Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

Default RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR from PWInsider.

One of the main rumors floating around the MMA world this week is that Brock Lesnar would be in attendance at this weekend's UFC 168 PPV, looking to speak with UFC head Dana White about returning to fight for the flagship MMA promotion.

During a pre-fight press conference yesterday, White was asked if Lesnar would be meeting with him this weekend. White coyly responded, "I don't know. I honestly don't know. Honestly, I don't know."

After leaving WWE the first time, Lesnar talked his way into a UFC contract and quickly became the UFC Heavyweight champion. Health issues caused by diverticulitis curtailed his UFC career with Lesnar announcing his retirement two years ago and eventually returning to WWE.

However, since returning to WWE, Lesnar has discussed returning to fighting for UFC with White, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that his deal with WWE (which is obviously structured uniquely for Lesnar to keep him happy) allows him to pursue MMA should he choose to do so.
    Dana's doing the promoter thing, as expected, but this is a thing that warrants discussion, imo.

Brock taking off from WWE again for UFC, possibly?

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Default Re: RUMOR: Brock Lesnar meeting with Dana White at UFC 168?

There's nothing wrong with that. The guy is a walking money-magnet, and people like that do as they please. I just hope he isn't done with WWE for good.

I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind if Brock went to UFC while still under a WWE contract, but I'm not sure Dana White will go for that.

The Voices, they scream Mr. Canoe's Avatar

Well He's contracted with WWE threw WM31 so if he were to go back it wouldn't be till after that time because i'm sure both WWE and UFC wouldn't want him getting hurt before big events. Also I realize Brock was decent(he did win the title after all) but I don't see him really being able to compete in UFC again his gut issue pretty much eliminated him and are just a huge target for people(see his fight with Overeem). I think he should just stick to wrestling from now on. Guys like Cain and Junior will crush him now unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that. The guy is a walking money-magnet, and people like that do as they please. I just hope he isn't done with WWE for good.
    Pretty much this.

I love having Brock back in the WWE picture , even if its only periodically. So whatever the case may end up being , I hope the door doesn't ever close again on his involvement with the WWE.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Not Even God Can Save You SensesFailed's Avatar

Money is about the only reason Dana would go for this. Brock really can't beat any of the top guys at this point and it's been proven. still would make mad money for the UFC no matter what.

Props to Hayze for the banner

There is something wrong when people think Cena is a better in-ring worker than Tanahashi
    2009/2010/2011 MMA Diehard and 2009 Underappreciated Award Winner

If Josh Barnett beats Travis Browne tomorrow night, that would be the perfect, ideal matchup for Brock, both in the cage and on the microphone. Dana would bring Brock back in a heartbeat if Brock want's to fight again.

The smart way to book him(from the UFC perspective) would be to either put him up against Barnett(if Barnett wins) in a #1 contender fight, or just hotshot him into a rematch against Cain Velasquez for a cash in(if Barnett loses tomorrow night). I think Brock loses either way. If Barnett wins tomorrow night they should sprinboard him off of Brock into a title shot.

I call BS. Brock Lesnar cannot fight in the Octagon ever again.
    It's showtime, folks!

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Considering Brock Lesnar has obviously been back on the juice since returning to the WWE... and considering that's a big no-no in the UFC... I don't see him being able to go back there... Well, at least not in a fighting capacity... Unless he's cleaned up his act while off of WWE TV...

Banned

Brock can go back if he feels like it and Dana feels like he can make money off him End of discussion. I'd rather see Brock dedicate himself to WWE and be the biggest star on the roster like he should be. I mean this should be the era of Brock Lesnar but he's not as into it as much as I am.

Banned

No. Just no. Brock makes more money in WWE (his return is either at the Royal Rumble or the night after according to brockedwardlesnar.com) now than he ever did in UFC. End of discussion. Mods, please close this thread.

I doubt he goes back to UFC, but if he did, it couldn't be any sooner than after WM 31. He probably wouldn't be that good anymore, but if Dana White think he will make money, he will bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    No. Just no. Brock makes more money in WWE (his return is either at the Royal Rumble or the night after according to brockedwardlesnar.com) now than he ever did in UFC. End of discussion. Mods, please close this thread.
    Sorry, but no. We will not close the thread just because you tell us too. This thread is fine and the discussion isn't over just because you say it is.

surrender

Banned

Well if I spoke the truth and the rumors are false, then what's the point of this thread?

