Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Generation Wrestling

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Generation Wrestling

*Editor's Note: The Alaskan Ax and Grecian Urn bits come from real George Plimpton interviews I transcribed for the benefit of my audience. I did not create them on my own. They are copied directly from the man himself. But their origin in not-so-random editions of The Paris Review is (probably) fictional. The Bill Apter bit and parts of the Vicki Lawson story at the end are my own work, except for that stuff about flowers in the Vicki story. That is stolen from another source. So this is a mix of fiction and reality. Just the way we like it here at NGW. Enjoy!

Breaking News!
    From The Desk Of Bill Apter

I have recently uncovered a series of old George Plimpton interviews which shed new light on his current endeavors in the world of professional wrestling. A few inquiries revealed New Generation Wrestling's Claude Baker read Plimpton's interviews and decided to contact Plimpton about entering the pro wrestling business. The rest is history.

From The Paris Review No. 107 Summer 1988

Unknown Questioner: What is the funniest prop you've come across recently?

George Plimpton: Not long ago I heard about a professional wrestler called the Alaskan Ax. His stock-in-trade was that he had a kind of collapsible fold-up ax he secreted in his jockstrap, which, when he would find himself in extremis, he would reach for and extract. He'd step back from his opponent and snap this thing open, section after section, until it elongated into an ax! Double-edge blade and all. And the funny thing, of course, was to see the other guy, whose gimmick was something quite simple, a Viking's beard, for instance, or a midget manager, and he would look over, his eyes bulging at this guy sashaying around the ring whipping an ax around as if it were a twig! I never saw this---never having been to a professional wrestling match---but it amuses me enormously to consider. I may have dreamed it. I hope not. If I may make a sudden interjection...?

Questioner: I don't see why not.

Plimpton: I've often thought that a good name for a professional wrestler would be the Grecian Urn. The Grecian Urn wouldn't be an especially potent force...in fact, his stock-in-trade would be that when lifted aloft by the Brute, or whoever, he would let loose this tiny high scream and the Brute would put him carefully back down. The Grecian Urn would hardly be a main-liner. He'd fight in the prelims. You'd never see him in there against the Alaskan Ax.

*And for the evolution of Plimpton's Grecian Urn character.....

The Paris Review No. 111 Summer 1989

Managing To Wrestle
    by George Plimpton

https://books.google.com/books?id=g3...restle&f=false

*This one ended up being much too long to transcribe but I highly recommend it. Plimpton was one of us, albeit in an oddball George Plimptony sort of way. Try as I might, my paltry attempts at writing Plimpton cannot do the great man justice. I figure Fezz at least would enjoy this if he ever happens to make his way down here into our fanfic ghetto.

Rode To A Grecian Urn No. 1 Winter 1995

*This is an entirely fictional George Plimpton project ostensibly created as a supplement to The Paris Review but in "reality" it was created by Plimpton to cover his wrestling career without having to deal with the hoity toity Paris Review crowd.

Young Love At Camelot
    by George Plimpton and Flora Thompson

continued from page three

and still I remember our final conversation before inevitable separation forever confined that magical, mystical summer to the borderlands betwixt the Kingdoms of Hypnos and Morpheus. As Apollo was at work upon His nightly ritual lowering His chariot beneath the horizon as He had done for countless aeons, and would continue to do for countless more aeons to come, the rays from His heavenly orb cast an angelic glow upon dear, sweet Vicki there on the banks of the calm Charles. She answered my boyish inquiry thusly, "I'll have you know that I've been coming to this spot every summer for as long as I can remember and I've drawn this view a hundred times or more."

"Can I see? It's beautiful." I earnestly replied.

"I can never get the sky how I want it." She answered with more than some degree of trepidation.

"Skies have a habit of not doing what you want them to." I responded in truth. And then, "Why here? Why this spot?"

She answered with pure poetry.

"These are pathways that I've trodden daily. Bushes and wildflowers I know better than my own hands. The pond where the yellow brandy bull water lilies grow. Little birch thickets where the long-tailed tits congregate. I've seen these fields in the blackest thunderstorms, and in more sunshine than we have a right to deserve."

This final conversation is how I will always remember dear, sweet Vicki. We parted ways the next day. I back to Manhattan. She back with her family to what I heard was a less reputable section of Newburyport. I promised I'd write. She did the same. We kept our promises....

for weeks, maybe a few months, before drifting away forever. I confess to not thinking much about Vicki over the ensuing decades until a chance conversation with my eager young colleague Claude Baker set the mind racing back to that magical summer I spent in Hyannisport when I was but a wee lad of twelve.

My recent Conversation With Claude (soon to be a minor motion picture, probably not coming to a theater near you) caused me to contemplate getting in touch with Vicki. Surely she would be interested, right? After all, am I not George Plimpton, erudite Man of Letters, inventor and finest practitioner of Participatory Journalism, friend to many, hero to all? Then I thought twice. Woe. Woe. Why did I not learn from doomed Orpheus, or heed the warning of that wisest of twentieth century sages, Satchel Paige? Something was gaining on me. Shadows. I looked back. Big mistake. Perhaps reconnecting with my childhood love would be a mistake after all. All I can see now are images of my very own Charles Ryder-revisiting-Brideshead scene playing out in my mind. And still one question hovers in the ether above all others....

What if she became a NAAFI?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Donner
    A writer writes.
    Always.
    Rode To A Grecian Urn No. 2 Spring 1996

will feature

Perennial Rolling Stone favorite, the Afro-Norwegian lesbian funk duo Nefertiti's Fjord make their first foray into the literary world with A Gift For The Freudians.

A Final Requiem For St. Germain by modern master of the macabre Seamus Wiles.

sack lunch by promising young neo-Beat poet Art Vandelay from The Village
    who we fully expect to be the darling of the New Yorker set in no more than six months time.

Plus more ruminations by Mr. Plimpton on his journey into the wonderfully weird world of professional wrestling.

*Back to Bill Apter

When I asked Claude Baker why he put the (not Alaskan) Ax on Plimpton's villainous Grecian Urn character, choosing instead to insert him in a good guy commissioner role, Mr. Baker replied by saying no wrestling fan....no human being in their right mind could ever boo George Plimpton. I am inclined to agree.
    Last edited by Baker; 07-06-2016 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Questions and comments are not just welcomed. They are encouraged!

Hello. My name is George Plimpton. You may know me as the founder and editor of The Paris Review, inventor and foremost practitioner of Participatory Journalism, Commissioner of both New York City fireworks and New Generation Wrestling, *takes deep breath* friend to many and hero to all. Or perhaps you are more familiar with my work hosting spelling bees or serving in my ambassadorial capacity as Mr. Intellivision. Dear friends, regardless of how you initially came to know and love me, I, who have served you so well in the past, would like to introduce you to the newest product which has chosen your humble narrator to serve as its spokesman. It is called The Cheese Game and I can assure you it is a first rate hoot which has more than earned the coveted George Plimpton Seal of Approval. I hereby submit this video for your viewing pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    I would pay 100 bucks to find out what you do to your brain before you start writing NGW.
    Let us "cut to the chase." I am here because our Mr. Baker is temporarily indisposed. Yet fret not, young Stark. Acting in my capacity as his literary executor and sole biographer, Mr. Baker has granted me, George Plimpton, whom you may know as the founder and editor of The Paris Review, inventor and finest practitioner of Participatory Journalism, Commissioner of both New York City fireworks and New Generation Wrestling, unpaid spokesman for products ranging from Intellivision to hot plates, et cetera, et cetera, permission to answer whatever questions are lobbed in his direction while he remains in absentia.

And there is much to answer here. A bemused Mr. Baker was initially unsure as to whether your inquiry was meant as a compliment or an insult. He chose to accept it as the former, though he would still be amused were it the latter. For our Mr. Baker is not above laughing at his own foibles, and he enjoys a good rib as much as the next man.

I shall start by announcing Mr. Baker's intent to decline your exceedingly generous offer of one-hundred bucks with which to procure the information you so desired. It was not an easy decision. Mr. Baker and I had quite the row over it. He strongly considered "doing it for the money," no doubt thinking said money would bolster his already-comfortable middle class lifestyle. I, on the other hand, protested with a vehemence quite foreign from my typically placid demeanor. My arguments ran thusly.

It reeked too much of vulgar trade. Yes, I understand there is an inherent gray area in play here, but I am of the belief that accepting capital for services rendered perpetuates an unjust and antiquated system, to say nothing of the obvious vulgarity.

Secondly, I echo the sentiments of one John Dewey, who famously opined that education should be free for all. Mr. Baker's answer, should he choose to give it, would provide an educational experience, albeit a minuscule one.

Frustrated by the lack of success from my first two arguments, and feeling I was "losing the battle," I even tried appealing to Mr. Baker's amateur antiquarian side as a "hail mary." This too proved a futile endeavor.

And last, but not least, (please pardon the aphorism) I successfully argued that accepting monetary recompense means one is no longer following ones Muse for the sake of Art, and that, my dear young chum, would be the biggest tragedy of all. While it is true my eager young understudy, with his pithy observations, garbled tenses, and appalling sentence structure, is more Lord Lytton than Lord Byron, the lad, bless his heart, does try.

Now, at last, the information you seek, which one might even call esoteric in its own way, shall at last be revealed. My colleague does not partake in any of the traditional methods other followers of the Muse may, on occasion, use to "expand the mind." He does not visit squalid opium dens by gaslight. Nor does he chew the Betelnut. Even his visits to John Barleycorn are few and far between these days. He approaches New Generation Wrestling the same way he approaches (and this comes directly from the primary source) "Rebooking The New Generation, The Match Review Thread, or anything else, really." I know not what that garbled gibberish refers to, nor is that final "really" necessary, yet my young understudy was adamant that I write those words in just such a manner. He also stated (and I am going to occasionally exercise my editorial powers here) most of "the early stuff" had been kicking around in his head for years, and was just a matter of sending out into the ether. While other "bits and pieces" came to him as a gift from the Muse while he was in the midst of scribbling on other projects. To prepare for "the later stuff" he often reads some snippets of Yours Truly and may take a few extra minutes to "get into character" but the difference, he assures me, is really quite negligible. He also says his knack for memorizing the trivial comes in handy while his Muse is always gifting him with new ideas, often at the strangest of times, which explains his countless edits. A word here....A phrase there....An amusing anecdote....A crackerjack commercial....My protege edits constantly as the ideas unceasingly percolate.

I have answered your question on behalf of my client to the best of my ability. I hope you are satisfied.

