Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

  1. #1

    Default IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    ...and that's a big IF at this point (Batista and to a lesser degree Punk have more of a chance of winning) but if he does, then here's what I think would be an interesting scenario where he wins the Rumble and breaks free of Wyatt's "spell" at the same time.

    Let's say the entire Wyatt Family ends up being the final four at the Rumble. Wyatt grabs the mic and orders (or just naturally expects) that all three of them will step over the top rope and eliminate themselves so that Bray himself can be declared the winner. Rowan takes his time doing so first. Then Harper follows. But when Bray orders Bryan to then do the same, Bryan stands there for a moment contemplating whether he should or not and the fans begin chanting "NO!" extremely loud and we start to see it's having a clear effect on Bryan. He's starting to feel the positive energy of the crowd more than ever before and it eventually causes him to snap out of it and attack Wyatt. Rowan and Harper climb back into the ring to help Bray but Bryan fights them off and ends up eliminating Wyatt to win the match.

    While some may feel this might be a bit too early to separate Bryan from Wyatt, I disagree. I think this would be the perfect chance to do it but only if Bryan wins. What better chance to break away from them than when you're one elimination away from winning the Rumble and getting a title shot at Wrestlemania? I do have a couple of slightly different ways on how it could play out but I like this one the best. Either way, this all leads to Bryan/Wyatt at Elimination Chamber so that he can wrap up this whole feud before the build to Mania starts.

  2. #2
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,429

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Even though they should have had Bryan join the Wyatts a month or two ago if they were contemplating this scenario, it makes a ton of sense for Bryan to betray Wyatt to win the Rumble. That way, they have something for Bryan to do at Elimination Chamber before he comes into the WWE World Championship storyline again. It gives the perfect amount of time to bring closure to the Wyatt storyline. So you're pretty spot-on with that.

    But again, I feel that having Bryan betray the Wyatt Family at the Rumble is way too quick a turnaround on the storyline, so I don't really see WWE doing that. I'd love it if it happened, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    This would be a great scenerio and I belive everyone have though of it.. I really hope WWE have the brains to do that cause that would be fricking awsome instead of giving another hollow victory to Batista or sometin'.

    for me it's either Punk or Bryan. not because of markiness but because there is no one more logical then both of them to win.

  4. #4
    PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockport, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,662

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    In my opinion, with the way this storyline has gone Bryan now has zero chance of winning the rumble which has sort of killed my excitement for it. Batista or Punk are the only possible winners now IMO, and I guess possibly a returning Sheamus but that's a small possibility and a shit one

    ( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

    Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

  5. #5
    I LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE E <3 Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    12,867

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    First question, why is Punk considered more of a possibility than Bryan? Hasn't Punk been kinda floating around for the last month or so?

    Second question, what's wrong with keeping the Wyatt Family as the Wild Cards that are helping Bryan ascend simply for the sole purpose of fucking shit up? Everyone loves that whole "agent of chaos" bit. Why not run with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

    I'm a follower.

    This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

  6. #6
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,759

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    I have no idea why people think Batista might win the Rumble... That's clearly not what they brought him back for.

    As for Punk, he has no chance of winning the Rumble. There's even a storyline reason to prevent that from happening. Let's just say Roman Reigns has a much better chance of winning the Rumble than Punk.

    Anyways, Bryan + The Wyatt Family = Very good chance of Bryan winning the Rumble.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I have no idea why people think Batista might win the Rumble... That's clearly not what they brought him back for.

    As for Punk, he has no chance of winning the Rumble. There's even a storyline reason to prevent that from happening. Let's just say Roman Reigns has a much better chance of winning the Rumble than Punk.

    Anyways, Bryan + The Wyatt Family = Very good chance of Bryan winning the Rumble.
    why is everybody thinking Wyatt's are going to turn face to help Bryan? that would never happend, Bryan is the bitch of the stable, he is there like the others to make Bray's wishes come true. because of the fact 2 of the potential champions for Mania (Orton & Lesner) are heels you are implying of a Wyatt's face turn, and like I said, wont happen and would be terrible if so. the only good way for Bryan to win the Rumble is to turn on the wyatts.