Even if you are telling the truth, there's nothing to say that Lesnar isn't motivated to go back to UFC as an athlete and prove himself. Maybe he wants a change of scenery.

Maybe it's all horseshit, but until the speculation is categorically refuted, the thread is open for discussion.

What's to say Lesnar can't do both? - I mean he is a part-time guy, right? Why can't he also be a part-time UFC guy.
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    What's to say Lesnar can't do both? - I mean he is a part-time guy, right? Why can't he also be a part-time UFC guy.
    MMA is not a part-time sport. He has diverticulitis, which is the main reason why he isn't fighting professionally any longer, well that and the fact he's extremely limited in his MMA skills.

From Bender's Banner Shop Emporium and Deli

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    My sentiment.

I'm a big fan of Lesnar and would be interested in anything he does. I obviously want to see more WWE matches out of him, but I would also enjoy seeing him regain his throne in the UFC...

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Yeah, with his diverticulitis, I doubt he'd be going back for a fight.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I once thought of the chance that Brock could return and win the UFC Championship while still employed by the WWE. Can you imagine if this happened to be right at the time that the 'E puts their own championship on him? Imagine Brock walking out on WWE television while wearing both the WWE and UFC Championships on his shoulders. What a rub it would be for whoever beats him to say they defeated the guy who holds the world titles of both the world's most competitive sports (kayfabe wise, that's what WWE is.)

That won't happen this year, of course, just speculating on an interesting idea.

Neither Dana or Vince would let Brock both fight and wrestle, and I don't think Brock's the kind of guy who would want to do both anyway. He seems very happy being ridiculously rich and living in the middle of no where for 11 months out of the year.

If he ever did go back to fighting, there are still some fun match ups and I think he could do alright for himself. If Bigfoot and Mark Hunt (love Hunt, not a diss) are top 10 fighters in the UFC, Brock easily could be too. He'd never get past Velasquez or Dos Santos though. I'd rather see him stick around the WWE, even though they seem determined to stick him in feuds with other part-timers that I couldn't care less about.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Brocks a smart businessman. He's not going to throw away the good thing he's got (huge paydays for like, 3-4 matches a year) to go and have a few matches in UFC and possibly piss away his marketability and make his physical condition worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
    Neither Dana or Vince would let Brock both fight and wrestle...
    Vince would absolutely let Brock wrestle & fight. The cross-promotional opportunities would be off the charts. Zero chance Dana allows it, but Vince would in a heartbeat, as it's instant legitimacy for WWE and a metric shitload of money to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF/E Guru View Post
    I once thought of the chance that Brock could return and win the UFC Championship while still employed by the WWE. Can you imagine if this happened to be right at the time that the 'E puts their own championship on him? Imagine Brock walking out on WWE television while wearing both the WWE and UFC Championships on his shoulders. What a rub it would be for whoever beats him to say they defeated the guy who holds the world titles of both the world's most competitive sports (kayfabe wise, that's what WWE is.)

That won't happen this year, of course, just speculating on an interesting idea.
    Hell would freeze over before Dana would let Brock walk out on WWE television with the UFC title belt.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    Yeah, with his diverticulitis, I doubt he'd be going back for a fight.
    Exactly. His intestinal system just simply isn't fit for that anymore. Hell, I've dealt with diverticulitis before (about a year and a half ago), so I know what it's like. Not fun at all to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Vince would absolutely let Brock wrestle & fight. The cross-promotional opportunities would be off the charts. Zero chance Dana allows it, but Vince would in a heartbeat, as it's instant legitimacy for WWE and a metric shitload of money to boot.
    The PR would be great, but not so great when he gets hurt in a fight and gets put on the shelf for 6 months, when the WWE needs him in three for their big Wrestlemania plans. I just don't think the publicity would be worth the risk for Vince. He's already a former HW champion. He can't really get more legit than that.

Thread Information