Now go buy a hot plate.
    Last edited by Baker; 01-30-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: all those airquotes looked ghastly/needed more fun with cheese

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who George Plimpton is but that promo was hilarious. I've always been intrigued by this project of yours. Its so wild and so different, in a good way.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I don't know who George Plimpton is
    I will let Mr. Plimpton answer for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by George Plimpton
    Hello. My name is George Plimpton. You may know me as the founder and editor of The Paris Review, inventor and foremost practitioner of Participatory Journalism, Commissioner of both New York City fireworks and New Generation Wrestling, friend to many, and hero to all. Or perhaps you are more familiar with my work hosting spelling bees or serving in my ambassadorial capacity as Mr. Intellivision.
    If I may be serious for a moment, George Plimpton just might have been the most interesting man in the world during his prime. Here is an explanation of the above and a partial list of other things he did.

*Participatory Journalism is when a journalist participates in an activity foreign to his field in order to get a better grasp on the story. Among other things, George Plimpton....

-Played quarterback in a preseason game for the Detroit Lions.
    -Goaltended for the Boston Bruins.
    -Played in the New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
    -Went three rounds with former boxing champ Archie Moore.
    -Pitched in a baseball game where he managed to retire the legendary Willie Mays in what was a rare Plimpton "win."

He also appeared in movies like Good Will Hunting and some Western with John Wayne whose name escapes me.

Served as the spokesman for Intellivision (and a slew of other products).

Appeared on Married...With Children and voiced himself on The Simpsons. (I'm pretty sure I read some Plimpton as a youth but this, along with the Intellivision thing, is where I really "know" him from.)

He was also a friend and confidant to pretty much all the Very Important People of his time ranging from sports to politics to the literary world.

Oh, and he tackled assassin Sirhan Sirhan after Sirhan shot Plimpton's good friend Robert F. Kennedy.

He was a fireworks enthusiast who was eventually granted the unofficial title Fireworks Commissioner of New York City. This honorary title ended up becoming kind of a real thing.

He also wrote a little about pro wrestling, namedropping Hulk Hogan, Iron Sheik, Jim Cornette and Jimmy Hart, while expressing his desire to manage a wrestler known as The Grecian Urn. Plimpton never getting the opportunity to bring his unique brand of participatory journalism to pro wrestling has to rank as one of the great tragedies in wrestling history.

There is a faux retro video game named after him called George Plimpton's Video Falconry.

An inveterate prankster (it's hard to turn Plimpton mode off once it's been activated ), he also devised one of the all time great April Fool's Pranks in The Curious Case of Sidd Finch.

*I have had my pet characters before in Goldust, Lana, The Dean, Aldo, Romeo, Mallrat Erik Watts, Jean Pierre Lafitte, et cetera, but Plimpton is my absolute favorite, and those last four posts, which will hereafter be referred to as The Plimpton Posts, are my favorite thing I have ever done here on PW.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*I wanted to get back to the rasslin'. I really did. I started writing. I spit out a few sentences, maybe a paragraph. Then, nothing. My heart wasn't into Larry Zbyszko vs. The Milkman. So I suppose it is time to further alienate what little audience I have with more Fun With George.

Hello there. My name is George Plimpton. You may know me as the founder and editor of The Paris Review, inventor and finest practitioner of Participatory Journalism, Commissioner of both New York City fireworks and New Generation Wrestling, unpaid spokesman for products ranging from Intellivision to The Cheese Game, friend to many, and hero to all. I am here to give you, the ever-curious public, a sneak "peak" (pardon the affectation) at the Spring 1996 edition of The Paris Review. The theme of this issue is Spring Awakening. I have two poems to share with you which shall prove delightful and thought-provoking in equal measure.

One of our missions here at The Paris Review is bring talented, yet long-forgotten poets back into conversation amongst the literati. Today I, George Plimpton, Harvard graduate, friend of the Kennedy's, and star of the silver screen intend to resurrect the reputation of impish nineteenth century baseballist-cum-poet, Arlie Latham. The timing is immaculate with the arrival of this issue on the better newsstands coinciding, almost to the day, with the Boys of Summer once again trodding out to the diamond in commencement of their yearly ritual.

The Freshest Man On Earth
    by Arlie Latham

I'm a daisy on the diamond,
    I'm a dandy on the stage.
    I'd ornament a horsecart
    Or look pretty in a cage...
    I'm a Hustler from Hustletown,
    The Freshest Man On Earth.

What language! What bravado! What derring-do!* Not since I witnessed an aged Papa Hemingway tackle Booger Red first hand at Pamplona have I seen such temerity. Arlie Latham, The Freshest Man On Earth, indeed. This Chateau Margaux 1787 is for you.

*Editor of the editor's note: Those exclamation points are not a typo. Mr. Plimpton really did write them. That is how excited he was about rediscovering this long-lost Arlie Latham masterpiece.

And now for a new free-form poem from my latest disciple Claude Baker.

The Birdwatcher's Lament
    by Claude Baker

When is a wren
    Not a wren
    When it
    Is

Discuss.

The full issue will be available to the general public in the more discerning newsstands on April first, nineteen ninety-six.
    Last edited by Baker; 02-27-2016 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***Breaking News***
    from "Mr. NGW" Claude Baker

Spoiler

New Generation Wrestling
    Presents
    Live from the DuBurns Arena in Baltimore, MD
    Last Look At Eden

"Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko vs. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

Spoiler

FBI ("Italian Stallion" JT Smith & "Cousin" Salvatore Sincere) vs. The Extremists (Hack Myers & El Puerto Ricano)

Spoiler

"The Noblest Brain" Toru Yano vs. Maxx Payne

Spoiler

"The Mighty" Yokozuna vs. Team America (Erik Watts & Steve "Mongo" McMichael)

Spoiler

Mensa (Dean Douglas & The Genius) vs. The Texicans

Spoiler

NGW Tag Team Championship Match w/ Special Guest Referee Darryl Dawkins
    Quebecers (c) w/ "All American Boy" Raymond Rougeau vs. New Rockers

Spoiler

Scaffold Match
    New Breed vs. Teddy Hart

Spoiler

Triple Threat Match for the NGW Championship
    "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (c) w/ Gary Spivey vs. Ludvig Borga vs. The Patriot

Spoiler

WAR GAMES

NGW Women's Champion Lana Star/Patti Pizzazz/Spirit Squad vs. Fire & Ice/Reggie Bennett/Iceman Parsons

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 03-01-2016 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents...
    Live from the DuBurns Arena in Baltimore, Maryland...

Last Look At Eden

Spoiler

Quickie Results

Spoiler
    Last edited by Baker; 03-12-2016 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents...
    Live from the NGW Arena in Baltimore, Maryland...

Children of this Time 11/25/95

Spoiler

1. The Other Side of the Pillow (Johnny Jeter & Nicky Ziggler) vs. Spirit Squad (Kenny/Mikey/Mitch)
    2. Patti Pizzazz vs. Randi Rah Rah
    3. Full Blooded Italians vs. New Rockers
    4. Toru Yano vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    5. Mensa vs. Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons
    6. Larry Zbyszko w/ Jake "The Milkman" Milliman vs. Maxx Payne
    7. NGW Tag Team Champions The Quebecers w/ Ray Rougeau vs. The Texicans
    8. NGW Women's Champion Lana Star vs. Reggie Bennett
    9. NGW Champion Ludvig Borga & Yokozuna vs. Patriot & Mr. Wonderful

Coming soon....

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a guy that has been reading your reviews for the past few years I can really appreciate the genius of this fed. That "Last Look at Eden" show was so far out, it was just pure Baker. This is a spectacular companion piece to pretty much everything you have written in the Match Review Thread over the past 3+ years. That Triple Threat match was so great. All of this bad music is hilarious. Man, this is probably the best show I've read so far this year, just a hell of a good time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The awesome Broken Matt Hardy vs. Brother Nero stuff from TNA is everything I want NGW to be. Watching that has me itching to get back to this project. Only problem is I don't think I can top of the genius of Matt Hardy.

In Paris Review news, the latest edition (No. 137) will be out on your better class of newsstand tomorrow. You're going to want this one. Recollections of a Collection Collector by Lance's mate Paul has my highest recommendation.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGW Children of This Time
    11/25/95 from the NGW Arena (formerly known as the DuBurns Arena) in Baltimore, MD

1. Other Side of the Pillow (Johnny Jeter & Nicky Ziggler) vs. Spirit Squad (Mikey/Mitch/Kenny)

The Build- Johnny & Nicky ditched cheerleading to become greasers. They're basically the T-Birds in Grease. They've been bullying their former The Spirit Squad allies. They have this epic theme.

The Match- Johnny & Nicky break out all their cool offense to put the Spirit Squad away in a five minute squash. Their theme plays 3 times after the match because it's awesome and we here at NGW promote awesomeness.

Winners- Other Side of the Pillow

2. Patti Pizzazz vs. Randi Rah Rah

The Build- These two used to be partners in cheerleading (lots of cheerleading here in NGW) until Randi suffered an eye injury and Patti was corrupted by Lana Star. Randi Rah Rah made her triumphant return after a long absence last month to get some revenge on Lana Star. Now Lana has forced Patti to fight her former cheerleading partner. The weak-minded Patti is not all that keen on the idea but she obeys her mistress as usual. Lana will not be accompanying Patti as she is focused on 'training' (we here at NGW have no idea what Lana's training methods are) for her upcoming Women's Title defense against Reggie Bennett.

The Match- Sloppy back and forth four minute match sees Randi get the win with a schoolgirl. They shake hands and hug after the match. Lana comes out to yell at Patti. Randi defends. Lana slaps her and shoves her down. Lana orders Patti to stomp Randi. Patti refuses and walks away. Alone.

Winner- Randi Rah Rah

3. Full Blooded Italians (Salvatore Sincere & JT Smith) vs. New Rockers (Leif Cassidy & Marty Jannetty)

The Build- Both teams are looking to get a tag title shot. FBI is undefeated. New Rockers recently lost a title match to Quebecers. They're looking to earn a rematch. It was inevitable that these two squads would cross paths.

The Match- High energy, back and forth ten minute affair. Rockers control early with quick tags and double teams. Cheating leads to an FBI control segment. It breaks loose in Tulsa. Sincere eventually catches Jannetty with his Sincerely Yours finisher for the minor upset win.

Winners- FBI

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano

The Build- The debuting Tanahashi is the "Japanese Champion." Yano is his longtime rival and natural first opponent. The Japanese Championship is on the line.

The Match- Solid ten minute showcase with both guys doing their thing. Tanahashi wins the crowd over before winning the match with the High Fly Flow after surviving much Yano cheating.

Winner- Hiroshi Tanahashi

5. Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons vs. Dean Douglas & The Genius

The Build- Mensa mocked Fire & Ice for being big dumb muscleheads. Fire & Ice did not approve.

Any excuse to share The Dean's theme....

The Match- Mensa uses chicanery. Fire & Ice use power. Power prevails after ten minutes when The Genius is pinned following a Norton powerbomb. Fire & Ice spokesman Iceman Parsons correctly points out his team is undefeated and says it's time they get some gold around their waists. Uh oh! Wouldn't want to be The Quebecers or Texicans right now!

