Thread: The Ultimate Fighting Championship

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighting Championship

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    Shamrock, Rutten and Severn... damn. Although you've been treating Rutten not so well so I think I can take him out of the equation here and I figure Shamrock/Severn will be the main frontrunners. Go Beast!
    In all reality I would have loved to have had Rutten win UFC 2, but he lost on the roll to Volk Han, which I thought was believable. Rutten didn't really hit his prime until 95-96 when his grappling game had finally come of age. By the time he hit the UFC in 99 he was already long in the tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    I'm becoming more and more of a fan of this Kimo guy. He's got a bad ass look, and did he legit carry a cross the the octagon? Almost to bad ass to fathom. I kinda hope he wrecks some fools, or is at least booked to be protected and kept strong in defeat. Maybe first-ever DQ in UFC history? Have him attack the ref?

I love the uniqueness of this fed.
    Yes sir, he carried the cross to the ring at UFC 3 in his first round fight against Royce Gracie. Royce was the unbeaten champion at 7-0 and had won the first two tournaments without being hit or touched. Kimo put the heat on him in that fight and pushed him harder than anyone else was able to probably ever. It was widely regarded as the best MMA fight of all time for a while, still one of my personal favorite fights of all time and probably the single fight that hooked me into the sport back when I seen it at the age of 9. They mention Kimo in the UFC 20 year anniversary documentary, saying that he and his manager pulled up to the UFC offices all pumped up without shirts on, demanding to be put in the next tournament. classic. If anything I think the old school UFC proved that real people can be far more interesting than fictional characters, you just have to know where to look for them. I think that's something that may be a little lost on today's real life UFC bookers. Today's MMA fighters all seem to be the same cookie cutter MMA guy, tattoos, mohawk, college guys with painted toe-nails etc. Meh. I'll take these old school guys over the new crop. Not as technically skilled, but far more compelling.

Love the feedback guys. I wish there was some way to make a prediction/gambling system, but I don't know how odds work or how any kind of gambling works. That would be a fun way to incorporate predictions if we could ever figure it out.

The thing I love about booking this is the format that the UFC had for this period. I would love to try(or see somebody else try) this perpetual tournament format with pro wrestling someday, and maybe more control of the finishes/booking. I think it would work great, working your way through the years with this format. You could build up some great characters. One example is if you booked a guy to lose in the finals of 4 strait tournaments, then had him disappear for a few tournaments, return and win one finally. That would be a huge story(one that would be near impossible to pull off with my dice system). That's one of many examples. You could build up some great rivalries and characters with this one belt/one tournament format.

An awesome little supplement to this fed would be Emperor's review thread down in the Fight Club. Anyone remotely interested in this fed should really check this out: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3979084

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC IV: Revenge Of The Warriors
    December 16th, 1994
    Expo Square Pavilion
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

One year ago we set out on a quest to find the Ultimate Fighter in combat sports today....

Through three different tournaments, reputations were built.... and destroyed...

Many martial arts have been tested.... and found left wanting...

In the end there was only 1 man standing tall. Brazilian Ju Jitsu master, Rickson Gracie...

Tonight, 8 of the world's toughest martial artists will try to climb their way to the top of the mountain for a shot at Rickson's title next year....

Five veterans will return and three newcomers will get their chance to prove themselves in the Ultimate Proving Ground.... The OCTAGON!

It's time... TO OPEN UP THE GATES!

The opening shot pans around the arena to showcase a crowd of nearly 6,000 Okies ready for action as Bruce Beck, Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler Jeff Blatnick, and NFL Hall Of Fame tough guy Jim Brown welcome the television audience on commentary. The three men briefly go over our format for tonight's show. We will have a single elimination tournament, open weight, eight men, only 1 survives at the end of the night and will get a $50,000 purse along with a shot at Rickson Gracie's claim of the Ultimate Fighting Champion next April. As was the case for the first 3 tournaments, there are NO RULES. No time limits. Fights can end with a knockout, submission, referee stoppage, or with the corner throwing in the towel.

We get a brief introduction with the doctors, sanctioning commissioners, cut men, and our referee, former Los Angeles Police Officer "Big" John Mccarthy!

+++ LET'S GET IT ON! +++

Quarterfinal Round

vs

Quarterfinal Round: Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Melton Bowen(Boxing)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Ken Shamrock comes out bigger and meaner looking than ever. Bowen is officially the first fighter to wear 4 oz. fingerless gloves to protect his hands.

The crowd was really hot for this one right from the start as Shamrock immediately tried to tie up and take the fight to the ground. Bowen managed to defend Shamrock's initial takedown attempt and land a few punches to the body while in the clinch. Shamrock continued pressing for a takedown, but Bowen clung to the fence to defend it. Shamrock was forced to break away after taking multiple heavy shots to the body. Shamrock picked his next takedown much more carefully, setting it up right as Bowen unleashed a furious strait right hand. Shamrock was able to get the bigger man down. Bowen was able to land some surprisingly stiff punches from his back until Shamrock gradually transitioned from Side Mount into a Full Mount. Bowen thrashed around for a bit before rolling over to expose his back and give up a Rear Naked Choke. Shamrock wins via tapout after 4 minutes.

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Volk Han(Sambo) vs Kimo(Street Fighting)

Kimo blitzed Han at the bell and unloaded with hard uppercuts and hooks until Han was able to tie up with him. The men scrambled around at a furious, explosive pace until Kimo was able to force Han to the mat to his back. Han locked Kimo in a full guard, but he ate a HEAVY right hand to the face that closed his eye with swelling. Kimo got overconfident and stood up in Han's guard, allowing him to explode into a Heel Hook/Knee Bar combination submission. Kimo tapped out after an intense 1:35. Volk Han's right eye was swollen completely shut.

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Minoru Suzuki(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Bas Rutten(Hybrid Wrestling)

This was a rematch of a fight that took place in Pancrase in Japan earlier this year, which was won by Rutten with a knee to the liver.

Both guys came out very, very cautious for the opening two minutes. Suzuki threw some open handed palm strikes, but Rutten tagged him with leg kicks. Suzuki shot in on a leg kick and took Rutten down to the ground. Rutten locked Suzuki in his guard and fought off several submission attempts, eventually rolling up to take a top position after a failed Knee Bar. Rutten laid stuck in Suzuki's half guard for a solid minute before Suzuki worked him into a full guard. From there both men fought extremely conservatively in a human chess match stale mate. The fans grew restless as the match hit the 10 minute mark without any significant action. Suzuki exploded on Rutten out of nowhere with an Armbar attempt, but Rutten was able to slip his arm out due to the sweat. Rutten scrambled to his feet, but Suzuki kept in tight with him and tried to take him back down to the ground. Rutten defended Suzuki's takedown attempt and landed a multitude of open handed palm strikes and downward elbows. Suzuki worked his way through the strikes and slammed Rutten against the fence. Rutten tried to lock Suzuki into a Guillotine Choke, but Suzuki popped his head out and landed a few strikes from the top position. Rutten frantically pushed Suzuki off of him with his legs in order to stand back to his feet. Suzuki was dropped with a hard three punch combo that ended with a brutal right hook to the liver. Suzuki visibly winced in pain as he backpedaled. Rutten pounced in with a flurry of strikes that knocked Suzuki down into the fence . Suzuki's corner threw in the towel just as Rutten began unloading soccer kicks.

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Anthony Macias(Kickboxing)

Dan Severn dominated his first round opponent and carved his niche into UFC history with the most brutal German Suplex of all time...

Severn took Macias' back and finished him off with a Rear Naked Choke at 1:45. The fans went nuts for Severn during and after the fight.

Semi-Final Round

vs

Semi-Final Match: Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Volk Han(Sambo)

Volk Han came out with a badly swollen right eye from his last fight. Both guys circled each other conservatively until Shamrock closed in with a shot. Han pulled guard and tried to transition low for a leg lock, but Shamrock defended it well. Shamrock postured up on Volk Han and did some effective damage from within his full guard. Han's eye was busted open with headbutts and punches. Shamrock postured up on one knee inside Han's guard and battered him with hard shots as he pushed him up against the fence. Blood began pouring profusely from Han's eye. Had attempted to pivot his body around for a hip heist sweep, but Shamrock kept his position and landed a sickening headbutt right on Han's swollen, bloodied eye. Big John stepped in and stopped the fight after 4:18. Han's cornermen were not happy about the stoppage at all. Shamrock moves on to his third tournament final match with another impressive performance.

vs

Semi-Final Match: Bas Rutten(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Dan Severn(Wrestling)

Severn continued to win the crowd over with a the best fight of the night against Rutten in the semi's. Rutten caught Severn with a cracking kick to the body before being swarmed with a ruthless takedown. Severn controlled Rutten and drove him up against the fence, mauling him with wild shots. Rutten answered back with flurries of punches from his back, but Severn ate them and did considerable damage from within Rutten's guard. Rutten worked his legs up for a Triangle Choke, but he couldn't quite get it locked on. Severn forced the tapout with a forearm pushed down into Rutten's throat with all of his weight behind it as Rutten's head was up against the cage wall.

+++ Intermission +++

Prior to the final match we get a ringside interview with the two time UFC tournament champion, Rickson Gracie...

Rickson Gracie lost in the semi-finals of UFC 1 to Ken Shamrock(who would go on to win the tourny), and would return at UFC 2 to begin a 7 fight win streak, winning the UFC II and III tournaments all by submission. Rickson avenged his loss to Shamrock in the finals of UFC III by choking him unconscious with an Arm Triangle Choke from his back.

The interviewer gets a few brief words with our champion in order to plug our next upcoming event. UFC V will take place in April of 1995 and will be main evented with an Undisputed UFC World Championship match, the first ever. Rickson Gracie will go on to face whoever wins tonight's final match. UFC V will also feature another 8 man tournament.

Rickson is asked who he would rather fight at UFC V, either Ken Shamrock or Dan Severn. Rickson replies saying that he's very impressed with both men's performances and he's ready to fight either man next April.

Tournament Finals

vs

Tournament Finals: Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Dan Severn(Wrestling)

Severn had the fans fully behind him as he took on Shamrock. The two men locked up in a classic collar and elbow wrestling clinch, with Severn bull rushing Shamrock up against the cage. Severn left his neck hanging out too far and allowed for Ken Shamrock to lock him in a violent Guillotine Choke for the tapout victory at 2:14.

Ken Shamrock has returned from his loss in the finals of UFC III with a path of rage through 3 opponents tonight en route to his second UFC Tournament Championship! Rickson Gracie applauds from his ringside seat as Ken is presented with a massive cardboard check for $50,000. Shamrock cuts an interview afterwards saying that his entire motivation for tonight was a rematch with Rickson Gracie, the only man to ever defeat him! The MATCH IS ON! GRACIE VS SHAMROCK III, THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP! UFC V!

Bookerman's notes: Well, we had a pretty close scare in the first round when things almost went terribly wrong in the Shamrock/Bowen matchup. Shamrock had Bowen outmatched with a 3-1 die advantage. I almost shit my pants when Shamrock rolled three 1's. Luckily Bowen only rolled a 2 with his lone die. That was a close one that almost really fucked shit up. That definitely would have been the end of Ken Shamrock in this universe. Maybe an earlier WWE career.

