Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Generation Wrestling

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Generation Wrestling

New Generation Wrestling is my tribute to WWF's glorious mid-90s neon age, if not the mid-90s in general. No gimmick is too ridiculous for NGW. I've used the New Breed's flux capacitor to travel throughout wrestling history in order to pick up the wildest gimmick wrestlers along with some under the radar guys I felt like writing about. The promotion ostensibly takes place in 1995-96, but all that time travel leads to the occasional historical anachronism.

Not going to bother writing out the roster because it will always be in flux and face/heel alignments will be made clear. Jim Ross and some guy named Claude Baker are on commentary.

New Generation Wrestling
    Presents
    Start From The Dark
    DuBurns Arena
    Baltimore, Maryland
    6/17/95

*Opening theme plays

Spoiler

JR: Welcome to the inaugural episode of New Generation Wrestling! I'm your host, good ol' JR, Jim Ross! I'm joined by my co-host Claude Baker. (under his breath) I'm already missing Lawler. (back to normal) It's going to be one heck of a night! Marty Jannetty will be in action!

Claude: I like you too, Ross. And who cares about Marty Jannetty when you have Jean-Pierre Laftitte AND Da Mountie in action!?!

JR: Don't forget about Erik Watts! Yes sir, we have a great afternoon of wrestling in store for you fans! Our commissioner will also be revealed! It's going to be a major coup for this young promotion if my sources are to be believed. Enough talking! Let's send it down to ring announcer, Gary Michael Cappetta!
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Generation Wrestling

GMC: Introducing first, from Tampa, Florida, weighing two-hundred thirty-pounds, Barry Horowitz!

Spoiler

Horowitz comes out patting his back to 10% cheers, 60% boos, and 30% indifference

GMC: And his opponent, from Bixby Oklahoma, weighing two-hundred fifty-one pounds, "The Bluechipper" Erik Watts!

Spoiler

Watts gets 50% cheers, 30% boos, and 20% indifference

JR: Erik Watts is my kind of guy! What a wonderful young man! They raise 'em right down in my home state; the great state of Oklahoma! His father, the legendary "Cowboy" Bill Watts was my mentor. Erik's credentials speak for themselves. College quarterback at the University of Louisville. Former pro wrestling rookie of the year...

*JR is abruptly cut off by Baker

CB: Who wants to hear about Erik Watts when Barry Horowitz is RIGHT THERE! Horowitz is a game competitor.

JR: Yes he is.

Erik Watts vs. Barry Horowitz

Watts controls the majority of the match with ugly mat wrestling. Horowitz does manage to score a nearfall off a northern lights suplex after punching Watts in the face instead of giving him a clean break. Watts wins with an STF preceeded by a buckle bomb. He soaks in the cheers of the crowd while a dejected Horowitz walks to the back, kicking stuff and muttering to himself.

*Interview guy, "Man With The Golden Voice" Lee Marshall pops up at ringside to get a few words from Watts.

LM: Anything you'd like to say to your legions of fans, Erik?

EW: Stay in school.....and don't do drugs.

LM: Anything else?

EW: Ummm....Don't smoke either. Yeah!

LM: Erik Watts, ladies and gentlemen!

JR: Great win for the young lion!

CB: He did beat a game competitor in Barry Horowitz. Poor Barry. All this losing over the years is bound to get to him.

JR: We'll be back in a flash with some tag team action! Don't you dare change the channel!

*Commercials

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CB: Amigo, Amigo....

JR: Umm...we're back.

CB: I really want an Amigo.

JR: Who doesn't?

GMC: Introducing first, weighing in at two-hundred thirty-one pounds, "Nature Boy" (HUGE cheers) Buddy Landell! (HUGE boos)

Spoiler

The "Nature Boy" introduction got 100% cheers. The "Buddy Landell" announcement received 100% boos.

GMC: And his tag team partner, weighing in at two-hundred twelve pounds, from Melbourne, Australia, "Superstar" Bill Dundee!

Spoiler

Dundee gets 5% cheers, 25% boos, 70% indifference

GMC: And their opponents, coming in tonight at a combined weight of four-hundred fifty-five pounds, from the year 2002, Chris Champion and Sean Royal, the New Breed!

Spoiler

New Breed get 100% cheers.

New Breed vs. Bill Dundee & Buddy Landell

New Breed work Buddy over early with dropkicks, suplexes and a Hart Attack. Their playing to the crowd allows Landell to scurry over to his corner and tag out to Dundee. Dundee actually fares rather well, keeping the New Breed off balance with quickness and awesome punches. His taunts and gyrations generate heel heat from a previously indifferent crowd. Dundee makes the fatal mistake of tagging out to Landell. Landell only scores a one count off his weak corkscrew elbow drop finisher. Then he walks into a Royal dropkick and the massacre is on. A Ganso Bomb follows. Buddy then gets nailed by "The Future To Come" and is finally put out of his misery after a Flux Capacitor.

New Breed celebrate after the match while 100% of the fans chant "New Breed." Dundee gives Landell a look of disgust, but does help his partner to the back.

Lee Marshall appears at ringside for a post-match interview with the New Breed.

LM: That was a very impressive victory!

Royal: That was nothing! We wiped the floor with weak competition. Big deal. Well....Dundee is alright, but that Landell is a joke. Kids, don't grow up to be a Buddy Landell. Anyway Marshall, you should have been there when we beat Generals Draconis and Typhonus: The Neo Sapien Empire, in a scaffold match where the scaffold was set up eighty-million light years above the rings of Saturn!

Champion: Don't remind me, Sean! We almost lost that one! Good thing I morphed into an esquilax at just the right time!

Royal: Yeah, yeah. Now people might be wondering what two intergalactic warriors like Chris and myself are doing here in NGW. High command hasn't authorized us to speak about our mission....yet. But they will. Just know that the very future of your planet is at stake.

Champion: You've already said too much! C9 Implants, activate!

*Royal & Champion disappear in a cloud of smoke.

CB: Those guys are ridiculous! Rings of Saturn, give me a break!

JR: Hey, I like 'em! They represent the kind of futuristic wrestling NGW is all about!

CB: You just like them because they call you "Mister President" for some unknown reason.

JR: We'll continue this debate off air because now it's time for another word from our sponsors!

*Commercial
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiler

GMC: This next match is for the Nevada State Heavyweight Championship!

JR: We're in for a real slobberknocker!

CB: A title match already?!? What a promotion!

GMC: Introducing first, from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing in at two-hundred twenty-eight pounds, The Gambler!

Spoiler

Gambler comes out shuffling his cards to 25% cheers, 50% boos and 25% indifference.

CB: The Gambler is an even more game competitor than Barry Horowitz!

GMC: And his opponent, also coming from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing two-hundred twenty-two pounds, he is the Nevada State Heavyweight champion and the "Master of the Renoplex," Reno Riggins!

Spoiler

Reno comes out with a belt seemingly made of cardboard and aluminum foil. He gets 10% cheers, 5% boos and 85% indifference

JR: I can't wait to see Reno Riggins' famed "Renoplex!"

CB: Too bad my man, The Gambler, isn't going to get caught in that bone breaking move.

JR: The Gambler certainly hopes he can avoid it! The Renoplex has been named "Move of the Year" three years in a row!

CB: It is a heck of a move! Picture a cross between the drip dry, top rope backflip and ghostbuster!

JR: It's banned in twenty-three states!

CB: Academics study it!

JR: Why I just read an article in Pro Wrestling Illustrated written by a Dean from the University of Higher Learning...

CB: Where he traces the origins of the move! Yeah, I read the same article. The origins of the Renoplex are murky at best, but this Dean seems to think it originated somewhere in Hungary during the time Cromwell ruled England.

JR: I hope we see it this afternoon!

CB: We won't. The Gambler is too good to get caught in the Renoplex.

Reno Riggins (c)vs. The Gambler For the Nevada State Heavyweight Championship

Gambler and Riggins have a technical, hold based match. Gambler works the arm for a while. Then Reno works the arm for a while. Time for a commercial break....

*Commercials are reruns of what previously aired

GMC: Your winner, and still Nevada State Heavyweight Champion, Reno Riggins!

The crowd is silent.

JR:......

CB: I...I can't believe it.

JR: He...hit....the....Renoplex.

CB: The...the crowd is in stunned silence.

JR: What....a....maneuver.

*The announcers go silent. The quick-thinking program director airs this video to avoid dead air.....
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiler

An onscreen graphic states "The Texas Hangmen Debut Next Week!"

*Lee Marshall is backstage for an interview with Scott "Flapjack" Norton.

LM: Wow, I'm still in shock after that Renoplex! But this man's accomplishments are even more unbelievable! Tell us a little about yourself, Scott.

SN: My name is Scott "Flapjack" Norton. I'm a lumberjack from the Great North Woods and I like pancakes.

LM: Don't be shy! Tell the people how you got the name, "Flapjack?"

SN: I once ate two-hundred ninety-eight pancakes in one sitting.

LM: That IS unbelievable!

SN (blushing): Aw shucks...You work up a mighty fine appetite bein' a lumberjack.

*A bleach-blonde couple suddenly appears on screen. The man is wearing a garish Ric Flair-style purple robe with the word "Illustrious" on the back. The woman dresses like 2000 Trish Stratus.

LM: This is Scott Norton's interview time! Who are you people and what are you doing here?

JS: I'm "The Illustrious" Johnnie Stewart, man of the nineties. Who the heck are you?

LM: You know darn right well I'm Lee....

LS (snatching the mic from Marshall): And I'm "The Beautiful" Lana Star. Johnnie and I are the power couple of the 90s. We came from Hollywood to class this place up. Nobody wants to hear about pancakes and lumberjacks. It's disgusting!

JS: Like your 'stache, Marshall. (Stewart & Lana think this weak joke is hilarious)

LS: ....but since it was brought up, I eat twelve pancakes a year. One per month. How do you think I maintain this perfect figure?

JS (hugging Lana): You'd like to touch this, wouldn't you Fatjack?

SN (looking angry):.........

LM: Look here! You can't just barge in and steal this man's interview time! I wanted to hear about his lumberjacking tales! More imporantly, our great fans wanted to hear about his tree chopping and pancake eating exploits!

*Johnnie and Lana laugh while holding up the "L7 Loser" sign

LM: What's that supposed to mean?

JS (holding up his hand): Talk to the hand!

*Johnnie and Lana giggle like a couple of schoolgirls

SN (red-faced): Well...if you.....

JS (laughing even harder): Spit it out, ya big dummy!

SN: Ichallengeyoustoamatch!

LS: You can't be serious! I'm not wrestling a big, disgusting brute like you! And "yous" is not a word! Learn to speak properly, you big ox!

*SN whispers something to Marshall

JS (prancing around sings): Oim a lumberjack and oim okay.....

Lana & Stewart:

LM: Scott Norton challenges you to an intergender tag match next week. He tells me has a female partner and I believe him. As you know, lumberjacks, unlike people from Hollywood, are known for their integrity.

JS: Whatever. Fatjack and whatever dog he digs up can wrestle New Generation Wrestling's power couple next week. We won't even break a sweat!