Winners- Fire & Ice

Bro Taken Dry Math

6. Larry Zbyszko w/ Jake "Milkman" Milliman vs. Maxx Payne

The Build- The pompous Zbyszko and grungy Payne are natural rivals. Both men are looking to get into title contention. Zbyszko recently defeated The Milkman in a match where the stipulation stated Milkman would have to become Zbyszko's servant if he lost.

The Match- 12 minutes. 8 minutes of which featured some primo Zbyszko stalling. Payne scores the upset when Milkman intentionally trips Zbyszko, leading to a Payne Killer armbar. Zbyszko taps almost instantly. The NGW faithful rejoice. Milkman leads the cheers. Zbyszko confronts Milkman after the match. Milkman punches Zbyszko in his injured arm. Zbyszko squeals in pain and retreats. Milkman gets a little too giddy when he grabs Payne's guitar and starts jamming. Payne, never in a good mood even after winning, slaps the Payne Killer on Milkman for touching his property.

Winner- Maxx Payne

*Mensa is shown backstage arguing. The Dean berates Yano for losing to Tanahashi and The Genius for getting pinned in their tag match. Says they need to shape up or ship out. Dean challenges Tanahashi to a match at our next event and promises to find Yano & Genius opponents "more on their level." Tanahashi later accepts The Dean's challenge. The Japanese Championship will be on the line.

7. Quebecers (c) w/ Ray Rougeau vs. Texicans- Tag Title Match

The Build- Quebecers remain the tag champs. They're the longest reigning champions in the short history of NGW. Texicans are on a roll which has earned them fan support and #1 contendership. There is a bit of culture clash here as well.

Fun Fact: These teams once met on real life PPV. In 1998 WWF. Proof that even the beloved Attitude Era featured some dated acts.

The Match- Traditional tag action for ten minutes. Texicans controlled early with power & brawling. Quebecers used cheating to come back and controlled with double teams. It broke loose in Tulsa down the stretch. The Quebecers managed to retain after hitting Le Cannonball on Slazenger to pick up a hard fought win.

Winners- Quebecers

-Glorious 1991 one hit wonder Timmy T was the featured guest in the now-traditional NGW concert. The NGW faithful rejoiced.

8. Lana Star (c) w/ Patti Pizzazz vs. Reggie Bennett- Women's Title Match

The Build- This match is months in the making. Lana has made Reggie's life a living hell since NGW's inception. Bennett has come oh-so-close on multiple occasions but has yet to give Lana her well-deserved comeuppance. This is her last shot. If Bennett loses, she can no longer challenge for the title. But given Lana's history, NGW Commissioner George Plimpton & Women's Commissioner Julia Sawalha have decreed the title will change hands if Lana is disqualified or counted out.

The Match- Much pre-match shenanigans. Patti didn't want to roll out the pink carpet. Lana bullied her until she finally did. Lana took her sweet old time getting to the ring with some stalling that would make Larry Legend proud. The match finally gets underway. Lana uses her quickness to evade Bennett and stalls some more. Reggie finally catches her prey after five minutes. She throws Lana around. Lana hits the occasional feeble slap which only further enrages the fired up Bennett. Lana finally wiggles out of a gorilla press slam attempt and scores with an eye rake. Lana screams at Patti to "follow the plan." Patti pulls out the dreaded mirror. And smashes it against the turnbuckle post! HUGE pop. Randi Rah Rah comes out to hug her former partner. They do a pro-Reggie Bennett cheer! Lana has a glorious "Oh Shit!" face. Reggie shakes off the eyerake and smiles. Now the massacre is on. After a WCW Jericho-style triple Powerbomb Lana Star is pinned. With one finger. Reggie Bennett is the NEEEEEEW NGW Women's Champion! She celebrates with Patti & Randi as poor Lana just lies there in the middle of the ring until the NGW medical staff stretchers her to the back.

Winner- Reggie Bennett

9. Ludvig Borga (c) & Yokozuna w/ Ray Rougeau vs. The Patriot & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/ Gary Spivey- NGW Championship on the line

The Build- Borga won the NGW Championship at our last show when he pinned Paul Orndorff in a Triple Threat Match also involving The Patriot, and Yokozuna interference. Borga's Foreign Fanatics now rule NGW. But Commissioner Plimpton and the NGW heroes are looking to do something about that. Due to the way Borga won, and his continued disrespect for NGW rule, Plimpton has decreed Borga's title be on the line. If either Fanatic is pinned or submitted the man who scored the fall will become new NGW Champion. Yet if either Patriot or Orndorff is pinned they can never get another title shot so long as Borga remains NGW champion.

The Match- The hot crowd reaches a new level of hotness when they boo the hell out of the Foreign Fanatics, go crazy for Mr. Wonderful's epic opera theme entrance, and flat out lose it when Maryland's own US Naval Academy Band plays The Star Spangled Banner heralding The Patriot's arrival. Match quickly breaks down into a wild brawl and remains that way for ten minutes. Think a PG version of an ECW brawl. Borga & Patriot eventually brawl their way up the aisle leaving Yoko & Orndorff in the ring. Yoko controls but is unable to put Orndorff away. A missed avalanche changes the tide. Orndorff has Yoko rocking but is unable to take him off his feet. Until a diving elbow bat does the trick! 1-2-NO! 2.9 count. What's this? Orndorff signals for the piledriver on the advice of Gary Spivey?!? Is he mad?!? Orndorff attempts....NO! Yoko back drops out of it and catches a breather. Orndorff charges. Right into a superkick! Oh no! Yoko drags Orndorff to the corner. He climbs the ropes. Banzai Drop attempt....

Connects! It's academic from there. 1...

But wait! Patriot sprints to the ring!

Patriot lunges....

Patriot was a split second late The Foreign Fanatics are again victorious

But the fun is just beginning. Borga elbow drops the Patriot. Yoko drops the leg. Here come The Quebecers! Le Cannonball! Connects. Oh no. Not this. Foreign Fanatics drag Patriot to the corner. Borga & Jacques stretch him out while Yoko ascends the ropes looking to end America's Hero once and for all with a Banzai Drop. But wait! Bah gawd! It's Fire & Ice! Norton & Train sprint down the aisle. Crowd is going bananas. They save The Patriot before Yoko can do any damage. Borga sics The Quebecers on them. But Fire & Ice gets the better of Canada's greatest export. Yoko descends into a pummeling. Borga fumes on the floor. Patriot grabs the mic. He's breathing heavily. But he still manages to challenge the Foreign Fanatics at our next event to....

WAR GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!

Winners- Yokozuna & Ludvig Borga

Quickie Results

1. Other Side of the Pillow defeated The Spirit Squad
    2. Randi Rah Rah pinned Patti Pizzazz
    3. FBI defeated The New Rockers
    4. Hiroshi Tanahashi retained the Japanese Championship by pinning Toru Yano
    5. Fire & Ice defeated Dean Douglas & The Genius when The Genius was pinned
    6. Maxx Payne defeated Larry Zbyszko via submission with some help from The Milkman
    7. Quebecers retained the Tag Titles by defeating The Texicans
    8. Reggie Bennett pinned Lana Star to become the new Women's Champion
    9. Ludvig Borga & Yokozuna defeated The Patriot & Mr. Wonderful when Yoko pinned Orndorff
    Last edited by Baker; 01-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGW Presents
    Seven Doors Hotel
    12/30/95 from the NGW Arena in Baltimore, MD

The Card

1. Texicans vs. Other Side of the Pillow
    2. Randi Rah Rah vs. Judy Martin
    3. Barry Horowitz vs. Toru Yano
    4. New Rockers vs. FBI- Rematch
    5. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Dean Douglas- Japanese Championship Match
    6. Iceman Parsons vs. Ray Rougeau- For War Games advantage
    7. Reggie Bennett (c) vs. The Genius- Women's Championship on the line
    8. Maxx Payne vs. The Milkman vs. Larry Zbyszko- Triple Threat Match
    -Live performance by the legendary Eddie and the Cruisers
    9. Patti Pizzazz vs. Lana Star- Grudge Match
    10. WAR GAMES- The SEVEN DOORS HOTEL
    Team America (Patriot/Mr. Wonderful/Fire & Ice)
    vs.
    Foreign Fanatics (Ludvig Borga/Yokozuna/Quebecers)

Coming soon!

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGW Presents
    Seven Doors Hotel
    12/30/95 from the NGW Arena in Baltimore, MD

1. Texicans vs. Other Side of the Pillow

The Build-Culture clash! Greasers vs. Texans. Both teams looking to get into tag title contention.

The Match- Standard face vs. heel tag. Greasers used quickness & cheating. Texicans used power & brawling. After eight minutes of back & forth action a Johnny Go Round kick manages to pin Tex Slazenger.

Now that's cool.

2. Randi Rah Rah vs. Judy Martin

The Build- Lana Star is enraged at Randi Rah Rah for "corrupting" her former lackey Patti Pizzazz. Lana is also obsessed with taking the Women's Title back from Reggie Bennett. She knows she cannot do this herself so she went out and recruited Judy Martin with that Hollywood money to do her dirty work for her.

The Match- Randi fought hard. She fought well. But big, bad Judy Martin was too much for her. A ring-rattling Drip Dry after four minutes puts an end to Randi's Cinderella story.

The Winner- Judy Martin

3. Barry Horowitz vs. Toru Yano

The Build- Dean Douglas has become disgusted with the failings of stablemates Yano & The Genius and booked them both in matches against "inferior competition" in hopes that they can finally pick up a win. Horowitz is just glad to be booked after being off major NGW events for months.

The Match- Horowitz's pure wrestling was no match for the chicanery of Yano. Yano was having his way until Barry's friend The Gambler showed up to untie Horowitz from the guardrail as Yano was planning on the cheap countout win. Barry slid back in the ring at 9.9. Yano worked Barry over with standard offense until Horowitz caught the taunting Yano off guard with an inside cradle for the shocking three count. Gambler & Horowitz celebrated the huge upset while Yano fumed.

Winner- Barry Horowitz

4. New Rockers vs. FBI

The Build- Rematch from our last extravaganza which saw FBI pick up the win in a minor upset.

The Match- High energy back and forth affair with several momentum swings. Finish came when Leif Cassidy reversed a Sincerely Yours attempt with a nifty rolling cradle for the 3 count to hand the FBI their first defeat.

Winners- New Rockers

5. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Dean Douglas- Japanese Championship

The Build- Douglas hopes to succeed where Yano failed in taking the coveted Japanese Championship off the waist of Hiroshi Tanahashi.

