Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILER* Regarding the Future of the Mid-Card Titles

Default *SPOILER* Regarding the Future of the Mid-Card Titles

Quote Originally Posted by WO
    A title unification match between WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose and WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston is likely for the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view next month.
    This is yet another step in what appears to be a very committed attempt to streamline the product in anticipation of the launch. This goes alongside the obvious merging of the world titles, and also the TV rights being sold as one package when they expire.

I dislike fragmentation, so I'm very much for this. I'm actually more for this than I was for the world title merger, but the question remains - with the world titles merged, is this necessary?

Default Re: *SPOILER* Regarding the Future of the Mid-Card Titles

I belive a merge isnt necessery because of 1 simple reason.. the US title doesnt even exist anymore! this is just a jewerly on Dean Ambrose, no one wants it, no one fights for it, no one even remember it exists.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Very, very, very good news

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

I'd rather have two midcard titles. It's not the same as having two world titles. But then again, we're gonna have two world titles again one day. It lasted 9 months last time, eventually they'll bring back a second world title.

Banned

I don't see it as a bad thing. I just read yesterday Ambrose hasn't defended his belt since October. I'm just curious who will go over. Or if a Shield interference will go awry and cost Ambrose his gold causing him to attack someone on the team and jump start that Shield break up. I just wonder if the belts will be better for Langston or Ambrose to win.

It isn't needed but it's helpful. Less belts could allow greater focus on the belts they do keep as far as creative is concerned. Also you can now have a title related match at the end of each hour of RAW which I'd be ok with. It's a great move.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
    I'd rather have two midcard titles. It's not the same as having two world titles. But then again, we're gonna have two world titles again one day. It lasted 9 months last time, eventually they'll bring back a second world title.
    What do you see as a creative way to bring back a 2nd world title?

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    What do you see as a creative way to bring back a 2nd world title?
    I never would, but WWE will eventually. Last time they had Bischoff just hand it to HHH and made him his corporate champion. This time? Who knows, probably the exact same way. Wait for the perfect main event heel and just give it to him.

They aren't bringing back another world title. They had to do it last time because they were splitting the brands.

McMahon loves to artificially inflate everything he has, I get that, but there won't be a second world title again for a very, very long time.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

They barely ever find the time to defend both titles more than like once every 2 months it seems to me and this will help keep one title more prestigious and defended more on tv. How can anybody possibly be against this given the terrible job WWE has done booking two. You think now there is only one world title that is going to change? Keep dreaming I say

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They aren't bringing back another world title. They had to do it last time because they were splitting the brands.

McMahon loves to artificially inflate everything he has, I get that, but there won't be a second world title again for a very, very long time.
    I agree with this. Unless an FTW type Title comes up or something and if it does, I don't see it happening for a couple years. The WWE Title will be the major focus from here on out in my opinion.

If there's any title WWE should use going forward it's the Television Championship. Once the US/IC titles are undisputed it would be good to have a championship that must be defended weekly and ONLY on television.
    SPEAK TO ME WARRIOR! RIP

The TV title is a good title, but it would make sense to get the focus on the IC title first, get that working properly, and establish it as the glass ceiling-breaker it should so clearly be used as. Once that process is complete, then I'd like to see the TV title make a return and can think of no good reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The TV title is a good title, but it would make sense to get the focus on the IC title first, get that working properly, and establish it as the glass ceiling-breaker it should so clearly be used as. Once that process is complete, then I'd like to see the TV title make a return and can think of no good reason not to.
    Yeah I agree. It would really help the credibility of the IC Championship (once unified) if a main event star went after the title or at least had a title shot. WWE needs to stop putting the IC Championship against a main event star and NOT putting the title on the line.
    SPEAK TO ME WARRIOR! RIP

I guess once again I'm in the minority, I'd like them to keep BOTH the U.S. Title & the IC title, I believe in the history of both belts, they should keep them...

i like the US title

it's really pretty and i'll be sad to see it go :c

Is it just me, or is the belt that gets absorbed usually the less aesthetically enjoyable one? I've always liked the design of the US Title than any incarnation of the IC, including the oh-so-glorious white title. Same goes for the WWE Championship and The Big Gold Belt.

Anyway, I see merging the two titles as an admission of guilt in regards to booking a midcard. It may mean that the actual titles themselves may mean more, but there will still be a lot of guys that aren't in the main event who won't have much to do but fill time for TV matches, take up space in tag team matches on Raw, and be seen in "entertainment" sketches or stuff backstage.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

I would actually prefer two mid-card titles if they were both utilized properly and actually both fought for and defended but since like someone already said the U.S. title is just part of Ambrose's attire they might as well unify them.

Frustration isn't the God damn word for it, THIS IS BULLSHIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

I'm all for this. There should only be four titles imo: WC, IC, Tag, and Diva. This gives them more importance and more likely, longer reigns (I hope).

Another step in the right direction imo. One World title, the IC title, Tag titles and a Divas title is perfect. It helps bring the prestige back to the titles because it won't be so easy to win one. They had gotten to the point where they were putting the belts on guys to try and get them heat when it should be the other way around.

Back in the day they would have great IC title feuds between guys and it was those feuds that helped them move up to the main event scene (e.g Triple H/Rock). Hopefully this change can bring us back to those days in that respect.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA_CenA View Post
    I guess once again I'm in the minority, I'd like them to keep BOTH the U.S. Title & the IC title, I believe in the history of both belts, they should keep them...
    With all due respect , what in the blue hell does the history of the titles have to do with what's relevant in todays WWE? Especially when one of the belts history exclusively lies with another extinct company.

I love this move and look forward to the match.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Good. The US Title is absolutely nothing.

Yeah I'm all for this, hell I'm not surprised the WWE has plans to merge both the IC and US titles as I figured it was only a matter of time before this happened after unifying the WWE and World titles. Hopefully this will means that whichever title they decide to keep (most likely the IC title) will be defended more often on Raw and Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    Another step in the right direction imo. One World title, the IC title, Tag titles and a Divas title is perfect. It helps bring the prestige back to the titles because it won't be so easy to win one. They had gotten to the point where they were putting the belts on guys to try and get them heat when it should be the other way around.
    Agreed.

I don't see how this is anything but a good thing.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Good maybe the titles will actually matter again.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

Their needs to be one midcard title. Less dilution and better chance to create major stars and set them on the path to the world title.

Thread Information