  8. #8
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,759

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by C-enation View Post
    why is everybody thinking Wyatt's are going to turn face to help Bryan? that would never happend, Bryan is the bitch of the stable, he is there like the others to make Bray's wishes come true. because of the fact 2 of the potential champions for Mania (Orton & Lesner) are heels you are implying of a Wyatt's face turn, and like I said, wont happen and would be terrible if so. the only good way for Bryan to win the Rumble is to turn on the wyatts.
    Who says the Wyatts are gonna or have to turn face if they help Bryan win?

  9. #9
    PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockport, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,662

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    This storyline is not headed for a Bryan rumble win. They are not going to hot shot the Bryan face return that quickly and Bray is not going to help Bryan win

    It's not happening

    ( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

    Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,137

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    As for Punk, he has no chance of winning the Rumble. There's even a storyline reason to prevent that from happening. Let's just say Roman Reigns has a much better chance of winning the Rumble than Punk.
    Unless Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins are to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship before Mania, Reigns has no chance.

    Let's not exaggerate. There's a slim chance Punk could win the Rumble. Reigns has no chance but will have a strong showing.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Darkmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In the true North - Strong and Free!
    Posts
    6,070

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    It would be an awesome part of the Rumble match if Cena were to enter it, and he was alone in the ring with Bryan and the Wyatts. Would Bryan support a Cena beat down?


    Thanks JV for the artwork!!

  12. #12

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    First question, why is Punk considered more of a possibility than Bryan? Hasn't Punk been kinda floating around for the last month or so?

    Second question, what's wrong with keeping the Wyatt Family as the Wild Cards that are helping Bryan ascend simply for the sole purpose of fucking shit up? Everyone loves that whole "agent of chaos" bit. Why not run with it?
    The only title match I could see Bryan in at Mania is Orton/Cena/Bryan in a triple threat (which would bear quite the resemblance to HHH/HBK/Benoit at WM20, even as much as the two veterans of the match feuding with one another since December of the previous year all the way to Mania) and while not implausible (in fact, those few shots of Orton holding both belts up with Bryan to his left and Cena to his right the night after TLC might have even been a hint), Punk/Orton is an overall fresher match and probably more likely to happen.

    And tell me you aren't suggesting the Wyatts should turn face?


    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I have no idea why people think Batista might win the Rumble... That's clearly not what they brought him back for.
    He's returning to the WWE for the first time in four years and winning the Rumble and then the title at Mania is a big way to capitalize on that momentum and hype. Not saying it'll happen, but it's easy to see why they'd do it.

  13. #13
    I LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE E <3 Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    12,867

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by WWF/E Guru View Post
    The only title match I could see Bryan in at Mania is Orton/Cena/Bryan in a triple threat (which would bear quite the resemblance to HHH/HBK/Benoit at WM20, even as much as the two veterans of the match feuding with one another since December of the previous year all the way to Mania) and while not implausible (in fact, those few shots of Orton holding both belts up with Bryan to his left and Cena to his right the night after TLC might have even been a hint), Punk/Orton is an overall fresher match and probably more likely to happen.

    And tell me you aren't suggesting the Wyatts should turn face?




    He's returning to the WWE for the first time in four years and winning the Rumble and then the title at Mania is a big way to capitalize on that momentum and hype. Not saying it'll happen, but it's easy to see why they'd do it.
    Nope. I'm going with that recent news story that Vince isn't doing heels and babyfaces anymore. Let the Wyatts be the Wyatts. They'll be Joker in The Dark Knight Rises.

    Daniel Bryan Wyatt will rise to the top with the family causing anarchy, simply because they like causing anarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

    I'm a follower.

    This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

  14. #14
    I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I stack like dat
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    I feel there is no chance Batista wins the Rumble.

  15. #15
    Senior Member NuckyThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Straight outta the Attitude Era
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    I just really hope we have a traditional main event title fight @ Mania, and especially one we haven't seen before. With that said I want Batista to win the Rumble, but if not then the only other choices I'd accept would be Brock or Bryan.

