Thread: Impact going back on the Road?

Default Impact going back on the Road?

Quote Originally Posted by PWInsider
    TNA will not be taping Impact Wrestling at Universal Studios Orlando anytime soon, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

According to multiple sources, TNA will not be returning to any of Universal's sound-stages as they were unable to secure any dates for 2014 due to the sound-stages being booked out for other productions already.

TNA returned to Universal to tape a number of Impact Wrestling episodes at the end of last year. At the time, TNA's press releases presented Universal as being the "hub" of their Impact 365 social media campaign and noted that the company would have a training center in that market as well.

The Impact episodes taped at Universal Studios will conclude with this Thursday's edition of Impact. TNA will tape several episodes later this month in Huntsville, Alabama, including a live "Genesis" themed episode before heading to Europe at the end of the month for their annual tour, where they will tape a number of episodes as well.

From there, it appears Impact will be back on the road, unless the company is able to find a new regular home for the tapings, because as of now, Universal Studios won't be home base.
    This seems strange and is potentially worrying considering I thought the reason they went back to Universal Studios to save money.

I would suggest that rather than going on the road again, they need to find another location like Universal that they an use as their permanent home. Somewhere like the Hammerstein but I guess it would have to be in Florida as a lot of their talent are located there.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Default Re: Impact going back on the Road?

Maybe they are saving a ton of cash with Hogan, Styles, and Jarrett being out and decided to give it another go.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Coo Like Dat View Post
    Maybe they are saving a ton of cash with Hogan, Styles, and Jarrett being out and decided to give it another go.
    Sure. I mean, how long have Styles and Jarrett been gone? A week? Plenty of time to save up enough money to go back on the road... and I'm sure the UK tour won't cost them much either...

Although, I may just be being a sarcastic jerk here... Hard to tell.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Geez....well it looks like the final nail is going to hit the coffin
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

Final nail? Hardly.

They just need to find a new location to tape their shows. Or if they do take the show back on the road, then work the small arenas, and high-schools etc. Don't rent out a big arena and only fill a quarter of it which is one of the things they did wrong last time around imo.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Only reason I say final nail is because of all the releases of talent, free ppv's, lack of making new fans, and the fact that rumors are running wild about Dixie selling the company or struggling with budget. Unless this is all just none sense false sources....I don't know ?
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

Back to the Asylum?

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Back to the Asylum?
    I think that's the best option.

TNA needs to go back to the basics. Start of small and work themselves back up again. I guess they could go back to Nashville until they get things straightened out.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Jesus Christ, these damning TNA reports seem to come out at least once every other week.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

This might not be all bad... I didn't really like the crowds at the Impact zone anyway

So within a year, they've gone from doing Impact on the, to back to the Impact Zone, to now considering taking on the road again.

Sounds like management has nothing set and no idea what they're doing.

Kinda of like WCW was at the end.

How do folks

And happy new year to you all, i am kind of not shocked about this as i am sure the top brass within the walls of tna knew that they would not be able to tape there before this news broke, but as some of you said maybe they need to head back to the Asylum or head to a small places that are like hammerstein or even dare i say the old bingo hall in philly,something that associates with wrestling if that makes sense?

I remember seeing a few years ago at flyer advertising tna wrestling inside the universal studios with simply wrestling this way with an arrow on it, not a real good advert for the holidaymakers to be persuaded to go and see tna! So TNA need to 1)find a place they can call home for a little bit (as going on the road seems not to be that lucrative afterall) 2)Advertise the shit out of being there and make it appealing to the fans close by and 3) And match the product with a decent venue!
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by GazzzUk View Post
    How do folks

And happy new year to you all, i am kind of not shocked about this as i am sure the top brass within the walls of tna knew that they would not be able to tape there before this news broke, but as some of you said maybe they need to head back to the Asylum or head to a small places that are like hammerstein or even dare i say the old bingo hall in philly,something that associates with wrestling if that makes sense?
    Does Viking Hall/New Alhambra/whatever it's called now even how wrestling events anymore? I thought the New people that bought it stopped wrestling shows there.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGOFKINGS_PT2 View Post
    This might not be all bad... I didn't really like the crowds at the Impact zone anyway
    Exactly. Seems when they returned it was red hot but the crowd just lost their mojo.

The Impact Zone crowd have always irritated me. One of the few positives of TNA being on the road was getting rid of them. Maybe TNA should up sticks and relocate to England, people bloody love them here... though it might be a difficult task convincing the wrestlers to move from sun-drenched Orlando to the rain-soaked, wind-battered cities of the UK...

The Impact Zone crowd have always irritated me. One of the few positives of TNA being on the road was getting rid of them. Maybe TNA should up sticks and relocate to England, people bloody love them here... though it might be a difficult task convincing the wrestlers to move from sun-drenched Orlando to the rain-soaked, wind-battered cities of the UK...
    It might not be too hard. A lot wrestlers relocate to Japan, even with the gigantic language barrier, because of wrestling's popularity over there.

That crowd is just the worst!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It might not be too hard. A lot wrestlers relocate to Japan, even with the gigantic language barrier, because of wrestling's popularity over there.
    Problem is the British fans mainly come to see the older guys who they were never able to go and see in the States. The likes of Angle, Sting, Hogan, Hardy, etc... good luck convincing any of those guys to come here and the appeal won't quite be the same with the likes of Rockstar Spud, Magnus and Ken Anderson leading the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Does Viking Hall/New Alhambra/whatever it's called now even how wrestling events anymore? I thought the New people that bought it stopped wrestling shows there.
    That i do not know, i am sure recently one of the house of hardcore shows was done there, and a picture of the changing room's toilet area was viewed looking not too pretty at all!!
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

TNA returning to the Fairgrounds in Nashville, where they started, is going to be rough as there is an Indy fed that is working out of there now (SAW....I think it stands for Showtime Allstar Wrestling....it use to be that). SAW already has some former TNA guys working for it, and they've been around....4 years approximately now.

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

It would be really sad if TNA couldn't even get back into the Asylum.

The "new Monday Night Wars" seem a long time ago now. I wonder how much money TNA have burned through trying to run before they could walk?

Update, as per wiki:

On August 4, 2012, Crossfire Wrestling announced TV production would return to the Nashville Fairgrounds Sports Arena, thanks to Paramount Pictures, as they were to be hosting HD/3D TV Tapings there. To add on to this, Crossfire was to be the first professional wrestling organization to be shot in 3D. On February 17, 2013, Crossfire Wrestling announced that they had shuttered operations, leaving the former TNA Asylum empty for the time being.
    On September 6, 2013, TCW Wrestling's "Tennessee Takeover" was held at the TNA Asylum.
    So I guess they could go back.

Magic City Mondays!!!!!!! famuman's Avatar

All this worrying..... does no one remember that Spike TV has studios that they can run their shows in? Go back to the old dys of NWA & Championship Wrestling and you'll see smaller studio sets. As many say get back to basics, go back to the beginning and start from the ground up

TNA: the company that refuses to die

it's become so entertaining, it's like you just wonder what's going to happen next to this company
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Thread Information