Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you work for the WWE? If so, in what capacity?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Default Would you work for the WWE? If so, in what capacity?

This is a question I have thought about for quite some time. If you guys were given the opportunity to work for the WWE, would you? If so, what role would fit you best? Announcer? Creative? Production? Camera crew? Setting up the ring? Referee? Wrestler? Manager?

I only said WWE because it's the biggest wrestling company. Of course, it'd be cool to work for a pro-wrestling company in Canada, Europe, Japan, India, Mexico, Puerto Rico, etc. But, we are excluding those possibilities in the interest of this thread. Those are different countries with different ways of seeing wrestling so I don't know how well I would fit in there as an American Pro-wrestling guy.

Of course, there are other indy's like ROH, TNA(Yes I called it an indy), PWG, Chikara, CZW, ECW reunion shows, random indy's with no names and indy's with mostly older former stars. I'm sure it'd be fun to work at any of those places as well. For me, it would have been awesome to be a fucking manager in the territory days whether it be Georgia, Florida, Minnesota with AWA, Crockett, USWA, Watts, etc. ECW and WCW would have been fun as well, except for towards the end where it would have been miserable to go to work.

Now, back to the WWE: I would absolutely jump at the opportunity. Being an announcer is harder than it looks, I'm sure but I believe I could learn to be solid at it. Being apart of creative would prove to be difficult. I know we all think we can book, but I think we would burn out rather quickly, especially with people higher up nixing our ideas. It would be demoralizing and would stress me out.

I don't have the gifts and skills required to do production or camera work. Much respect to those fellas and gal's that can do that. Announcing the guys to the ring: I believe I could do that, but it would take a lot of memorizing which would come with time and practice. I would do the setting up the ring gig. I have done that and worked as a ref and a manager for a local indy fed here in South Florida. We draw roughly 75 a night here, and it's fun as shit. We do a monthly show. I wish we could do more than once a month, but financially it works best for us. We found out Fridays and Saturdays are bad days as pro-wrestling isn't the cool thing on those days. Same with Sunday with church and football. 6 months ago, we started doing shows on Thursday Nights and it's worked great. It provides some entertainment right before Friday. Any way, being a wrestler is not up my ally. I worked once 2 months ago to put over an AWESOME and top babyface for an angle we were doing where I was the heel manager that fucked him over and the crowd wanted to see him kill me and we did the match. I just couldn't hang. I did okay, and I let him lead, but I blew up rather fast within 5 minutes. We had 12 minutes that night. But, I gave it my all and I realized my giftings are more with being a referee and a manager. I set up the ring with 6 other people and I love it. Also, being a referee and letting the heels work me as a ref and being a manager is up my road. I like being a heel manager; being a babyface manager does not come natural to me AT ALL. Anyway, those are the positions I would definitely accept if WWE came knocking. I have sent them a resume on their official career page, but we shall see.

Would you work for the WWE if they called? If so, in what role? If not, is it because you are nervous you would get burnt out to the point of hating the business you grew up loving?

Default Re: Would you work for the WWE? If so, in what capacity?

I'd love to be WWE CFO. I can be close to the business and have a major say in the big picture strategic stuff without worrying myself in the gritty day to day creative bullshit.

I'd be Unified Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion!

I would work for WWE obviously.
    I am not so athletic or charismatic so definetly not something in front of the camera(wrestler or announcer)
    I do learn how to operate camera and TV equipment butI find it quite boring and very hard so no.

I belive I would jump for the creative part. why? first of all I think I am very creative, I can create stories, and even if I found out its harder then thought, WWE would pay me for sucking at my job just like their doing with their current creative team so who gives a f*ck

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Well, seeing as I'm a music major studying to be a music producer, I'd LOVE to compose and record entrance themes. That would be amazing.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

No way would I work for WWE. Would it be a dream come true to be offered the opportunity? Yes. But I've heard too many horror stories from former creative team members (the role that I would ideally take) for me to actually put myself through that kind of hell.

Now, a local promotion ... sure, maybe. Hell, I think I have what it takes to be a decent writer or booker, and also a performer (a managerial role, for instance, not an in-ring competitor). I've considered actually looking into that, although I highly doubt that I'd be able to break in.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

If I could go into wrestling in any capacity, I would definitely want to go on commentary, besides, I'm a great talker and could also be a mouthpiece for someone

i'd love to be vince mcmahon very yes

You can sign me up to be Summer Rae's and The Bella Twins' personal assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    No way would I work for WWE. Would it be a dream come true to be offered the opportunity? Yes. But I've heard too many horror stories from former creative team members (the role that I would ideally take) for me to actually put myself through that kind of hell.

Now, a local promotion ... sure, maybe. Hell, I think I have what it takes to be a decent writer or booker, and also a performer (a managerial role, for instance, not an in-ring competitor). I've considered actually looking into that, although I highly doubt that I'd be able to break in.
    I'm pretty much in line with this. I would not want to be in WWE Creative. I wouldn't want to be on commentary. Those are the only two things that I might consider.

Vince McMahon yelling in headsets. Vince McMahon burying and emasculating anyone with ideas that don't match up with his. Dealing with Michael Hayes on a regular basis.

No. No, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    Would you work for the WWE if they called?
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    If so, in what role?
    Creative

Assuming I had all the prerequisites, I think being a referee would be a good gig. You get to see a lot of matches first hand, you get to be an active participant of the WWE roster without being the centre of attention and having to do media all the time. Plus you get to hang out with the wrestlers without being a wrestler (although I assume most, if not all, refs have trained to be wrestlers). Plus, it would be pretty cool to learn first-hand all the ins and outs of what a referee exactly does under the guise of a kayfabe official.

The road schedule would put me off working for WWE as a referee, but I think hypothetically speaking I'd much prefer it over a being a wrestler.

I would like to be a TV producer/director. That way, I can tell the announcers not to make total asses out of themselves, or take selfies on the air, and just call the action.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Diva FBI!

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

I want to be the guy who rings the bell.

It's not glamorous or exciting, but it seems like a pretty awesome job. You get paid, you get a better view than all the paying customers and all you have to do is hit a bell with a hammer.

Banned

I'd go with manager and/or writer for divas division. I have theater experience and could be a good heel manager for somebody.

I'd make myself head of talent relations, but probably would be fired when I sign half of the wrestlers in AAA, CMLL, and NJPW, and give Toshiaki Kawada an ironclad contract with at least one lengthy WWE championship reign. Kawada

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I would love to work for WWE creative. I'm not really all that creative and dont have any good ideas, so I should be head of creative in no time.

Diva towel boy?
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

I would definately work with creative. I love writing stories as is, I write Game plots as is so it would be in my wheelhouse.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

CFO, personally.

I wouldn't offer a hell of a lot in any other role, but I would be effective overseeing the greater financial picture and opening up new avenues of revenue.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I would love to be a referee too. Get to go out in front of the crowds, go to all the amazing places, hang out with wrestlers I love, learn the ins and outs all without having to be centre of attention and take horrific bumps which leave me a cripple by the time I am 50

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Why do people want to be a ref? It drove Tim White to suicide.

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

I think working for WWE would kill my enjoyment as a fan. I don't know, I just don't want to see all of the wrestlers/divas I like being regular everyday people. I like them being characters on my screen.

Any offscreen role that travels with them, I hate public performances but id love to be on the road.

Sig-Hayze
    Av-Spike

Thread Information