Thread: The TLC handicap matches?

Default The TLC handicap matches?

I was wondering if people were happy with the outcome, was it right for Punk to win and Bryan to lose...should Bryan have won and Punk lost or would you have been happy with both men winning their handicap matches?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Banned

Default Re: The TLC handicap matches?

I'm ok with both outcomes. Storylines need to progress one way or the other and the end of both matches did that just fine.

Fine with both outcomes. The Shield could've taken the loss the way they did. On the other side, I think the Wyatts would've been damaged considerably had they lost. Bryan is considerably smaller than all 3 members of the Wyatt Family, and with Bray wrestling a rare match, he had to impress & actually look like a threat. Bryan losing & Punk winning the way they did are both good outcomes.

The Shield losing to Punk was written well enough. The loss won't hurt them, but it made The Shield look uncharacteristically incompetent IMO. On the other hand, it succeeded in potentially increasing the tension between Reigns and Ambrose. More plusses than negatives, but it still rubbed me the wrong as I was watching. I am completely satisfied with Bryan vs The Wyatts. The right team won, and Bryan looked strong in defeat in a way only Daniel Bryan could pull off.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I think it was done pretty spot on.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

They did do The Shield loss right, but there's no reason a team with a 3 on 1 advantage should ever lose. Punk and Bryan should've both lost, IMO.

Going through the feuds build up, I wondered if the handicap matches were the right way to go. After watching the ppv and knowing the results, I think it was a perfectly fine way to go about. Punk losing wouldn't have made him look weak, but winning lets him go off to a new feud on a more positive note and it furthered the breakup story of The Shield.

Bryan also made sense. There is no shame in a guy the size of Bryan losing to THREE guys way bigger than he is. The match was a great psychological match that ended with all involved looking strong.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Thread Information