*Lee and Norton exit

LS (not happy with Stewart): What are you doing, Johnnie! I just got my nails done! Of course I won't sweat. I'm incapable of sweating, but that big ox might hurt you!

JS: Relax babe. I'll wipe the floor with Paul Bunyan. You can just sit in the corner fixing your hair and looking pretty.

LS: What if I have to wrestle his ugly, fatso partner?

JS: Won't happen. I'll destroy Fatjack. Trust me.

LS: You better be right.....

JS (looking concerned): Are we still radical?

LS: Totally. (but she doesn't look as if she means it)

CB: So, it looks like Stewart & Lana....I love them!....will take on Fatjack Norton and a mystery partner next week!

JR: What a match! I hope those Hollywood snobs get what they deserve!

*Commerical time

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JR: This next encounter is a main event anywhere in the country!

CB: Anywhere else in the country for sure! But it's only a middle of the show match here in NGW! Make no mistake though, this battle of former WWF Intercontinental and Tag Team champions is bound to be a classic.

GMC: Introducing first, from Columbus, Georgia, weighing two-hundred twenty-nine pounds, "The Rocker" Marty Jannetty!

Spoiler

Marty gets 80% cheers, 15% boos and 5% indifference

GMC: And his opponent, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, weighing two-hundred fifty-two pounds, Da Mountie!

Spoiler

Mountie gets 10% cheers and 90% boos, but Da Mountie's fans are loud.

CB: He's da Mountie! He's handsome! He's brave! He's strong! Da Mountie is da best!

JR: I hope Jannetty wipes the floor with him.

CB: I hate you.

Mountie vs. Marty Jannetty

Mountie old school box promo: I'm Da Mountie! I'm handsome! I'm brave! I'm strong! Marty Jannetty, you deadbeat! You still haven't paid the citation I gave you for playing that infernal ghetto blaster too loud in the locker room. Now I'm here to collect! Da Mountie always gets his man!

Marty old school box promo: Rock and roll will never die! Yeah!

Marty uses his quickness and athleticism to foil Da Mountie in the early going. Mountie goes for a kip up. He botches. Marty hits one. Mountie goes for a backflip. Another fail. Marty lands his perfectly. Unable to out-wrestle Marty, Mountie resorts to fisticuffs. Marty outbrawls him too, so Mountie resorts to underhanded tactics. This turns the tide in his favor. Mountie controls for a while with his "Mountie-style" offense. Marty eventually comes back until Mountie side steps a missile dropkick. Mountie quickly stuffs Jannetty with a nasty grab leg piledriver to capture a hard-fought victory.

LM: Big victory for the Mountie. How unfortunate! Let's hear what our winner has to say.

Mountie: I'm Da Mountie!

LM: We already know who you are! Anything else you care to add?

Mountie: I told you I always get my man! Any American who crosses Da Mountie will have to pay!

LM: There you have it. I hope somebody shuts that obnoxious Mountie up one of these days.

CB: Great victory for Da Mountie!

JR: He got lucky.

CB: That ends the first hour, but don't you dare change the channel! NGW ain't WWF Raw! We go for two hours here! The wrestling pirate, Jean-Pierre Lafitte, will be here in hour number two, no doubt on the look out for more booty!

JR: One of my favorite veterans, the charismatic "Iceman" King Parsons, will also be in action against a double tough Texan!

CB: Who wants to talk about that punk the Iceman when Paul Orndorff and "The Living Legend" himself, Larry Zbyszko, are going to grace us with their presence!

JR: Orndorff and Zbyszko are fine competitors, but I'd rather talk about the enigmatic rocker, Maxx Payne!

CB: Well, we can debate favorites all day long, but the point is we have one heck of a second hour in store for you fans!

JR: And let's not forget the announcement of our commissioner! I'm tellin' ya, this announcement is going to shock the sports world!

CB: And who knows what backstage gossip that muckraker Marshall will dig up in hour two?

Commercials

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introducing first, already in the ring, from Menomonie, Wisconsin, weighing two-hundred twenty-seven pounds, Jake "The Milkman" Milliman!

*Milkman gets 5% cheers, 5% boos and 90% indifference.

CB: The Milkman! Where'd they dig up this hayseed? He looks like he just fell off the milk truck!

JR: Hey now! The Milkman is a game competitor!

CB: He's no Horowitz or Gambler!

GMC: And his opponent, weighing in at two-hundred forty-five pounds, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, he wishes to be announced as the reigning AWA Champion, "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko!

Spoiler

*Zbyszko comes out to 99% boos and 1% cheers. The 1% does "We're Not Worthy" bows, ala Wayne's World. As does Claude Baker on commentary.

JR: Give me a break! You're a grown man in a free country. Why are you bowing to that jerk Zbyszko like he's some kind of king?

CB: Because he's simply the best! Get with the program, JR!

JR: These two have bad blood dating back to their AWA days. Don't count out the Milkman!

CB: Don't make me laugh! He won't last five minutes with "The Living Legend!"

JR: Want to bet on it? Zbyszko won't even get in the ring until five minutes have passed!

Larry Zbyszko vs. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

JR was proven wrong when Zbyszko went right after "The Milkman." Larry Legend started off with a stiff slap to the face and things just got worse for the poor Milkman from there. Zbyszko stretched him in some torturous holds. Then he brutalized the poor Milkman with more stiff strikes, including a vicious Zbyszko kick to the face of a kneeling Milliman. Larry mercifully ended things with a sick piledriver, but then he slapped Jake in the face after the match just for fun.

LM: I've followed your career for a long, long time and I've never seen you that vicious! What gives?

LZ (Zbyszko says delivers his lines in a sarcastic Bill Murray-style): I'll tell you what gives, Tony the Tiger. What gives is that fat, out of shape, lowlife made life miserable for me back in the AWA. I simply had to pay him back.

LM: Don't you think..... Zbyszko snatches the microphone.

LZ: I DO think. You don't. Now be gone, Tony the Tiger! I'm not some rank amateur who needs to be helped along by your inane questions. I'm the one true Living Legend of professional wrestling. I retired Bruno! I retired Bockwinkle! Old man Gagne retired the AWA because he couldn't find anybody else with the guts to challenge for MY AWA title! I've done it all in my twenty-two glorious years in this sport. Wrestling is a game of human chess. I am the chessmaster. I am simply the best!

And to prove it, I'll take on any so-called world champion out there. The Huckster has only been ducking me since 1984. How about it, Hogan? Do you have the guts to finally step in the ring with the best in the world? No, of course you don't. You've been gutless for eleven years. You're not going to suddenly grow some guts now that you're in your forties. Once a coward, always a coward.

Vinnie Vegas over in WWF? I'm here if you're willing, big man. But you won't be. Oz knows deep down that he isn't fit to carry my jockstrap. Neither one of these so-called champions knows a wristlock from a wristwatch. They wouldn't last five minutes in Larry Land.

Stink? Dick Flair? Yawn Michaels? Bret Fart? Blundertaker? Nacho Man? Why is it none of these so-called superstars ever stepped in the ring with The Living Legend? I'll tell you why. Because they know I'd embarrass them. Once you get past all the outward bravado and bluster, deep down, in what passes for their hearts, they know I would school them.

New Generation Wrestling doesn't have a championship belt yet, but they will soon, and I guarantee I will be the first New Generation Wrestling champion. I've yet to be wrong in my twenty-two glorious years as the Chessmaster of the Sport of Kings. I'm not going to start being wrong now. This mysterious commissioner might as well skip the formality of having a tournament or a battle royal or whatever idea it is he has in mind. It would be easier to just shine that title up real nice and put it around my waist right now. (HUGE "Larry Sucks" chant by this point) You ignorant spudheads are too stupid to realize you're in the presence of greatness. I'd like to continue educating you rubes, but the stench is getting to me. One day when you're old, gray and even more poor, you'll look back on this little seminar as the greatest five minutes of your miserable little lives. Now hit my music!

*Zbyszko tosses the microphone back to Marshall and walks out to huge boos by 98% of the crowd, but the "We're Not Worthy" brigade is up to 2%.

Spoiler

CB: HOLY SH...oot!

JR: THAT'S NOT ZBYSZKO'S MUSIC!

*The crowd comes unglued. The 2% boos-98% cheers immediately switches to 98% cheers-2% boos.

And then Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff comes out.

*Crowd is livid. Except for the 2%. They think this is hilarious. But Zbyszko does not. He was actually expecting Hogan when the music hit and was in that state of terrified excitement we sometimes find ourselves in. Now he's pissed.

PO: Gotcha!

LZ: Real funny! You think you're a wise guy, don't you?

*Orndorff just smirks.

LZ: Well, I'll tell you something, Paula....

*Orndorff snaps at being called "Paula." He attacks Zbyszko with a microphone punch. Zbyszko bails out of the ring holding his jaw. Orndorff poses to "Real American." He gets a mixed reaction because, while he trolled the fans awesomely, at least half of them hate Zbyszko more than they hate being made fools of. Zbyszko takes his hand off his jaw long enough to yell at Orndorff. Orndorff keeps doing the 'hand to ear' Hogan taunt like he can't hear Zbyszko. This further infuriates "The Living Legend," but he doesn't dare step back into the ring. He instead retreats to the back, yelling at the "spudheads" as he goes.

JR: We've just witnessed history! They'll be talking about this years from now!

CB: I....I don't know what to think. Why, Paul, why?

Commercial:

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 01-18-2014 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Orndorff is still in the ring talking to Cappetta.

GMC: Introducing first, already in the ring, from Brandon, Florida, weighing two-hundred fifty-six pounds, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff!

*Orndorff gets a 60/40 positive response.

GMC: And his opponent, from the continent of Europe, weighing one-hundred two kilos, "Master of the Pan Flute" Zan Panzer!

Spoiler

*Panzer gets 2% cheers because a few British tourists and pan flute enthusiasts are in the house. The rest of the crowd is divided between booing and indifference.

CB: I don't know what to make of Orndorff anymore.

JR: Neither do I, but I'm rooting for him over Panzer.

CB: Why? Do you have something the continent of Europe? Do you have something against pan flutes?

JR: Yes and yes.

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. "Master of the Pan Flute" Zan Panzer

Panzer runs right into a hard clothesline. Orndorff gets the pin a few seconds later after hitting a brutal piledriver.

CB: That was quick!

JR: Orndorff means business! He don't get paid by the hour! He's my pick to be our inaugural champion! What an impressive showing!

CB: My money is always on Larry Legend!

*Orndorff grabs the microphone to a 75/25 positive response.

PO: Some of you like me and some of you still don't. That's ok. I'm not here to make friends. You're not gonna see me kissin' babies or slappin' hands. I'm not gonna wear a dopey grin on my face either. But I'm also not going to insult you people by calling you a bunch of spudheads. Zbyszko! Get your butt out here! You talk a good game! Let's see if you have the guts to back it up!

*Crowd cheers. It's about 90/10 now in favor of Orndorff now. Orndorff waits. Zbyszko does not appear.