Just to give an example of how I'm determining who get's what die, these are how I figured the attributes for Shamrock/Bowen:

Spoiler

Something I tweaked starting with this show is the wear and the toll that each fight takes on a guy from round to round in the tournament. Depending on the roll, if a fight is really close, the guy that goes on to the next round will have points deducted from his "Physical" attributes for his next fight. This is a good way of simulating the way a tournament works. If a guy has a brutal fight in the first round, he's going to have more points deducted from his physical attributes than compared to someone who squashed their first round opponent with a high roll.

I cheated a bit with the finals and went with the actual results of the first Shamrock vs Severn match here because it's hard for me to believe that fight would have turned out any differently just a few months before. The main event I was hoping for was either Shamrock vs Suzuki or Shamrock vs Rutten, but Severn crept his way into the finals on the roll.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's neat to see how the die situation played out with Shamrock/Bowen... because I was nervous something was afoot with the Shamrock/Bowen match summary... like legit nervous Shamrock was gonna get punked out.

I fucking love this. This is THE most innovative fan fic idea in a long, long time... if not ever. I love the concept, I love how it's written, I love how it's visually presented... just everything about it. Top marks all around.

I love that everything worked out for this Rickson/Shamrock rivalry. They've both won two tournaments... including one a piece that didn't feature the other. They hold wins over each other, so really... Shamrock has just as much of a claim to the title belt as Rickson. I'm fully expecting Rickson/Shamrock III to be EPIC, and I'm hoping Severn earns the next title shot. Somehow, someway, you're subtling getting character traits over... and it's super endearing. I like Shamrock, but feel like he's kind of a prick and has been getting some lucky breaks. I HATE Rickson... but don't really know why. Maybe he seems like a pompous little fuck? Still get a kick out of Kimo, instant marking for Severn... and I've got some quiet but deep respect going on for Suzuki. I also love the little factoids like how "this is the first time anyone has worn 4-oz. gloves", etc. God... I could keep ranting about this. It's so fucking good. I love it. And I never EVER would've thought I'd ever be saying that about a UFC/MMA fan fic. Just goes to show you often don't know true love until it finds you.

Great fucking stuff, dude.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC V: The Return Of The Beast
    Press Conference/Weigh Ins

April 6th, 1995
    YMCA
    Charlotte, NC

After 2 and a half years and 4 tournaments, the UFC has finally come down to just 2 men in their quest to find the ultimate martial artist on this planet. Nearly 27 different competitors have brought martial arts from every corner of the globe, but tomorrow night, only 2 of them will fight it out to determine the Undisputed Ultimate Fighting Champion!

Ken Shamrock and Rickson Gracie both represent polar opposite worlds. Shamrock grew up on the streets as a misguided youth, taken in by Bob Shamrock's foster home and given the direction that ultimately led him to the martial arts that turned his life around. Rickson Gracie grew up in the famed Gracie family in Brazil, where he earned his black belt in his family's martial art at the young age of 18. Shamrock and Gracie's paths first crossed in the Semi-Finals of the very first UFC tournament back in November of 1993. Shamrock clipped Gracie with a headbutt that separated him from consciousness after nearly an hour of fighting. The Gracie family was disgraced with their very first defeat taking place on national PPV, putting a halt to their plans to expand their chain of Ju Jitsu schools into America. Shamrock would go on to defeat renowned Olympic legend Alexandre Karelin in the finals to win the UFC I tournament. Shamrock would be forced to withdrawal from the 2nd UFC tournament due to an injured hand. Rickson Gracie returned and restored the honor to his family's name and martial art by running the table, choking all 4 of his opponents unconscious en route to the championship. Gracie and Shamrock had their eyes set on each other in the third UFC tournament in September 1994. Both men fought through the tournament to meet for a rematch in the finals, this time with Rickson catching Ken in an Arm Triangle Choke from his back. Shamrock was choked out and suffered his first ever defeat. The Gracie family had their revenge and their champion Rickson was now considered the Ultimate Fighting Champion. Shamrock returned for the fourth UFC tournament last December and managed to win out in one of the deepest fields of competitors seen in the UFC to date. Shamrock defeated a heavyweight boxer, Volk Han, and Dan Severn in the finals to win his second UFC tournament championship. Both Shamrock and Gracie sit atop the mountain. Both men hold victories over one another(the only losses either man has ever had). Both men are 2 time UFC tournament champions. Both men have officially announced that they plan to retire from martial arts if they fail to win the Undisputed UFC World Championship.

UFC Undisputed World Championship
    Rickson Gracie vs Ken Shamrock III

vs

Rickson Gracie Tale of the Tape Ken Shamrock
    Nationality
    Brazilian Ju Jitsu Martial Arts
    Background
    Hybrid Wrestling
    5' 11" Height 6'
    188 lbs Weight 230 lbs
    26 Age 31
    8-1 UFC record 8-1

The Tournament:

Dan Severn(6'2", 260)
    UFC Record: 2-1
    USA/Wrestling

Dan "The Beast" Severn gained incredible popularity after his performance in his UFC debut at the last event. Severn has recently won the NWA World Championship in the pro wrestling world. The Beast made it to the finals of the UFC IV tournament where he was caught with a submission by the more experienced Ken Shamrock.

Keith Hackney(5'11", 200)
    UFC Record: 1-1
    USA/White Tiger Kenpo-Karate

Kieth Hackney earned the nickname "The Giant Killer" after his stunning upset of the 600 pound Emmanuel Yarborough at UFC III. Hackney would lose in the semi-finals of UFC III in a tough fight against Ken Shamrock.

Steve Jennum(5'10", 217)
    USA/Ninjitsu

Jennum makes his return for the first time since UFC 3, where he was defeated by eventual tournament champion Rickson Gracie in the second round. Jennum is a police officer in Omaha Nebraska by day.

Oleg Taktarov(6', 218)
    UFC Record: Debut
    Russia/Sambo

Oleg is a Russian Sambo master from Gorky, Russia making his UFC debut. Oleg has experience training in Ken Shamrock's Lions Den.

Dave Beneteau(6'4", 255)
    Canada/Wrestling

Beneteau is a Canadian wrestler making his UFC debut. Dave was an alternate for team Canada in the 1988 Olympic Games.

John Hess(6'6", 280)
    USA/S.A.F.T.A.

John Hess is a practitioner of his own created martial art, S.A.F.T.A, which stands for Scientific Aggressive Fighting Techniques Of America. Hess is hoping to prove his martial art's legitimacy in the ultimate proving ground tomorrow night.

Joe Charles(6' 2", 235)
    USA/Freestyle

Joe Charles refers to himself as "The Ghetto Man" because he fights in a Ghetto way.

Asbel Cancio(5'10", 225)
    USA/Wing Chun Kung Fu

Cancio is a Wing Chun Kung Fu practitioner making his UFC debut.

These are your 8 martial artists for the 5th UFC tournament. The winner of this tournament will receive a purse of $50,000 and a guaranteed shot at the Undisputed World Championship at UFC VI!

There can be only one CHAMPION!

Plus... The Tournament!

Ken Shamrock vs Rickson Gracie III

Tournament Opening Round
    Dan Severn vs Joe Charles
    Oleg Taktarov vs Steve Jennum
    Kieth Hackney vs John Hess
    Dave Beneteau vs Asbel Cancio

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looks like Severn, the title match, and a bunch of assholes for Severn to suplex. Sounds like fun!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! I dug Jennum and Hackney, so I'm glad to see them back. Don't know what I want to see more... A "push" for Hackney with his Giant Killer gimmick taking him to the finals via Hess and Big Dave... Or Severn maul the fuck out of/suplex the shit out of a 6'6"/280 lbs. tard in the finals. Definitely looking forward to the hilarity of Severn mopping the mat with Ghetto Man. I shouldn't take the dice so lightly, but I'm taking it for granted as a forgone conclusion that Severn is winning the next title sit. Meanwhile, I'm praying Shamrock snaps some Gracie Achilles tendon right off the bone!

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC V: Return of the Beast
    April 7th, 1995
    Independence Arena
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Who is the Ultimate Fighting Champion?

Is it Ken Shamrock, a Shooter with 2 UFC Tournament Championship titles and a record of 8-1 in the Octagon?

Or....

Is it Rickson Gracie, a Brazilian Ju Jitsu master who also holds 2 UFC Tournament Championship titles and an 8-1 record in the UFC?

It was Shamrock that defeated Gracie at UFC 1 in November of 1993....

Rickson would get his revenge by defeating Shamrock at UFC 3 in September 1994....

Now.... Tonight.... The final battle will be for the first ever Undisputed UFC World Championship title, the title.... of the Ultimate Fighting Champion!

The time has finally come.....

Two men enter....

Only one man walks away as the Undisputed UFC World Champion....

Shamrock vs Gracie III....

And... The Beast returns in the toughest tournament in sports today....

The time has finally come.... to open up the gates... of the Octagon!

The Independence Arena is sold out tonight for our huge, historic, blockbuster event! Bruce Beck, Jeff Blatnick, and Don "The Dragon" Wilson open up the show on commentary going over the rules for tonight's show. There are no rules! The main draw tonight will be the third confrontation between Ken Shamrock and Rickson Gracie for our first ever Superfight with the Undisputed Title on the line. Also tonight we have the tournament to crown a new Ultimate Fighting Champion. In this tournament there are no weight classes, no gloves, and no rules! Also for tonight we have a huge blockbuster announcement that will shock the sports world down to it's very CORE! Let's take it down to the Octagon to our veteran referee, former Los Angeles police officer, "Big" John Mccarthy!

Are you ready!? --->

Are you ready!? <---

+++ LET'S GET IT ON! +++

Quarterfinal Round

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Joe Charles(Street Fighting)

NWA pro wrestling champion Dan Severn made short work of "The Ghetto Man" Joe Charles in his opening match of the tournament. Severn was cheered like a babyface from the audience and the intensity carried over into Severn's performance. The action started off fast and violent. Severn took Charles' back and peeled him off the fence with a Dan Gable style grip choke. Dramatic stuff. Charles tapped to the choke after 1:38.

Severn somehow found a way to come in even bigger, badder, meaner, and more focused than he was in his performance at the last event and he had the fans eating out of the palm of his hand:

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Oleg Taktarov(Sambo) vs Steve Jennum(Ninjitsu)

This was a pretty even matchup that turned into a barnburner quick. Jennum rushed Taktarov and tied up with him in a frantic clinch. Taktarov pulled off a beautiful rolling kneebar, but Jennum escaped. The fans applauded the grappling and showed to be a much more educated audience, which is a good sign for the young sport. Jennum landed with a few punches before Taktarov went low on him and attempted another leglock. Jennum escaped the hold and scrambled into Taktarov's guard in the center of the Octagon. Jennum then advanced his position to half-guard and unloaded with some furious headbutts that put Taktarov in a daze and opened up a cut on his forehead that covered his face in blood. The referee stepped in to stop it after 2:47. Taktarov was definitely knocked dizzy but he was still conscious and he was very unhappy with the stoppage. Jennum wins via TKO(headbutts) in what many consider a pretty big upset.

vs

Quarterfinal Match: John Hess(S.A.F.T.A.) vs Keith Hackney(White Tiger Kenpo Karate)

The Giant Killer Keith Hackney made a name for himself in the Octagon at UFC 3 when he dropped the 600 pound Sumo wrestler. John Hess blitzed Hackney at the bell like a maniac, wailing blindly, gauging Hackney's eyes and ripping his shirt off withing the first few seconds in one of the most violent encounters to ever take place in the Octagon. The much bigger Hess managed to fall on top of Hackney on the ground, but Hackney managed to reverse him to his back somehow. After a brief pause in the action Keith Hackney did the unthinkable and unloaded with about 5 solid punches to Hess' unprotected groin. Hess tapped out after a wild and unbelievable 38 seconds.

