Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shield member to replace Reigns once he goes face?

Default New Shield member to replace Reigns once he goes face?

- The feeling is that when Roman Reigns turns babyface and splits from The Shield, likely in February, that he will be replaced with a new member in the group. Mason Ryan's name has been discussed. - source NoDQ

Honestly, I don't hate the idea. One generic WWE prototype guy leaves, another generic WWE prototype guy joins. It's a wash. Also, it gives Reigns someone else to run through instead of destroying Ambrose who I believe needs to be a bit more protected by the booking team.

Default Re: New Shield member to replace Reigns once he goes face?

Booo, Mason Ryan sucks!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Replace him with is brother Luther.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Mason Ryan? For the love of God no!

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Booo, Mason Ryan sucks!!!
    Has he not improved any? He's been off TV for quite some time now. Maybe he's not as green as he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose Mark View Post
    Has he not improved any? He's been off TV for quite some time now. Maybe he's not as green as he used to be.
    Nope he still sucks, and while it looked like he was going to get a push in NXT it randomly stopped.....because he sucks.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

A: Ryan sucks and is still greener then freshly cut grass, there's a reason he's barely on NXT
    B: I know your biased, hell I am too but to claim Reigns is generic comes off as asinine. Guys like Ryan are the epitome of generic.
    C: Ambrose will be fine, he's good enough to survive and thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Maybe they can repackage Lord Tensai again and make him a member of the Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    A: Ryan sucks and is still greener then freshly cut grass, there's a reason he's barely on NXT
    B: I know your biased, hell I am too but to claim Reigns is generic comes off as asinine. Guys like Ryan are the epitome of generic.
    C: Ambrose will be fine, he's good enough to survive and thrive.
    Asinine? He' the WWE prototype. He has that generic "WWE" look they always go for. What's asinine about that?

Replacements basically never work. Anyone can tell that once the Shield break up that should be it, anything else will just tarnish their legacy (especially when the replacement is as poor as Mason Ryan).

I called it. Its the year of Mason Ryan.

Bring it on. Mason Ryan as the TRUE enforcer of The Shield! I love it!

He's been my favorite FCW/NXT talent since he's been off TV and I always enjoy his matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    Maybe they can repackage Lord Tensai again and make him a member of the Shield?
    Tensai will be out of breath by the time he comes down with Rollins and Ambrose.
    Last edited by Blindy; 01-03-2014 at 09:46 PM.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

I doubt this would happen, and it would be really lame if it did.

surrender

I wonder what the reaction would have been back in the 80's when the 4H kick out Ole,everyone around here would have wanted the stable to end then.Same goes for DX back in '98 when HBK left due to his back injury.I am 100% behind the idea of keeping The Shield going and adding a new member or maybe even two to replace the freshly turned babyface Roman Reigns.I not so sure on having Mason Ryan as the 3rd man and really would have loved to see Chris Hero in that spot,but that boat has sailed.

Someone else posted this on another forum but thinking out side the box and away to keep The Shield going and fresh is to bring a Diva into the mix.Calling up one of the NXT Diva's to be the 3rd person in the group I think would be the best way to go.This way no one is shoe horned in the "Big Man Role" and trying to fill the void left by Roman Reigns,which would be extremely hard to due.You then make Ambrose and Rollins a tag team and have the new diva as their vale and also working in the Diva's division which badly needs star power and someone the fans would actually care about sense the only diva that matters is AJ.

If the go the rumor route of bring in Mason Ryan I think the best way to use him would be as a bodyguard/heavy to the tag team of Ambrose and Rollins and slowly mix him into the ring via six man tag team matches.This would greatly easy the wrok load on Ryan and working along side Ambrose and Rollins would surly help him in the ring and behind the scenes.

Asinine? He' the WWE prototype. He has that generic "WWE" look they always go for. What's asinine about that?
    When I picture "generic WWE look" I picture guys like Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak, short crew cut hair, around 6'4 or 6'5 with a six pack

I don't picture a long haired dude with tattoos whose only simillarity is the six pack. I can already tell we will never see eye to eye on this though, we'll just end up going in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I doubt this would happen, and it would be really lame if it did.
    I still want Ryan introduced along with Barrett as his enforcer, especially with this whole Bad News Barrett gimmick going but this still works. Mason Ryan can do as good of a job as Erick Rowan has for his team IMO.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

How about Dean Ambrose,Seth Rollins and Paige.Thats what I would due with The Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    How about Dean Ambrose,Seth Rollins and Paige.Thats what I would due with The Shield.
    Nobody fears Paige as a male wrestler though. I mean how can you sell her trying to terrorize Big Show or Big E. Langston? With a weapon? She would strictly terrorize the Women's Division, which I don't think she needs The Shield for.

The Shield need a brute if Reigns turns face.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    When I picture "generic WWE look" I picture guys like Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak, short crew cut hair, around 6'4 or 6'5 with a six pack

I don't picture a long haired dude with tattoos whose only simillarity is the six pack. I can already tell we will never see eye to eye on this though, we'll just end up going in circles.
    There have been plenty of long haired dudes with tattoos in wrestling... One of them is undefeated at Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I still want Ryan introduced along with Barrett as his enforcer, especially with this whole Bad News Barrett gimmick going but this still works. Mason Ryan can do as good of a job as Erick Rowan has for his team IMO.
    Don't you think it would feel like a cheap knockoff though? The Shield are very established, and I don't think replacing Reigns (who is pretty popular) with Mason Ryan would go over too well.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Don't you think it would feel like a cheap knockoff though? The Shield are very established, and I don't think replacing Reigns (who is pretty popular) with Mason Ryan would go over too well.
    Let Ambrose and Rollins dominate the mic and ring work but have Mason Ryan as the guy who does the viscous moves for show strictly.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Banned

How about have Rollins and Ambrose beat up Reigns and Jake Robers come down to a big pop then DDT Reigns and says you never trust a snake and joins the Sheild

Banned

There have been plenty of long haired dudes with tattoos in wrestling... One of them is undefeated at Wrestlemania.
    You got it dude.

Chris Hero is the only real option. Or you have Rollins turn face too and you bring Cesaro in with Hero and you have yourself a new Shield, Triple Threat style.

My idea is to bring in Paige but if the WWE is really set on adding a 3rd member to the group as the "Big Man/Enforcer" I think somone that would work even better then anyone in NXT or on the current roster would be Luke Gallows.He's shown over the past few years being away from the WWE that he's a pretty good big man and is just 30 years old.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Let Ambrose and Rollins dominate the mic and ring work but have Mason Ryan as the guy who does the viscous moves for show strictly.
    Oh yeah, like how Ryan revitalized the New Nexus... JKLOL.

Bring back this guy...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information