PO: Just as I thought. Zbyszko is all talk, no action. I've had a problem with him for a long time. I've watched him rant and rave about how great he is for years. Who did he ever beat? Old man Bruno and old man Bockwinkle. That's it! No wonder he brings it up in every boring, long-winded interview he's ever given! It's ALL he's ever done! Hogan, Diesel, Flair, and the rest might not be friends of mine, but at least I can respect them. I DO NOT respect Larry "Legend." He's a joke! It's a darn shame that that jerk won a world title while I never have. Yeah, he had easier competition, but I'm not gonna make excuses. I couldn't get the job done against The Hulk when I had the chance. But I guarantee you I'll get the job done if Larry Liar ever has the guts to get in the ring with me!

*Lee Marshall is backstage in the locker room area looking for a scoop. He knocks on Zbyszko's door, but Larry Legend does not come out. Lee sees the Gambler and Barry Horowitz talking over in a corner and walks over with the hope of landing his big scoop.

BH: Why not? I'm as upset as you are about all this losing.

G: It's been a long time since the cards fell our way.

LM: What's going on, gentlemen?

BH: The Gambler and I were discussing forming a tag team.

G: It's no secret that Barry and I haven't had the best of luck in our careers. We have twenty-two. They have twenty-one. We get three of a kind. They get four of a kind. Well, that's all gonna change now.

BH: Darn right it is. The Gambler and Barry Horowitz are about to go straight to the top!

*Gambler and Horowitz shake hands.

LM: Good luck, gentlemen! You heard it here first. The Gambler and Barry Horowitz have decided to form a tag team!

*Jake "The Milkman" Milliman walks by rubbing his head.

G: How's the head, Milky?

JM: It hurts. And don't call me Milky.

BH: Aww....it hurts. Poor Milky has a headache.

JM: Leave me alone. At least I lost to a former world champion. You two bums couldn't even beat Erik Watts and Reno Riggins!

G: Take that back! The Renoplex is lethal!

JM: Tell ya what. You two seem all buddy-buddy now so how's about a tag match next week? You two goons against me and a partner of my choosing?

BH: You're on!

LM: Whoa! The excitement never stops here in New Generation Wrestling! Next week, the new tag team of Barry Horowitz and The Gambler will take on Jake "The Milkman" Milliman and a partner of his choosing! They're three of the most game competitors around! Don't you dare miss it!

*Commercials

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CB: How about that Marshall's latest scoop! Gambler and Horowitz as a team?!? I like it!

JR: It was a bombshell announcement.

GMC: Introducing first, from Parts Unknown, weight unknown, this is Avatar!

Avatar's theme goes like this.....

Man Called Avatar!

Repeat three times

*Avatar comes out in a Hayabusa mask to 10% cheers, 5% boos and 85% indifference. Avatar walks by Zan Panzer, who is still crawling to the back, on his way to the ring.

CB: WHO?!?

JR: Avatar is a talented young wrestler based in the midwest. He's been making waves in the indies.

CB: The indies?!? You mean, like, Jamaica?

JR: You're an idiot.

CB: Alright, will you at least tell me WHAT an Avatar is? Is that like....some kind of anteater?

JR: I miss Lawler.

GMC: And his opponent, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, weighing two-hundred seventy-seven pounds, "The Pirate" Jean-Pierre Lafitte!

Spoiler

*Lafitte comes out to 15% cheers, 80% boos and 5% indifference. He's wearing Bret Hart's jacket for some reason. Panzer is almost to the back when JPL bends down, rips off Panzer's pink mask, and puts in the pocket of Bret Hart's jacket.

JR: Did you see that?!? The scurvy dog just stole Zan Panzer's mask!

CB: Finders keepers, losers weepers!

JR: Bah gawd! It's just not right!

Jean-Pierre Lafitte vs. "Man Called" Avatar

This is clearly the match of the night. Meltzer gave it ***3/4. The Apter Mags and RF Video hyped it incessantly. All the "real" smarks had it on poor quality VHS tapes. But most people think it's overrated today and a few even think it sucked.

Avatar uses his speed to avoid the bigger JPL in the early going. The masked marvel even scores a few two counts off rollups and small packages. A flustered JPL bails out to regroup, but Avatar hits a flip dive over the ropes onto the Pirate. The crowd, indifferent to Avatar at first, gets into it with chants of "Avatar! Avatar! Avatar!" JPL eventually catches Avatar with a sick sitout spinebuster for a nearfall. JPL works him over with clubbering, suplexes, slams and a big powerbomb before missing a top rope legdrop. Avatar hits some fancy kicks and a Tazplex for another nearfall. Then he hits a crossbody block which propels both men over the top rope, ala Flair-Steamboat. JR and Claude are already marking out on commentary but they reach a Joey Styles level of excitement when Avatar hits an Asai Moonsault on the floor. Five smarks start an "N-G-Dub" chant, but it doesn't catch on. Avatar goes for a moonsault back in the ring. JPL moves. Le Cannonball! Misses. Avatar goes for a crucifix pin. Countered into a Samoan Drop. 1-2-NO! JPL just gets his shoulder up at 2.9. Malenko-Guerrero pin sequence ensues. JPL rips off Avatar's mask! Avatar covers his face. JPL hits "Walk The Plank," which is what I'm calling the grab leg piledriver from now on. Le Cannonball! Connects! It's academic after that. JPL is your winner! He puts on Avatar's mask after the match because he's a jerk like that.

CB: What a match! What a win!

JR: It was shaping up to be one of the best matches I ever saw until that dirty pirate had to resort to underhanded tactics by stealing Avatar's mask.

CB: Jean-Pierre Lafitte did what he had to do. You call it dirty. I call it smart!

*Commercials:

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have the patience to write up weeks of TV so we're just skipping ahead to the first big show. I'll provide the backstory over the next few days.

New Generation Wrestling presents....
    Live from the DuBurns Arena in Baltimore, Maryland....

Prisoners In Paradise Card

MAIN EVENT to crown the inaugural NGW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

"Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Special Guest Referee, NGW Commissioner, "Mr. Intellivision" George Plimpton!

To determine the first NGW Tag Team Champions

Quebecers (Jacques & Pierre) vs New Breed (Sean Royal & Chris Champion)

Intergender Tag Team Grudge Match

Hollywood's Finest ("The Fabulous" Lana Star & "Illustrious" Johnnie Stewart) vs. The Lumberjacks (Scott "Flapjack" Norton & "Lumberjill" Reggie Bennett)

Special Challenge Match

Ice Train vs. Minotaur w/ "Collector of Human Oddities" James Vandenberg

Real Athlete Challenge Semi-Final #2

Ludvig Borga (representing combat sports) vs. Erik Watts (representing college football)

Semi-Final of the Real Athlete Challenge

Steve "Mongo" McMichael (representing professional football) vs. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz (representing baseball)

Grudge Match- Tag Team Survivor Series Rules

New Rockers (Marty Jannetty/Leif Cassidy) & Ring Crew Express (Dunn/Marcos) vs. Texicans (Tex Slazenger/Shanghai Pierce) & Texas Hangmen (Psycho/Killer)

Grudge Match
    "The Dean" Dean Douglas vs. Maxx Payne

Future bookings on the line

High Rollers (The Gambler & "The Winner" Barry Horowitz) & "Leaping" Lanny Poffo vs. The Extremists (JT Smith/Hack Myers/El Puerto Ricano
    Last edited by Baker; 06-08-2014 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How we got to Prisoners In Paradise

Larry Zbyszko vs. Paul Orndorff

Spoiler

Quebecers vs. New Breed

Spoiler

Lana Star & Johnnie Stewart vs. Reggie Bennett & Scott Norton

Spoiler

Ice Train vs. Minotaur w/ James Vandenberg

Spoiler

Real Athlete Challenge

Ludvig Borga vs. Erik Watts
    Steve McMichaels vs. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz

Spoiler

Texicans & Texas Hangmen vs. New Rockers & Ring Crew Express

Spoiler

Dean Douglas vs. Maxx Payne

Spoiler

Gambler/Barry Horowitz/Lanny Poffo vs. Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano

Spoiler

Presents....

Coming soon!
    Last edited by Baker; 06-11-2014 at 12:30 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents....

The VHS of this show (Available at RF Video for only $29.99! $5 off to Apter Mag subscribers. It's a steal!) opens with....

Spoiler

A light 'N-G-Dub' chant is heard when the Europe ballad stops playing. JR & Claude Baker briefly run down the card before sending it to Gary Michael Cappetta for the introductions to our opening match.

High Rollers (Horowitz & Gambler) & "Leaping" Lanny Poffo vs. The Extremists (Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano)

Spoiler

Extremists vs. High Rollers & Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

Spoiler

Dean Douglas vs. Maxx Payne

Spoiler

Texicans & Texas Hangmen vs. New Rockers & Ring Crew Express- Tag Team Survivor Series Rules

Spoiler

Steve "Mongo" McMichael vs. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz- Real Athlete Challenge Semi-Final

Spoiler

Ludvig Borga vs. Erik Watts- Real Athlete Challenge Semi-Final #2

Spoiler

High Rollers Interview with Lee Marshall

Spoiler

Ice Train vs. Minotaur w/ James Vandenberg

Spoiler

Scott Norton & Reggie Bennett vs. Lana Star & Johnnie Stewart

Spoiler

NGW Tag Title Match- Quebecers vs. New Breed

Spoiler

NGW Title Match- Paul Orndorff vs. Larry Zbyszko w/ Special Guest Referee George Plimpton

Spoiler

TM New Generation Wrestling Entertainment
    MCMXCV

Quick 'n Dirty Results

Spoiler

MCMXCV
    Last edited by Baker; 06-18-2014 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our wildly successful Prisoners In Paradise show had the wrestling world buzzing. Well, maybe not Meltzer, Cornette, and their disciples, but we don't really care about them because everybody knows they're just a bunch of buzzkilling party poopers. Hey Jimmy, give us a call when SMW goes out of business in a few weeks. The Gambler needs somebody to carry his bags. The important thing is PWI loved Prisoners In Paradise! We've quickly become the highest rated 2 a.m. syndicated show in the Baltimore/DC area! Everything is coming up NGW! We've had a solid month of TV since our big breakout show and now it's time to hit another homerun when.....

Presents....
    From the DuBurns Arena in Baltimore, Maryland....

Wings of Tomorrow

The Card

Non-Title 6 Man Tag Team War

The Fabulous Quebecers (c) ("The Mountie" Jacques Rougeau/Quebecer Pierre/"All American Boy" Ray Rougeau) vs. New Breed & "The Chosen One"?*

Non-Title Match- Orndorff gets a title shot at our next supershow if he wins. If Zbyszko wins, Orndorff can never get another title shot so long as Zbyszko is champion and Gary Spivey must leave NGW forever.

"Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko (c) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey

Finals of the Real Athlete Challenge

Ludvig Borga vs. Steve "Mongo" McMichael

Handicap Match

Reggie Bennett vs. "The Fabulous" Lana Star & Patti Pizzazz

Patriot's USA vs. The World Tour

Patriot vs. "The Noblest Brain" Toru Yano

Grudge Match

Fire & Ice (Scott "Flash" Norton & Ice Train) w/Iceman Parsons vs. The Devil's Duo (Minotaur & Papa Shango) w/ James Vandenberg

NO RULES Texas Tornado Bunkhouse Match

Texicans (Shanghai Pierce & Tex Slazenger) vs. Texas Hangmen (Psycho & Killer)

Future Bookings On The Line

Maxx Payne vs. "J-Stew" Johnnie Stewart

Grudge Match

New Rockers (Leif Cassidy & Marty Jannetty) vs. Mensa (Dean Douglas & The Genius)

We'll be back soon to recap the events that have transpired since Prisoners In Paradise. Don't you dare miss it!

*NGW is running a contest where any fan who correctly guesses the identity of "The Chosen One" wins a prize. Guesses can be sent to me via PM or posted on my wall. Only one guess per fan. NGW thanks you for your support.
    Last edited by Baker; 06-12-2014 at 03:16 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How We Got To....

Part One

New Rockers vs. Mensa (Dean Douglas & "The Genius" Lanny Poffo)

Spoiler

Maxx Payne vs. Johnnie Stewart

Spoiler

NO RULES Texas Tornado Bunkhouse Match- Texicans vs. Texas Hangmen

Spoiler

Patriot vs. Toru Yano

Spoiler

Reggie Bennett vs. Lana Star & Patti Pizzazz

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How We Got To....

Part Two

Fire & Ice (Scott "Flash" Norton & Ice Train) w/ Iceman Parsons vs. The Devil's Duo (Minotaur & Papa Shango) w/ James Vandenberg

Spoiler

Steve "Mongo" McMichael vs. Ludvig Borga- Finals of the Real Athlete Challenge

Spoiler

Non Title Match- "Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko (c) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Spoiler

Fabulous Quebecers (c) (Jacques & Ray Rougeau & Quebecer Pierre) vs. New Breed & "The Chosen One?"

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 06-14-2014 at 01:00 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents....

Wings of Tomorrow

Spoiler

*The Texicans are in the ring when the show starts. Referees are pleading with them to leave the ring. They refuse. Shanghai grabs the mic.

Shanghai Pierce- Format? Screw format! Texas Hangmen, get your sorry butts out here and let's do this right NOW!

*Commissioner Plimpton comes out from the back. He whispers something to the ref and Gary Michael Cappetta. The two men shrug and GMC grabs his mic to explain the rules. The format is out the window thanks to the Texicans.

-There are no rules. Anything goes until a pinfall or submission is recorded.
    -If either Hangman or Shanghai Pierce is pinned or submitted, they must remove their mask. If Tex Slazenger is defeated, his head will be shaved. The Texas Hangmen rush the ring with a noose and cowbell before their theme can be played. The Battle of Texas is on!

Texicans vs. Texas Hangmen- NO RULES Masks vs. Hair Match for Texas Supremacy

The Texicans meet the Hangmen with boots as the masked duo rolls into the ring. Shanghai grabs a sock full of quarters out of his pants. He swings at Killer but misses. Tex wildly swings the cowbell he took from Psycho, but his blows also miss. The Texas Hangmen try regrouping on the floor but the Texicans follow them out. It's a pier six brawl on the floor. 300 pound bodies are flying all over the ringside area. Shanghai hits a Cactus Clothesline over the barricade. Killer smashes Tex's face into the announce table. Shanghai & Psycho brawl in the crowd. Tex & Killer are rolling around on the ringside floor. It's total chaos. Whoa! A chair wizzes by JR's face. This is a vintage ECW-style match back before those things were even en vogue. All four men wind up brawling in the crowd for five minutes. The hipper fans chants "N-G-Dub!" But some of the other fans are turned off by the wildness of this match.

All four men make their way back to the ringside area. Tex is wearing a crimson mask. The other three men probably are as well, but it is hard to tell underneath their regular masks. Shanghai hits the Slop Drop on Killer but Pyscho immediately decks him with the cowbell. Tex breaks up the cover with a big elbow drop. Now Killer is up. He levels Tex with a sick chairshot. 1-2-No! Shanghai returns the favor for his partner. Psycho chokes Shanghai from behind with the noose. Tex sneaks up with a slop drop! Cover. NO! Killer drills Slazenger with the sock full of quarters. Tex is out. The Hangmen set Shanghai up for their Hangmen's Noose finisher. It connects! 1-2-3! The Texas Hangmen are your winners! Shanghai Pierce must unmask!

Texas Hangmen defeat The Texicans when Shanghai Pierce is pinned in 8:47. Shanghai is forced to unmask.

The Hangmen try unmasking Pierce themselves to claim further glory, but Pierce valiantly fights them off. Tex finally comes to and runs the Hangmen off with a chair. Shanghai tries sneaking out before removing his mask, but Commissioner Plimpton comes out to put a stop to that. Shanghai knows he's beat, so he finally does remove the mask. He looks pretty much like Tex. Slazenger consoles his partner as a small "Shanghai Pierce" chant gets started in the crowd.

Maxx Payne vs. "J-Stew" Johnnie Stewart

Stewart is out first to I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt by Right Said Fred. He hears a chorus of boos. Stewart wears a pink boa over a pink robe. His tights are also pink. He has the word "Lana" written inside a heart on the back of his tights. Poor dude just can't let go. He argues with GMC because our ring announcer introduced him from Beverly Hills instead of Stewart's preferred Hollywood.

Maxx Payne is out next to Am I Evil by Metallica. The majority of fans support him, but our younger fans are still scared of him, and some older fans boo him because they prefer Glenn Miller to metal. Payne licks his chops as he sees Stewart.

Stewart stalls for a while, getting a pair of 19 counts (countouts are 20 seconds in NGW) on the floor. He knows he needs to win this match to secure future bookings, and maybe even win back Lana! (fat chance) But he just can't muster up the courage needed to face the black-clad rocker. The Milkman (who hasn't been seen since PIP) wanders through the crowd holding a bunch of signs. Poor Milky is looking even rougher than usual. His signs read "Please Hire Me Back" "Milk Don't Pay," "I'll work cheap" and "I have to 14 children to feed." Crowd chants for Milkman while Stewart is wasting time. J-Stew FINALLY makes his move while Payne is distracted by the Milkman-caused commotion in the crowd. Stewart jumps Payne from behind with some feeble blows to the back. Payne finally reacts on the 5th one. He turns around and gives Stewart an evil grin. Stewart tries to run but Payne tackles him with an armbar takedown. Maxx quickly transitions into the Payne Killer. Stewart submits before the ref can even ask if he wants to give it up. Then he yells "OWW!" at the top of his lungs. Maxx Payne is your winner by submission!

Winner- Maxx Payne by submission in a little over 2 minutes

Payne gives Stewart a dirty look, shakes his head, and leaves the ring. Stewart writhes in pain on the canvas screaming "He broke my arm!" Crowd chants "Stew Rat" as Stewart sloooowly crawls back up the aisle muttering something about "Lana."

Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons vs. The Devil's Duo w/ James Vandenberg

Devil's Duo come out first to the theme from Halloween. Most fans boo them, but some of the younger kids are too terrified even to boo. These little tykes just hide their eyes in horror.

Fire & Ice are out next to Boyazont by Europe because I can't think of anything else, and I always go with Europe when in doubt. They get a nice ovation.

Minotaur starts out with Ice Train. Train bumrushes him at the bell with a big double leg takedown, which earns some "Choo Choo" chants. Mounted punches by Train. Now he's stomping on Minotaur's sleeve arm. He takes the sleeve off! And throws it into the crowd. The volume of those "Choo Choo" chants increases. Minotaur scampers to his corner. Tag to Shango. Train is all, "Bring it, bitch!" Shango makes funny faces instead of entering the ring. Vandenberg is freaking out on the floor. Train brings Shango in the hard way with a vertical suplex. He pulls Shango's boot off and beats him with it as payback for Shango's boot-related curse. Ref is letting this slide. Train is exhausted from kicking ass, so he tags out to Norton. This delay gives Shango time to start a voodoo dance, but he doesn't get very far before Norton levels him with a Japanese-style lariat. Big "Flapjack" chants by the crowd. Norton picks Shango up. NO WAY! Gorilla Press Slam by Norton on the 300 plus pound Papa Shango. Shango rolls over to tag Minotaur. Minotaur snorts and gets down in charge position. He charges Flapjack! And bounces right off the big Lumberjack. This is turning into a slaughter. Norton powerbombs the 300 pounder. Vandenberg sneaks up on Iceman Parsons. The Sinister Minister swings the Book of Eibon! But Parsons easily dodges because he sensed it coming from a mile away. Vandenberg gets whacked upside the head with the Boom Stick. Norton hits a running powerslam after tagging out to Ice Train. Train comes off with a 2nd rope splash. 1-2-3! Fire & Ice just destroyed Vandenberg's oddities.

Winners- Fire & Ice when Train pinned Minotaur in under 4 minutes.

Minotaur lies motionless in the ring. Shango and Vandenberg do the same on the floor. This was Squash City, folks. Norton, Train and Parsons celebrate with the ringside fans.

*Ludvig Borga walks into the Fabulous Quebecers locker room carrying a bunch of pamphlets. The FQ show how seriously they are taking their upcoming match with the New Breed and "The Chosen One" by playing a game of Risk. Several empty bottles of Molson and Labatt's lie on the table.

Jacques- Louie, baby! What's up? (goes to shake Borga's hand)
    Borga (ignoring the handshake)- Da number of Americain atrocities vorldvide.
    Jacques (laughing awkwardly)- Funny guy.....
    Borga- I come in search of soldiers for my Movement. Can I count on you?
    Ray- Well, I am an All American Boy. Sorry, buddy. Your movement isn't really my kind of thing.
    Ludvig- Do you tink you are funny? You are not funny. You are not fooling anyvun eiter. Even dese stupid Americains can see trough you.
    Jacques (thumbing through the pamphlets)- Look Louie, we don't like America anymore than you do. We hope you kick Mongo's butt and hump the American flag later tonight. It's just that....well....isn't this stuff a little extreme? I mean, guerilla warfare.....poisoning their water supply.....that bit about the concentration camps. Sorry, but you're just a little too.....what's the phrase I'm looking for?
    Pierre- Chauve-soris merde fou?
    Jacques- That's it! So good luck tonight, but please leave us alone. We don't want to be part of any Movements. You're starting to remind me a little too much of those nutters, the New Breed.
    Ray- Hah! I've just captured Scandinavia!
    Jacques- Meh. Who cares? Scandinavia is weak.
    Borga- Vat did you say?!? Scandinavia is not veak! (Borga flings the board against the wall. Then he smashes his fist through the table while the Fabulous Quebecers look on in horror.)

Patriot vs. Toru Yano

Patriot enters first to The Star Spangled Banner. He proudly waves Old Glory while the crowd serenades him with "USA" chants. "America's Hero" is announced from "Your Hometown." Patriot leads the crowd in The Pledge of Allegiance.