    Orton or Cena vs any of those 3 would be repeats (except Orton vs Brock but both are heels). Therefore it doesn't make sense to have them hold the title going into Mania. The only scenarios I'd be in favor of out of those 5 wrestlers are either Batista vs Brock which means one wins the Rumble and the other wins the title at Chamber.... or with Bryan winning the Rumble and Brock winning the title at Chamber.

    Anything else doesn't interest me, and would probably be a huge turn off imo.

    So ideally...

    Batista (rumble) vs Brock (title @ chamber)

    Or

    Bryan (rumble) vs Brock (title @ chamber)

  16. #16
    Resident Jackass StunVKMcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Age
    36
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    I think if it ends up being Bryan and Wyatt, Wyatt may let him have it to further the ideals of 'Burning down the house'. Having Bryan win the title would have more impact than Bray and he can STAY with the family.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,146

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Batista's only back cuz it's WM 30 season and he's in potentially the biggest movie of the summer. He'll have a good showing in the Rumble but he's not winning.

  18. #18
    Banned The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    In my opinion, with the way this storyline has gone Bryan now has zero chance of winning the rumble which has sort of killed my excitement for it. Batista or Punk are the only possible winners now IMO, and I guess possibly a returning Sheamus but that's a small possibility and a shit one
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from with that, BUT....

    .... Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan is a dream match for smarks. Man, when I first came on PW and I heard about this generic looking Bryan Danielson/American Dragon dude and Pepsi tatooed, CM Punk; I would've laughed at the thought of both of them facing The Undertaker at Mania. However, look how far these guys came and yet people still want more.

    Internet wrestling fans have to be up there with the most annoying people in the world.

    No offense to you. It's just in general.

  19. #19
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,759

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    You know what kind of worries me though? Elimination Chamber. I have an odd feeling that the Title match for Wrestlemania will be determined there instead of at the Rumble. Especially since it seems like the WWE really hates straight lines right now... Shenanigans would not surprise me.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Nope. I'm going with that recent news story that Vince isn't doing heels and babyfaces anymore. Let the Wyatts be the Wyatts. They'll be Joker in The Dark Knight Rises.

    Daniel Bryan Wyatt will rise to the top with the family causing anarchy, simply because they like causing anarchy.
    Hate to be "That Guy", but Joker was in the Dark Knight, Bane was in Dark Knight Rises (damn my love for batman). I love your point though about the Wyatts wanting to cause anarchy just because they can and enjoy it. They should be the tweeners that just attack anyone, anywhere, anytime, heel or face....why? Just because.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Who says the Wyatts are gonna or have to turn face if they help Bryan win?
    the champion is a heel which means Bryan must be a face, if they are going to help a face win they are probably babyfaces aren't they? Wyatts dont need to help Bryan do nothing, he needs to get read of them by or in the Rumble and go on to continue his singles career.

  22. #22
    Senior Member KingInTheNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    IF Bryan were to win the Rumble, 'ere's what I'd do.

    DB wins the Rumble, Cena defeats Orton to become champ. At Elimination Chamber, Bryan is forced by Bray Wyatt to put his title shot on the line against all 3 Wyatts. If he wins he's free, if he loses he has to be in Bray's corner at Mania. Bryan wins, and Cena retains his belt in the Chamber match. So it's Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena at Mania, the 2 top faces ala Hogan/Warrior.

  23. #23
    Resident Jackass StunVKMcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Age
    36
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Austin spent a ton of time in the grey area, as does Punk. The face/heel line can be blurred as long as the feud works with it. As in, he cant take on the Authority and be Orton's buddy, but he can take them on but still beat down a guy like Ziggler to help him see his lost potential and get him to join the family. Just a poor example, but you get my point.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Any chance Bray reveals during his loss to DB that Undertaker is in fact the Devil that made him do whatever before and that sets up the DB/UT match at Mania?

  25. #25
    We the People! JV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: IF Bryan Wins The Rumble...

    Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Any chance Bray reveals during his loss to DB that Undertaker is in fact the Devil that made him do whatever before and that sets up the DB/UT match at Mania?
    Interesting. Like I said before this current angle/gimmick of Daniel Bryan makes it more likely that he would face Taker at WM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •