Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batista Bombed - get your damn belly button tattoo removed!

Default Batista Bombed - get your damn belly button tattoo removed!

Any body who still thinks Batista has a shot at winning the RR this Sunday is loopy.

I thought 'The Return of Batista' last nite was garbage.

First he comes out dressed like a fool.

OK. He got the big return pop when his music hit and he did the machine gun thing, but after that he really started to suck the life out of the crowd.

It took forever as he climbed up on all ring posts.
    The he kissed the ring mat? Really?

Then he speaks, but the guy could never talk to begin with.

Later he comes back out and Batista Bombs Del Rio, and the crowd went mild. (At least he hit the power bomb without having to roll over on his back after he hit it like he usually does.)

Here's Batista's career in a nutshell...
    They caught lightning in a bottle on The Road to WM21. They put him over at WM21 although Cena's 1st title victory should have been the focal point that nite.
    Batista gets injured.
    Batista has good chemistry with Undertaker and has a good feud with him
    They have nothing to do with Batista at WM 24 so they give him a throw away match with Umaga.
    Batista gets injured again.
    Batista puts Cena over on his way out the door and it takes him forever to leave.

Then Batista comes back four years later, and looks like a bloated version of the Rock wearing a pair of jeans from high school and a track shirt that he borrowed from the Funkasaurus.

Give me a break.

He didn't even try to get his belly button tattoo removed in the past four years?
    Are u serious?

Not only is Batista not going to win the Royal Rumble, but watch as this man will sink each and every week with a milder and milder crowd response.

Look for Batista to wrestle Shameus on the WMXXX pre-show in a match to determine who gets to spot HHH the next time he goes bench pressing.
    (That's only if Batista doesn't get injured before then.)

Your thoughts?

Default Re: Batista Bombed - get your damn belly button tattoo removed!

Batista always deserves to be a front runner because Vince/HHH/Stephanie have a fetish for the man.

I just can't see Bryan winning.....it'd make too much sense and Vince has a knack to troll the internet/fanbase with it. Just doesn't seem like a Vince type of a move to give the fans what they want and to crown the favorite the winner of a big event.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

He looked old without his hair.

The WWE, despite having Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, HHH, Undertaker (and who knows if Warrior is going to do something) already coming back to occupy "the returning veterans" role at Wrestlemania decided to re-sign Batista at this time for some reason. He is going to get a good spot at Wrestlemania, and will play a significant role in the Rumble. Is he going to win? I have no idea, however I don't think its an automatic that he won't win.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    He looked old without his hair.
    He also looked old after he bombed Del Rio and started shaking the ropes and stomping on the mat.
    I thought was going to injure his hip!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    The WWE, despite having Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, HHH, Undertaker (and who knows if Warrior is going to do something) already coming back to occupy "the returning veterans" role at Wrestlemania decided to re-sign Batista at this time for some reason. He is going to get a good spot at Wrestlemania, and will play a significant role in the Rumble. Is he going to win? I have no idea, however I don't think its an automatic that he won't win.
    Even if he was scripted to win (which I don't think he was), all the WWE writers had to do was watch the first few minutes of 'The Return of Batista' before they started sending copies of that Royal Rumble script through paper shredders.

I agree with you Buck, the whole return was trash. Once he got on the mic, it went down hill.... IMO Undertakers entrance at WM was more entertaining

Banned

Last night was paint-by-numbers Batista babyface stuff. Did anyone really expect to be whelmed? He's not Brock. He doesn't keep surprising you with awesome shit. It's Batista.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    He also looked old after he bombed Del Rio and started shaking the ropes and stomping on the mat.
    I thought was going to injure his hip!

I agree that his return was anticlimactic. I have no idea why they chose now to do it. In my opinion Batista is the type of wrestler you bring back when Lesnar, Hogan, Taker etc go away and the fans need something to happen during the months between Wrestlemania seasons. I feel it was a mistake on the WWE's part.

That being said, I actually think last night actually increased his chances of winning the Rumble - simply because if he keeps faltering they are going to need to do something to raise his profile, and the WWE may feel that a Rumble victory is the way to do it.

That being said, I actually think last night actually increased his chances of winning the Rumble - simply because if he keeps faltering they are going to need to do something to raise his profile, and the WWE may feel that a Rumble victory is the way to do it.
    You're really testing the "fans decide who is over" theory with that one, Darkmania.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    You're really testing the "fans decide who is over" theory with that one, Darkmania.
    I am glad you used the word theory!

I am glad you used the word theory!
    Looking back on it, so am I.

I doubt Batista is going to win the rumble, he doesn't need the win

I for one liked Batista's return - it was what I expected. Especially the confrontation with Del Rio.
    - Credit: Bender -

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

I think HHH, Steph, Orton and Batista's ridiculously tight pants all sort of ruined Batista's return. I mean, none of those things really did a good job of getting the crowd hyped... Especially them tight pants.

Either he's gonna win or have one hell of a confrontation with someone like Lesnar at Rumble or the RAW after.
    People thought Jericho was gonna win the Rumble to challenge Punk, then Sheamus won. So you never know.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Honestly, just pair him with Orton. That way neither guy will drag down someone I actually like. Makes fast forwarding the next couple months of TV that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Either he's gonna win or have one hell of a confrontation with someone like Lesnar at Rumble or the RAW after.
    People thought Jericho was gonna win the Rumble to challenge Punk, then Sheamus won. So you never know.
    Here's what I'm thinking might happen:

Batista loses the Rumble because of Del Rio... Batista and Del Rio wrestle at Elimination Chamber... Later in the night, Batista helps Randy Orton beat Brock Lesnar... And Batista and Brock Lesnar wrestle at Wrestlemania.

I think it's pretty obvious Batista/Lesnar is the direction they're going. I mean, they both basically have the same storyline: "I want the Title" Which, of course, means neither of them will actually get the Title. It's like Kane telling Punk he might be in the mainevent at Wrestlemania. Now that he said... you know it ain't gonna happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious Batista/Lesnar is the direction they're going. I mean, they both basically have the same storyline: "I want the Title" Which, of course, means neither of them will actually get the Title.
    Multiple people gunning for the title during Rumble season is confirmation of a Mania singles match?

Okay, bud.

This direction they're allegedly going in is far from obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Multiple people gunning for the title during Rumble season is confirmation of a Mania singles match?

Okay, bud.

This direction they're allegedly going in is far from obvious.
    You do realize these guys are just suddenly randomly gunning for the Title? A Title that has been involved in a long term feud. Trust me, they ain't touching that thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    You do realize these guys are just suddenly randomly gunning for the Title? A Title that has been involved in a long term feud. Trust me, they ain't touching that thing.
    I don't trust you.

Lesnar and Batista might fight each other. They might not touch the title. Or they could go a completely different direction.

You know nothing I don't know.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do go with that match, just going with "The two, biggest, baddest sumbitches in WWE history who've never crossed paths before are going to WrestleMania to beat the unholy shit out of each other."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do go with that match, just going with "The two, biggest, baddest sumbitches in WWE history who've never crossed paths before are going to WrestleMania to beat the unholy shit out of each other."
    I can't help but despise the thought of this match. Batista does nothing for me. Put him with Orton. Let them consolidate my main event level boredom in a single match!

Oh, I'm not looking forward to it either, but fuck it. They clearly don't give a singular fuck about actually getting a return on their Lesnar-vestment, so just let him and Batista beat the shit out of each other. It would at least be entertaining for when the match just collapses and Batista is left crying in the ring.

Thread Information