Thread: Cena heel turn vs the streak: Who wins?

Default Cena heel turn vs the streak: Who wins?

I was thinking about this earlier, now this isn't a Cena should turn heel rant or an end the streak rant, if Cena were to take on taker at mania 30, 31 or 60 or whatever and midway into the match he pulled off some heel move to get the win like with help from another heel or the authority, do you think the WWE would actually have him win that way to solidify a heel turn or would they have Taker prevail and keep the streak a live? Now keep in mind this is what if thread and not me saying Cena should turn heel and beat the streak, I don't think a Cena heel turn is ever going to happen and I'm fine with him as a face
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Cena heel turn vs the streak: Who wins?

I've honestly given up on the likelihood that WWE is daring enough to even make the match, let alone turn Cena, let alone involve some sort of outside influence, let alone end the streak.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

I don't want Cena to suddenly change demeanor. Or suddenly join the Authority. It would make no sense for him to change personalities so suddenly when he has been so true to himself for the past 10 years.

A Cena heel turn is still possible. Just make it realistic. Let's say we have John Cena vs. The Undertaker in an I Quit match. John Cena does everything in his power to force Undertaker to quit. Everything. It doesn't work. So I was thinking something along the lines of his Royal Rumble 07 win. Cena chokes Undertaker out with the ropes and renders him unconscious, unable to continue the match, and is declared the winner by, uh...KO? I guess? John Cena would never do something like get the Authority's help. It goes against everything he stands for. But doing anything to win IS something Cena would do.

So I definitely want Cena to win. The Undertaker doesn't need the Streak to go on forever. He still HAD the streak, and that's what is important. There's no reason for the Streak not to end if Undertaker decides he's finally done wrestling. He should lose it so they can use it as a storyline element. I don't want heel Cena vs. Undertaker. I want Cena vs. Undertaker to be the catalyst that begins it.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I think WWE can turn Cena, but it won't be until they have a superstar established enough as a star to take over his spot as top face. I don't know if Punk or Bryan are the right guys......yet.

Sort of like with The Rock. Turning The Rock heel in 2003 didn't really affect anything because they had a new top star in Brock Lesnar.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Cena wins because the Streak must be broken and no one else deserves to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazzling One View Post
    I think WWE can turn Cena, but it won't be until they have a superstar established enough as a star to take over his spot as top face. I don't know if Punk or Bryan are the right guys......yet.

Sort of like with The Rock. Turning The Rock heel in 2003 didn't really affect anything because they had a new top star in Brock Lesnar.
    The thing about Rock's heel turn is how badly it flopped. The fans just wouldn't let him be a heel.

As for Cena turning once there is a new top face, it would have to be one heck of a top face to replace the merchandise sales Cena produces.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Cena beating Taker -- cui bono?

John Cena has been the face of the WWE for the better part of a decade, if not a full ten years. He is also thirty-six years old, and while I don't think that is particularly old neither is that the age of a wrestler who has his whole career ahead of him. Cena, at this point, is about as big as he's ever going to get and breaking the Streak (as silly as I find the whole thing to be) will do nothing for him.

If Taker is going to lose to someone, it should be either an up-and-comer who is on the verge of hitting main event-dom and just needs that one last thing to push him over the edge, or a wrestler who can make it just a jaw-dropping, unbelievable classic for the ages. Either way, I don't think Cena's the guy.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Banned

Keep Cena face when he ends the streak and just make it the passing the torch moment WWE thought the Rock matches would be.

If Bryan is still crazy over in a couple of years and Cena's not keeping Make A Wish afloat then have him turn on the Goat. Building will explode. Give him a little bit of a heel run before he turns face for a final run and maybe have him break Flair's title record to end his career. Again, all dependent on Make A Wish. His work there is just too awesome to mess with and frankly Bryan beating face Cena clean was a thousand times more exciting than Bryan beating heel Cena a bunch would be in reality.

Someone already touched on how to book the Cena/Taker match:

Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    To keep it short and simple you got to do Taker/Cena like how Flair/HBK was done at Mania. There has to be that ONE MOMENT in the match where the fans feel that CENA SHOULD have won or gone for the KILL OF THE DEADMAN, but didn't. Cena is about Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect right? He respects the Deadman and he is a loyal WWE superstar right? There lies the magic of the finish of the match. How do you think the crowd will react to that? A conflict of interest for those who hate Cena and don't want him to break the streak, but know that he is the man for TODAY, while Taker is a man of all-times and can afford to lose as he has done it all. How would you feel in that very moment for Cena and UT?

Cena has to be the emphatic wrestler here. Think of Hogan vs. Warrior's finish.
    They could make Cena's failure to defeat Taker at WM (possibly at WM 32) a storyline going forward. With this scenario Cena would have a lot of regret about not beating Undertaker. It could potentially lead to a heel Cena or just a different version of his face character, perhaps a more serious Cena. They could easily insert another wrestler into this storyline, one that would give grief to Cena for blowing a huge opportunity. And who knows, if they do this right they could potentially have enough interest for a Cena/Taker rematch at WM. If Cena were to lose again then WWE would for sure have enough reason/build up to turn Cena heel.

Banned

Cena could end the streak logically but what good would it do for either wrestler? A heel must end the streak of Taker to use the rub properly. Now if you can turn Undertaker heel before Mania...

He'd still get cheered
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

When Cena vs Taker happens or if it even happens I believe Cena should go into the match as a face and leave the contest as a face. Turning him in middle of match would make no sense in my opinion. See Cena is not like a Steve Austin who turned heel at Mania 17 bc Austin fit in that character bc he was a bad ass, rebellious, sob. While John is about Hustle, loyalty, & respect complete opposite.

As for John ending the streak don't want to see it happen nor do I believe it will happen. Some may say this will be looked as passing the torch, what torch? This man has been top face for a decade no torch match up was needed bc in my eyes he earned it. Non of his matches was based on torch passing but more of the single contest itself. Cena has done it all and basically has beat all that has came his way. Defeating Taker will do nothing for him. Why do you think Cena didn't successfully cash in or defeat Orton at TLC to unify the Titles bc it wasn't needed. Cena is the man and ending the streak wouldn't make a difference. If Shawn couldn't end the streak I believe no one should.

As for an up and comer ending the streak....No way am I in on that. If an up and comer needs to defeat Taker to get the rub needed than he shouldn't be the man to end in the streak in the first place period.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

The chances of Cena ending the streak as a heel are significantly lower than as a face.

Spoiler

The smartest move to turn Cena heel is to build someone else up to rival his popularity and success. R

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    He'd still get cheered
    Nah. You could get him heat if you dusted him off six months before mania and actually made him work a little.

Thread Information