Bender -

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

HHH vs CM Punk

HBK vs Daniel Bryan

Batista vs Orton

AJ vs a Bella

Wyatts vs SHIELD - either Reigns leaves or they completely disband

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Ultimate Warrior will appear either backstage, or even on stage to beat someone up...possibly even a confrontation with Hogan out back.
    Last edited by Steeda90GT; 01-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.

World Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Orton (c) vs. CM Punk

John Cena vs. Triple H

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE Tag Team Championship
    Real Americans (c) vs. Usos

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Intercontinental Championship
    Big E Langston (c) vs. Sheamus

lumberjack match
    Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

Roman Reigns/ Batista vs. Seth Rollins/ Dean Ambrose

triple threat WWE Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Natalya vs. Naomi

Hulk Hogan and Warrior will confront each other backstage and wish Punk luck in his upcoming main event match.

Alberto Del Rio, Ted Dibiase, and John Layfield will have a segment in the ring talking about how rich each of them is. It will be end with Jake the Snake throwing the appropriate reptile into the ring.

Thanks to Bender for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    WWE Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) v The cast of total divas
    Interesting...

What would you do if JoJo pulled off the upset?

WWEWHC match

Cena (c) vs Rumble winner Bryan

Streak match

Taker vs Lesnar

Punk vs HHH

Orton vs Batista

Tag Team Titles

Usos (c) vs Real Americans

IC title

Langston (c) vs Reigns

US title

Ambrose (c) vs Rollins

Divas title

AJ (c) vs Naomi

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Unfortunately Hogan will come out, cut a promo then big boot/leg drop a random heel.
    Last edited by Oncall; 01-24-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: unbelievable, I forgot Punk vs HHH

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

Send me a list of your top 25 seasons of television, deadline is after Raw finishes on the 24th

Banned

While I don't feel comfortable predicting at this point, I will say that anyone calling Punk vs Orton is throwing points away. Especially as a show closing title match. Wow, guys. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    While I don't feel comfortable predicting at this point, I will say that anyone calling Punk vs Orton is throwing points away. Especially as a show closing title match. Wow, guys. Wow.
    Yeah. Not sure why people are predicting that one. My only guess is that people want to see that match in order to free up HHH to go against Bryan. But the HHH/Bryan feud is over.

Put your money where your mouth is, Coco!!!

Banned

Why? My participation won't make you any less wrong.

Why? My participation won't make you any less wrong.
    You are so clever, Coco.

I applaud your smart strategy...much easier for you to throw stones if you don't stick your own neck out.

Oh wait, I am wrong.
    Coco did make a prediction...CM Punk will not face Randy Orton at WM30.

Banned

I applaud your smart strategy...much easier for you to throw stones if you don't stick your own neck out.
    Proposal: If Orton vs Punk takes place at WrestleMania, I'll leave the forum for a year. If it doesn't, you leave the forum for a year.

Where's your neck at now?

So if you read between the lines, Coco is indeed formulating a hypothetical WM 30 card.

He has 2 matches ready to go.

Randy Orton vs. anyone but CM Punk
    and
    CM Punk vs. anyone but Randy Orton

Coco,
    I predict the WWE World Championship will be defended at WM30.

What do u think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    Coco,
    I predict the WWE World Championship will be defended at WM30.

What do u think?
    I think you're chicken McFly.

Although to be fair, you predicted a proper match while I'm simply certain that match won't take place. You're aiming for the bullseye. You're taking more of a chance than I am. So let's make the stakes more interesting.

-If Punk vs Orton doesn't take place, you leave the forum for a year.
    -If Punk vs Orton does take place, I leave the forum for two years.

So what was that about not sticking my neck out?

Coco,
    Please give me your insight on who John Cena will be facing this year at WM30.

Will Cena be facing somebody or someone?

I'm leaning towards someone, but I wanted to see if you had any strong feelings either way.

Thread Information