The fans cheered Hackney as his arm was raised. John Hess was carried out of the Octagon on a stretcher.

vs

Quarterfinal Match: Dave Beneteau(Wrestling) vs Asbel Cancio(Wing Chun Kung Fu)

Canadian Olympic team alternate Dave Beneteau completely exposed Asbel Cancio and his martial art by taking him down within a matter of seconds, mounting him, and pounding him relentlessly in what will go down as the most brutal, disturbing knockouts in UFC history. Due to John Mccarthy taking a break, they brought in an alternate referee for the fight and he proved to be out of his league. The referee was on the wrong side of the action when Cancio tapped out. Beneteau just kept jackhammering away with unanswered, unprotected bombs, bouncing his head off of the canvas until the alternate referee finally caught what was going on and stopped it.

Beneteau advances in brutal fashion after just 21 seconds.

Semi-Final Round

vs

Semi-Final Match: Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Steve Jennum(Ninjitsu)

Severn came out with this fight and the first round fight wearing the NWA World Championship belt. He also has independent pro wrestler Al Snow in his corner and he's got a fire in his eyes like nothing else, perhaps due to his loss to Ken Shamrock in the finals of the last tournament. Severn's showed marked improvement when he quickly came out and took Steve Jennum right to the canvas with ease, pinning him up against the fence and mauling him like a Grizzly, dropping huge 260 pound knees to the face that open up some pretty nasty cuts. Jennum tapped out to strikes after 3:19. Severn was PUMPED when his hand was raised and he was announced to have made it to the finals for a second consecutive tournament.

vs

Semi-Final Match: Dave Beneteau(Wrestling) vs Keith Hackney(White Tiger Kenpo Karate)

Hackney got the fans riled up when he landed a huge overhand strike while Beneteau rushed in on him. Beneteau's knees buckled, but he managed to tie up with Hackney and force him up against the fence. Beneteau scored an inside leg trip takedown and proceeded to advance to the full mount position, where he rained down brutal punches just as he did against Cancio in the first round of the tourny. Hackey did a good job of covering up at first until he managed to roll over and expose his back. Beneteau landed some scary shots that forced Big John to step in and call it off at 1:29, saving Hackney from any further damage. Hackney seemed ok with the stoppage and got cheered by the fans when he raised Beneteau's arm after the fight.

+++ Intermission +++

Prior to the final two title matches we get a ringside interview with a very important celebrity special guest.... former Heavyweight Boxing Champ, THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET!....

"IRON" MIKE TYSON!!!

Tyson looks to be pumped and excited about what he's seen of the UFC so far tonight. Bruce Beck interviews him and asks him if he has considered fighting in the UFC. Tyson gets fired up and issues a challenge for UFC 6!!! Tyson wants whoever wins the Undisputed Title, saying he feels like he can beat either Shamrock or Gracie! Bring it on!!!

Bruce Beck leaves it open as he shoots it back to the booth.... Tyson in the UFC!?!.... Could it happen!?....

Superfight

vs

UFC Undisputed World Championship: Rickson Gracie(Brazilian Ju Jitsu) vs Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) III

In what was the biggest and most important fights in the young history of the sport, Ken Shamrock and Rickson Gracie hooked it up for a third time and took each other into a 86 minute human chess match. The two circled each other for several minutes early on, with Rickson throwing jab kicks to Shamrock's legs. Shamrock took swings with punches, but Gracie never let him get close enough to land. The two finally hooked up in a clinch after about 9 minutes of passive stand up fighting. The fans got restless as the fight stalled out on the fence. Shamrock threw peppering strikes to Gracie's body, but nothing of significance. Gracie would land the occasional knee to the body. The two held each other up on the fence for several minutes until Shamrock managed to get Gracie to the canvas. Gracie pushed himself away from the fence and locked Shamrock in his guard, where the fight remained for over 20 minutes. Shamrock threw conservative punches and headbutts as well as knees to the tailbone. Gracie stayed patient on his back and repeatedly hit Shamrock with the heels of his feet to the kidneys.

After nearly 30 minutes Big John stood the fighters up due to a very restless crowd. Both men were completely exhausted and both men's corners were dramatically showering them with water and advice. After the restart Shamrock managed to land a devastating punch as Gracie shot in for a clinch. The punch closed Rickson's right eye and opened up a cut above his eyebrow. Shamrock fell back into Gracie's guard on the canvas and the fans showered them with boo's as the two master grapplers engaged in a patient battle of wits with their bodies and reputations on the line. The fight picked up in intensity as it progressed past the hour mark and Shamrock's strikes began taking their toll on Gracie. Gracie attempted an Arm Triangle Choke from his back, the same that he got Shamrock with at UFC 3, but Shamrock managed to slip out due to sweat. After that Gracie's will was broken and Shamrock picked up the intensity, landing brutal elbows and headbutts. Gracie hung in the fight and kept Shamrock in his guard, but he was thoroughly defeated by Shamrock's strikes. After the fight hit the 80 minute mark fatigue zapped both fighters and resulted in a total stalemate, with Shamrock laying on Rickson and both men gasping for air. Big John stepped in for another restart at the 85:51 mark, but as the fighters were stood up Gracie was covered by his family in his corner and his father Relio threw in the towel. Shamrock had defeated Rickson after his corner threw in the towel at 85:51. Shamrock collapsed and was unable to celebrate as both men were tended to by doctors with oxygen masks. Ken Shamrock is the new Undisputed UFC World Champion.

Tournament Finals

vs

Tournament Finals: Dave Beneteau(Wrestling) vs Dan Severn(Wrestling)

The two master grapplers tied up right off the bat in a classic Greco-Roman struggle. Severn managed to get Beneteau down to his back, but Beneteau was able to defend the Beast surprisingly well, tying him up and keeping him from being able to rain down strikes. Severn improvised and tangled up Beneteau's arm with a Keylock submission, forcing the tapout after nearly 3:00. Dan Severn wins the UFC V Tournament Championship!

Dan Severn celebrates with his cornermen, holding up both the UFC V Tournament Championship belt alongside the NWA World Heavyweight Championship belt as his cornermen holding up his massive cardboard check for $50,000.

THE BEAST IS BACK!!!

Bookerman's notes:

Spoiler

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit, Shamrock vs. Tyson. That's bananas. That'll be amazing.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is still SO awesome. SO happy to see it back in action. Really love the storylines of Severn's tear through this tournament. Dude's going to be a motherfucking force. Love how Gracie/Shamrock III went down, actually, especially the finish... which, at least in pro wrestling, would give Rickson ALL the incentive in the world to either a) claim he never lost/demand a rematch and/or b) turn on his famous family/turn "heel".

Shamrock vs. Tyson is bananas indeed, and I fucking love bananas (seriously... probably gonna bake some banana bread today). I'm intrigued by what the fallout is regardless of who wins. I'd actually be kinda OK with Shamrock faltering here. Tyson cuts some dick heel promo about how he knew the UFC was a bush league joke... then Severn steps up and challenges Tyson. Tyson can be like, "Nah." And then Severn and Shamrock can put on an epic for the title... Severn wins, giving him even more momentum, he calls out Tyson again... eventually Tyson relents, and the next card features Tyson's return to the Octagon... only to get his ass handed to him by Severn, and thus have the Beast become the most over thing in pro wrestling/MMA.

God, I love this. Some of it actually makes me miss wrestling despite all the ring worm, and definitely wish I'd explored MMA some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN Sportscenter
    May 2nd, 1995

News broke today that Mike Tyson has officially signed to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship on the July 14th in Wyoming. The announcement comes in the wake of Tyson's ongoing legal battles with his boxing promoter Don King as well as his struggle to regain a license to box again from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, who has delayed his hearings multiple times ever since Tyson was released from prison earlier this year. The UFC launched in 1993 and is a no rules, bare knuckle fight league that exists solely on PPV. Tyson is expected to be given a shot at the UFC Undisputed World Champion Ken Shamrock, who is 9-1 in the promotion. Tyson was in attendance as a special guest at the UFC V pay per view this past April where he issued the challenge for whoever the champion was(the first ever title match took place later that night, with Shamrock defeating Rickson Gracie). Rumors are swirling that Tyson will begin training for his fight with the Shamrock's arch rival, Rickson Gracie, who has agreed to take Tyson in and train him in grappling to help prepare him for his July showdown. Professional boxers have not fared well in the UFC thus far in the promotion's history. Shannon Briggs was defeated by Rickson Gracie at the first UFC pay per view in 1993 and Shamrock himself defeated Melton Bowen at UFC IV in December of last year.

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booooo Gracie. Well, I guess Tyson has to have SOME sort of chance in hell.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC VI: Clash of the Titans

July 13th, 1995
    YMCA
    Casper, Wyoming

The Ultimate Fighting Championship presents the biggest fight of the Summer. Tomorrow night Mike Tyson will make his long awaited return to combat sports when he takes on the Undisputed UFC World Champion, Ken Shamrock. Shamrock moved his record to 9-1 at UFC 5 when he defeated Rickson Gracie in their third fight, winning the first ever Undisputed World Championship. Tyson made an appearance at the show and made the challenge for the Undisputed Title. Mike Tyson is a former lineal World Heavyweight Champion in boxing, with a record of 41-1. Tyson's career was sidetracked with a controversial criminal charge that put him away in prison for years. Tyson was released earlier this year and signed a $2 million dollar contract to fight at UFC VI. The signing brought the UFC unbelievable media coverage, including coverage from both ESPN and the USA Today newspaper, who have both covered the events leading up to UFC VI extensively. Shamrock vows to take care of Tyson similarly to how he did another professional boxer, Melton Bowen, back in the UFC IV tournament in December of 1994. Tyson surprised a lot of people when he accepted an invitation from the Gracie family to train grappling at their academy. Tyson reportedly trained Ju Jitsu with Rickson Gracie twice a day, 4 days a week for the past 10 weeks.

Ken Shamrock(c) vs Mike Tyson

vs

Ken Shamrock Tale of the Tape Mike Tyson
    Nationality
    Hybrid Wrestling Martial Arts
    Background
    Boxing
    5' 11" Height 5' 10"
    220 lbs Weight 220 lbs
    31 Age 29
    9-1 UFC record 0-0

Also besides out blockbuster main event, we will have the 6th UFC Tournament will take place, with the defending champion Dan "The Beast" Severn returning to defend his crown against 3 veterans and 4 newcomers. The UFC has announced that whoever wins the UFC 6 tournament will get a shot at the Undisputed Championship at UFC 7!