The Match- Second quality bout in a row. This one went 13 minutes, which is on the long side for a NGW contest. Tanahashi proved to be the better man early so Douglas resorted to trickery yet remained unable to put Tanahashi away. The increasingly popular Japanese champ scored with a ferocious flurry down the stretch and was eventually able to secure the three count following a High Fly Flow. Douglas talked a good game coming in but eventually failed just as his stablemate had.

*Ray Rougeau & Hiroshi Tanahashi crossed paths after the match. Rougeau admitted he has been impressed by Tanahashi's performances and offered him a spot in the Foreign Fanatics on behalf of his "Dear Leader" Ludvig Borga. Tanahashi did not give an answer but seemed flattered by the offer.....

6. Iceman Parsons vs. Raymond Rougeau- Winner gets War Games advantage

The Build- Both men are former wrestlers aligned with participants in our War Games main event. Winner gets the advantage for his side.

The Match- Lots of comedy at Ray's expense but the older Rougeau brother would eventually score the last laugh by pinning Parsons with a handful of tights after ducking The Iceman's Butt Butt finisher. The Foreign Fanatics now have the advantage in War Games.

Winner- Ray Rougeau

Sin Cosign Moo

7. Reggie Bennett (c) vs. The Genius- Women's Championship Match

The Build- New Women's Champ Reggie Bennett has a most unlikely first challenger in the male Genius. The Dean booked this match on behalf of his stablemate thinking even The Genius should be able to defeat a woman. Reggie Bennett wanted the match even more than Douglas did thinking it will be good for women's wrestling to have a female defeat a top male competitor. It was Reggie herself who declared this a title match against the wishes of Women's Commissioner Julia Sawalha.

The Match- Genius put up more of a fight than Lana Star....but not much more. Reggie Bennett mostly had her way with the outmatched Genius. Following a missed moonsault after his one big flurry of offense Bennett managed to pin Poffo with an Oklahoma Stampede to the delight of the NGW faithful. Judy Martin stood on the ramp after the match for a staredown with the Women's Champ.

Winner- Reggie Bennett

8. Maxx Payne vs. The Milkman vs. Larry Zbyszko- 3 Way Dance

The Build- Milkman had to become Larry Legend's servant due to a previous loss. He was not a good servant and blatantly cost Zbyszko a match against Payne last month. The morose Payne took umbrage to Milkman's excessive celebrating and Milky was forced to feel the brunt of the dreaded Payne Killer Armbar. So none of these men like one another. This is elimination rules at the request of all three participants.

The Match- Zbyszko started things far more businesslike than usual. The stalling was cut way back and replaced with anger and hostility. Payne & Milkman united against the common enemy twice but on neither occasion did it last long. Zbyszko seized an opening to eliminate The Milkman at the four minute mark following a sick piledriver. Now Zbyszko slowed things down with his usual stalling tactics. Payne kept looking for the lethal Payne Killer Armbar. Zbyszko kept avoiding. Payne finally caught Zbyszko in an armbar takedown but Zbyszko countered with a nifty amateur-style roll for the 3 count. Zbyszko grabs the mic for another of his patented filibusters.

Zbyszko just proved once and for all that he is indeed the one true living legend of professional wrestling. He singlehandedly defeated two mortal enemies at the same time. Only Larry Legend could have pulled that off. He is gonna stay away from the NGW Title scene for the time being while waiting for this "geopolitical situation" to play itself out. Then he'll swarm in and pick up the pieces when it's all said and done. But while biding his time there is another championship that would look good around his glorious waist.....Hiroshi Tanahashi's Japanese Championship! *mic drop*

Winner- Larry Legend

*Mensa is backstage arguing again. The Dean berates his charges for losing to a jobber and a woman. The Genius fires back. You lost too! Burn! Instead of coming to blows, the trio decides to unite again because "that's the smart thing to do." Horowitz & The Gambler just happen to be passing by. The Dean challenges them to a 6 Man Tag at our next event. "But there are only two of us!" the jobbers say. Then The Milkman strolls by nursing his head injury by placing a milk jug on it. He offers to be the 3rd man on Team Jobber. And thus the match is made.

*This month's special performance is provided by one of the most visionary, most iconic, most innovative bands of the all times.....

EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS!

9. Patti Pizzazz vs. Lana Star- Grudge Match

The Build- Not long ago Lana Star was on top of the world. She had fame. She had fortune. She was the women's champ. Patti was her loyal lackey. That all changed at our last event when Patti turned on Lana and the Hollywood princess was destroyed by her nemesis Reggie Bennett. Now Lana is out for revenge in what just might be the biggest grudge match in NGW history.

The Match- Massive crowd heat makes up for the poorness of these two as pure wrestlers. Patti is still hesitant to strike her former employer. Lana bullies & berates for much of the match. Lana hits the Lana Star Facelift. 1-2-NO! Patti just does get her shoulder up. Lana doesn't even care about the victory here. She wants to hurt the traitor. Lana grabs the mirror. NO! Not this way! Patti kicks Lana in the stomach! Hooray! The mirror is down. They fight over it. Lana yanks too hard! The force causes her to bash her own head with the mirror. At least it didn't break! But Lana is still out cold. Patti refuses to pin. Medics and Judy Martin enter the ring. Randi Rah Rah rushes the ring to console a distraught Patti. Lana, showing guts for the first time in her miserable life, refuses help. She wants to continue. Aww no! That jerk Judy Martin just slipped Lana the mirror behind the referee & Patti's back. Ref restarts the match. Lana swings the mirror....

but Patti ducks. They fight over the mirror yet again. Patti wins the battle. She has the mirror. Now Lana is on her knees begging Patti not to do it. Patti thinks it over.....

And bashes Lana over the head! HUUUUUUUUUGE pop! Patti covers with 1 foot. 1-2-3! Patti Pizzazz Pep has defeated Lana Star and now she renounces her Patti Pizzazz persona once more to be known as Patti Pep. That's P-A-T-T-I P-A-T-T-I PattiPep! PattiPep! ClapClap rinse & repeat multiple times. Reggie Bennett & Randi Rah Rah hoist the victorious Patti on their shoulders while the male Spirit Squad members make one final appearance to cheer on the victor.

Winner- Patti Pep

10. WAR GAMES: SEVEN DOORS HOTEL

Team America (Patriot/Mr. Wonderful/Fire & Ice)
    vs.
    Foreign Fanatics (Ludvig Borga/Yokozuna/Quebecers)

*This War Games cage has seven doors....each being one of the seven gates to hell if Europe is to be believed, which of course they are.

The Build- The Foreign Fanatics rule NGW with an iron fist. Quebecers have been tag champs for months and are the only tag champions in NGW history. Borga won the NGW title from Orndorff two months ago in a Triple Threat Match also involving The Patriot. Yokozuna is undefeated and looks to be unstoppable. Likewise for Fire & Ice, who recently declared their intent to take the tag titles from the Quebecers.
    -If the Foreign Fanatics win, all members of Team America are banned from title shots so long as those titles are held by the Foreign Fanatics.
    -If Team America wins, title shots are theirs at our next event.
    -In short, this is the biggest match in NGW history.

The Match- Orndorff & Pierre start things. Orndorff gets the better of him and even has him set up for the piledriver when Jacques comes in. Pierre soon shakes off the beating he just endured and the tag champs operate like the well-oiled machine they are. Double teams ensue. Le Cannonball is about to happen when Scott Norton arrives to kick ass and take names. The Quebecers bounce around for Flash while Orndorff recovers. NGW Champion Ludvig Borga is out next. The Borga vs. Norton hoss showdown gets a big pop. The bad guys assume control with cheating until Ice Train enters as a choo choo afire. Good guys have the upper hand when the mighty Yokozuna calmly lumbers in for some asskicking. All three good guys try slamming the mighty one. All three good guys fail. Finally The Patriot enters to a huge pop and the Match Beyond officially begins as the NGW faithful reach a fever pitch. The bad guys are reeling. Jacques tries resorting to chicanery by digging into his trunks for a bag of powder. It backfires when Patriot kicks the powder into his own eyes. Yoko is tied up Andre-style. Orndorff pummels him. Norton & Train isolate Borga. Patriot Uncle Slams Pierre. Jacques flails around blindly right into a Patriot Torture Rack! Pierre tries making the save but is caught from behind in a Norton Full Nelson. Jacques has no choice but to surrender. Team America is victorious! The Foreign Fanatics retreat as the Cage is lifted. The good guys invite the NGW faithful in for a patriotic celebration reminiscent of that time it happened in ECW, only with more American flags. Naturally the ring breaks and everybody chants N-G-DUB! N-G-DUB!

Winners- Team America when Jacques submitted to The Patriot

Quickie Results

1. Other Side of the Pillow defeated The Texicans
    2. Judy Martin pinned Randi Rah Rah
    3. Barry Horowitz pinned Toru Yano in an upset
    4. New Rockers defeated FBI in a rematch
    5. Hiroshi Tanahashi successfully defended the Japanese Championship by pinning Dean Douglas
    6. Ray Rougeau pinned Iceman Parsons to earn the Foreign Fanatics an advantage in War Games
    7. Reggie Bennett successfully defended the Women's Title when she pinned The Genius in an intergender match
    8. Larry Zbyszko won a 3 Way Dance over Maxx Payne and The Milkman
    9. Patti Pep pinned Lana Star in a grudge match and reverted to her old identity
    10. Team America defeated Foreign Fanatics in a War Games match when Jacques submitted to The Patriot

Coming Soon....

Halfway To Heaven
    1/27/96 from the NGW Arena in Baltimore, MD

1. Mensa (Douglas/Genius/Yano) vs. Job Squad (Milkman/Horowitz/Gambler)
    2. Maxx Payne vs. Disco Inferno- Round One of The Metal Challenge
    3. Texicans vs. FBI
    4. Reggie Bennett (c) vs. Judy Martin- Women's Championship Match
    5. New Rockers vs. Other Side of the Pillow
    6. Spirit Squad (Patti Pep & Randi Rah Rah) vs. Lana Star & ???
    7. Mr. Wonderful vs. Yokozuna
    8. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Larry Zbyszko- Japanese Championship Match
    9. Quebecers (c) vs. Fire & Ice- Tag Title Match
    10. Ludvig Borga (c) vs. The Patriot- NGW Championship Match

And also 1995 awards....maybe.
    Last edited by Baker; 01-25-2017 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGW Presents
    Halfway To Heaven
    1/27/96 from the historic NGW Arena in Baltimore, MD

Part I

1. Mensa (Dean Douglas/The Genius/Toru Yano vs. Job Squad (Barry Horowitz/Milkman/Gambler)

The Build- Mensa has been on a serious losing streak. The Dean thinks they can get back to winning against 'easy competition' while said easy competition looks to secure future bookings by pulling off the upset.