Yano comes out to Ninja by Europe because when in doubt.....He's waving an RF Video "Best of Toru Yano" VHS tape in the faces of the booing ringside fans. Yano is without his YWGP championship belt, but he is not without his trademark swagger. He continues to taunt the ringside fans before getting right up in Patriot's face. RVD taunt. Oh no! Yano spit water in Patriot's face. He follows it up with some clubbering. Patriot no-sells! Yano runs! The "USA" chants increase.

Patriot outpowers, outwrestles, and outbrawls Yano, but Yano uses the noblest brain~! to keep things competitive. Patriot easily wins a test of strength. They go for another. This time Yano boots Patriot in the gut and takes over with clubbering and illegal rope-assisted restholds. Yano scores some 2 counts off rope-assisted rollups while JR & Claude Baker inform the viewing audience how Yano needs this win to secure future bookings in NGW. His antics have made him persona non grata with the stodgy Japanese wrestling establishment so now he is looking to make a name for himself in the US. Patriot comes back with some big lefts to floor Yano. But then he misses a dropkick when Yano holds onto the ropes. Yano points to his head after this, and every cheat. All his head pointing infuriates the crowd, so they chant "USA" even louder. Patriot comes back with a press slam and a powerslam. He goes up top for the Patriot Missile (diving shoulderblock) but Yano moves! La Majistral cradle! 1-2-NO! Patriot powers Yano up into a Samoan Drop. What strength by the American Hero! This scores a two count. But again Patriot misses a charge. This time he ends up on the floor. Yano is digging into his trunks. He comes out with....

Handcuffs! Boo! Yano cuffs Patriot to the barricade. Oh man, Yano is living it up now! Much head pointing and taunting ensue. Yano snatches the water bottle of a ringside fan. He takes a drink. Then he spits water right in Patriot's face. What a jerk! Yano trashtalks in Japanese while Patriot yanks on the cuffs, making the entire barricade shake. Ref finally starts to count now that Yano is back in the ring. Patriot continues to tug on the cuffs. He encourages the "USA" chants with his other arm. Oh my god! Patriot broke the cuffs off the barricade when the ref reached 17! What power! Yano looks like he just saw a ghost. Patriot slides in at 19. Yano turns around to run but the Patriot grabs him in a Full Nelson. Uncle Slam! 1-2-3! Patriot is your winner!

Winner- Patriot by pinfall in 10:11.

The still-undefeated Patriot invites some ringside children into the ring to wave the flag while Yano crawls out the other side.

New Rockers vs. Mensa

Mensa is out first to Dean Douglas' WWF theme. They receive loud boos. The Genius is about to recite a poem but the crowd refuses to pipe down as per his request. Genius is really pissed about this. Now he's about to recite his poem to spite of the heathens in the audience....

When The Rockers enter to Europe's Rock The Night and a nice pop.

Marty & Leif rush the ring but Mensa is too smart to stand their ground and brawl with the pissed off Rockers. Dean & Genius wisely retreat to the floor while the Rockers play air guitar and do a bunch of high fives like the loveable goofballs they are. Douglas just shakes his head while Genius jaws with the ringside fans.

Leif & Douglas start it off with some nice chain wrestling. The hipper fans give them golf claps when they reach a stalemate. The rest of the crowd starts getting restless. Back to more chain wrestling. This time Leif grabs the upper hand until The Dean takes over by pulling his hair. More hair-pulling shenanigans ensue. Crowd hates The Dean's shady tactics but gets a kick out of Leif getting payback with the same tactics. Both men tag out.

Genius prances in and does a random backflip off the second rope. He gives the booing a crowd a curtsey. Marty follows with a top rope backflip and some air guitar. Crowd cheers. Genius rushes Marty but the elder statesman of the Rockers easily counters with an armdrag and follows that up with a Japanese armdrag. Crowd chants Marty's name and boos The Genius. Genius & Marty engage in a game of one upsmanship. Genius does some pretty cool gymnastics routines but Marty always comes back with something better until he finds himself getting popped by The Dean when he wanders into the wrong corner. Genius quickly tags out and Douglas takes Marty to school. Dean hits some suplexes and a rolling necksnap. Tag out to Genius. Genius comes in with the Eddie Guerrero somersault from the apron. Then he does some cartwheels. Crowd REALLY hates him now.

Genius & Dean work Marty over in their corner with quick tags and generic doubleteams. Crowd is getting hostile. Genius misses his "Honor Roll" swanton bomb. Marty craaaawls to his corner. Tag to Dean. Tag to Leif! The young Rocker enters as a house of fire. T-Bone suplex on Douglas! Sitout spinebuster on Genius! Fancy karate kicks to Dean! Facefirst suplex on Genius! "Rock and Roll! Rock and Roll!" chant the Baltimore fans. Leif looks to finish Dean off with a moonsault but the Genius socks him with his metal scroll. 1-2-Not this way- Thr...NO! Marty breaks up the pin at 2.9!

It's a pier six brawl. Genius is thrown over the top rope. He appears to have injured his leg on the way down. Referee goes to check on Poffo. Rockers set Douglas up for their Superkick-German Suplex finisher while this is going on. But wait! It's Toru Yano! What the hell is he doing here? He clobbers Snow in the back of the head with Poffo's scroll. Marty decks Yano with a superkick but this gives Douglas enough time to recover and hook Jannetty in the Final Exam (Perfectplex). It connects! Genius has magically recovered on the floor. Ref is back in. 1-2-3! Mensa have stolen one from the New Rockers!

Winners- Mensa in 10:22 when Douglas pinned Jannetty after Toru Yano interfered.

A smug Douglas announces Toru Yano as his "Foreign Exchange Student" and "the leader of Mensa's Japanese chapter" to massive boos. Looks like Toru Yano has used The Noblest Brain to secure future bookings in NGW.

Handicap Match- Reggie Bennett vs. Lana Star & Patti Pizzazz

A despondent Patti Pizzazz appears without music to roll out the red carpet for Lana Star. Lana's WOW theme hits....but no Lana. What's going on here? Oh no! Lana is here, but her leg is in a pink cast and is using pink crutches to make it to the ring. The horror! Poor, poor Lana Star. Lana gamely uses the crotches to hobble down the aisle. What a warrior! What a fighter! What a trooper! I tell ya, there is no quit in this young woman! Patti helps Lana up to the apron. Then she holds the ropes open for Lana like the best gosh darn personal assistant in the world today. A grateful Lana pats Patti on the head. A confused GMC looks to Lana for answers. Lana snatches the mic from his greasy palms. YES! Lana is going to speak. I hope she's ok!

Lana- I desperately wanted to compete for all my fans today but I just can't do it. Earlier today, I was driving my old pink Porsche back to the dealer because it was time for a new pink Porsche. I always get rid of them when I need that first new tank of gas. Old things are so yucky. Anyway, I was cruising down Ventura Boulevard when this little blue-haired old lady cut me off! I crashed into a restraining barrier when I swerved to avoid her and....

A crying Patti Pizzazz hugs her hero- Oh Lana, say no more! I am sooooo sorry! I know I was supposed to take the car back for you this morning! I am such a bad girl! I neglected my main responsibility so I could clean all your heels again because heels are prettier than cars. I should just quit now. Can you ever forgive me? How can I go on? Oh Lana, I am SOOOOO sorry (Patti gets down on her knees and begs Lana to forgive her)

Lana- I forgive you, Patti Pizzazz.

*Patti leaps to her feet to give Lana a big hug. Lana winces because of her leg injury. Patti backs away with a facepalm and starts crying again.

Lana- The truth is, this is as much my fault as yours. I give you too much to do. I sometimes forget you're not me, and you can't handle as much as I do. I've been a little hard on you, Patti Pizzazz.

Patti- You have not! Why you're the kindest, most bestest boss a girl could ever have!

Lana- No, Patti. Remember how I told you I'm always right? Now you're just going to have to listen. This is going to be harder for me than for you. Sometimes I am a little too tough on you. I do it for your own good, of course! It's called 'tough love.' I want you to be the best personal assistant you can be! But sometimes I do overwork with you. I understand that now. I'm going to have to be a better mistress. I need to realize you're not as smart, or as pretty, or as stylish, or as talented, as I am. Now I'm going to make a little deal with you, Patti. I think you're going to like it. I obviously can't compete against Reggie Bennett tonight (major boos) so you're going to have to wrestle her by yourself. I know you can do it.

Patti (apprehensively biting her lip)- Gee, I don't know, Lana. Reggie Bennett is so big and mean and strong and tough. She'll hurt me, Lana! I just know it! Can't you just....I mean, I can't do it by myself....Oh, I don't know what to do, Lana!

Lana (gently patting Patti on the head)- OK, Patti. I'll have to risk further injury by wrestling that overgrown beastwoman. It's ok. I don't want to force you into anything you don't want to do. Though I'm not sure what you will do without me. But hey, that's just a risk you'll have to take.

Patti (snatching the mic from Lana with shocking speed)- NOOOO! Don't do it, Lana! I'll wrestle her by myself. Gosh, I don't know what I was thinking. You're hurt. I understand. I'll do my best for you, Lana.

Lana (directs a look of utmost gratitude at her faithful personal assistant)- Patti, that was such a brave...such an ADULT thing to do. You're the best, Patti Pizzazz. (Patti gets an expression of total devotion on her face, much like that of a faithful old dog) But you didn't even listen to my end of the bargain. I'm going to give you not one, but TWO treats for wrestling Reggie Bennett by yourself.

Patti (jumps up and down clapping her hands)- YAY!

Lana- First, you're going to get your very own entrance music!

Patti (jumping higher and clapping harder)- HOORAY!

Lana (smiling)- I knew you'd like it! And I bet you like this even more. For the loyalty you have shown in my time of need, I am, for one night only, going to allow you to be a cheerleader again!

Patti- SQUEE! (she hugs Lana again. This time Lana forgets to sell her "injury")

Lana- Now go back up the aisle and stop by my dressing room to pick up your new pink pompoms. That'll give the idiot sound guy enough time to cue up your new music. Oh, and don't forget to roll up my red carpet on your way back to my dressing room. And I just know your new cheer will be in my honor because of all I've done for you, right?

Patti- Oh, absolutely! Yes, ma'am! No doubt about it! I'm going to come up with the bestest cheer ever for you, Lana!

Lana- I knew you would. You're such a good personal assistant. Now get going, Patti.

*Patti Pizzazz rolls up Lana's red carpet with a look of pure bliss. She is actually skipping as she walks back behind the curtain. Lana stares into her mirror while Patti is gone. Our backstage camera picks up a furious Reggie Bennett stomping around in her locker room. Several referees are keeping Bennett locked in her room because Lana Star has a special contract where she is guaranteed a certain amount of TV time without being interrupted. Otherwise, Reggie would have rushed the ring long ago.

Spoiler

*Patti Pizzazz's new theme hits. Crowd doesn't know what to make of this. Patti prances down the aisle waving brand new pink pompoms.

Patti- Get well *clapclap* Get well soon *clapclap* I want you to get well *clapclap* Please get weeeellll *clapclap* LaaanaStaaarr! (does a split)

Lana Star applauds Patti's performance with mock sincerity

"Kiss Me Deadly" by Lita Ford plays as a pissed off Reggie Bennett comes storming out of the back with a microphone in hand.

