Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Observer gives some Wrestlemania info....

Default The Observer gives some Wrestlemania info....

The Observer is reporting that the penciled in Wrestlemania Card right now is....

Taker vs Lesnar (Supposedly, this is the only one that is "locked" in.)
    Punk vs HHH
    Randy Orton vs Batista
    Daniel Bryan vs HBK (Shawn hasn't officially said that he would wrestle yet...if he can't, I'm not sure where they would put him)

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt (/And the Wyatt Family?)

Thoughts?

Default Re: The Observer gives some Wrestlemania info....

If this is true, Wyatt better go over.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

So Taker vs Lesnar is really a thing...sigh.

Good to see that there is some truth to the Bryan/HBK rumors.

Not enough tables in the world for me to flip. There is no gif angry enough.

I don't like any of it.

Batista/Orton is a waste of Dave Batista. Taker/Lesnar means nothing to be because I don't give a shit about MMA or "legit shoot, bro" stuff. Bryan/Shawn means Bryan isn't getting a title match.

I don't like any of it. I won't acknowledge John Cena/Bray Wyatt.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

Not sure how I feel about John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania... I dunno it just seems like Cena should be in a bigger match at Mania then that.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Not enough tables in the world for me to flip.

There is no gif angry enough. I don't like any of it.
    I know you're married to Bryan winning the belt, but if that's the card, I'm trying to feed money into my cable box. Bryan/Michaels alone does it for me.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I know you're married to Bryan winning the belt, but if that's the card, I'm trying to feed money into my cable box. Bryan/Michaels alone does it for me.
    I'm married to it. Yes, I am.

YES, I AM, MATT. YES. I. AM.

And it's not just that match, I don't like ANY of this. None of it. It's literally the polar opposite of everything I'd like.

Which means it's exactly what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

All of those matches sound good, but none really excite me much. Not even Bryan/HBK.

surrender

I gotta side with Matt on this, it's not like they demoted Bryan to curtain jerking. If this match does come to pass it's Bryan vs Michaels, it's gonna steal the show. I know though that i'll be hearing all about how this is a depush for Bryan and they have no faith in him.

Michaels last 3 opponents at Mania have been Cena, Flair and Taker, quite a nifty little club.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    I'm still good. The usual "EVERYTHING IS AWFUL" crowd is typically unsatisfied.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

Not enough tables in the world for me to flip. There is no gif angry enough.

I don't like any of it.

Batista/Orton is a waste of Dave Batista. Taker/Lesnar means nothing to be because I don't give a shit about MMA or "legit shoot, bro" stuff. Bryan/Shawn means Bryan isn't getting a title match.

Totally agree. Taker vs Lesner sucks. I get why they THINK it's a draw, but it isnt. Taker's match is one of the reasons I watch WM. This is actually a deterent.
    Cena vs Bray? Why? I'd rather see Cena vs Lesner and Taker vs. Bray.
    Randy Orton vs Batista. Nope. Big fan of Batista, this will be a painful match for me to watch.
    Punk vs HHH. I can get behind it, but think Punk is better served somewhere else.
    HBK vs. DB. Okay, I love this

Forever A Warrior
    Thanks for letting us use the banner, JV.
    DX MARK, still..
    Cena fan. Yep, you can hate me.

"It will all be payed off at Wrestlemania! Stop being impatient, it has to be at Wrestlemania, Bryan will get his revenge there, that's the plan!"

"Wrestlemania? Meh, they'll do it later, it pays off for this subjective dream match."

Personally, I don't care, I was expecting this for quite some time, anyway.

I love the idea of Cena vs Wyatt if we can't get Cena vs Taker. Gives the Wyatt Family a hell of a rub, and allows Cena to move out of the main event picture (one would assume...).

Rest of the card... I'll believe HBK's coming out of retirement when I see it, so Bryan's position worries me. I've also see enough of Orton/Batista, bleh. The other two are fine, though I'd still take Bryan over Punk to take on HHH.

I'm married to it. Yes, I am.

YES, I AM, MATT. YES. I. AM.

And it's not just that match, I don't like ANY of this. None of it. It's literally the polar opposite of everything I'd like.

Which means it's exactly what's going to happen.
    I think the only issue I really have with it is that a lot of it is going to be dependent on a strong buildup. I've never thought Bryan was going to win the title at Mania, that never occurred to me as part of the story arc. No matter how many times WWE tries to brand the WWE Champion as "the face of the WWE," most of their main event revolves around stories that aren't the title. That's been the trend for years now. Even when the title is involved, it's happenstance, not a title chase. The title was a footnote in Cena/Rock 2.