The Match- Mensa was looking like the threat of old as they dominated the Job Squad during the initial five minutes. A missed Genius moonsault turned the tide. Job Squad managed to get several two counts on the prolific poet but were unable to put him away as The Dean looked on in anguish. Genius eventually tagged Yano after Gambler committed an oops. History repeated itself when a premature Yano celebration caused him to get rolled up by The Gambler for a shocking three count. The Job Squad....wins!?!?

The Dean has had enough. His verbal smackdown of Yano degenerated into a humiliating slap when Yano had the audacity to argue back. Then The Genius shoved The Dean and Douglas smacked him too. Genius & Yano left together while The Dean continued to berate them. But before reaching the locker room Genius & Yano had a falling out of their own and began shoving. The Dean challenged his former underlings to a Triple Threat Match at our next event. Yano & Genius were quick in accepting.

Winners- Job Squad

2. Maxx Payne vs. Disco Inferno- Round One of the Metal Challenge

The Build- Maxx Payne is on a mission to prove metal is #1. And to do that he must defeat representatives of other forms of music in wrestling matches because that is how the world works. Disco Inferno, representing disco (duh), was the first man to accept the metal challenge.

The Match- Disco brought antics & comedy. Maxx Payne brought anger and intensity and....umm....metalness. A very metal Payne Killer armbar ended the disco dream at the five minute mark. Maxx Payne's new theme is totes metal by the way.

Winner- Maxx Payne

3. Texicans vs. FBI

Build- Both teams are smarting from defeats and need a win to get back into tag title contention. Plus you have the typical NGW culture clash in Texas cowboys vs. Northeastern Italians.

The Match- Texicans brawling tactics overcame the FBI's cheating and athleticism to become the dominant style of the match. Turning point came when JT Smith took a nasty fall from the top turnbuckle to the floor. Sincere held The Texicans off as best he could but a loopy JT Smith eventually succumbed to a Shanghai Slop Drop after tagging back in.

Winners- Texicans

4. Reggie Bennett (c) vs. Judy Martin- Women's Title Match

The Build- Bennett recently dethroned her arch-rival, longtime women's champ Lana Star. Judy Martin is Lana's hired gun in her quest to again own the women's title.

The Match- Female hossfest with both women throwing bombs. Reggie Bennett had a real challenge for the first time. But it was still not enough. Bennett took Martin's best shots but managed to prevail in the end after hitting an Oklahoma Stampede for the three count.

Winner- Reggie Bennett

5. New Rockers vs. Other Side of the Pillow

The Build- Culture clash. Tag title contention. Yada yada yada.

The Match- Possibly the most athletic contest in NGW history, and one of the longer ones at 15 minutes. Both duos utilized quick tags, athletic maneuvers and double teams. The tricked out finishing sequence was an homage to Orient Express vs. Rockers at Royal Rumble '91 only this time the Rockers were on the losing end when Nicky pinned Jannetty after rolling through a sunset flip and grabbing the tights for a cheap victory.

6. Spirit Squad (Randi Rah Rah & Patti Pep) vs. Lana Star & ???

Build- Patti finally turned on Lana after Randi helped her see the light. Lana lost her title to Reggie Bennett. Then she lost to Patti. And just a few minutes ago her henchwoman Judy Martin lost to Bennett. Poor Lana can't catch a break. It's almost enough to make you feel sorry for her. Almost. Lana vowed to have a mystery partner. With her $$$ and Hollywood connections I'm sure she'll come up with somebody good. Let's see who she managed to procure.....

The Match- As always, Lana took her sweet time sauntering to the ring. No partner yet. Lana grabs the mic. Insult, putdown, puts herself over, another insult, more putting herself over. Still no partner. George Plimpton & Julia Sawalha enter to make Lana get a move on it. She stammers. Hahahahaha. It turns out Lana couldn't find a partner. Her money and Hollywood connections proved ineffective. Lana must go in alone. Aww man. This is too good to be true. Lana begs for mercy. Randi offers none. For Miss Rah Rah remembers Lana blinding her. Patti only intervenes to prevent Lana from running away. Randi soon finishes things with, insult of insults, the Lana Star Facelift! Score another one for the good gals.

Winners- Spirit Squad

Eel To Ted

7. Mr. Wonderful w/ Gary Spivey vs. Yokozuna

Build- The undefeated Yoko pinned Orndorff in a big tag match two months ago but Orndorff gained some measure of revenge by getting the better of the big man in War Games. Now they meet for the first time in singles competition.

The Match- Orndorff brought the fight to Yoko. Mr. Wonderful had him reeling early. But the big man cut him off with a throat thrust before Orndorff could knock him off his feet. Yoko slowed the pace down and worked Paul over with nerve holds and girth. Orndorff eventually fought back as Gary Spivey led the adoring crowd in cheers. Orndorff went for the diving elbow bat. NO! Yoko catches. Huge belly to belly! 1-2-NO! Orndorff just gets the shoulder up. Yoko with a leg drop. Misses! Orndorff back up to the 2nd turnbuckle. Diving elbow bat....connects! TIMBER! Yoko is down! 1-2-NO! Yoko powers out. What's this? Spivey is calling for the piledriver?!?! Orndorff gives the signal. This didn't work out so well last time.....and it fails again. Yoko back body drops out of it. Face-smashing leg drop connects. Yoko drags Orndorff to the corner. Banzai Drop.....hits 1-2-3. Yokozuna remains undefeated. Looks like War Games was just a blip on the radar and the Foreign Fanatics are back to world domination.

Winner- Yokozuna

8. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Larry Zbyszko- Japanese Championship Match

Build- After winning a 3 Way Dance at our last event Larry Zbyszko shocked the NGW Universe by letting us know he is not seeking to regain the NGW Title at the present time but has instead set his sights on Tanahashi's Japanese Championship. Tanahashi, never one to back down from a fight, quickly accepted Larry Legend's challenge.

The Match- Sometimes two greats have a style clash. This is one of those occasions. The old school stylings of Larry Legend don't mesh well with the new fangled tactics of Hiroshi Tanahashi. But at least Zbyszko's antics made the already-popular Tanahashi even more popular. Tanahashi managed to evade three Larry Legend piledriver attempts and scored with a High Fly Flow after an offensive flurry leading to what has to be considered an upset.

*Zbyszko quickly sulked away following the humiliating defeat. The Quebecers & Ray Rougeau appeared early for their next match while Tanahashi was still playing air guitar on the top turnbuckle. The trio of Foreign Fanatics congratulate Tanahashi on an impressive victory. Now we get down to business. Ray Rougeau offered a Tanahashi a spot in the Foreign Fanatics at our last event on behalf of their Dear Leader Ludvig Borga. They have hitherto been patient in awaiting an answer but the time for that answer has come. Tanahashi has a chance to join the most elite group in wrestling today.... a group that will change not just wrestling history, but world history. What sayeth thou?

Tanahashi channels his inner Hulk Hogan with a big, fat, resounding......

NO!

HUGE pop. Fabulous Quebecers are in shock. Naturally they attack but Fire & Ice & Ice quickly run down to make the save and take us to our next match....

9. Quebecers (c) w/ Ray Rougeau vs. Fire & Ice w/ Iceman Parsons- Tag Title Match

The Build- Quebecers are the only tag champs in NGW history. Fire & Ice are undefeated and easily their biggest (both figurative & literal) test to date. F&I recently injecting themselves into Foreign Fanatic business only ups the ante.

The Match- Crowd is rocking from the get go thanks to a fancy bit of Heymanesque booking. Quebecers are reeling....and they bail out to hug & regroup....and hug some more. Ray Rougeau tripping Ice Train as he's running the ropes soon turns the tide and The Quebecers unload with their swank arsenal of double teams. Quebecers are feeling it now. Their taunts enrage Norton. Flash gets in the ring. The ref escorts him out. And more double teaming ensues behind the ref's back. Quebecers feel Train is softened up. Time for Le Cannonball. NO! Ice Train moves at the last second. Jacques cuts him off. A fist fight breaks out. Ice Train gets the better of it. But Pierre cuts him off this time! Oh, so close! But Train soon thwarts another Quebecers double team. Train bounces the Quebecers off each other and FINALLY the tag is made. Flash Norton is a house afire. Clotheslines and shoulderblocks for everybody. Norton gorilla presses Jacques to the floor where he crashes into Pierre & Ray as Iceman Parsons leads the cheers. Quebecers are again forced to hug & regroup. They try cheating again. But this time Fire & Ice are ready. It breaks down into a pier six brawl. Pierre flies over the ropes. Powerbomb by Norton! Train runs the ropes for the big splash but is AGAIN tripped by Ray. This time Iceman Parsons coldcocks Ray Rougeau. You go, Iceman! But amidst all the chaos Jacques grabs a suitcase from under the ring. He opens it to reveal....

The Cattleprod! Oh no! Norton & Train both take cattleprod shots to the head in front of the ref. And in an NGW rarity, they are busted open! Won't somebody please think of the children! Pierre grabs Iceman. NoNoNoNoNo! Package Piledriver! Jacques smirks. No! Don't do it! Good gawd! He did it Iceman Parsons has just been zapped with the shock stick. He writhes in pain. The bell has been ringing for a minute. Ray Rougeau socks the ref when he tries interfering. Le Cannonball on Iceman. Norton & Train regain consciousness but even the two hosses are hesitant to face the shock stick wielding maniac and his unsavory cohorts in the ring. The Fabulous Quebecers celebrate while Norton & Train pull their manager to safety. What a sham!

Winners- Fire & Ice by DQ. Meaning the titles do not change hands

The melancholy crowd is treated to special musical guests The Protomen playing this quite topical song in anticipation of our main event as a video plays on the newly installed PlimptonTron chronicling the long and storied history between Borga & The Patriot.
    Borga vs. Patriot II....
    Which promises to be the biggest match in NGW's short history as evidenced by our largest crowd yet.....
    Is only minutes away.
    Get hyped!

Can The Patriot be the hero who holds back the night or will the darkness brought by Ludvig Borga and his Foreign Fanatics prove too powerful to overcome?

Tune in next time to learn the answer to the biggest question in NGW history!
    Last edited by Baker; 01-27-2017 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10. Ludvig Borga (c) vs. The Patriot- NGW Title Match

Prophets preached disaster.....

They are gone.

A would-be savior arrived out of nowhere on a spaceship.....

And quickly departed without saving anything.

These two American heroes were the first to confront the existential threat.....

They are no longer with us.

Hero...

After hero...

After hero...

After hero...

After hero...

Felt the wrath of Ludvig Borga and his army of Foreign Fanatics.

Even the best efforts of our esteemed management....

Couldn't stop the rise of Ludvig Borga and his troops.