Reggie- I've heard it all now. Don't be stupid, Patti. Everybody else in this building knows Lana Star isn't really hurt. She's just as healthy as you or me. Am I right, people? (crowd shouts "yes!") She's using you, Patti. Just like she used Johnnie Stewart, and look where he is now. You'll be next if you're not careful. Leave now. Go help nurse your REAL partner suffering from a REAL injury, Randi Rah Rah, back to health, and leave that arrogant Hollywood princess to me. I've already said I don't want to hurt you, Patti PEP, and I stand by that, but I will if I have to. Make the right choice, Patti. Leave that manipulative vixen to me.

*Patti seems to consider Bennett's words until Lana shoots her a sad puppy dog look. That makes up Patti's mind. She will be fighting for her mistress. Reggie just shakes her head from side to side and enters the ring.

Reggie Bennett vs. Patti Pizzazz w/ Lana Star

The Lumberjack Queen is almost twice the size of Patti. Patti wants a test of strength. Reggie holds up one hand like "puh-leaze" but Patti grabs Bennett's hand with both of her hands. Bennett immediately wins the test by chucking Patti halfway across the ring. Reggie jaws with Lana while Patti hits 10 feeble blows to Bennett's back. The 10th stung a little so Reggie swats the former cheerleader away with one blow. Patti charges and bounces right off the big lumberjack. Reggie with a big headlock takedown. Patti is just about to submit to the headlock when Reggie lets her out. Reggie picks Patti up by her trunks and drags her over to Lana. Reggie holds Patti's hand out to tag Lana, but Lana backs away quicker than a woman with a leg injury should be able to do. Reggie does the "just bring it" taunt to Lana. She even closes her eyes and puts both hands behind her back, practically begging Lana to get in the ring. "The Fabulous" Lana Star still refuses to enter, continuing to use her 'injury' as an excuse. Reggie is tired of playing games, so she chases Lana on the floor. Lana falls and begs for mercy. Reggie licks her chops. She finally has the Hollywood princess right where she wants her. "Hey, you leave her alone!" yells Patti Pizzazz from the top rope. Reggie turns around just in time to catch Patti's dive. Reggie walks up to the apron with Patti and drops her back in the ring. Lana removes her cumbersome cast. Reggie turns around just in time to see Lana holding a crutch like a baseball bat. Reggie instinctively ducks. Lana's homerun swing misses. Reggie gives Lana the evil eye before rolling back into the ring. Patti attempts a handspring elbow. Reggie catches her in mid-flight and effortlessly hoists the young personal assistant up into gorilla press position, throws her high up in the air, and catches her on the way down with a powerslam. Patti is done. Reggie gently covers Patti to score the easy three count.

Winner- Reggie Bennett by pinfall in about 3 minutes

OH SHIT! Lana just broke a crutch over Reggie Bennett's back. Reggie doesn't even flinch! Uh oh! She's PISSED now. Lana swings the other crutch. Reggie catches it and breaks it over her knee. "Reggie's Gonna Kill You!"- Baltimore. Reggie stalks Lana. Patti Pizzazz, having gained a second wind after seeing her hero in peril, jumps on Reggie's back. Reggie snapmares her over and BOOM! Lana cracks Reggie over the head with the mirror! Bennett's eyes roll back in her head and she collapses. NO! Lana pulls out a pair of scissors. Bah gawd, that jezebel Lana Star is going to rape Reggie Bennett of her dignity! A deranged Lana Star yells stuff at the bloody Bennett which has no place in a PG promotion like NGW. She is going to be fined for this! Lana cuts a few of Bennett's locks off before a slew of officials, including Commissioner Plimpton, break up the melee. Lana makes Patti pick up the hair. Crowd is PISSED! Missiles of rotten fruit fly at Lana. Patti courageously acts as a shield for her mistress. Patti is covered in nasty old fruit. Lana remains spotless. Now Plimpton and Lana are yelling at each other while Patti looks more confused than ever. The other officials roll Reggie Bennett onto an improvised stretcher. GOOD GRIEF! Lana just slapped Plimpton! This woman has broken every rule in the book! There are bound to be severe repercussions for Ms. Star's behavior. Plimpton stares daggers through Lana before leaving the ring in a huff with a handprint on his face. A concerned Patti goes to check on Reggie Bennett. Patti gets a queasy look on her face.

Lana Star- What are you doing, Patti?!
    Patti- Is....is she dead, Lana?
    Lana Star- Hopefully! Now get my belongings! We're getting out of this dump!
    *Patti obediently fetches Lana's things. Lana pulls something out of her cowboy hat. She walks over to the medics treating Bennett and pushes them aside.
    Lana Star- Outta my way, cretins! (Lana writes her autograph on Reggie's top in pink marker)
    *Lana gets her hat just right and triumphantly walks back up the aisleway waving to her "legions of fans" while her WOW theme plays. Not a hair is out of place. Her pink outfit is spotless. A concerned Patti looks back at the medics tending to Bennett and receives a slap and a scolding from Lana for her curiosity.

Finals of the Real Athlete Challenge- Ludvig Borga vs. Steve "Mongo" McMichael

McMichael is out to Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. by Percy Faith. He gets a good pop which grows in volume when he grabs an American flag from a ringside fan to wave.

The Finnish national anthem can barely be heard over all the boos and "USA" chants Ludvig Borga is greeted with.

Mongo is smiling like a goofball and playing to the crowd when Borga walks right up and piefaces the former Chicago Bear superstar. Mongo gets a serious look on his face and rushes Borga for a double leg takedown. Borga blocks and hits elbow smashes to Mongo's back and head. Mongo is forced to break his grip on Borga. Borga rushes in with a series of kidney punches. Mongo is doubled over sucking wind. Borga punts him in the face. Mongo is down. Borga follows up with mounted punches to the face. Then he chokes Mongo and slams the back of his head into the mat. Ref breaks the hold. Mongo gets to all fours. Borga boots him in the gut and goes down for a side bearhug. Mongo squirms but cannot escape. He eventually does reach the ropes for a break. Mongo is huffing and puffing. Borga hasn't even broken a sweat. Borga lets Mongo throw some wild haymakers. The Finnish powerhouse easily dodges them before coming back with kidney punches. Mongo crumples to the canvas. Borga tests out his field goal kicking skills on Mongo's ribs. I think they'd have been good from 50 yards. The "USA" chants have never really stopped but they grow in volume now that Erik Watts comes out to lend Mongo his support. Borga taunts Watts and the crowd. Mongo finally mounts a comeback when he blocks some Borga punches and hits a few of his own. Borga staggers but does not go down. Mongo gets down in a three point stance. He charges! Right into a Borga uppercut. Mongo falls like a giant redwood being felled in the forest. Borga drops a big elbow on Mongo's heart. The Finnish superstar holds his arm out in what is eerily similar to a "Heil Hitler" gesture. He shouts stuff in Finnish before lifting Mongo up in the Torture Rack. Mongo submits after a few seconds. That was a massacre. Ludvig Borga is the winner of the Real Athlete Challenge!

Winner- Ludvig Borga by submission in the longest 5 minutes of Mongo McMichael's life.

*An already-upset George Plimpton hands Borga the trophy he earned and quickly exits the ringside area. No speech. No pomp and circumstance. Plimpton doesn't like Borga and he's not in the mood. Mongo's breathing is labored as he rolls out of the ring.

Borga grabs the mic for another tirade but Erik Watts has seen and heard enough! Oklahoma's 2nd favorite son hops in the ring. A "Lets Go Erik!" chant accompanies the still-strong "USA" chants.

But the pro-Watts chant is short-lived. Watts runs into a stiff Borga clothesline. Borga hoists Watts up from the ground in a double choke position. The big Finn chucks Watts into the corner and pounds away with a steady diet of face punches and kidney punches. Torture Rack. Watts screams "I Quit" but, far from letting go, Borga increases the pressure by bouncing. The "USA" chants raise to a fever pitch when "America's Hero" The Patriot comes running down the aisle! Hell yeah! Stare down! HOLY SHIT! Patriot vs. Borga! Borga backs down! Patriot stands alone in the ring while the National Anthem plays. Crowd is going bonkers. Borga grabs his trophy, yells some stuff in Finnish, and leaves.

Non-Title Match- "Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko (c) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey

GMC goes over the stipulations one last time.

-If Zbyszko wins, Orndorff can never challenge for the title again so long as Zbyszko holds it.
    -If Orndorff wins, he gets a title shot at an upcoming show.

Orndorff receives a huge pop as he comes out to his classic WCW theme accompanied by Gary Spivey. Chants of "Next World Champ" ring out from the NGW faithful.

Zbyszko seems more confident then ever as he strolls down the aisle to the sounds of Tina Turner's Simply The Best. Larry Legend "Zbyszko Twirls" the jeering Spudheads.

Zbyszko avoids several lockups, bailing from the ring to jaw with the Spudheads every time. Orndorff leads the fans in several different anti-Zbyszko chants. Now Zbyszko wants to amateur wrestle. He gets down on all fours, but bails again as soon as Orndorff is about to make his move. Zbyszko takes a page out of Mensa's handbook by pointing to his head. Crowd is growing more and more hostile.

Zbyszko suddenly goes for Gary Spivey. He has the chubby psychic by the throat. NO! Don't do it, Larry. Whew! Orndorff makes the save just in the nick of time. Shoot! Zbyszko reversed an irish whip and sent Orndorff hard into the barricade. Now we go to school. Zbyszko stomps a mudhole in Mr. Wonderful on the floor before rolling him back in the ring. Zbyszko drops some knees and elbows. Zbyszko trashtalks the prone Orndorff before slapping him in the face. Orndorff fights back but is quickly neutralized by a front facelock. Zbyszko is proving why he is our champion. The Living Legend hits a few slams, backbreakers and suplexes. He calls for the piledriver. No! Orndorff backdrops out of it to a big pop. Now Orndorff takes over with punches and clotheslines. Zbyszko calls timeout but there are no timeouts in wrestling! Orndorff hits 10 mounted punches in the corner. Zbyszko Flair flops. Orndorff goes up to the 2nd turnbuckle. It's rare territory for Mr. Wonderful. NO! Zbyszko dodges a Bret Hart-style elbow drop. Like a shark smelling blood, Zbyszko pounces on the injured arm of his greatest NGW rival. Stomps and armbars ensue until Zbyszko telegraphs a back body drop. Orndorff sets up the piledriver! But his arm is too weak to lift and Zbyszko is able to back drop out of it. A desperate Spivey leads the crowd in a seemingly awkward "You ARE Mister Wonderful" chant, but they somehow make it work.

Zbyszko taunts the fans by pretending to lead them in the chant like a conductor. He sets up for the piledriver. NO! This time Orndorff back body drops out of it and starts Hulking Up. But the wily vet Zbyszko is able to bail again. Orndorff gives chase. Zbyszko accidentally bumps into Gary Spivey. Spivey pops him! Zbyszko sells it like a gunshot. Crowd, Orndorff, the ref and Spivey himself get a kick out of this.

