Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marked Out Moments

Default Marked Out Moments

So tell what was the moment in the wwe that something that you didnt see coming and you just marked out for me it was when brock lesnar returned. I was already surpruised by how the main event at wm ended I mean Im not even a Cena but when I heard he lost I was like wow really. But like I was saying so then cena calls out the rock but when lesnar music hit I was like {before it became big} YES YES OMFG YES my brother was watching with me he was like isnt that your boy i didnt know that he returned and what loved about it was the next day at school people who didnt even watch wrestling were talking about lesnar. So what is your mark out moment during lets say through2010 to 2013 it you have no mark out moments during that time then feel free to list a mark out moment during a different time Let me know your first reaction to your mark out moment HAVE FUN

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Default Re: Marked Out Moments

My last big mark out moment was Jericho's return in the Royal Rumble. I also marked out a little when Big Show came running through the stands at the end of Raw not too long ago.
    Last edited by Im Coo Like Dat; 01-20-2014 at 01:21 AM.

The biggest by a mile was this, had a smile on my face all day and screamed when his music hit.

Now if you'll excuse me i'll be busy for the next 7:05.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

I marked out big time when I thought CM Punk defeated The Rock at last years Royal Rumble to continue his longest title run in modern day history...I assume I was in the minority in this though since the decision was reversed.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

I mark out every time Bray Wyatt is on my TV screen.

Ziggler's cash-in was awesome. They just had to ruin it with everything that happened after.

Cool Re: Marked Out Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
    I marked out big time when I thought CM Punk defeated The Rock at last years Royal Rumble to continue his longest title run in modern day history...I assume I was in the minority in this though since the decision was reversed.
    same here I even start chanting best in the world but I guess the best cant beat the rock but super cena can

Mark Henry's "retirement". Best work of a crowd I've seen in ages. Everyone fell for it.
    Last edited by Damon; 01-06-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Flair winning the '92 Royal Rumble

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

The Shield debut. The Wyatt Family Debut. Dolph Ziggler's cash in. Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title. The Rhodes Brothers beating The Shield at Battleground. Punk winning the WWE title at MITB (One of the few times I've rooted for Punk). The return of Lesnar after Mania. Mark Henry's retirement promo.

Those are some of my most recent ones.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Mankind beating the Rock for the WWF Title.

I know it's the most recent that you want, and that'll be listed, but there are so many times that the WWE has gotten me to jump and shout it's insane. We all watch for the wrestling, the entertainment, to see a cool promo get cut, and to watch some great stoylines unfold. But, to me, it's these moments that define why I love wrestling. The fact that WWE can literally make me jump out of my seat for 'a moment.' They can, for just a minute, turn me into an eight year old kid again hooting and acting like a fool, not caring how ridiculous it must look. Quite frankly, those are the moments I live for in the WWE Universe.

* The return of Taker..all, what, 200 times? Doesn't matter, gee ts my ass out of my seat every time.
    * Most recently, the Bastista returns promo. Knew it was coming, didnt care. Still had me marking.
    * Henry's retirement was a promo for the ages.
    * I'm a kid at heart, so anytime a big name from when I was younger comes back makes me jump up:Flair, Slaughter, Etc. Always takes me back to when I first watched them.
    * Flair's retirement. Honestly, got me a little misty-eyed.
    * Same goes for Edge's
    * Jericho's Rumble return...hell, take that entire Top 10 list, add about 5 or 6 more, and just say all of those.
    * Eddie winning the strap. What an awesome moment.

So many others. I could sit here all day writing them out.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    The biggest by a mile was this, had a smile on my face all day and screamed when his music hit.

I cheered and clapped when I saw it despite all the butthurt online. Same when this happened last year.

I got off my chair and clapped in pride and then salivated over the butthurt on PW. I was more excited about that win then I was for when Swagger won MITB/cashed in for the WHW belt. Don't know why....I think people kinda liked Swagger more than when he did leading up to the Elimination Chamber.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

From this year alone:

-Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title (the first time only)
    -Cody Rhodes and Goldust pulling off the Cross Rhodes in each other their respective matches with Orton
    -Cody Rhodes and Goldust beating the Shield at Battleground
    -Big E. Langston winning the IC title
    -Debut of the Wyatt Family
    -Mark Henry's retirement speech swerve

Hart Foundation beating British Bulldogs for the tag titles was my first big markout moment.

Andre beating Hogan for the WWF title on SNME was my favorite match/moment for years. I ran around the house screaming "Yes! Yes! Yes!" 20+ years before Daniel Bryan made it a thing.

Slaughter upsetting Warrior for the WWF title at Royal Rumble 1991. I didn't think the Sarge had a chance.

Flair winning the 1992 Rumble.

Yokozuna squashing Hulkamania at KOTR 93.

Backlund upsetting Bret Hart for the WWF title at Survivor Series 1994.