I've already talked myself into Brock/Taker because there's really nobody that I'd actively think would beat Taker this year (including Cena) and Taker just won't have a bad match at this point.

I'm like 90% sure they brought Big Dave back after they sketched out the card and said "Uhh, guys, who the hell is going to face Orton?" That match isn't going to be a classic, but they can at least tell a decent story, especially if Orton is working like he's worked for the past few months.

Punk's aping Bryan's natural match, and he's kind of been shoehorned into this, but if he's motivated, they'll do a good build and have a good match. The infamous Punk/Trips match was actually a really good match.

Bryan/Michaels, I've already said I have a total blindspot for, it's on my Mount Rushmore of dream matches, and I would spend the money even if it was the only match on the card.

Cena/Wyatt is such a wild card. It kinda terrifies me because I've seen Cena blow through these types of factions before, but then again, he never beat the Shield, so maybe he won't just blow through them. That being said, it should at least be a unique build, and I have a lot of faith in Bray as a worker.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I rather see Batista/Lesnar and Taker/Cena (I know I've been against the match in the past) at WrestleMania but again that's just me.

As for Daniel Bryan/Shawn Michaels I'm all for it as it'll no doubt be a great match up and as for the others well I'm not sure I'd maybe leave Hunter off of the card and go with CM Punk/Randy Orton for the title with Punk walking out as Champion (assuming Orton is still champion by then).

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Banned

Vince must really be trying to get nobody to buy WrestleMania

Really though, if Cody vs. Goldust is on the card I couldn't give a crap what other matches are on the card. However, I am nuts, so.......

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    "It will all be payed off at Wrestlemania! Stop being impatient, it has to be at Wrestlemania, Bryan will get his revenge there, that's the plan!"

"Wrestlemania? Meh, they'll do it later, it pays off for this subjective dream match."

Personally, I don't care, I was expecting this for quite some time, anyway.
    I mean, logically, Wrestlemania should have been the Bryan/HHH match. It really should have been locked in stone. And that's clearly where they were going for a while. But Bryan/Michaels is a match with a comparable story that still involves Bryan getting one over on Triple H. It expands the overarching story past Wrestlemania, which I kinda like, because this story still has plenty of layers left in it.

Plus it will be one hell of a match, and one hell of a moment. That's really all I care about in my wrestling-based entertainment.

"I like cake."

I actually like that card.

For Punk/HHH you can build it up with Punk talking about how Triple H never wanted Punk to succeed in the WWE and did his best to stop Punk from becoming a top superstar in 2011, but he failed.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Banned

Start off WrestleMania with some crazy Fatal Four Way Tag Team Ladder Match. That will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    Really though, if Cody vs. Goldust is on the card I couldn't give a crap what other matches are on the card. However, I am nuts, so.......
    Yeah, and I hope with this card that they have The Shield triple threat break up match so at least Rollins gets a good spot on the card even if we all know who's winning that match.

Man that card is boring, I mean at least they are putting Orton and Batista together. I have no desire to see Punk/HHH or Taker/Lesnar.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Batista and Orton could possibly be one of the worst Wrestlemania matches in history.

I mean, logically, Wrestlemania should have been the Bryan/HHH match. It really should have been locked in stone. And that's clearly where they were going for a while. But Bryan/Michaels is a match with a comparable story that still involves Bryan getting one over on Triple H. It expands the overarching story past Wrestlemania, which I kinda like, because this story still has plenty of layers left in it.

Plus it will be one hell of a match, and one hell of a moment. That's really all I care about in my wrestling-based entertainment.
    I don't believe the story has many layers left, it was stretched so thin because "WRESTLEMANIA", to the point where even you claimed a couple of times they were fucking up.

And after months of being yelled at for thinking like that and not "being patient for Mania", this happens and all of those months of endured crap are dismissed and neatly swept under the rug? No, thanks.

Banned

They did that ladder match at Armageddon 2006 and I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    Start off WrestleMania with some crazy Fatal Four Way Tag Team Ladder Match. That will be interesting
    It might be a fun match, but it wouldn't really be that interesting. It would just be a big clusterfuck that wouldn't get much time.

Also, lets say Cody & Goldust are not in it, then who would be in it?

It would probably end up being this: Show & Mysterio vs. Usos vs. Real Americans vs. Axel & Ryback.

Yeah, I think I will pass on that match.

surrender

Thread Information