The Tournament:

Dan Severn(6'2", 260)
    UFC Record: 5-1
    USA/Wrestling

Severn makes his third UFC appearance at UFC 6. The Beast made his debut at UFC 4 when he won the fans over in his run to the finals, where he was choked out by Ken Shamrock. The Beast returned at UFC 5 and ran the table to win the tournament championship. Dan Severn is the heavy favorite to win the tournament according to the USA Today.

Pat Smith(6'2", 225)
    UFC Record: 1-2
    Kickboxing

Pat Smith lost to the legendary Ken Shamrock in the first round of UFC 1 in 1993. He returned at UFC 2 where he made it to the second round, only to be defeated by Hidehiko Yoshida.

Oleg Taktarov(6', 218)
    UFC Record: 0-1
    Russia/Sambo

Oleg Taktarov was expected to do well at UFC 5, but he lost in the first round in a shocking upset to Steve Jennum. Taktarov returns for UFC 6 in hopes to erase his failure and earn a shot at the title.

Dave Beneteau(6'4", 255)
    UFC Record: 2-1
    Canada/Wrestling

Dave Beneteau made his debut at UFC 5 and absolutely destroyed his first round opponent in one of the most violent thrashings in the young history of the sport so far. The 1988 Olympic alternate on the Canadian wrestling team defeated the Giant Killer Kieth Hackney in the second round to move on to the finals, where he was beaten by submission by Dan Severn.

Paul Varelans(6'8", 300)
    USA/Freestyle

Paul "The Polar Bear" Varelans is a 6'8", 300 pound monster from Fairbanks Alaska making his UFC debut.

Cal Worsham(5' 10", 220)
    USA/Tae Kwon Do

Cal is a Tae Kwon Do instructor making his UFC debut.

David "Tank" Abbott(6', 255)
    USA/Pit Fighting

Tank is a Pit Fighter from Huntington Beach, California making his UFC debut.

John Matua(6' 2", 400)
    USA/Kapu Kuialua

John Matua is the largest man in the competition and is making his UFC debut.

These are your 8 martial artists for the 6th UFC tournament. The winner of this tournament will receive a purse of $50,000 and a guaranteed shot at the Undisputed World Championship at UFC VII!

Who is the most dangerous man on the planet?

Plus... The Tournament!

Ken Shamrock vs Mike Tyson

Tournament Opening Round
    Dan Severn vs Pat Smith
    Oleg Taktarov vs Dave Beneteau
    Paul Varelans vs Cal Worsham
    Tank Abbott vs John Matua

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I hope the final is Abbot and Severn just beating the shit out of each other.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC VI: Clash of the Titans
    July 14th, 1995
    Casper Events Center
    Casper, Wyoming

Over the last two years the Ultimate Fighting Championship has been on a quest to find the most dangerous man on the planet...

The quest to find the ultimate warrior has been a long hard road of violence...

Over the past two years many bones have been broken, blood has been spilled, reputations built and destroyed...

Through it all, only 1 man stood tall as the King of the Octagon, Undisputed Champion Ken Shamrock....

Now, Shamrock steps up to put his title and his legacy on the line against The Baddest Man on the Planet... "Iron" Mike Tyson...

Now.... Tonight.... Worlds collide!

Two years of blood, sweat, and evolution has led to this, the biggest fight in the modern history of combat sports...

The time has finally come.....

Two men enter....

Only one man walks away as the Undisputed UFC World Champion....

Shamrock vs Tyson.... THE CLASH OF THE TITANS!....

And... The Beast IS BACK!

The time has finally come.... to open up the gates of the ultimate proving ground in combat sports... THE OCTAGON!

The Casper Events Center is sold out and packed to the rafters with fans! Bruce Beck, Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler Jeff Blatnick, and NFL Hall of Famer Jim Brown open up the show on commentary setting the stage for tonight's huge main event as well as the Tournament. The commentators cut away to Don "The Dragon" Wilson shown inside the Octagon showing the television audience a tour of the ominous structure. Wilson says that the Octagon is 32 ft in diameter with a chain link fence that is 5 ft 6 inches in height. The Octagon is an unforgiving structure and once the deadbolt locks, reality sets in. Wilson briefly goes over the rules with the television audience as the graphic comes up on screen. There are no rounds, no weight classes, and other than biting and eye gouging, everything goes, THERE ARE NO RULES. Fighters are free to choose whether or not to wear gloves at their own discretion, there is no mandate on gloves, though we will see fighters occasionally wearing 4 oz. fingerless gloves. Rumor has it that Mike Tyson has opted to wear the 4 oz. fingerless glove in tonight's main event in order to protect his hands.

The main draw tonight will be Shamrock vs Tyson. Tyson is making his return to combat sports for the first time tonight since his controversial arrest 4 years ago that derailed his Boxing career. Tyson accepted an offer from Shamrock's arch rival Rickson Gracie to come to his dojo in California and train grappling for the 3 weeks leading up to the fight. Rickson is here tonight and will be cornering Tyson. One new change to the format starting tonight will be a time limit enforced for all fights. The fight between Ken Shamrock and Rickson Gracie at UFC 5 earlier this year went on for over an hour. For the sake of entertainment and for the safety of the fighters there will be a strict 20 minute time limit on all tournament matches except for the finals. The finals and the Superfight between Tyson and Shamrock will be 25 minutes with a 5 minute overtime period. If there is no winner after the overtime the fight will be declared a draw.

We will also have the 6th UFC Championship Tournament tonight featuring the returning UFC 5 tournament champion Dan "The Beast" Severn as he takes on the toughest, biggest, most dangerous field of competitors yet. Let's take it down to the Octagon where we are ready to get started with the first tournament match, let's go down to our special guest ring announcer for tonight, Michael Buffer!

Ladies and Gentleman.... Are you ready?

Fight fans around the world.... ARE YOU READY!?

Then.... for the thousands in attendance.... and the millions watching around the world......

LETS GET READY.... FOR THE ULTIMATE... FIGHTING... CHAMPIONSHAAAAAAAAAAAP!

||||Quarterfinal Round||||

Quarterfinal Match
    Tank Abbott(Street Fighting) vs John Matua(Kapu Kuialua)

vs

This was a fight between two fighters making their UFC debut. Matua came in as the heaviest man in the tournament at 400 pounds and was announced by the ring announcer to have an undefeated record of over 200-0 in bare knuckle challenge matches. Tank is wearing the 4 oz. fingerless gloves and is billed as a "Pit Fighter", Matua is bare fisted. The action unfolds fast and furious right out of the gate as Tank unloads heavy leather while Matua reaches out and tries to clinch up. Tank swings violently with haymakers and FLATTENS MATUA STIFF! IT'S OVER!

Matua is brutally knocked out. Tank stands over him with a mock Karate Kid pose after Big John steps in and stops it. Impressive debut by Tank as he moves on to the Semi-Finals with with one of the most devastating knockouts we've seen in the Octagon yet, in just 20 seconds! Tank cuts an interview after the fight saying that he has no respect for martial arts, he's instantly won over the fans with his brash attitude.

Quarterfinal Match
    Paul Varelans(Freestyle) vs Cal Worsham(Tae Kwon Do)

vs

Cal Worsham comes in and gives up over 60 pounds of weight and almost a foot of height and reach against Varelans. The little guy comes out right at the gate and stands TOE TO TOE WITH VARELANS! Worsham fires away with a relentless flurry of punches and backs Varelans up! The crowd comes unglued! Worsham gets tired and runs out of gas and the big man puts him down with a HUGE downward elbow to the back of the head/neck. Big John stops the fight right as Worsham's corner throws in the towel. Varelans wins it after an amazing 1:02 of bare knuckle savagery...

Jim Brown says on commentary; "Fast, and furious, and quick. I did not see any discipline in that work, I just saw swingin'!" Worsham gets a massive amount of respect from the fans after the match for the fight he put up against the bigger man. The 6'8", 300 pound Polar Bear from Fairbanks Alaska moves on to the next round...

Quarterfinal Match
    Oleg Taktarov(Sambo) vs Dave Beneteau(Wrestling)

vs

Taktarov gives up 40 pounds against the Canadian wrestler that made it to the finals of the last tournament. Taktarov and Beneteau charge in on each other as soon as Big John starts the fight! Beneteau immediately gets a takedown but Oleg goes to the guard from his back. Beneteau connects with some hard bare fisted ground and pound strikes but Oleg survives and manages to escape to his feet. Beneteau corners Oleg and BATTERS him with hard punches, stunning him momentarily. Oleg drops in and goes for a Rolling Kneebar! Beneteau scrambles to escape the kneebar and gets his neck caught in a Guillotine Choke in the process! Beneteau taps out! Oleg forces the submission after only 57 seconds!

Quarterfinal Match
    Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Pat Smith(Kickboxing)

vs

Dan Severn gets a massive standing ovation from the audience during his intro. Pat Smith charges Dan Severn and drills him in the body with a running push kick right at the bell! SEVERN IS HURT! Smith ties up with Severn in a fast and violent scramble, managing to secure a headlock. Severn adjusts his position and rips Smith's feet out from under him with a DOUBLE LEG TAKEDOWN FROM HELL! Smith is violently slammed to his back and the crowd goes insane. Severn pounds away at Smith from sidemount with a flurry of wild hammer fists. Smith tries to get out from under Severn and return to his feet but Severn pulls his legs back out from under him to keep him grounded against the fence. The Beast works his body around into position and begins pulverizing Smith with brutal knees to the face, one after the other until Smith's body goes limp and Big John stops the fight! Severn rolls on with a TKO over Smith after 1:37. The crowd feeds off of Severn as he celebrates the win with intensity.

||||Semi-Final Round||||

Semi-Final Match
    Tank Abbott(Street Fighting) vs Paul Varelans(Freestyle)

vs

Varelans and Tank collide in the center of the Octagon like two bulls as soon as the fight starts. Tank lands a BIG RIGHT HAND! Varelans gets bullrushed back into the fence and the two behemoths almost crash through the cage wall! Tank takes Varelans down and keeps a solid base on top to thoroughly dominate him, busting his wounds from the previous fight open and bloodying Varelans face. Tank drives his knee into Varelan's face and uses the fence to pull for extra leverage, getting a reaction out of the audience as he smiles for the camera...

Tank continues to bully the bigger man on the ground until Big John has seen enough and calls it off as a TKO after 1:53. Tank Abbott moves on to the finals after dispatching the two biggest monsters in the tournament, over 700 combined pounds in just over 2 total minutes!