The Canadian Stampede 10 man tag match is like a 30 minute markout moment.

Mankind winning the WWF title is my biggest markout moment ever.

Flair's return on Raw the night after Survivor Series 2001.

Angle winning a battle royal for the Smackdown title in 2006 is probably my last huge markout moment.

Banned

All-time biggest Mark Out Moments:

-Shawn Michaels' return match against Triple H at SummerSlam 2002
    -Shawn Michaels returns during Kane-Triple H casket match in 2002
    -Shawn Michaels nearly wins the title on the last Raw of 2003
    -RVD wins WWE Championship
    -John Cena returns at the 2008 Rumble
    -CM Punk wins MITB at WM24
    -CM Punk wins world title for first time
    -RVD returns at 2009 Rumble
    -Nexus debuts on Raw
    -CM Punk's pipebomb
    -Punk vs Cena at MITB/Bryan wins MITB
    -The Shield debuts at Survivor Series
    -RVD returns at MITB 2013

I Mark Out a lot. But those are the ones that really stick out in my mind. Shows pretty clearly where my loyalties lay.

Trust me, I have plenty of mark out moments. I usually let a wrestling match or moment get the best of me and forget that it's "fake". That is the fun of professional wrestling.

The one that comes to mind the most is Shawn Michaels kicking out of the tombstone at Wrestlemania 25. This was before the tombstone was kicked out of at every WM. I was genuinely shocked by the kick out. The HBK mark in me was filled with a little hope that he might pull off the victory. JR's reaction, Takers reaction, and the crowd's reaction made that moment so epic.
    7/11/14 - The King goes home.

Save Us

First ever: Undertaker beats Hogan for WWF title at Survivor Series 1991. Undertaker was my favorite wrestler from the start. And I hated Hogan, but didn't think they would let Taker win then.
    Next biggest mark out moment: Chris Jericho's debut in WWF, 1999. Back then I didn't follow any message boards, dirt sheets, etc., but I watched WWF and WCW all the time. I knew Jericho had left WCW, and he had to be coming to WWF.
    And Jeff Hardy winning the WWE title at Armageddon 2008. Him finally winning it was great.
    Last edited by Huge Y2J Fan; 01-05-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

I'll stick to recent moments:

*The Rock's return on Raw in 2011 when he was announced as the host for Wrestlemania 27
    *Brock Lesnar's return on the Raw after Wrestlemania 28
    *When Kane returned with the mask at the Raw Slammys in 2012
    *Jericho's return at last year's Royal Rumble
    *Daniel Bryan beating Cena clean at SummerSlam

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post

Let me give a few of my opinions here: First, best cash in in MITB history. Second, and I've said this before, look at the Miz's face at the 4:00 minute mark, you can literally see him holding back the tears followed by the look of accomplishment as he did what NO ONE ever thought was possible. And third, WWE has really, really dropped the ball on the Miz. For that like one year stretch surrounding his title win he was white hot, and the fans were really getting into it. All the talking we always do about WWE needing to make new stars and then when they do make a star out of the Miz, they just brush him aside for someone newer.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Debut of Lesnar
    Debut of Goldberg
    Debut of The Shield
    Dolph cashes in MITB contract
    Henry's fake retirement speech
    CM Punk defeats John Cena at MITB
    Jericho returns as #2 in the Royal Rumble

and just WM29 weekend as a whole, because it was my first Wrestlemania to experience live. It was by far the greatest weekend of my life.
    Last edited by BestInThe205; 01-05-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfect View Post
    Let me give a few of my opinions here: First, best cash in in MITB history.
    Meh. I reckon cash-ins were becoming played out by that point.

It was a cool moment. But best in history? Woah, buddy.

IMO, it'd be hard to top the first. Another Mark Out Moment for me.

smackdown (either late 2001 or early 2002)

after a bunch of weird promos from a crazy vince peppered throughout the show the final one ends with him swinging his chair around with "n.W.o." painted on the back.

i came and shit myself all at once
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    i came and shit myself all at once
    Full-disclosure: I don't like wrestling THIS much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E-nigma View Post
    Meh. I reckon cash-ins were becoming played out by that point.

It was a cool moment. But best in history? Woah, buddy.
    Like I said, just my opinion and I am admittedly biased since I've always been a huge Miz fan. But like I was saying the reason I felt it was such a big deal is because no one thought he'd ever amount to anything. I remember people on this exact forum ripping into him something fierce. Even the WWE commentators and former wrestlers were more than willing to give their not so nice opinions on the Miz and how he did not belong in a WWE ring. So anyway, knowing what Miz had to go through to get to that point to me is what made it such a big moment. As a moral lesson I think it proves that if you work hard and never listen to your detractors, dreams can come true. But once again, I am biased in my feelings, so maybe I'm over exaggerating.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Thread Information