It pains us to say this but Ludvig Borga showed the patience and organizational skills of a true visionary in building his army. Slowly, methodically, systematically their ranks grew and and just as surely they came to dominate New Generation Wrestling. The Quebecers remain the tag champs. Borga himself approaches his third month as NGW champion. And the mighty Yokozuna stands stoically in the background unbeaten and seemingly unbeatable. We thought War Games would change things. The Foreign Fanatics FINALLY suffered a loss. Alas, it now seems to be just a slight bump in the road to their quest for world domination. They have come back stronger than ever. Halfway To Heaven? Meh. More like Highway To Hell. Orndorff was decimated. Fire & Ice were bloodied. Iceman Parsons was battered. Yeah, we technically won that battle, but it is likely to have lasting repercussions in the wider war. Of course Fire & Ice get a mandatory rematch at our next event but we have serious doubts about their ability to recover after being bloodied for the first time and seeing their mentor carted off with a serious injury. Hiroshi Tanahashi turning down an offer to join the Foreign Fanatics was a bright spot but I just got word he will have to defend the Japanese Championship against the mighty Yokozuna at our next event so that so-called bright spot is likely to become just another nightmare.

Only one man stands between Ludvig Borga and world domination. But what a man he is! He is our last, best hope. He is the only man to hold Borga to a stalemate. He is America's Hero. He is....

The Patriot!

And he's the only thing standing between us and utter destruction. Does The Patriot have what it takes to hold back the night? Or were those early prophets of disaster correct in predicting our demise? We will soon find out. The time for talking is over. And at last it is time for the biggest match in New Generation Wrestling history.

The man himself Lee F'N Greenwood makes a surprise appearance to sing The Patriot to the ring.

The crowd roars its approval as America's Hero makes his way down the aisle. The good patriots at Fort McHenry loaned us their historic 30 x 34 foot flag for this special occasion. It hangs from the rafters of the NGW Arena as another symbol that this is indeed the biggest match in company history.

And the cheers turn to jeers as the champ is here.

HUGE boos. It rains trash. Borga stands there unperturbed. He holds his belt aloft rubbing it in one last time (or so we hope).

Borga and Patriot are nose to nose for the super special ring introductions.

From Your Hometown, USA
    He is the challenger
    Weighing 270 pounds
    This is
    The Patriot!

And his opponent
    From Helsinki, Finland
    Weighing 300 pounds
    He is the leader of the Foreign Fanatics
    And New Generation Wrestling Heavyweight Champion
    Luuuuuuuudviiig Booooooorgaaa!

HUGE USA chants as the staredown continues. Finally the bell rings. Slugfest. The crowd's fever pitch dissipates as Borga wins the punch off Test of strength! Also won by Borga Patriot manages to score with the occasional armdrag but the first few minutes are dominated by the Helsinki Hell-Raiser. It plays out like a Borga highlight reel. Stiff punches and clotheslines. Slams and two suplexes. Plus some elbow and leg drops for good measure. Patriot simply can't get on track. Borga gloats to massive boos and trash throwing. He looks to end things with the Torture Rack. No! Patriot fights it. A series of lefts has Borga reeling. Borga ducks a clothesline but gets hit on the rebound with a leaping lariat. Borga is down! Patriot pummels him with lefts to the face as the USA chants rise. Now it's Patriot's turn. Punches and clotheslines. A slam and a suplex. Flying shoulderblock for 1-2-NO! Two only. Patriot looks for the Uncle Slam. OH! Low blow by Borga! What a snake! Ref didn't see it. Patriot writhes in pain. Borga pummels the prone Patriot with stiff shots to the face. Now he's going to the mask. Thankfully Patriot manages to preserve his identity. But he's still in trouble. Borga again runs through his offense. And this time the Rack is procured!

Borga- Quit!
    Patriot- No.
    Borga- Give up!
    Patriot- No!
    Borga- Submit!
    Patriot NO!
    Borga SURRENDER!
    Patriot- NEVER!

Patriot is fighting it now. Borga starts to wobble. Patriot hits some awkward lefts from Rack position. And finally Borga stumbles! Patriot is free! And he's fired up. Again the punches rain down on the Helsinki Hammer.

Patriot reaches back to the lakes of Minnesota....
    Thump!
    To the hills of Tennessee....
    Thwack!
    From Detroit....
    Pow!
    Down to Houston....
    Biff!
    From New York....
    Boff!
    To L.A....
    Boom!
    From sea....
    Thump!
    To shining sea....
    Pow!

The ref admonishes Patriot for overuse of closed fists (BOO!) Borga takes the time to recover and get back to his feet. He throws some wild haymakers very unlike his usual controlled punches. Patriot easily blocks and dodges before finally countering one into Uncle Slam position. It connects!

USA! USA USA!
    USA! USA! USA!
    Thr....
    NO!

Borga kicks out! Crowd is in shock. Patriot even more so. Patriot goes up top for another Patriot Missile flying shoulderblock.....

Borga dodges

Borga signals for the Rack! He hoists Patriot up....

But Patriot slips out into Uncle Slam position!

It connects!

1!
    USA! USA! USA!
    2!
    USA! USA! USA!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

THE PATRIOT HAS DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! the crowd roars. Ludvig Borga has just been defeated! The reign of terror is over! The Patriot has held back the night! The Foreign Fanatics are out in disbelief. But their numbers are dwarfed by the locker room and jubilant fans storming the ring. All the fan favorites of NGW (and even a few of the rulebreakers!) storm the ring to congratulate the NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW NGW Champion. Several NGW superstars hoist the Patriot on their shoulders after Mr. Wonderful (with a taped up sternum) & George Plimpton strap the Patriot's newly won prize around his waist.

The triumphant sound of Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA once again roars over the speakers as the greatest show in NGW history concludes in the best possible way.

Quickie Results

1. Job Squad defeated Mensa
    2. Maxx Payne made Disco Inferno submit in the first ever Metal Challenge
    3. Texicans defeated FBI
    4. Reggie Bennett retained the Women's Championship when she pinned Judy Martin
    5. Other Side of the Pillow defeated New Rockers
    6. Spirit Squad defeated Lana Star
    7. Yokozuna pinned Mr. Wonderful
    8. Hiroshi Tanahashi pinned Larry Zbyszko to retain the Japanese Championship
    9. Fire & Ice defeated The Quebecers by DQ in a tag title match. Titles do not change hands.
    10. The Patriot pinned Ludvig Borga to become the NEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW NGW Champion
    Last edited by Baker; 01-27-2017 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGW Presents
    The Time Has Come
    2/24/96 from the NGW Arena in Baltimore, MD

1. Larry Zbyzsko vs. The Gambler/Barry Horowitz/The Milkman- Gauntlet Match

The Build- Due to recent losses at the hands of Maxx Payne & Hiroshi Tanahashi, and for shits and giggles, Commissioner George Plimpton decided to book his nemesis, Larry Legend, in the opener. To add insult to injury, Plimpton decreed Zbyszko face a member of the red hot Job Squad. Larry Legend's massive ego may have got the better of him when he flipped out and decided to wrestle all three Jobbers in a Gauntlet Match. Will a new star be born? We certainly hope so! And don't forget Larry & The Milkman have unfinished business.....

The Match- Gambler is out first and his theme song is obvious.

Of course the pop is large because everybody in the NGW Arena loves Kenny Rogers and hates Larry Zbyszko. Gambler scored a pinfall victory at our last event. Can he keep up the momentum? No. Zbyszko was vicious. No stalling. No shenanigans. Just straight ass kicking. And The Gambler was put away in three minutes with a piledriver after only scoring one near fall via small package.

Barry Horowitz is up next. Angry Zbyszko controls early and now the old Larry Legend resurface. He starts jawing with the crowd. Horowitz with a Schoolboy! 1-2-NO! So close. Zbyszko gets intense again with clubbering and bully tactics. He looks for the piledriver. Horowitz backdrops out of it into a cover! 1-2-NO! Zbyszko bridges out and transitions into a Piledriver! Connects! Larry Z with the athleticism! Cover. 1-2-3.

And so it has come to this. Larry Zbyszko vs. his former servant and betrayer The Milkman. Crowd is simply begging for the upset. Milkman brings the fight to Zbyszko! Well, that was unexpected. Milliman hits rights and lefts before a knee to the gut slows him down. Zbyszko seems to be feeling the effects of the two previous matches as he slaps on a chinlock to catch a breather. Naturally this only increases the already loud "Larry Sucks" chants. A distracted Zbyszko loosens his grip to focus on jawing with the fans. This momentary lapse in concentration allows Milkman to fight out of the hold. Milkman scores with some punches and a series of pinning combination net a bunch of two counts but in the end an early duck on a back body drop attempts leaves him prone to a Zbyszko piledriver. It connects. The 3 count is academic. Larry Zbyszko has survived the Gauntlet!

Winner- Larry Zbyszko

*Zbyszko grabs the mic for a gloating session as the triumphant sound of Tina Turner's Simply The Best further enrages the hostile fanbase. Zbyszko proved once and for all that he is the best in the business. He took on three men and defeated every single one of them clean as a sheet with his patented piledriver. He has lots of unfinished business. Hiroshi Tanahashi's day will come but first he wants to settle the score with an old enemy in the man who took HIS title, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. A challenge is made.

2. Honkytonk Man vs. Maxx Payne- Metal Challenge Round 2

The Build- Maxx Payne issued an open challenge to wrestling representatives of other forms of music in his quest to prove metal reigns supreme. The legendary greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time answered the challenge on behalf of rockabilly. HTM is such a legend that the NGW crowd kind of likes him even if he is a heel. To be fair, NGW fans aren't really metal people. Early Europe is about as metal as they get. They, like most of us, are more into Yacht Rock. And they are just gonna love tonight's special musical guest which will remain a secret for now.

The Match- Maxx Payne is out first to a lukewarm response. This hits....

and the crowd is all

Well, this isn't going as expected. The cat is out of the bag now. Truth is, while there were always pockets of black-clad diehard Maxx Payne fans, the bulk of the NGW Universe never truly embraced him. This crowd is about 70/30 in favor of the heel Honkytonk Man and his support only grows throughout the match.

Match is obviously crap because it's Maxx Payne vs. Honkytonk Man but the contrarian crowd makes it interesting. They just will not boo the Honk. He even gets a pop when he grabs his guitar. Swing and a miss. Now Payne grabs Norma Jean. GUITAR FIGHT! Big pop for that. The guitars smash together and break. BOO! Ref throws it out. The two combatants continue to brawl. Payne gets the better of it but HTM flees a Payne Killer Armbar attempt. Both men jaw at one another as other referees arrive to keep them apart.

Result- Double Disqualification

*Plimpton later announces a Guitar on a Pole rematch at our next event.

3. Disco Inferno vs. Mr. Wonderful w/ Gary Spivey

The Build- Disco Inferno proclaimed himself the sexiest man in NGW and made fun of Mr. Wonderful for losing to Yokozuna. Mr. Wonderful responded by piledriving him.