Semi-Final Match
    Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Oleg Taktarov(Sambo)

vs

Severn immediately takes Oleg down and pins him against the fence and proceeds to maul him like a Grizzly Bear. Oleg weathers HEAVY knees dropped to his forehead. Severn drops a knee down to Oleg's face with all of his weight behind it and opens up a nasty gash that immediately begins pouring blood. Oleg weathers the storm and goes for an elevator sweep but he just can't pull it off. Severn goes to town with a relentless stream of strikes. Oleg's face is covered in blood but he keeps fighting back and trying to improve his position. Severn keeps Oleg grounded and pinned up against the fence, leaving splotches of blood stains on the canvas as Oleg moves around and tries to go for one of Severn's legs for a submission. Severn defends the leglock attempt and makes Oleg pay with a sickening knee dropped to the face! Severn traps one of Oleg's arms in a way that keeps him from being able to defend himself and relentlessly drives his knee into his face. Big John steps in and stops the fight! A moment of confusion sets in as the doctor storms into the Octagon and works on Oleg's cut. The fighters corner men shout instructions to their men as if the fight is going to be restarted. Oleg pleads with the doctor and states that he is ok and can continue. The doctor calls the fight off, it's over! The doctor stops the fight after 4 minutes. Severn gets the crowd pumped up with his intensity as he celebrates the win and moves on to the finals for the third consecutive tournament!

||||Intermission||||

We are set for the finals as it will be Tank Abbott against Dan Severn, plus the fight that everyone has been waiting to see is still to come as Ken Shamrock goes head to head with Mike Tyson in a fight that has generated an amazing amount of buzz and publicity for the UFC, including coverage from USA Today and ESPN. The celebrities in attendance are highlighted, including David Hasselhoff from the hit TV show Baywatch, plus Heavyweight boxer Leon Spinx. Ringside analyst Don "The Dragon" Wilson is shown ringside with a special guest fighter from Brazil that will be making his UFC debut at the upcoming UFC VII pay per view in Buffalo New York this Fall....

Don Wilson gets a brief interview with "The King of the Streets" Marco Ruas. Ruas has a legendary reputation in Brazil as a "Vale Tudo" fighter, Vale Tudo means "Anything Goes". Ruas hopes to capture the UFC VII Tournament Championship in Buffalo and says that he wants to fight the best that the UFC has to offer.

||||Tournament Finals||||

Tournament Championship
    Dan Severn(Wrestling) vs Tank Abbott(Street Fighting)

vs

Tank come out to the center of the Octagon and unloads with a HEAVY right hand! Severn shoots in on the punch and takes Tank down with a Single Leg Takedown, immediately passing guard into side mount. Severn isolates one of Tank's arms and goes for a Hammerlock! Tank does all he can to fight the hold off and somehow manages to roll out and return to his feet! The crowd goes absolutely ballistic! Tank keeps his distance from Severn and both men already show signs of fatigue. Severn closes the distance on Tank and sets a shot with a jab, managing to get in low on Tank and drive him up against the fence. Tank manages to defend Severn's takedown and hammers him to the body with hard punches! Severn pops the crowd when he finally manages to get Tank's legs out from under him and get him down! Tank covers up on the ground on his hands and knees in the turtle position with Severn on his back peppering him with hammerfists and elbows to the back of the head. Severn absolutely ragdolls Tank when he starts unloading with knees to the body!

Tank manages to use the fence to pull himself back up to his feet but Severn stays clung to his back, constantly landing punches to the side and back of the head. Tank tries to cover up to avoid Severn's strikes and leaves himself open to get slammed back down to his back! Tank scrambles over to his side and gets back to his hands and knees to the turtle position, just trying to protect himself as Severn UNLOADS with sick knees to the body and head! Finally Severn gasses out and stalls as he keeps Tank down. Tank desperately gasps for oxygen as Severn lays smothering him on his back, throwing the occasional rabbit punch to the back of the head. The crowd finally quiets down as the two big men lay locked in a stalemate, completely exhausted as the Wyoming high altitude and thin air takes it's toll on both men's lungs. Big John finally stops the fight and stands both men up after several minutes of nothing happening. The crowd comes back to life as both Severn and Tank struggle to stand up, both men gasping for air.

Big John restarts the fight standing and both men cautiously begin circling each other. Severn shoots in with a takedown attempt but Tank manages to avoid it and connects with a HUGE UPPERCUT! SEVERN IS STUNNED! Tank swings away wildly at Severn but misses most of his punches! Severn desperately ties up with Tank and manages to clinch up with him and drive him up against the fence! Severn transitions around and takes Tank's back. Tank clings to the fence to keep from being taken down, managing to fire back and connect with elbows on occasion. Severn keeps hold of Tank's back and clings on for dear life as Tank holds the fence to stay off the ground. Both men stall in the position for several minutes due to being completely exhausted. Finally Big John steps in and stops the match to separate the two men! The crowd rallies and cheers as Severn and Tank stagger out towards each other once the match is restarted. Tank bends over and leans with his hands on his knees completely out of breath as Severn keeps his distance. Severn closes in on Tank and flicks a light jab out at him before rushing in and clinching up again.

Severn clinches up with Tank and drives him against the fence again as he fights for a takedown. Tank manages to defend Severn's takedown and breaks out of his grip firing away with HEAVY SHOTS! Severn gets caught with a glancing punch and his knees nearly give out on him! Tank fires away with wild punches as Severn desperately tries to cover up and protect himself! Severn manages to drop down and catch Tank with a Double Leg Takedown and pin him on his back! Tank scrambles and rolls over trying to get back up. Severn takes Tank's back and keeps him down. The Beast batters Tank with downward elbows to the back of the neck! Tank covers up but Severn slips through his defense and catches him in a Gable Grip Choke! Severn rolls Tank over and chokes the life out of him, forcing the tapout after 23:52!

Severn rolls off of Tank and lays side by side with him on the canvas completely exhausted. EMT's and doctors storm into the ring and begin working on both men as they remain down and out on the canvas. Both men are given oxygen masks by the EMT's. Tank finally recovers and makes his exit from the ring being swarmed by fans patting him on the back as Severn is still down being tended to in the Octagon with the Oxygen mask. The crowd applauds The Beast as he finally recovers and celebrates his second UFC Tournament Championship victory in a row! Severn is presented with a massive cardboard check during the ceremony. With the victory Severn is now 8-1 overall in the UFC and is among Rickson Gracie and Ken Shamrock as the only men to ever win 2 UFC tournaments. Severn is interviewed during the ceremony and says that he awaits whoever wins out of Shamrock and Tyson, The Beast wants a shot at the Undisputed UFC World Championship at UFC 7!

||||The Superfight||||

Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Mike Tyson(Boxing)

vs

Michael Buffer brought the crowd to a frenzy for the intros with his trademark, "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!" line. The tension and atmosphere is unbelievable as Shamrock and Tyson stand across the Octagon from each other. Tyson is indeed wearing the 4 oz. fingerless gloves and he has Rickson Gracie in his corner. Shamrock is not wearing any gloves and is virtually a mirror image of Tyson physically as far as height, weight, reach, everything is even. Big John does his classic line, "Are you ready? Are you ready? LETS GET IT ON!" and the arena goes ape shit crazy. Tyson and Shamrock both cautiously come out to the center. Shamrock squats low in a grappling stance as Tyson comes out gauging distance, circling to his right. Shamrock fakes a takedown attempt and gets Tyson to flinch before backing back out of range. Tyson begins stalking Shamrock down and shows an impatient intensity as he charges in throwing SHOTS! Shamrock immediately shoots in for a takedown but Tyson stays up on his feet! Shamrock stays clinched up with Tyson and keeps working to try to take him down. Tyson throws violent punches in the clinch, hitting Shamrock with an EXPLOSIVE body, body, head combo! Shamrock violently explodes into a burst and manages to trip Tyson to the ground! Tyson locks Shamrock up into a half guard and holds on for dear life! Rickson shouts instructions from outside the Octagon telling Tyson to breathe and relax. Shamrock tries to slip his leg through and pass Tyson's half guard and move into the full mount but Tyson keeps him at bay and keeps a tight half guard, managing to lock Shamrock's arms up to prevent any ground and pound.

Shamrock continues to try to breaks free and pass into a full mount but Tyson keeps him tied up in the half guard. Shamrock finally gets frustrated and slams Tyson with a hard HEADBUTT! Tyson scrambles and quickly tries to explode to his feet but Shamrock overpowers him and keeps him grounded during the scramble, managing to take TYSON'S BACK!

SHAMROCK LOCKS TYSON IN A REAR NAKED CHOKE!

TYSON MANAGES TO SPIN OUT OF IT!

The crowd goes NUTS! Tyson manages to overpower Shamrock in the scramble. The two men trip together down to the ground with Tyson on top of Shamrock! Shamrock locks Tyson in a full guard and holds on! Tyson gets the audience even louder as he unloads furious punches to Shamrock's ribs! Shamrock keeps Tyson's posture broken down in his guard but Tyson breaks loose and manages to lean up and lands a violent flurry of punches! Shamrock bobs and weaves from his back and manages to kick Tyson off of him to escape back to his feet! Tyson charges in after Shamrock in a mad dash throwing widowmakers! Shamrock scrambles away from Tyson but Tyson chases him down with intensity, firing with a hard uppercut that just barely misses! Shamrock shoots in takes Tyson down with a Double Leg Takedown. Mike goes to put Shamrock in the guard but Shamrock falls back and goes for a HEEL HOOK! Tyson leans up on top of Shamrock and fires away with punches but Shamrock hooks his heel and torques it. Tyson screams out in pain as he taps out! IT'S OVER! SHAMROCK WINS! MIKE TYSON HAS TAPPED OUT! KEN SHAMROCK HAS DEFEATED MIKE TYSON!!! KEN SHAMROCK HAS DEFEATED MIKE TYSON!

Ken Shamrock is hoisted into the air with his title belt as Mike Tyson pushes his entourage away from him out of anger as they try to console him. Shamrock orders his team to put him down and goes right up to Tyson to shake his hand. The two men hug each other before Shamrock raises Tyson's arm into the air out of respect. Tyson is interviewed after the match by Don Wilson. Wilson asks Tyson if he will train submissions more and try to fight in the UFC again. Tyson says he respects the UFC, he respects Shamrock but he's a boxer. Tyson challenges Shamrock to fight him standing up man to man, saying that if they did he would knock him the fuck out. The fans begin to turn on Mike Tyson a bit as he goes on about how Shamrock was scared to trade punches with him. Shamrock cuts an interview and says that this is the way it is, saying that if you don't know how to fight on the ground, you don't know fighting. Shamrock says; "Mike Tyson is one of the greatest boxers of all time, but that's just it, he's a boxer, not a fighter, you can't fight if you don't know submissions. Nobody is going to train submissions for three weeks and beat me, this is my world."

Don The Dragon Wilson asks Shamrock what's next for him and Shamrock replies saying that he's ready for the rematch with Dan Severn, saying that if they want to do it at UFC VII, then bring it on!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tremendous stuff! I didn't actually believe for a second that you would let Mike Tyson win but it was still a blast to read. Shamrock/Severn should be good but I'm glad you've got fresh faces coming in as I'm tired of some of the same guys on top. Really glad to see this back man, looking forward to more.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

PW'S 2015 WWE HOMETOWN HERO

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Brad. Time for some rambling because I really enjoyed writing that show. It was fun. Keep in mind that I don't have any control over the outcomes of the matches, it's a dice roll and anything can happen. Tyson had an even roll with Shamrock because I think with the little gloves he has a chance to knock any human out if he connects with anything. I was surprised how evenly matched Shamrock and Tyson were physically. I added the Rickson Gracie thing for added drama, and also I figured it would make it a level playing field. Tyson with three weeks of Rickson Gracie training(holy shit) would give him as much of a chance on the ground with Shamrock as Shamrock had standing up with Tyson, give or take.

