Thread: TNA Freeview Weekend

Default TNA Freeview Weekend

I thought about putting this in the General Discussion thread but figured more people would see it if it had it's own thread instead... if one of the TNA forum mods disagrees then feel free to merge it into that thread if you want.

Credit: TNAsylum

For this weekend, TNA on Youtube will be showing a number of compilation videos for free. These compilation videos include Best of the X Division, Best of the Bloodiest Brawls, Ultimate Matches, 50 Greatest Moments and so much more. You can check out the list below:

TNA's Best Of The Asylum Years
    TNA's 50 Greatest Moments
    TNA Wrestling's Greatest Moments
    Best Of The X Division - Volume 1
    Best Of The X Division - Volume 2
    Global IMPACT - TNA vs. New Japan
    Second 2 None (The Tag Teams)
    Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls
    TNA's Ultimate Matches
    Enigma: The Best Of Jeff Hardy
    Nevermore: The Best Of Raven
    Unstoppable: The Best Of Samoa Joe
    Return Of An Icon: The Best Of Sting
    Champion: The Best of Kurt Angle
    The Best of Motorcity Machine Guns & Beer Money
    Anyways I think this is pretty cool of TNA to do this... looks like I'll be spending my weekend watching the Best of the X-Division (Vol 1 & 2), TNA vs. New Japan and Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...eases-For-Free

^^ TNA's website with direct links to watch the stuff on YT.
    Last edited by Lony; 12-27-2013 at 05:29 PM.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Default Re: TNA Freeview Weekend

It'll be so sad watching the best of the X Division, seeing as how the division has been all but destroyed.

The Predator

Not only the X-Division but look at the tag division:

AMW, XXX, Team Canada, Naturals, Kaz & Bentley, James Gang/VKM, Team 3D, LAX, 3 Live Krew

They were two things you could count on in TNA...a great X-Division and a great Tag Division

But I will say one thing, I sure do miss the 6 sided ring
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Dude, thanks for posting!

I know what I'm doing today.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

This makes me so sad. Spent last night watching the MCMG/Beer Money series.
    -Team RT-

Why have TNA made the first part of the asylum years available globally but not the second part? It says it's not available in my location (UK). Strange decision as it's supposed to be a part of the freeview package. If they think it'll make people rush out and get it I think they'll be in for a disappointment.

Watching the Sting vid now. It amuses me how they totally gloss over Sting's pre-2005 TNA appearances, as if they never happened.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Why have TNA made the first part of the asylum years available globally but not the second part? It says it's not available in my location (UK). Strange decision as it's supposed to be a part of the freeview package. If they think it'll make people rush out and get it I think they'll be in for a disappointment.

Watching the Sting vid now. It amuses me how they totally gloss over Sting's pre-2005 TNA appearances, as if they never happened.
    There aren't many people on this forum that are more nitpicky and negative as I am. Wow...

Anyway, all of these reminders of how TNA remembered what they had with Samoa Joe...

It's as if they recognize all of the good things they always had, but opted to never capitalize on and roll with because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

I wouldn't say it's nitpicky to question why they have a 2 part show on "freeview" yet only make the second part available to users in certain countries. It's a strange decision.

What strikes me about the older TNA stuff is how much energy the product used to have. Even upto 2007-ish there was an undeniable oomph about the show that hasn't been there for a long time.

Oh, and big Don West ruling the announce table as only he can

What strikes me about the older TNA stuff is how much energy the product used to have. Even upto 2007-ish there was an undeniable oomph about the show that hasn't been there for a long time.
    I was watching Joe's DVD just now and was thinking that exact same thing. Just look at the crowd. The crowd was so into the show and was going NUTS for the action back then. It's the polar opposite today. It's like the company has beaten the crowd into submission. The energy has just been drained from them over the years due to bad decisions by TNA. The product itself also felt a lot more energized then. 75% of that can probably be attributed to Don West, who was always cranked to 11 on commentary. Doesn't hurt that the in-ring action was considerably better.

Speaking of Joe's DVD, it's absolutely tragic how Joe's career in TNA turned out after such an amazingly hot start. He was once half of the biggest drawing show in TNA history and now I can't even remember the last time he was on Impact.

No kidding. I'm watching TNA's Greatest Moments right now. I miss that TNA so much.

Too bad this dvd is smothering me and questioning my intelligence with the insane amount of kayfab.

EDIT: I'm now watching the Samoa Joe dvd. It's crazy how good of shape he used to be in for someone his size. Now he's just... well, not.
    Last edited by BestInThe205; 12-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Good goggly moogly, this Joe/Daniels/Styles match is perfect.

They had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

The older TNA stuff reminds me why I bothered to invest my time into the company at all, and why I'm so pissed off they are what they are now. Obviously things can't stay the same forever but with the insane amount of talent they had in Joe, Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Low Ki, Roode etc, supplemented with talent like Angle, Sting, Jarrett, Booker T and so on, how the hell did they end up where they are now?

The older TNA stuff reminds me why I bothered to invest my time into the company at all, and why I'm so pissed off they are what they are now. Obviously things can't stay the same forever but with the insane amount of talent they had in Joe, Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Low Ki, Roode etc, supplemented with talent like Angle, Sting, Jarrett, Booker T and so on, how the hell did they end up where they are now?

How about a little bit of bad booking, overall bad management,bad storylines and bringing in "wrestlers" or "stars" and giving them huge amounts of money when the the sole focus should of been on the existing talent and what they had to offer?

I think for me is that tna has really struggled overall with their identity and product, they had a killer knockout's,tag team and x division action and stars (and "good" gimmick matches too!) then implemented it all in to the 6 sided ring and continued to flourish , which was different and unique for the US/global markets and worked too, the H&B regime came in and everything that tna aspired to at that point was washed away into a former "glory" of what they once were.
    Also i think the name change from TNA to Impact wrestling did not help matters too!
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

Watching the Joe DVD now. Goosebumps for the three way match at Unbreakable, then followed up with Joe Vs Liger at BFG. Admittedly not Liger at his best, but still a massive presence for TNA during that period. The crowd love him.

Thread Information