The Match- Mr. Wonderful arrived first. He took more time than usual admiring himself in the mirror. Disco was out next. He used Mr. Wonderful's mirror to fix his already perfectly coiffed hair. This enraged Mr. Wonderful. Stiff punches & elbows. Piledriver. 1-2-Mr. Wonderful picks him up for another piledriver. One fingered cover. 1-2-3. Well, that was quick. I don't think we'll be seeing Disco Inferno again. Moral of the Story- Never look at yourself in Mr. Wonderful's mirror.

Post-match sees Mr. Wonderful accepts Zbyszko's challenge.

Winner- Mr. Wonderful

4. Glamour Girls (Leilani Kai & Judy Martin) w/ Lana Star vs. Spirit Squad (Patti Pep & Randi Rah Rah)

The Build- Lana Star is wearing a bandage on her nose due to taking her own Lana Star Facelift finisher at the hands of Randi Rah Rah at our last event. The bandage makes her look like she has a big nose, which naturally upsets her off and amuses the NGW faithful. At the request of Lana, Judy Martin went out and got her old partner Leilani Kai to take out the Spirit Squad for a hefty sum of money. Women's Champion Reggie Bennett is not here this month as she is defending the title in Japan.

The Match- Glamour Girls are just too big, too experienced, and too talented for the game Spirit Squad. Patti & Randi mount the occasional flurry but they're out of their league here. Leilani Kai soon pins Randi Rah Rah for the win. Post-match sees Lana challenge Reggie Bennett to a title on Kai's behalf. Julia Sawalha later breaks out her Zack Morris cellphone and calls Bennett in Japan to make it official.

Winners- Glamour Girls

5. Dean Douglas vs. The Genius vs. Toru Yano- Mensa Explodes! Triple Threat Match

The Build- Mensa has been on a long losing streak. This lead to dissension and ultimately disintegration among the trio of intellectuals.

The Genius has a poem to read since we haven't had one of them in a while.

I am The Genius
    Leapin' Lanny
    There is dissension between us
    And now I am going to kick some fanny
    There is something I always wanted to tell you Dean
    I don't think you are all that keen
    And as for you Toru Yano
    I think you're nothing but guano

The Match- Is not terrible! Yano cheats. The Genius prances and flies. The Dean shows off his technical acumen. Yano ignored the bad poetry and aligned with The Genius early against the common enemy but Yano broke that up when he shadily rolled up The Genius from behind for a cheap 2.9 count. Dean scored nearfalls with a belly to belly suplex on The Genius and Final Exam on Yano. Yano saved The Genius and Genius saved Yano with a gorgeous swanton on the bridging Dean. Genius with the cover! 1-2-NO! A bearded man in a bathrobe appeared from under the ring to pull Genius off The Dean. Ref watches Genius jaw with the mystery man on the floor. Low blow by Yano! The Dean is down. Yano covers! NO! The Dean was playing possum! Inside cradle! 1-2-3! The Dean has won! The Dean digs into his trunks (eww!) and reveals a shattered cup! The Dean points to his head. Yes, Dean, you are indeed a genius. What foresight!

The Dean invites the mysterious bearded man in a bathrobe into the ring. Douglas introduces him as his Graduate Student, "The Intellectual Savior of the Masses" Damien Sandow! It appears as if Douglas, ever the thinking man's wrestler, was one step ahead of his fellow Mensa members this entire time.

Winner- Dean Douglas

6. FBI vs. Other Side of the Pillow vs. New Rockers vs. Texicans- #1 Contendership Fatal Fourway Match

The Build- These four teams have been feuding in various combinations for months. Winner gets a well-earned tag title shot. Also, culture clash.

The Match- Is again a very workratey affair by NGW standards. Lots of a cool moves and sweet double teams from 3/4ths of the participants plus the roughneck brawling style of The Texicans. All eight men understand the rules and frequently dive in to break up pin attempts. After 20 minutes of action....the bell rings? BOO! Turns out this match had a 20 minute time limit and has been declared a draw. The eight men continue to fight until George Plimpton arrives on the scene to announce a no time limit elimination-style rematch next month. All eight competitors seem pleased by this turn of events and the fisticuffs are brought to a halt for now.

Result- Time limit draw

7. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Yokozuna w/ Prince Nana- Japanese Championship

The Build- Tanahashi recently turned down a very generous offer to join the Foreign Fanatics. Ludvig Borga and company took offense and decided to sic Tanahashi's fellow countryman Yokozuna on the wildly popular "Ace of the Universe." Something has to give here. Neither man has been pinned or submitted in NGW. Tanahashi is already considered the greatest Japanese Champion of all time. I mean what Honkytonk Man is to the WWF IC Title, Tanahashi is to the Japanese Championship. But now he must face his largest test to date. With Ludvig Borga going into solitary training in an attempt to regain his title, and Ray Rougeau focused on making sure the Quebecers retain theirs, the Foreign Fanatics have recruited a wealthy individual by the name Prince Nana who claims to be a prince from Ghana to serve as Yokozuna's new manager and interpreter.

The Match- Classic monster heel vs. plucky babyface action. Not gonna lie. This is one of my weird dream matches. Think they would match up fabulously. Anyway, Yoko utilizes his girth and tries keeping things at a slow pace while Tanahashi hits and runs and tries upping the pace. Yoko reels after flying forearms, dropkicks and strikes but does not fall down. He controls after cutting Tanahashi off numerous times by way of a throat thrust, superkick, Samoan Drop, and belly to belly suplex. Most of these momentum changers are followed by the dreaded nerve hold while Prince Nana shouts encouragement. Tanahashi finally rallies one last time not long after Yoko slammed him off a caught crossbody attempt. A Sling Blade finally brings the big man down to a huge pop! Tanahashi is up for the High Fly Flow. It connects! 1-2-

NO! Yoko powers out. Man, what will it take to defeat this guy. A flying forearm again floors the big man. Tanahashi goes back up top. Another High Fly Flow connects! 1-2-NO! Yoko again kicks out. But with less power this time. Tanahashi is unperturbed. In fact, he is feeling it. He goes to slam Yoko! Yoko's feet leave the canvas! But no! Yoko is just too heavy. Tanahashi collapses and 568 pounds comes crashing down (and it hurts inside). For you better believe Tanahashi is hurt. Yoko drags him to the corner. The big man ascends the ropes. BANZAI!

Connects 1-2-3. Yokozuna remains undefeated and he has just ended Tanahashi's 18 month reign as the Japanese Champion. Prince Nana celebrates with his charge as the crowd throws trash.

Winner- Yokozuna

*Yacht Rock Gods Toto are out next to the turn the frowns of the crowd upside down. They play a long set including Hold The Line, Rosanna, the criminally unknown St. George and the Dragon before finishing it with the classic everyone came to hear....

:rock ing:

8. The Quebecers (c) w/ Ray Rougeau vs. Fire & Ice- Tag Title Match- Titles can change hands on DQ or countout

The Build- Quebecers are the only tag champs in NGW history. Fire & Ice are undefeated and recently declared war on the Foreign Fanatics. A match last month saw the Quebecers intentionally get disqualified. They bloodied Fire & Ice and injured their manager Iceman Parsons. Now Fire & Ice are out for revenge. This is the biggest tag match in NGW history.

The Match- Fire & Ice rush The Quebecers before the bell rings. They're fired up. It's looking like a total squash. The few offensive maneuvers Jacques & Pierre manage to get off are no sold. Jacques is terrified. Even the braver Pierre is wearing an expression of extreme trepidation on his face. Ray Rougeau is hesitant to interfere but it matter little because he just got taken out by a Pierre missile when Fire & Ice double team gorilla press slammed him to the floor. Now Jacques is alone with the two big bulls. Powerbomb by Norton! Splash by Ice Train!

THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW Tag Team Champions at last! And it wasn't even close. Total squash. Barely went two minutes. Fire & Ice rejoice with their legions of patriotic fans.

Winners- Fire & Ice

?Edoc Eht Kcarc Uoy Nac

9. The Patriot (c) vs. Ludvig Borga- NGW Championship Match

The Build- This is the third installment of the most heated feud in NGW history. Last month saw Patriot end the leader of the Foreign Fanatics undefeated streak and take the NGW championship in the process. Borga has been training harder than ever. So has the Patriot. Some Rocky vs. Drago style montages prove this. If Patriot wins, Borga will get no more title shots. This one is for all the marbles.

The Match- It's worth noting that the crowd volume is just the teeniest tiniest bit down from last month. It's like "We won. Now what?" This time Borga is more cautious. Patriot brings the fight to him instead of vice versa. Patriot actually wins an early test of strength, though Borga's legendary punching power soon puts an end to the American hero's momentum. Borga scores a few two counts as he runs through his power offense. Borga uncharacteristically goes upstairs. Big mistake. Patriot was not wounded enough. And Borga gets slammed off the top a la Ric Flair. Patriot is fired up now. Big lefts followed by a few shoulderblocks for two. But Borga evades a Patriot Missile (top rope shoulderblock). Borga secures the Rack!

But The Patriot will not quit! The USA chants intensify (but still don't approach the arena-shaking magnitude of last month) as Patriot fights his way out of the hold. Borga is quick to counter with.....no.....not this way! THE PATRIOT'S OWN UNCLE SLAM! OH THE SHAME! OH THE HUMANITY!

No...
    NO....
    Thr....

Patriot kicks out! And what's this? He's hulking up! Borga cannot believe it! A rare look of fear appears on his face! Patriot even shrugs off Borga's patented punches. Patriot is looking for the Uncle Slam! It connects!

Yes
    YES
    Thr...
    NO!

Borga power kicks out. Now HE is Hulking Up. What the hell?!? That's not the way it's supposed to work. Punch off! Borga is winning He looks for the Rack again. No! Patriot slips out. Now Patriot hoists Borga up in a Rack of his own!

He's shaking....really shaking....jumping up and down.....making the pressure greater and greater......Crowd is on the edge of their seats......Borga won't quit....shaking his head....refusing....Patriot really cinching the pressure in now......"I QUIT!" LUDVIG BORGA HAS JUST SURRENDERED! THE PATRIOT HAS DONE IT! AMERICA REJOICES! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Winner- The Patriot

Again the heroes of NGW storm the ring to celebrate with their hero. Were the New Breed false prophets after all? It's certainly looking that way! But just now a massive 568 pound shadow appears to darken the celebration. Yokozuna stares down The Patriot from the top of the entrance ramp. And he gestures that he wants the belt....

Dun dun dun......