Sly Zbyszko reaches into his tights for a foreign object while the other parties involved yuck it up. Orndorff comes to get him. POW! Zbyszko decks Orndorff with the foreign object. 1-2-Not like this!- NO! Orndorff is up at 2.9. The "Mis-Ter-Won-Der-Ful" chant reaches its apex. Zbyszko can't believe it. He argues with the ref. Zbyszko goes for another piledriver. This time Orndorff shoves him backwards. Zbyszko bumps the ref. Orndorff shrugs and kicks Zbyszko really, really hard in the nuts. Crowd loves it. Payback is a bitch, huh Larry? Ref turns around. Orndorff calls for the Piledriver! He hits it! 1-2-3! Paul Orndorff has just pinned the NGW Champion!

Winner- Paul Orndorff by pinfall in 17:50. Orndorff earns a rematch for the title at an upcoming show.

*Orndorff and Spivey celebrate while the crowd sings along to Wonderful's theme. Wonderful grabs Zbyszko's NGW championship belt, looks lovingly at it, tries it on, and kisses it before throwing it down at the still laid out Zbyszko. Segment ends with Zbyszko greedily cradling the belt while whispering "Mine....still mine....all mine."

*JR and Claude Baker recap the incredible events that have already transpired and hype the main event. Fans are asked who they think "The Chosen One" will be. Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and Undertaker are the names most frequently mentioned. One fan guessed Eddie Gilbert because "Eddie Gilbert isn't really dead. That was just a lie the establishment wrestling promoters came up with to keep Eddie out of mainstream wrestling because he's too controversial." This guy has been listening to too many Larry Zbyszko promos. JR & Claude also announce British actress, Julia Sawalha, has become such a big NGW fan that she bought a minority share in the promotion. That brings the list of known owners up to four- Commissioner Plimpton, Joey Tempest, Gary Spivey and now Miss Sawalha.

Fabulous Quebecers vs. New Breed & "The Chosen One"

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers come out to their JUNO award winning "All American Boys" theme. Jacques high-fives Ray before walking back to the locker room so he can come out again with Pierre to another JUNO award winning theme. "Chosen One" and "New Breed" chants are mixed in with all the booing.

New Breed come out alone to Europe's "Future To Come. The Quebecers mock the Breed by counting 1-2 over and over again. Sean grabs the mic and simply says "The past, present and future of professional wrestling will be here when the time is right." Champion adds a "Don't worry." Then the Breed rush The Fabulous Quebecers.

The Quebecers stand their ground because they have the numbers advantage. Sure enough, they soon take control when Pierre catches a springboarding Champion with a powerslam. The Fabulous Quebecers work Champion over with double and triple teams while Royal is strangely calm on the apron. Champion catches Ray with a savate kick and makes the tag to Royal. New Breed work Ray over with some state of the art for 1995 offense involving fancy suplexes and high flying. The New Breed momentum is thwarted when Royal goes tumbling over the top rope because Jacques pulled it down while Royal was running the ropes. Pierre hits a big senton on the floor. Jacques works Royal over with some Mountie control techniques before tagging out to Ray, who soon gets caught in a snap suplex. Royal holds on to 'invent' the Three Amigos spot. Tag to Champion, who this time connects with a big springboard crossbody.

New Breed work Ray over and are able to keep the Quebecers at bay despite their numbers advantage. Ref loses control when The Quebecers interfere on a Flux Capacitor attempt. Getting into a wild brawl when you have a man down is never a good idea and, sure enough, the Fabulous Quebecers assume control. They retain control through a combination of skill and cheating. Jacques is feeling it now. He taunts the Breed and the fans. All three Fabulous Quebecers take turns pretending to be The Chosen One. Ref gets in the way one time too many so Jacques piledrives him. The "Chosen One" chants reach a fever pitch but no Savior appears. The New Breed are just about out of it. Yep. Le Bombe Rougeau on Champion. Le Cannonball on Royal. Ray takes off the unconscious referee's shirt and puts it on. Jacques & Pierre cover both New Breeders. 1-2

*LIGHTS GO OUT*

HE'S HERE! Crowd goes nuts. You can feel the electricity in the air.

Spoiler

A spotlight shines on the aisleway. WTF? There are like a thousand cats lining either side of the aisle. They are all wearing silver cat jackets made out of the same material as oven mitts. The cats bob their heads along to the music. What the hell is going on here? HOLY SHIT! There is a motherfucking SPACESHIP hovering above the ring! The Fabulous Quebecers are freaking out. The crowd is losing it. An unknown figure rises out of the space ship. He has a futuristic haircut and wears futuristic shades. He also has a silver jacket and silver pants made out of the same 'oven mitt' material as those cat jackets. The Chosen One actually hovers a foot or two above the spaceship before using the craft as a springboard to hit a shooting star press OFF A MOTHERFUCKING UFO! OH MY GOD! Let me repeat, some dude just did a motherfucking shooting star press off a UFO! He somehow takes out all three Quebecers with this move. The New Breed hit Ray with the Flux Capacitor. The Chosen One follows it up by coming off the top turnbuckle with another shooting star press. The ref (who came to a while back) makes the three count. The New Breed and The Chosen One have defeated The Fabulous Quebecers!

Winners- New Breed & The Chosen One in 17:18

Jacques & Pierre grab Ray and their titles and hightail it back to the locker room. Fans are high fiving one another and chanting "Chosen One" at the top of their lungs. The Chosen One continues to entertain the red hot crowd by doing backflip after backflip off the top turnbuckle. Royal & Champion finally get him to stop after 6 backflips. They hand him a mic.

Chosen One- Call me The Chosen One. Call me The Savior. Call me the past, present and future of professional wrestling. I am all those things and more. My real name is

Spoiler

and I am here because your planet needs me. This is just the beginning. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

*The Chosen One holds his arms out, Bray Wyatt-style, and starts FLOATING back up to his spaceship! He lowers his arms once he reaches the vessel. The lights go out again. We hear a "WHOOSH" in the darkness. The New Breed, Chosen One, all those cats, and the spaceship are gone when the lights come back on. A hush and a feeling of unreality falls over the crowd. They cannot believe what they have just witnessed. Pro wrestling as we know it will never be the same again.

MCMXCV
    Last edited by Baker; 08-17-2015 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents....

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Handicap Match

Fire & Ice w/Iceman Parsons vs. The Extremists (JT Smith/Hack Myers/El Puerto Ricano)

Loser Leaves Town For a Minimum of 90 Days

The Milkman vs. "J-Stew" Johnnie Stewart

ANOTHER Loser Leaves Town for at least 90 Days Match

Texicans vs. Texas Hangmen

Winner gets to be in the corner of his allies for the FINAL COUNTDOWN tag title match

"The Chosen One" Teddy Hart vs. "All American Boy" Ray Rougeau

6 Man Tag Team War

Mensa (Dean Douglas/Genius/Toru Yano) vs. New Rockers & Maxx Payne

Flag Match

"America's Hero" The Patriot vs. Winner of the Real Athlete Challenge Ludvig Borga

NOWHERE TO RUN Cage Match to Crown the First Ever NGW Women's Champion

Reggie Bennett vs. "The Fabulous" Lana Star w/ Patti Pizzazz

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN* Tag Title Match

Quebecers (c) vs. New Breed

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN* NGW Title Match

"Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko (c) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey

*Both "Final Countdown" matches are exactly what the stip implies. This is the last time either match will take place so long as the winners remain champions. Both rivalries are tied at 1-1. This is the rubber match. Both feuds end here. Winner take all.

90 days works out to roughly 3 major shows.

We'll be back later with a recap of the events leading up to FINAL COUNTDOWN and a preview of our biggest show to date. Don't you dare miss it!
    Last edited by Baker; 06-15-2014 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before we get to FINAL COUNTDOWN hype, I'd like to thank our great fans for helping us to become one of only two promotions in the US going through a period of growth. WWF & WCW are at their nadir both financially and creatively. Smoky Mountain Wrestling couldn't draw flies to a turd. I'd be shocked if they're still in business by the end of the year. Memphis wrestling is a shell of its former self with USWA running on fumes. Who knows? Maybe humble little NGW will soon be the #1 wrestling promotion in the US? Stranger things have happened. Our ratings have more than tripled over the past few months! (Meltzer's Note- Technically true. Their first TV show had a little under one thousand viewers in the Baltimore metro area. Lately they've been getting over three thousand viewers per show in their home area) PWI loves us and we received this shoutout from an unexpected source earlier in the week...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi of High Times magazine
    NGW is pretty fucking stoner friendly and just an overall good time.
    Thank you, Mr. Musashi!

Meanwhile, we just landed a new syndicated TV deal in the southern Pennsylvania area. Perhaps we'll soon go toe to toe with the only other promotion experiencing growth in the US; our regional rival, the Philadelphia-based ECW. We also signed contracts to hold TV tapings at four other Baltimore area venues so as not to burn out our DuBurns Arena homebase. Those buildings are Perring Racquet Club, Myers Pavillion, Freestate Athletic Club and Bobby McAvan's Sports Arena.

How We Got To...

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Handicap Match
    Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons vs. The Extremists (Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town for 90 Days
    Johnnie Stewart vs. The Milkman

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town for 90 Days

Spoiler

Winner gets to be in the corner of his allies for the tag title match

Spoiler

6 Man Tag Team War
    Mensa (Dean Douglas/The Genius/Toru Yano) vs. New Rockers & Maxx Payne

Spoiler

FINAL COUNTDOWN match for the NGW Tag Team Championship

Spoiler

NOWHERE TO RUN Cage Match for the NGW Women's Championship

Spoiler

Flag Match
    Ludvig Borga w/ ??? vs. "America's Hero" The Patriot w/ Steve "Mongo" McMichael & Erik Watts

I'll let 80s Rock Gods, Survivor, explain Patriot vs. Borga. They will do a far better job than I ever could, though I will give my own write up since NGW pays me by the word. Now it's time to get even more pumped courtesy of Survivor & Rocky IV.

Spoiler

FINAL COUNTDOWN match for the NGW Heavyweight Championship
    "Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey

Spoiler

*I know you're already hyped for this show because how could you be a living wrestling fan and not be excited about all this epicness? But now prepare to get even more pumped by watching the OFFICIAL FINAL COUNTDOWN MUSIC VIDEO~!

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 06-27-2014 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final hype for THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Handicap Match
    Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons vs. The Extremists (Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano)

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town for at least 90 Days
    Johnnie Stewart vs. The Milkman

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town for at least 90 Days

Spoiler

6 Man Tag Team War
    Mensa (Dean Douglas/The Genius/Toru Yano) vs. New Rockers & Maxx Payne

Spoiler

Winner gets to be in the corner of his allies in the tag title match

FINAL COUNTDOWN match for the NGW Tag Team Championship

Spoiler

NOWHERE TO RUN Cage Match to crown the first NGW Women's Champion

Spoiler

Flag Match
    Ludvig Borga w/ ??? vs. "America's Hero" The Patriot w/ Steve "Mongo" McMichael & Erik Watts

Spoiler

FINAL COUNTDOWN match for the NGW Heavyweight Championship
    "Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey

Spoiler

MCMXCV
    Last edited by Baker; 06-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Came across this while cleaning out my pm box and figured I might as well post it. Maybe it will even inspire me to start this up again....or at least inspire me enough to give an outline on where it all was going.