So Tyson in the UFC at this time is pretty unrealistic but is it really? Tyson is a pretty big fan of the sport now and has said that he wished he could have tried it back in his prime, even though he's admitted that he wouldn't have stood much of a chance because of the grappling nature of the sport at the time. I don't know if it's really THAT far fetched other than the fact that the event was in the Casper Wyoming events center, which was basically a national guard armory.

I gave Tyson an honest chance on the dice roll and was prepared for the fallout. It was just a 1 time deal so if Tyson beat Shamrock it would have been pretty bad. I thought about pulling the injury card and doing a last minute switch, pulling Shamrock and replacing him with someone like Kimo at the day of the show, it wouldn't have been as big of a risk and it would have been a more winnable fight for Tyson. I said fuck it though, I made up my mind that if Tyson won the roll I would just use it as a reset basically and start building up the next guy. My original hopes for this fed was to build up Rickson Gracie as the man but I did not want any control over who wins or loses, Shamrock won the rolls. The fun in this project for me is not knowing what is going to happen. The only thing I have or want any control over is the stuff that happened in reality, like UFC 6 for example, I reserve the right to not change certain things that actually happened. There was a lot of stuff in UFC 6 that I did not want to change.

Shamrock vs Tyson was a throwback to Ali vs Inoki, boxers vs wrestlers, strikers vs grapplers is a natural rivalry and one of the greatest and longest running in combat sports history, something that goes back to ancient Greece and the original Olympics. God I had fun with that match/show. I truly was not planning on building this fed around Shamrock since he's such a big part of my ECW fed, it's just the way the dice have rolled. Now I am on a mission to dethrone Shamrock, I'm hoping Severn can do it but I don't know how the roll will go. I figured a rematch at UFC VII would have played out completely differently than their debacle at UFC IX did. There are no judges at UFC VII and the rules were a little different. I'm going to give the match a fresh roll and see how it goes, let the chips fall and go from there. That's the fun in this project, I feel like the system I have is a pretty good simulation.

The 1 Tyson fight serves a big purpose for this fictional universe because this was the catalyst that secured the financial future of the UFC. The UFC's in the beginning were selling in the 200,000-300,000 range in reality, that's more than what WCW or WWF was doing at the time. With Tyson coming in it would have been massive deal, ESPN coverage, mainstream media coverage on a level that the UFC never had. Tyson vs Shamrock probably would have sold over 500,000 to 1 million pay per views. In this universe this has an effect that gives the UFC the resources to become the true Super Bowl of worldwide MMA through the 90's and 2000's, there are no dark ages. Pride will not exist in this universe.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe we got Abbott/Severn and Ken winning with dice rolls. As I was reading, I was like: "Is he not doing the dice thing anymore?" That's so awesome that this is what the dice dictated.

I love your post-show notes... the booker really comes out, and gives this fed such a new and unique and sophisticated dimension. Do you pull Shamrock? How do you weigh risks of things beyond your control? I love that added element.

Fuck, I love this fed. I'll go ahead and say it... this is one of my Top 10 favorite feds of all time, if not my favorite of all time. It's just sooo unique, so well written, so well managed... it hooks you, never lets you go... just sooo good.

So glad to see it return. I kinda don't want to see Shamrock dethroned, but I also am marking for Severn. If Shamrock's reign of dominance continues unchecked, what happens when it's time for him to bail for WWF?

Please keep this up. This is the stuff of legends. Just EPIC.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC VII: Shamrock vs Severn 2

September 7th, 1995
    Manhattan Center
    New York, New York

UFC VI was a tremendous success with over 1 million pay per view buys, sparking a phenomenon of popularity for the young sport. As a result of the success of UFC VI, the UFC moved UFC VII from the smaller Buffalo Memorial Auditorium to the 16,000 seat Nassau Coliseum just 19 miles outside of New York City. The event will be headlined by Ken Shamrock, a man that has been given the nickname "The Worlds Most Dangerous Man" recently after his submission win over Mike Tyson. Shamrock has denied all rumors and speculation about a rematch against Tyson in the boxing ring. Tyson challenged Shamrock to a boxing match recently on the Howard Stern show during a publicity campaign for his upcoming match against Peter Mcneeley next month. Instead of lacing up the boxing gloves, Shamrock will return to the Octagon to defend his Undisputed UFC World Championship against The Beast.

Dan Severn is 8-1 in the UFC, a two time tournament champion. The only man to ever defeat Dan Severn is Ken Shamrock. Shamrock choked Severn out in the finals of the UFC IV tournament last December and Severn hasn't lost since, leaving a trail of decapitated bodies in his path to this rematch. Now the unstoppable force will meet the immovable object and THERE WILL BE NO RULES!

Ken Shamrock(c) vs Dan Severn II

vs

Ken Shamrock Tale of the Tape Dan Severn
    Nationality
    Hybrid Wrestling Martial Arts
    Background
    Wrestling
    5' 11" Height 6' 2"
    220 lbs Weight 250 lbs
    31 Age 37
    10-1 UFC record 8-1

Also besides our blockbuster main event, we will have the 7th UFC Tournament take place featuring 8 of the hungriest, most dangerous martial artists from around the globe, all gunning for a shot at the Undisputed Championship in Puerto Rico next February. The winner of this open weight, bare knuckle, one night tournament will go on to face the winner of the Severn vs Shamrock rematch at UFC VIII. Entering the 8 man tournament will be 5 veterans of Octagon as well as 3 newcomers, including highly touted Brazilian Marco Ruas, "The King of the Streets"!

The Tournament:

Marco Ruas(6'1", 210)
    Brazil/Luta Livre

Marco Ruas is the first Brazilian to enter the UFC since Rickson Gracie and brings with him very high expectations. Ruas is a veteran of the rough and rumble "Vale Tudo" fights in Brazil where anything goes. Ruas gained the nickname "The King of the Streets" in Brazil, his last name Ruas literally translates to the word "Streets" in Portuguese.

Paul Varelans(6'8", 300)
    USA/Freestyle

Varelans made a strong and violent impression in his debut at UFC VI when he defeated Cal Worsham in the first round in brutal fashion. Varelans lost in the second round to Tank Abbott. Varelans returns with a vengeance and experience to back up his immense size and intensity.

Kimo(6'2", 250)
    UFC Record: 0-2
    USA/Street Fighting

Kimo made his name in the world of martial arts back at UFC III two years ago when he made Rickson Gracie look human. Kimo made a splash in the martial arts community even though he lost the fight. Kimo returned at UFC IV last year and lost another thrilling contest, this time a submission loss to Russian Sambo master Volk Han. Kimo hit Volk Han with a hard right hand the swole his eye completely shut and played a crucial role in Han's loss in the second round of the tournament. Kimo will return to the Octagon in search of redemption.

Bart Vale(6'3", 251)
    USA/Hybrid Wrestling

Bart Vale is a veteran of the same Japanese Shoot Fighting circuit that produced Ken Shamrock as well as other UFC veterans such as Minoru Suzuki and Masakatsu Funaki. Vale holds a knockout win over Shamrock in Japan in a shoot wrestling match in 1992. The big American is incredibly light on his feet and is well versed in submissions and hopes to make a name for himself in The Octagon.

Minoru Suzuki(5'10", 212)
    UFC Record: 2-2
    Japan/Hybrid Wrestling

Minoru Suzuki is one of the founding fathers of Pancrase and is one of the most feared submission wrestlers in Japan. Suzuki defeated Ken Shamrock by submission in Pancrase last year in Japan. Suzuki made his name in the Octagon when he defeated legendary kickboxer Don "The Dragon" Wilson in the tournament at UFC 2. Suzuki would lose in the semi-finals of 2nd tournament to eventual champion Rickson Gracie. Suzuki returned at UFC IV and lost in the first round via TKO to Bas Rutten. Now Suzuki returns for his third outing and will make one more push for a title shot.

Remco Pardoel(6'4", 260)
    UFC Record: 0-1
    Netherlands
    Jujitsu

Pardoel is the Belgium, French, and German Jiu Jitsu tournament champion. Remco lost his first round tournament match at UFC 2 to Bas Rutten two years ago. Pardoel returns to The Octagon looking to prove himself.

Volk Han(6'3", 235)
    UFC Record: 3-2
    Russia/Sambo

Volk Han defeated acclaimed Thai-Boxer Ramon Dekkers, and Bas Rutten in the first two rounds of the UFC II tournament before losing to Hidehiko Yoshida in the semi-finals. Han's last appearance in the Octagon ended in controversy. Han defeated Kimo in the first round of the UFC IV tournament but was defeated by Ken Shamrock in the second round after suffering a badly damaged eye that caused the referee to stop the fight. Han and his cornermen protested the stoppage. Volk Han returns to the Octagon for his third tournament and hopes to finally break through to the finals and get a revenge match against Ken Shamrock.

Gerry Harris(6' 8", 313)
    USA/Karate

Gerry Harris is a journeyman veteran of the full contact Karate scene and will be making his UFC debut.

These are your 8 martial artists for the 7th UFC tournament. The winner of this tournament will receive a purse of $50,000 and a guaranteed shot at the Undisputed World Championship at UFC VIII next February in Puerto Rico!

Who is the most dangerous man on the planet?

Plus... The Tournament!

Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn II

Tournament Opening Round
    Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans
    Kimo vs Bart Vale
    Minoru Suzuki vs Remco Pardoel
    Volk Han vs Gerry Harris

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, yeah. Gerry looks like he's gonna go far.

Oh, is there any way you can make Dan defend his NWA title in this match?

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words PI, I'm pretty fired up about this project right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    Oh, yeah. Gerry looks like he's gonna go far.
    Gerry was actually one of the security guards that would work the shows, I think they brought him in because they couldn't find anyone else. I seen him lose a fight in a tournament in Russia to a guy that was like 150 pounds, just a stone cold knockout. Gerry was a black belt in Kyokushin Karate, which is awesome but the thing was that there were no strikes to the head allowed in Kyokushin Karate, so Gerry didn't have the best defense in the stand up. I still got to give mad props and respect to any of the men that entered the Octagon back then when there were no rules, I believe it was truly the Mt. Everest of martial arts at the time, you had to have balls of steel to do it because there was a good chance of actually getting killed with those rules, these guys were literally putting their lives on the line, and it's a credit to Big John McCarthy for being such a great referee that nobody ever did get seriously injured back then.

Oh, is there any way you can make Dan defend his NWA title in this match?
    Thank you for bringing this up. I don't think MMA fans truly understand the full context of the Severn vs Shamrock fights back then, especially the first one. Shamrock was King of Pancrase in Japan and Severn was NWA Champion and a UWFI veteran, there was a lot on the line in those fights, especially in Japan when all of those promotions were fighting for legitimacy, for your champion to lose a shoot fight to a champion from another promotion it would have been pretty bad.

OG Kid

I've said it before and I'll say it again. By the time he's done posting, Shinobi will be the best and most innovative poster in PW history. The fact that you became the face of UFC in PW and successfully are doing a UFC thread is amazing. A UFC thread was one of the most unrealistic things to ever pursue in PW, because who wants to read stuff with no storylines? Well, with that train of thought, you will miss out. I obviously have fallen head over heels in love with MMA and one of the big reasons is people like Shin and Brad. I'm proud of you and am grateful to be able to witness your contributions to Fan Fic and PW, in general.

Shamrock vs Tyson, by the way, is epic. Excellent work.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES! KIMO IS BACK Time for that B.A. to get some wins!