Quickie Results

1. Larry Zbyszko wins a Gauntlet Match over Gambler/Horowitz/Milkman
    2. Maxx Payne wrestles Honkytonk Man to a Double DQ in a Metal Challenge Match
    3. Mr. Wonderful pins Disco Inferno in a short match
    4. Glamour Girls defeat Spirit Squad
    5. Dean Douglas wins the Mensa Explodes Triple Threat with help from Damien Sandow
    6. FBI vs. Other Side of the Pillow vs. New Rockers vs. Texicans goes to a 20 minute time limit draw
    7. Yokozuna pins Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the Japanese Championship
    8. Fire & Ice squash The Quebecers to become NEEEEWWW Tag Team Champions
    9. Patriot retains the NGW Championship by making Ludvig Borga submit to the Torture Rack
    Last edited by Baker; 01-27-2017 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a clerical thread.....

Show Results

*All shows are held at the NGW Arena (formerly known as the DuBurns Arena) in Baltimore, MD.

Start From The Dark- June 17, 1995

1. Erik Watts made Barry Horowitz submit to the STF

2. New Breed defeat Bill Dundee & Buddy Landell when Landell is pinned

3. Reno Riggins pins The Gambler

4. The Mountie defeats Marty Jannetty

5. Larry Zbyszko pins Jake "The Milkman" Milliman

6. "Mr. Wonderful" pins "Master of the Pan Flute" Zan Panzer

7. Jean Pierre Lafitte pins Avatar

Prisoners In Paradise- July 29, 1995

1. The Extremists (Hack Myers/JT Smith/El Puerto Ricano) defeat High Rollers (Gambler & Barry Horowitz) & Jake "The Milkman" Milliman when Myers pins Milkman

2. Dean Douglas defeats Maxx Payne after interference from The Genius

3. New Rockers & Ring Crew Express defeat The Texicans & Texas Hangmen in a tag team rules Survivor Series match. New Rockers are sole survivors

4. Steve "Mongo" McMichael pinned Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz in the semi-finals of the Real Athlete Challenge

5. Ludvig Borga defeated Erik Watts in the other Real Athlete Challenge semi-final

6. Minotaur pinned Ice Train after interference from Papa Shango

7. Scott Norton & Reggie Bennett defeated Lana Star & Johnnie Stewart in an intergender tag match when Bennett pinned Stewart

8. Quebecers defeated New Breed to become the inaugural NGW tag team champions with help from a corrupt referee who was later revealed to be Raymond Rougeau

9. Larry Zbyszko pinned Paul Orndorff to become the inaugural NGW Champion

Wings of Tomorrow- August 26, 1995

1. Texas Hangmen defeated The Texicans in a Mask vs. Hair match. As a result, Shanghai Pierce was forced to unmask.

2. Maxx Payne defeats Johnnie Stewart by submission

3. Fire & Ice defeat Papa Shango & The Minotaur when Train pins Minotaur

4. Patriot pinned Toru Yano

5. Mensa (Dean Douglas & The Genius) defeated the New Rockers with help from Toru Yano

6. Reggie Bennett pinned Patti Pizzazz. This was supposed to be a handicap match also involving Lana Star but Lana backed out with an injury which was later proven to be fraudulent.

7. Ludvig Borga won the Real Athlete Challenge by making Steve "Mongo" McMichael submit

8. Paul Orndorff pinned NGW Champion Larry Zbyszko in a non-title match

9. New Breed & mystery partner Teddy Hart defeated The Fabulous Quebecers when Teddy pinned Raymond Rougeau

Final Countdown- 9/30/95

*Europe plays the Final Countdown which begins something wonderful.

1. Fire & Ice defeated The Extremists. JT Smith turned on Myers & Ricano after the match.

2. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman pinned Johnnie Stewart in a Loser Leaves Town for 90 days match

3. Texicans defeated Texas Hangmen in another Loser Leaves Town for 90 days match

4. Teddy Hart pinned Raymond Rougeau to earn the right to be in the New Breed's corner later in the night

5. New Rockers & Maxx Payne defeated Mensa (Genius/Dean Douglas/Toru Yano) when Yano submitted to Payne

6. Quebecers retained the NGW tag titles in a Final Countdown match when they defeated the New Breed with help from Ludvig Borga

7. Lana Star defeated Reggie Bennett in a steel cage match after interference from Patti Pizzazz and the debuting Spirit Squad to become the first Women's Champion

8. Ludvig Borga w/ Yokozuna wrestled The Patriot w/ Mongo McMichael & Erik Watts to a no contest in a match which saw the birth of the Foreign Fanatics

*Dame Kiri Te Kanawa makes a special guest appearance to sing Mr. Wonderful's theme

9. Paul Orndorff won the NGW Championship from Larry Zbyszko in a Final Countdown match

Last Look At Eden- 10/28/95

-Bill Newman opened the show in style by singing Barcelona.

1. Larry Zbyszko pinned The Milkman after a piledriver. Milkman must now become Zbyszko's servant.

2. The Full Blooded Italians made relatively quick work of The Extremists in a Grudge Match.

3. Maxx Payne made Toru Yano submit to his Payne Killer armbar in another Grudge Match.

4. Yokozuna decimated Team America of Mongo McMichael & Erik Watts in a Handicap Match.

5. The Texicans upset the Mensa duo of Dean Douglas & The Genius in yet another Grudge Match.

6. The Quebecers retained the Tag Titles by defeating the New Rockers with Darryl Dawkins as special guest referee.

7. The New Breed wrestled Teddy Hart to a no contest in a Handicap Scaffold Match when a well-timed UFO flyby saved all three men from probable death.

8. Ludvig Borga became the new NGW Champion by defeating former champ Mr. Wonderful and The Patriot in a Triple Threat Match.

-Bill Newman held an impromptu-mini concert in an attempt to placate the increasingly hostile crowd. It worked....eventually.

9. Fire & Ice & Ice & Reggie Bennett defeated The Spirit Squad/Patti Pizzazz/NGW Women's Champion Lana Star in a Handicap War Games Match when Kenny, Mitch, Mikey & Patti all submitted or went to sleep at the same time.

Children of This Time 11/25/95

1. Other Side of the Pillow defeated The Spirit Squad

2. Randi Rah Rah pinned Patti Pizzazz

3. FBI defeated The New Rockers

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi retained the Japanese Championship by pinning Toru Yano

5. Fire & Ice defeated Dean Douglas & The Genius when The Genius was pinned

6. Maxx Payne defeated Larry Zbyszko via submission with some help from The Milkman

7. Quebecers retained the Tag Titles by defeating The Texicans

*Timmy T performed One More Try

8. Reggie Bennett pinned Lana Star to become the new Women's Champion

9. Ludvig Borga & Yokozuna defeated The Patriot & Mr. Wonderful when Yoko pinned Orndorff

Seven Doors Hotel 12/30/95

1. Other Side of the Pillow defeated The Texicans

2. Judy Martin pinned Randi Rah Rah

3. Barry Horowitz pinned Toru Yano in an upset

4. New Rockers defeated FBI in a rematch

5. Hiroshi Tanahashi successfully defended the Japanese Championship by pinning Dean Douglas

6. Ray Rougeau pinned Iceman Parsons to earn the Foreign Fanatics an advantage in War Games

7. Reggie Bennett successfully defended the Women's Title when she pinned The Genius in an intergender match

8. Larry Zbyszko won a 3 Way Dance over Maxx Payne and The Milkman

*Eddie and The Cruisers performed On The Dark Side

9. Patti Pep pinned Lana Star in a grudge match and reverted to her old identity

10. Team America defeated Foreign Fanatics in a War Games match when Jacques submitted to The Patriot

Halfway To Heaven 1/27/96

1. Job Squad defeated Mensa

2. Maxx Payne made Disco Inferno submit in the first ever Metal Challenge

3. Texicans defeated FBI

4. Reggie Bennett retained the Women's Championship when she pinned Judy Martin

5. Other Side of the Pillow defeated New Rockers

6. Spirit Squad defeated Lana Star

7. Yokozuna pinned Mr. Wonderful

8. Hiroshi Tanahashi pinned Larry Zbyszko to retain the Japanese Championship

9. Fire & Ice defeated The Quebecers by DQ in a tag title match. Titles do not change hands.

*The Protomen perform Hold Back The Night

*Lee F'N Greenwood shows up to sing God Bless The USA in support of The Patriot

10. The Patriot pinned Ludvig Borga to become the NEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW NGW Champion

The Time Has Come 2/24/96

1. Larry Zbyszko wins a Gauntlet Match over Gambler/Horowitz/Milkman

2. Maxx Payne wrestles Honkytonk Man to a Double DQ in a Metal Challenge Match

3. Mr. Wonderful pins Disco Inferno in a short match

4. Glamour Girls defeat Spirit Squad

5. Dean Douglas wins the Mensa Explodes Triple Threat with help from Damien Sandow

6. FBI vs. Other Side of the Pillow vs. New Rockers vs. Texicans goes to a 20 minute time limit draw

7. Yokozuna pins Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the Japanese Championship

*Toto performed multiple songs before closing their mini-concert with Africa

8. Fire & Ice squash The Quebecers to become NEEEEWWW Tag Team Champions

9. Patriot retains the NGW Championship by making Ludvig Borga submit to the Torture Rack

Championship History

NGW Champion

Larry Zbyszko- 7/29/95 to 9/30/95
    Paul Orndorff- 9/30/95- 10/28/95
    Ludvig Borga- 10/28/95- 1/27/96
    The Patriot- 1/27/96- ???

Tag Team Champions

Quebecers- 7/29/95- 2/24/96
    Fire & Ice- 2/24/96- ???

Women's Champion

Lana Star- 9/30/95- 11/25/95
    Reggie Bennett- 11/25/95- ???

Japanese Champion

Hiroshi Tanahashi- 11/25/95*- 2/24/96
    Yokozuna- 2/24/96-
    *Marked the NGW debut of the Japanese Championship. Tanahashi held the belt long before coming to NGW but those aren't official NGW stats.

Danger on the Tracks- 3/30/96

1. Job Squad (Horowitz & Gambler) w/ Milkman vs. The Bearded Menace (Mike Knox & Hanson)
    2. Reggie Bennett (c) vs. Leilani Kai w/ Lana Star- Women's Title Match
    3. Mensa (Toru Yano & The Genius) vs. The Cathedral (Dean Douglas & Damien Sandow)
    4. Honkytonk Man vs. Maxx Payne- Guitar on a Pole Match
    5. Texicans vs. New Rockers vs. Other Side of the Pillow vs. FBI- No Time Limit Elimination Rules 4 Way Dance for #1 Contendership
    6. Mr. Wonderful w/ Gary Spivey vs. Larry Zbyszko
    7. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Ludvig Borga
    8. Fire & Ice (c) vs. Quebecers w/ Ray Rougeau- Tag Title Match- Quebecers promise to break up if they lose
    9. The Patriot (c) vs. Yokozuna (c) w/ Prince Nana- NGW Title vs. Japanese Title Unification Match
    -Plus a special performance from a musical guest still to be determined.

Coming soon!
    Last edited by Baker; 01-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Thread Information