Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Del Rio Owns Batista

Banned

Default Del Rio Owns Batista

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/2...atista-already

Seems like Big Dave is getting that big head that Booker T had to pop a few years back. I'm already annoyed with his return.

Props to Del Rio for not laying down for him.

Banned

Default Re: Del Rio Owns Batista

I saw this stuff before and it's very interesting. Del Rio might not be living up to his potential but I think his stock would rise massively if he laid out Batista in the Rumble. Also, he'd be fired but it would matter to the people of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    I saw this stuff before and it's very interesting. Del Rio might not be living up to his potential but I think his stock would rise massively if he laid out Batista in the Rumble. Also, he'd be fired but it would matter to the people of the world.
    What in god's name are you talking about?

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Since ADR is more of an MMA guy than 'Tista could ever dream of being....

Yeah right, ADR is gonna risk his job and livelihood just to pwn Dave.

Banned

Which part is confusing? Batista talked shit and Del Rio threw it back in his face saying he didn't have any balls. Batista might be a big deal but I figure Del Rio might take a chance and potato Batista during the Rumble considering Del Rio isn't afraid of a fight. I think wrestling fans would take serious notice. It would be wrestling legend from then on out. And on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Since ADR is more of an MMA guy than 'Tista could ever dream of being....

Yeah right, ADR is gonna risk his job and livelihood just to pwn Dave.
    A man's pride can make him do lots of things he wouldn't normally do. Real hits occur in the ring all the time. Might just get super interesting.

Yeah, it'd be comically unprofessional and he might not work again. All to be a "legend" to a bunch of internet fans? Seems like a low risk-reward proposition.

This is professional wrestling. The reason it works is because workers, no matter their backstage beef, have to trust their opponent with their bodies.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Del Rio would be STUPID to try anything that would get him fired.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

This is professional wrestling.
    To elaborate, "professional" implies they do this for money.

Risking your livelihood to cheap shot a major acquisition in the ring would be stupid. It's one thing to pull some shit with Sin Cara. It's another thing entirely to take liberties with an actual star. Given that Del Rio's been able to wade tricky political waters and maintain a swank spot on the roster in spite of underwhelming job performance, I'd suggest he's not a moron.

Banned

Was Booker T a moron?

Banned

Was Booker T a moron?
    Booker T didn't take unnecessary liberties in the ring to prove a point. And Batista wasn't about to potentially be a very big movie star.

But altogether I'd say yes. Because starting fights in the work place is for morons.

Banned

Yeah, it'd be comically unprofessional and he might not work again. All to be a "legend" to a bunch of internet fans? Seems like a low risk-reward proposition.

This is professional wrestling. The reason it works is because workers, no matter their backstage beef, have to trust their opponent with their bodies.
    His motivation would ego driven, not internet fan driven. People still talk about the Jericho Goldberg shit like they were there. Neither man did what they did to impress the IWC. lol.

The reason it works has zero to do with anything here except two guys with attitudes that both have fancied themselves actual fighters during their careers. That reason it works shit is hilarious by the way. Why not post the disclaimer and suggest someone tweet it to both men. DONT TRY THIS AT HOME GUYS. lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big E-nigma View Post
    Booker T didn't take unnecessary liberties in the ring to prove a point. And Batista wasn't about to potentially be a very big movie star.

But altogether I'd say yes. Because starting fights in the work place is for morons.
    Isn't being a moron a big part of being a prowrestler in the first place?

Banned

Isn't being a moron a big part of being a prowrestler in the first place?
    So you're actively encouraging idiocy. You have no argument whatsoever. Got it.

His motivation would ego driven, not internet fan driven. People still talk about the Jericho Goldberg shit like they were there. Neither man did what they did to impress the IWC. lol.

The reason it works has zero to do with anything here except two guys with attitudes that both have fancied themselves actual fighters during their careers. That reason it works shit is hilarious by the way. Why not post the disclaimer and suggest someone tweet it to both men. DONT TRY THIS AT HOME GUYS. lol.
    At some point in their career, THEY WERE ACTUAL FIGHTERS. Jericho and Goldberg had a backstage fight. That's a different level of stupid than cheapshotting somebody on live television. His stock wouldn't rise massively among anybody except internet fans. He'd probably be fired immediately and might not work again in the largest wrestling company in the world. But hey, at least people would talk about him!