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC VII: Shamrock vs Severn 2
    September 8th, 1995
    Nassau Coliseum
    Uniondale, New York

The Ultimate Fighting Championship.... The ultimate proving ground.... The Mt. Everest of the martial arts world.

Standing at the top of the mountain is Ken Wayne Shamrock.... The Worlds Most Dangerous Man.

Tonight the man that defeated Mike Tyson returns to The Octagon again, this time to defend his title against.... THE BEAST!

Tonight... Shamrock.... Severn... THE REMATCH....

...And the Olympics of the martial arts world, the toughest, most extreme tournament in sports...

To step on to this mat, is to realize the dream of a lifetime.

But for some, it turns out to be a nightmare..

Tonight, the fastest, most powerful, most intense fighters on the planet meet in the Ultimate Fighting Championship 7...

The most talked about event in sports.

From five different continents, putting their skills to the test.

Eight fighters on a no holds barred collision course, that ends right here in the octagon.

And when it's over, only one will be named the seventh Ultimate Fighting Champion."

It's time to open up the gates of THE OCTAGON!

Bruce Beck welcomes the pay per view audience on commentary and introduces his partners for tonight's show, Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler Jeff Blatnick and Kickboxing legend Don "The Dragon" Wilson. We are live in the Nassau Coliseum in front of a the biggest crowd for a UFC event to date, a capacity crowd of over 17,600!! The commentators go over the rules as a computer graphic flashes across the screen. Bruce Beck tells the television audience that what they are about to witness is for mature audiences only, saying that this is not an exhibition, what you are about to see is live combat. This is real, this is brutal.

There is no biting or eye gouging allowed, otherwise THERE ARE NO RULES! Fighters are free to wear 4 oz. fingerless gloves at their own discretion in order to protect their hands but there is no mandate on gloves. There is a time limit of 15 minutes in the first and second round of the tournament, and 25 minute time limit in the finals and the Superfight with a 3 minute overtime in the finals and in the Superfight only. There are no judges, if a fight goes the distance it will automatically be ruled a draw. Referee Big John McCarthy is free to restart the fight standing at any time if there is a stalemate on the ground.

Let's take it down to the Octagon where we are ready to get started with the first tournament match, let's go down to our special guest ring announcer for tonight, Michael Buffer!

Ladies and Gentleman.... Are you ready?

Fight fans around the world.... ARE YOU READY!?

Then.... for the thousands in attendance.... and the millions watching around the world......

LETS GET READY.... FOR THE ULTIMATE... FIGHTING... CHAMPIONSHAAAAAAAAAAAP!

||||Quarterfinal Round||||

Quarterfinal Match
    Volk Han(Sambo) vs Gerry Harris(Kyokushin Karate)

vs

Han's opponent Gerry Harris towers over him and outweighs him by nearly 80 pounds. Harris comes out cautious and throws long range jabs as he tries to keep his distance. Harris throws an axe kick that misses and gives Han a chance to shoot in for a takedown. Han trips the bigger man right to the canvas, landing in a side mount. Harris locks Han in a half guard but Han stands up and spins around one of his legs, hooking it with a step over kneebar. Harris taps out after just 32 seconds! Harris is unable to get up after the fight and is tended to by EMT's for an injured knee. Volk Han improves his UFC record to 4-2 and moves on to the second round.

Quarterfinal Match
    Remco Pardoel(Jujitsu) vs Minoru Suzuki(Hybrid Wrestling)

vs

Pardoel and Suzuki come out and keep their distance from each other at first. Pardoel is wearing a gi and outweighs Suzuki by over 50 pounds but he seems to be the most cautious of the two, constantly backpedaling away from the smaller man until Suzuki finally shoots in and corners him against the fence. The two men clinch up and remain deadlocked in an extended stalemate. Finally Pardoel rips Suzuki into a spinning Judo type throw. Suzuki seizes up and clings to Pardoel's back in an attempt to stuff the throw but he's still flipped over with Pardoel landing on top of him. Pardoel smothers Suzuki in a full mount, using his gi to try to work for a submission. Suzuki defends an attempted armbar and manages to roll over to his all fours in the turtle position. Pardoel goes for a lapel choke but Suzuki rolls underneath him and extends his leg in a kneebar! Remco Pardoel twists out of the kneebar and again covers Suzuki with a smothering full mount. The two men lay in the same position for a long period of time as fatigue sets in. Pardoel stays conservative on top of Suzuki in the full mount, pulling the top of his gi loose from his belt and using it to cover Suzuki's face and set up another armbar attempt. The Belgian spins around and tries to lock Suzuki in another armbar but Suzuki stacks him up and defends it.

Suzuki breaks his arm out of Pardoel's grip and works his way to a side mount. Pardoel manages to sweep Suzuki over to his back but Suzuki uses Pardoel's own momentum against him and manages to flip him over the top of him. Suzuki rolls with Pardoel and catches his left arm in a bicep slicer with his leg. Pardoel screams out loud and submits verbally. Big John stops the fight at 4:21. Remco Pardoel's left arm has been broken. Doctors storm the cage and surroud Pardoel as he lays clutching his crooked arm grimacing in pain.

Quarterfinal Match
    Kimo(Street Fighting) vs Bart Vale(Hybrid Wrestling)

vs

Vale comes out throwing fancy kicks and Kimo storms him with a violent takedown attempt. Vale keeps the fight standing and throws heavy body shots as the two men scramble in a clinch. Vale throws a knee to the body and loses his balance. Kimo overpowers Vale and drives him down to the canvas against the fence. Vale works his legs around Kimo's body into the full guard position. Kimo stands up and drops a BIG RIGHT HAND! Vale begins bleeding from the nose as he violently thrashes around to try to kick Kimo away from him. Kimo keeps in close and lands another devastating punch down to Vale's face. Vale tries to go for a sloppy armbar attempt and Kimo makes him pay for it by passing his guard and raining down strikes from the turtle position. Vale transitions to go for a kneebar but Kimo slips out of it. Vale manages to lock Kimo in a half guard and hold him off as the two men lay on the ground gasping for air. Kimo grabs Vale by the hair and controls his head to land a brutal series of right hands that splatter blood into the nearby camera lens. Kimo manages to slip his leg through Vale's half guard and advance into the full mount! Vale locks Kimo's arms up and tries to survive but Kimo brutalizes him with savage headbutts, one after the other until Vale is unconscious. Big John stops the fight after 90 seconds of fierce barbaric violence. Bart Vale is helped to his feet and reveals a badly broken nose as the doctors wipe the blood off of his face. Kimo celebrates his first victory inside the Octagon with emotion as Big John raises his arm.

Quarterfinal Match
    Marco Ruas(Luta Livre) vs Paul Varelans(Freestyle)

vs

The size difference between Ruas and Varelans before the bell is ridiculous as Varelans towers over Ruas and outweighs him by almost a full 100 pounds. This is a true David vs Goliath match. Ruas comes out without any fear and lands some well executed Muay Thai strikes while keeping a safe distance from the big man. Paul Varelans finally just rushes in and takes a wild swing but Ruas uses crafty footwork and punishes the big man perfectly executed textbook Muay Thai leg kicks right on the same spot of Varelans leg, over and over again.

Varelans finally manages to cut Ruas off and pin him up against the fence. Ruas manages to break free and blast Varelans with another brutal Muay Thai leg kick to the exact same spot on the leg. Ruas circles around Varelans and continually hammers his leg with Thai kicks. Varelans gets visibly angry and ties up with Ruas in a fit of rage, hooking him in a guillotine choke and lifting his feet off of the ground!

Ruas survives and nails Varelans in the face with a punch as he breaks away from him! They scramble around again and lock up near the cage wall with Ruas taking Varelans' back. Varelans faces the fence and clings to it as Ruas stays clung to his back. The crowd comes alive with cheers as Ruas begins stomping Varelans' feet with foot stomps! Varelans is getting frustrated, throwing backwards elbows that miss. Big John separates them at the 9 minute mark after an extended stalemate. The camera zooms in on Varelans' thigh and it is badly bruised, black and blue from Ruas' leg kicks. Big John restarts the match standing and Varelans slowly plods around Ruas stalking him down. Ruas just continues to catch Varelans on the same spot with more vicious Thai kicks! Varelans lifts his leg trying to check Ruas' kicks but he's too slow. Ruas throws feint punches and sets up another devastating kick to the thigh.

Varelans gets frustrated and starts throwing his own sloppy leg kicks. Ruas keeps safe distance and destroys Varelans leg, finally bringing him down like a small axe chopping down a big tree. Ruas storms him and punches down to his head until Big John steps in to stop it.

The crowd eats it up and gives Ruas a standing ovation as Big John raises his arm. The King of the Streets has officially arrived to the Octagon with a TKO after 13:17.

||||Semi-Final Round||||

Semi-Final Match
    Minoru Suzuki(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Volk Han(Sambo)

vs

During the fighter entrances the commentators announced that Kimo has withdrawn from the tournament due to a broken bone suffered in his hand in his fight against Bart Vale in the first round. Mark Hall is the alternate that won his match earlier this evening before the PPV broadcast. Hall defeated UFC 3 veteran Harold Howard in a bloody match earlier tonight and will get his chance to enter the tournament and shock the world. Hall is an American with a black belt in Moo Yae Do, standing at 5' 9", weighing in at 185 pounds. Hall won over the live crowd with his performance earlier tonight where he destroyed the much bigger Harold Howard with a bloody TKO referee stoppage.

Volk Han and Minoru Suzuki fight a very conservative fight, circling each other in the Octagon for an extended period. Suzuki throws light punches to gauge distance but Han stays out of range. Han finally closes in and shoots in for a takedown. Suzuki drops levels and fights off Han's takedown attempt and the two men end up locked in the clinch against the fence. Both men jockey and struggle for double underhooks in the clinch, both landing the occasional body shot. Han drops levels and tries to take Suzuki down but Suzuki manages to keep the fight upright in the struggle. Han makes a daring move and rolls upside down into a kneebar attempt. Suzuki gets his leg straightened out but he manages to twist around and maneuver out of the submission, transitioning around and taking Volk Han's back in the turtle position. Suzuki stays conservative and keeps in close on Han's back in the turtle position. Han reaches under and tries to roll into another kneebar attempt but Suzuki scrambles to stay out of the hold. Suzuki slides his body around in an incredible transition, working his way into a north-south position on top of Volk Han. Suzuki locks Han in a front headlock and hammers him with knees to the head! Han keeps fighting and pushing forward trying to hook a leg for a takedown. Suzuki keeps Han locked in the front headlock and hammers him with knees until his body goes limp! Big John steps in and stops it! Han is knocked out. Suzuki wins the fight after 3:41.

Semi-Final Match
    Marco Ruas(Luta Livre) vs Mark Hall(Moo Yae Do)

vs

Mark Hall comes charging at Ruas and throws a big right hand that grazes Ruas' face. Ruas ties up with Hall and gets his neck caught in a guillotine choke. Ruas immediately rips Hall off of his feet and dumps him upside down with a BIG SLAM! Ruas breaks his neck free and moves on top of Hall in the full mount position. Hall panics and turns over to expose his back. Ruas sinks his hooks in and patiently works his arms around Hall's neck for the choke. Hall taps out after only 22 seconds!

||||Intermission||||

The celebrities in attendance are showcased during the intermission, including hip hop star Montel Jordan, singer of the hit #1 song "This is How We Do It". A special guest joins the commentary booth during the break. Tank Abbott made his UFC debut at UFC VI and made an instant splash with his violent fighting style and his brash attitude. Tank joins the commentary booth for an interview to promote the upcoming "Ultimate Ultimate '95" tournament coming up in December...

Tank holds nothing back on commentary as he's asked about his recent loss to Dan Severn in the finals back at UFC VI. Severn says he still has nightmares about the fight, saying that he felt like he was being raped by Freddie Mercury in the fight. Tank reiterates that he is going to say and do whatever he wants and that he is not a martial artist, he's not from Brazil, he's not going to wear a gi, he is the type of fighter for the guys in the bar drinking beer. Tank plugs his upcoming return in the Ultimate Ultimate 95 Super-Tournament set for next month. Tank says he's coming back bigger, better, and badder at the Ultimate Ultimate, it's going to be like a lion eating a gazelle. Also already booked for the Ultimate Ultimate tournament will be Masakatsu Funaki and Dave Beneteau, this tournament will be for the biggest purse in martial arts history and will feature the best of the best that we have seen in the UFC so far. Don't miss Ultimate Ultimate 95 this December!

||||The Superfight||||

Ken Shamrock(Hybrid Wrestling) vs Dan Severn(Wrestling)

vs

Michael Buffer gets the ceremonies underway for the Championship fight with his trademark tagline, "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!". Severn and Shamrock were brought to the center for a staredown as Big John went over his final instructions. Dan Severn is wearing the 4 oz. fingerless gloves for this fight. Shamrock's hands are bare. Both men are wearing wrestling boots. Big John gets the fight started with his "LETS GET IT ON!" and both men come out circling each other. Severn stays light on his feet and uses boxing style footwork as Shamrock stays in a low to the ground grappling stance. Both men fire away with a wild and sloppy striking exchange before backing away from each other.

Both men cautiously circle each other standing for a while with Severn being extremely cautious. Shamrock tries to close the distance and unload with a punch but Severn uses quick footwork to stay out of range. Shamrock closes the distance on Severn and unloads with another punch. Severn bobs and weaves with Shamrock and clips him in the face with a jab! Shamrock backs out of range and shows a bit of blood trickling from under his eye. Shamrock shows more intensity and urgency as he circles Severn again, finally managing to shoot in and close the distance. Shamrock and Severn grapple violently for control in the clinch, explosively spinning each other around as the try to take each other down. Shamrock unloads with a hard knee to Severn's body in the clinch! Severn responds by exploding into Shamrock and forcing him down to his back against the fence! The crowd comes unglued as Shamrock wraps Severn up in his guard. Severn postures up and flails away with wild punches! Shamrock is battered by Severn! Severn punches himself out and gets tired. Shamrock breaks Severn's posture down and controls his arms with his guard to keep him locked up. The action stalls out as Severn lays tangled up in Shamrock's guard. Shamrock works his way off of the cage and pushes himself off. Severn stays on top of Shamrock and picks his shots, getting the crowd fired up as he occasionally explodes with a flurry of punches out of nowhere to the body and head.

Shamrock overhooks Severn and completely ties him up in the guard for several minutes. Severn struggles to break free but Shamrock keeps him tied up. Finally Big John steps in and stands the two men up and the crowd goes CRAZY! Both men adjust their tights and knee pads before circling each other again. Shamrock trickles blood down his cheek from a small cut under his eye. Shamrock throws a punch to keep Severn away but The Beast powers through and shoots in for a takedown. Shamrock sprawls out on Severn and manages to power him over and PIN HIS BACK TO THE CANVAS! Shamrock explosively slips through Severn's guard and MOUNTS HIM! The crowd goes crazy as Shamrock begins pounding away on Severn from the full mount, brutalizing him with body-body-head combos and sick headbutts! Severn tries to buck Shamrock off of him but Shamrock stays on him in the full mount and destroys him with strikes. Shamrock wears himself out and gets tired. Severn explodes out of nowhere and pushes Shamrock over, pinning his back to the canvas! Shamrock locks Severn in a closed guard but The Beast unloads with a violent flurry of punches!

Shamrock is bullied by Severn on the ground. Ken manages to push Severn off of him and scramble away to his feet! The crowd cheers both men on as they circle each other completely exhausted. Severn chases Shamrock down trying to close the distance but Shamrock keeps his distance and rides out the final minutes of the clock. The 25 minute clock expires and Big John stops the fight. Shamrock and Severn get a 1 minute break and are frantically tended to by their cornermen. Both men are turned around and set for the restart for the 3 minute overtime and both of them show signs of extreme fatigue.

Both men circle around each other throwing long range jabs for the first minute of overtime. Severn closes the distance and tries to shoot for a takedown but Shamrock escapes him and keeps his distance. The crowd gets restless as the overtime period winds down with both men circling each other in a cautious conservative stand off. Severn closes in on Shamrock in the final seconds and connects with a sloppy punching combo just as the final bell goes off! It's over! The fight ends in a draw! The crowd reacts with a mix of boo's and cheers as Big John raises both men's arms together signifying a time limit draw. The commentators speculate among each other saying that if there would have been judges here tonight we very well could have a new champion. Jeff Blatnick states on commentary that it's time for a comprehensive judging system to be set up in the UFC as the skills of the fighters gets better and better.

||||Tournament Finals||||

Tournament Championship
    Marco Ruas(Luta Livre) vs Minoru Suzuki(Hybrid Wrestling)

vs

Ruas and Suzuki come out circling each other at the start of the match. Suzuki throws a high kick that just barely misses and causes Suzuki to spin all the way around due to the momentum. The two men cautiously engage in a cat and mouse game of back and forth striking. Suzuki lunges in and eats a hard leg kick as he tries for a takedown. Ruas rips his leg away from Suzuki's grip and escapes away from him. Ruas comes out and keeps his distance from Suzuki and picks him apart with strikes. Suzuki shoots in on one of Ruas' kicks but Ruas manages to avoid his takedown attempt and punish him with punches. Suzuki shows signs of fatigue as Ruas closes in on him and nails him in the thigh with a leg kick, followed by a hard right hand that drops him. Suzuki covers up and blocks a flurry of punches but Ruas moves on top of him and takes his back in the mount. Ruas rains down elbows to the back of Suzuki's head and neck until Big John frantically tackles him off and stops the fight! It's over! Marco Ruas wins the tournament!

The King of the Streets has run the table in his UFC debut and defeated three men in one night to become the Ultimate Fighting Champion. Ruas celebrates the victory with emotion and passion before he's presented with his tournament championship belt and his massive 2' x 6' cardboard check for $50,000 US dollars! Jeff Blatnick interviews Ruas about the tournament and the translator says that Ruas is very happy, saying that this is the biggest victory of his life. Ruas says that he wants the shot at Ken Shamrock for the Undisputed World Championship!

The broadcast comes to a close with Bruce Beck, Jeff Blatnick, and Don Wilson at the booth giving their final thoughts on the show. The commentators debate the controversial title match between Severn and Shamrock and question what the outcome could have been if there were judges here tonight. All three commentators agree that the time has come for judging in the UFC, and the question is up in the air now; Who the rightful #1 contender to Ken Shamrock's title now?

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

October 2nd, 1995

The New York Daily News on 9/16 ran an article saying that New York Gov. Pataki is hoping to stop any future UFC events from taking place in the state. According to the article, fellow republicans have attacked the governor for failing to stop the UFC event in Uniondale New York, which drew an estimated $780,000 live gate which would be roughly double the all-time UFC record. Senator John McCain of Arizona, who had actually given UFC a lot of media publicity before previous events with his attempts to publicly shut them down, waited until after the event this time to complain in a letter to Pataki saying, "It is very disappointing that New York State officials could not prevent this appalling event from taking place." Bob Bulman, a spokesman for the Governor, said he wanted to stop the event but didn't have the authority to do so but hoped to be able to stop any future events. UFC officials said they've received no contact whatsoever by New York state officials in regard to not allowing them back.

McCain has continued to complain about the dangers of UFC when after seven PPV events, its injury rate has proven to be far lower than numerous other sports. Every contact sport has its dangers and theoretically because of the lax rules, this should have more than its fair share, but the reality has been anything goes allows grapplers to dominate on the ground, making it safer than sports where the lone allowable offensive weapon would be percussion blows. Although pro wrestler Bart Vale suffered a spectacular amount of bloodletting in his fight in Uniondale, even though he suffered a badly broken nose he was fine as soon as he was stitched up. Remco Pardoel's broken arm was the most serious injury on the show. A few others were bruised in the face from punches, but none as bad as one would expect of a typical high calibre boxing event.

October 9th, 1995

New York state Senator Roy Goodman (Republican from Lower Manhattan) is introducing legislation to ban future UFC shows in New York state. Goodman held a press conference with Floyd Patterson, the head of the New York State athletic commission and former heavyweight champion boxer. Goodman said, "These fights are of a completely different nature than professional boxing, wrestling or other contests that are carefully regulated by the State. Since they are not specifically boxing or wrestling matches, it is not now clear that the law permits the State Athletic Commission to regulate them or intervene to stop them." Goodman then went on to make the ridiculous comparisons to cock fighting. Goodman's Investigations committee at one point suspended boxing for two months in New York about a decade ago before implementing safety reforms such as improved physical exams for the fighters and longer suspensions after knockouts along with neurological training for fight doctors and referees. This comes in the wake of the UFC drawing so well in Uniondale New York for the 9/8 PPV show and the resulting publicity stemming from the show.

Breaking News...

The Ultimate Fighting Championship held a press conference today introducing their new political watchdog and head of their new legal team assembled to combat the recent rise in political backlash....

Johnny Cochran is now being held on retainer by the UFC as they brace themselves for a storm of controversy and political opposition. The UFC is set to hold their Ultimate Ultimate 95 pay per view in Colorado on December 16th as planned...

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I love this.

Thank you for not jobbing Kimo (def high in my fave five for this fed) to yet another homo Brazilian. I don't get the Brazil boners in the MMA world... but then again, I might be biased from working with Brazilians. BAH... anyway.

Love the glimpses into the universe beyond the Octagon in your fed. Makes this feel so rich and complex and all the more real in some ways.

I also love the simple-yet-so-compelling pro wrestling storylines building here... Irresistible Force meets the Immovable Object, has the Immovable Object's number, but can't get it done in the time provided. Now Severn has a claim to a third match... which, even if he wins, Shamrock can claim that their series is 1-1-1- and that they need a fourth match to settle who the better man is. I'd kinda like to see Shamrock turn heel in how he tries to hang onto his title by showing some fear about facing Severn again... or at least anytime soon. Maybe have him politick to sit out the next PPV... and instead go Marco "Homo Brazilian #2" Ruas vs. Dan "Straight as a Grizzly Bear" Severn to determine the next title shot. Then, you gotta throw "Loose Cannon/Stone Cold" Tank Abbott into the mix. I'm already picturing a dream brawl-to-draw between him and Kimo.

Man, this fed... fucking LOVE it.

Thread Information