Presents....

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Sponsored by the recently released extended version of the most decorated film in cinema history....

Now available wherever videos are sold!

*Show starts with Europe making an unannounced appearance to play their multi-platinum megahit, Final Countdown! The crowd response to the world's greatest band puts anything going on up in South Philly to shame. NGW co-owner, and front man of the greatest band in the history of the universe, Joey Tempest, thanks the crowd for coming out and promises them a night of unforgettable wrestling action. The NGW faithful chant "Thank You Joey" and "Thank You Europe" for like 20 minutes. It's insane in the DuBurns Arena.

Handicap Match
    Fire & Ice w/Iceman Parsons vs. The Extremists (JT Smith/Hack Myers/El Puerto Ricano)

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town For a Minimum of 90 Days

The Milkman vs. "J-Stew" Johnnie Stewart

Spoiler

ANOTHER Loser Leaves Town for at least 90 Days Match

Spoiler

Winner gets to be in the corner of his allies for the FINAL COUNTDOWN tag title match

Spoiler

6 Man Tag Team War

Mensa (Dean Douglas/Genius/Toru Yano) vs. New Rockers & Maxx Payne

Spoiler

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN* Tag Title Match

Spoiler

NOWHERE TO RUN Cage Match to Crown the First Ever NGW Women's Champion

Spoiler

Flag Match

"America's Hero" The Patriot w/ Erik Watts & Mongo McMichael vs. Winner of the Real Athlete Challenge Ludvig Borga w/???

Spoiler

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN* NGW Title Match

Spoiler

MCMXCV
    Last edited by Baker; 08-18-2015 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shameless bump.

Show Results

*All shows were held at the DuBurns Arena in Baltimore, MD.

Start From The Dark- June 17, 1995

1. Erik Watts makes Barry Horowitz submit to the STF

2. New Breed defeat Bill Dundee & Buddy Landell when Landell is pinned

3. Reno Riggins pins The Gambler

4. The Mountie defeats Marty Jannetty

5. Larry Zbyszko pins Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

6. "Mr. Wonderful" pins "Master of the Pan Flute" Zan Panzer

7. Jean Pierre Lafitte pins Avatar

Prisoners In Paradise- July 29, 1995

1. The Extremists (Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano) defeat High Rollers (Gambler & Barry Horowitz) & Jake "The Milkman" Milliman when Myers pins Milkman

2. Dean Douglas defeats Maxx Payne after interference from The Genius

3. New Rockers & Ring Crew Express defeat The Texicans & Texas Hangmen in a tag team rules Survivor Series match. New Rockers are sole survivors

4. Steve "Mongo" McMichael pinned Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz in the semi-finals of the Real Athlete Challenge

5. Ludvig Borga defeated Erik Watts in the other Real Athlete Challenge semi-final

6. Minotaur pinned Ice Train after interference from Papa Shango

7. Scott Norton & Reggie Bennett defeated Lana Star & Johnnie Stewart in an intergender tag match when Bennett pinned Stewart

8. Quebecers defeated New Breed to become the inaugural NGW tag team champions with help from a corrupt referee who was later revealed to be Raymond Rougeau

9. Larry Zbyszko pinned Paul Orndorff to become the inaugural NGW Champion

Wings of Tomorrow- August 26, 1995

1. Texas Hangmen defeated The Texicans in a Mask vs. Hair match. As a result, Shanghai Pierce was forced to unmask.

2. Maxx Payne defeats Johnnie Stewart by submission

3. Fire & Ice defeat Papa Shango & The Minotaur when Train pins Minotaur

4. Patriot pinned Toru Yano

5. Mensa (Dean Douglas & The Genius) defeated the New Rockers with help from Toru Yano

6. Reggie Bennett pinned Patti Pizzazz. This was supposed to be a handicap match also involving Lana Star but Lana backed out with an injury which was later proven to be fraudulent.

7. Ludvig Borga won the Real Athlete Challenge by making Steve "Mongo" McMichael submit

8. Paul Orndorff pinned NGW Champion Larry Zbyszko in a non-title match

9. New Breed & mystery partner Teddy Hart defeated The Fabulous Quebecers when Teddy pinned Raymond Rougeau

Final Countdown- 9/30/95

1. Fire & Ice defeated The Extremists. JT Smith turned on Myers & Ricano after the match.

2. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman pinned Johnnie Stewart in a Loser Leaves Town for 90 days match

3. Texicans defeated Texas Hangmen in another Loser Leaves Town for 90 days match

4. Teddy Hart pinned Raymond Rougeau to earn the right to be in the New Breed's corner later in the night

5. New Rockers & Maxx Payne defeated Mensa (Genius/Dean Douglas/Toru Yano) when Yano submitted to Payne

6. Quebecers retained the NGW tag titles in a Final Countdown match when they defeated the New Breed with help from Ludvig Borga

7. Lana Star defeated Reggie Bennett in a steel cage match after interference from Patti Pizzazz and the debuting Spirit Squad

8. Ludvig Borga w/ Yokozuna wrestled The Patriot w/ Mongo McMichael & Erik Watts to a no contest in a match which saw the birth of the Foreign Fanatics

9. Paul Orndorff won the NGW Championship from Larry Zbyszko in a Final Countdown match

Champions

NGW Champion

Larry Zbyszko- 7/29/95 to 9/30/95
    Paul Orndorff- 9/30/95- ???

Tag Team Champions

Quebecers- 7/29/95- ???

Staff

Commissioner/Co-Owner- George Plimpton
    Commentary- Jim Ross & Claude Baker
    Interviewer- Lee Marshall
    Other Co-Owners- Joey Tempest/Julia Sawalha/Gary Spivey

Upcoming Events

Last Look At Eden 10/28/95

FBI (JT Smith & Salvatore Sincere) vs. Hack Myers & El Puerto Ricano

Maxx Payne vs. Toru Yano

Yokozuna vs. Erik Watts & Steve "Mongo" McMichael- Handicap Match

Dean Douglas & The Genius vs. Texicans

Larry Zbyszko vs. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

Quebecers (c) vs. New Rockers- NGW Tag Title Match

New Breed vs. Teddy Hart- Scaffold Match

Scott Norton/Ice Train/Reggie Bennett vs. Lana Star/Patti Pizzazz/Spirit Squad- War Games

Paul Orndorff (c) vs. Ludvig Borga vs. Patriot- Triple Threat match for the NGW Championship

Children Of This Time- 11/25/95

The Time Has Come- 12/30/95

TV Schedule

NGW airs in the Baltimore area as part of Fox 45's "Action Saturday" aka: The Greatest Line Up In Television History. Here is that lineup.

10 am- Conan The Adventurer
    10:30- Exosquad
    11 am- Life With Louie
    11:30- The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross (bought from PBS because you can't have the Greatest Line Up In Television History without some happy little trees)
    Noon- WWF Superstars
    1 pm- WCW Worldwide
    2 pm- NGW Wrestling
    3-7- ACC Football (because nothing is ever perfect)
    7 pm- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
    8 pm- Xena: Warrior Princess
    9 pm- Highlander
    10 pm- Game of Thrones- New show from Beauty and the Beast writer George RR Martin. It looks pretty good. Here is the intro.

NGW also airs in DC on Fox Channel 5 at noon Saturdays and noon Sundays on Baltimore's WNUV 54.

What the critics are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Musashi of High Times magazine
    NGW is pretty fucking stoner friendly and just an overall good time
    Quote Originally Posted by (Magnum) PI
    This is the strangest, most bizarre, most eclectic wrestling show I've ever watched. And it's awesome for that. Count me in as part of the "We're not worthy" brigade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin in Baltimore
    NGW is pro wrestling the way it oughta be!
    Quote Originally Posted by his friend Rick. Also in Baltimore
    NGW is even better than WWF!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWI Magazine
    NGW is worth keeping an eye on.
    *and because you can't please everybody....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    NGW is probably the worst wrestling promotion in the world today
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch
    NGW is crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Mitchell also of the PW Torch
    NGW is garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy named Stuart on something called "the internet"
    NGW is shit
    Quote Originally Posted by James E. Cornette
    NGW is total fucking bullshit. I hate it and want to kill everybody associated with it.
    Last edited by Baker; 03-01-2016 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFFICIAL NGW Power Rankings for the period ending 10/27/95

Singles Division

Spoiler

Tag Division

Spoiler

Women's Division

Spoiler

Most Popular

Spoiler

Most Hated

Spoiler

Presents....

October 28, 1995....

Last Look At Eden

*Promotional Poster

*The build

"Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

Spoiler

FBI ("Italian Stallion" JT Smith & "Cousin" Salvatore Sincere) vs. The Extremists (Hack Myers & El Puerto Ricano)

Spoiler

"The Noblest Brain" Toru Yano vs. Maxx Payne

Spoiler

"The Mighty" Yokozuna vs. Team America (Erik Watts & Steve "Mongo" McMichael)

Spoiler

Mensa (Dean Douglas & The Genius) vs. The Texicans

Spoiler

NGW Tag Team Championship Match w/ Special Guest Referee Darryl Dawkins
    Quebecers (c) w/ "All American Boy" Raymond Rougeau vs. New Rockers

Spoiler

Scaffold Match
    New Breed vs. Teddy Hart

Spoiler

Triple Threat Match for the NGW Championship
    "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (c) w/ Gary Spivey vs. Ludvig Borga vs. The Patriot

Spoiler

WAR GAMES

NGW Women's Champion Lana Star/Patti Pizzazz/Spirit Squad vs. Fire & Ice/Reggie Bennett w/Iceman Parsons

Spoiler

Last edited by Baker; 01-31-2016 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*NGW commentator Claude Baker was a special guest on the October 21, 1995 installment of popular Baltimore area radio show WrestleTalk America with hosts Jerry Moshenberg and "The Devious Doctor" Adam Cole. (No, not THAT Adam Cole. But I always have thought/hoped this is where the lesser Adam Cole got his ring name) Here is a transcript...

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 01-29-2016 at 01:10 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Editor's Note: We here at NGW are all about the arcane references. It is a major part of our charm. However, the line between plagiarism and homage can be a thin one so I feel the need to issue these disclaimers from time to time. Parts of George Plimpton's paragraph were cribbed from the greatest video game you've never played, George Plimpton's Video Falconry, and the part starting with "Morphine" is kind of a real thing. I wrote it out with some "translation" tweaks instead of sharing the video because I think it is funnier this way. As always, enjoy!

Finland
    Late 1995

Spoiler

And for the boring translated version.....

Spoiler

And for a bastardized Lord Timothy Dexter version of George Plimpton's Finnish tv spot in the written form.....

Spoiler

*I am not exaggerating when I say this just might be my favorite thing I have ever done on PW.

Edit: At least until I topped it later that evening.
    Last edited by Baker; 01-29-2016 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Excerpts taken from The Paris Review

No. 136 Autumn 1995

In which Claude Baker interviews George Plimpton

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 03-12-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Information