"I like cake."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big E-nigma View Post
    So you're actively encouraging idiocy. You have no argument whatsoever. Got it.
    Who's arguing? I wish you weren't constantly trolling. It would be fun to have a real conversation with you. If you think wrestling isn't full of jocks and dickheads, you don't know anything about prowrestling. Also, if you want to go the idiocy based on the odds of becoming a star in a business full of nobodies, pretty basic stuff there.

Banned

At some point in their career, THEY WERE ACTUAL FIGHTERS. Jericho and Goldberg had a backstage fight. That's a different level of stupid than cheapshotting somebody on live television. His stock wouldn't rise massively among anybody except internet fans. He'd probably be fired immediately and might not work again in the largest wrestling company in the world. But hey, at least people would talk about him!
    I'm sure they're still fighters at heart. Also, if real fighting is stupid, is watching a show religiously about fake fighting stupid too? Also Del Rio would go back to Mexico and be the superstar he was there before he came here. I doubt that's a massive concern.

~Credit to Bender for the awesome sig

I'm sure they're still fighters at heart. Also, if real fighting is stupid, is watching a show religiously about fake fighting stupid too? Also Del Rio would go back to Mexico and be the superstar he was there before he came here. I doubt that's a massive concern.
    Real fighting at your workplace is stupid.

There's a reason he came from Mexico to the WWE. It's because the pay is a hell of a lot better.

"I like cake."

It's the inverse reason of why so many Luchadores are still wrestling in their sixties. The money for wrestling in Mexico ain't SHIT.

Hate him if you want, but Del Rio is a boss in the ring. He could carry a match with Batista and make it good. I hope they fight at EC, it would be a nice first ppv singles match for Big Dave. I have very little interest in Orton/Batista at XXX (if that happens), but nothing I can do about that.

Banned

Real fighting at your workplace is stupid.
    That wasn't the question.

There's a reason he came from Mexico to the WWE. It's because the pay is a hell of a lot better.
    Assumption.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    It's the inverse reason of why so many Luchadores are still wrestling in their sixties. The money for wrestling in Mexico ain't SHIT.
    I would assume anyone working in their sixties is doing it for the money. lol.

Yeah taking a shit on the whole locker room wasn't very cool. What a dick. I mean Dave doing the whole "who are you" thing was less a big deal. ADR trash talked him in storyline so big Dave might of just been pumping it up for the rumble on Twitter since he won't be on screen for a bit and maybe ADR just got pissy about it, then Dave got pissy and buried the locker room as being B-level stars compared to the "A-era"...wasn't Batista more apart of the current era? He was never really apart of the attitude era. He got there when the Attitude Era was on it's death bed. Batista was kind of in that odd era where the attitude era was kind of dead but the PG era wasn't in swing yet. They were just kind of in limbo. Basically what I'm saying is it's not like Dave was huge star alongside Austin and Rock.

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    Assuming you even get paid, most of the non-famous guys over here either study or have another job for a reason. their wrestling 'paychecks' depend on how the sales of an event do. In the worse case scenario, they get paid barely enough to buy lunch that day, and not a decent lunch!

Granted, the big and famous guys like Parka, Konnan, Dr. Wagner Jr, Hijo del Santo, Blue Demon Jr, Ultimo Guerrero, and Mistico I? They do just fine, and so would Del Rio if he came back.

Hell, he would do much better than when he was Dos Caras Jr.
    That's all, folks.

Whether it's a work or not Dave should have attacked Del Rio in a different fashion. Alberto just kept it simple while Dave took it a little too serious. Now he called him a C level star in a B star era. Did Batista forget Rey Mysterio, Khali, Orton, Cena, Henry, are all superstars that are still around since he has been gone? Some may dislike Del Rio but one can't deny his in ring work is good. He could carry a match and make any one look good in that squared circle. Sure his character has gotten stale but when he first came in he was red hot. If the E continued to push him correctly he would be one of the biggest heels. Not to mention he is not bad on the mic at all. Who knows maybe this is a set up for a EC or Mania match it wouldn't be bad match if you ask me just wouldn't be to crazy about it if it was at Mania but with good story telling it wouldn't be bad.

Thread Information