Thread: 2013 Year End Awards

Post 2013 Year End Awards

Now that the godawful Slammys are over with and the year is coming to a close in the next few weeks I thought that once again this year a proper year end thread was in order.So here's the category's and my picks,use the same category's and make your own picks.

Wrestler of the Year:CM Punk

Diva of the Year:AJ Lee

Match of the Year:Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13

Feud of the Year:CM Punk .Vs Paul Heyman

Moment of the Year:Mark Henry's "Retirement"

PPV of the Year:Wrestlemania 29

Rookie of the Year:The Shield

Tag Team of the Year:The Shield

Comeback of the Year:Chris Jericho

Announcer of the Year:JBL

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year:Roman Reigns

Who to Watch for in 2014:Roman Reigns

Line of the Year:"I'll Be Your HuckleberrY" Dusty Rhodes
    Last edited by JohnnyPresley21; 12-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Default Re: 2013 Year End Awards

Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton (I fucking said it)

Diva of the Year: oh wow who could it be

Match of the Year: Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The Shield - Battleground/John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan and John Cena's slap-fight during their Summerslam bout

PPV of the Year: Summerslam

Rookie of the Year: Dean Ambrose

(Actual) Rookie of the Year: Bayley

Tag Team of the Year: Harper and Rowan

Comeback of the Year: Goldust

Announcer of the Year: Literally nobody. They all suck. The black guy who does announcing for NXT, he annoys me the least.

Most Improved: Goldust

Who to Watch: Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family

Line of the Year: "You, John Cena, are a parody of wrestling." (or something like that) -Daniel Bryan

Also, I feel like "Feud of the Year" should be one. In which case I would say Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena.
    Last edited by Vance Landow; 12-10-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Wrestler of the Year: Daniel Bryan.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee.

Match of the Year: CM Punk versus Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2013

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan winning clean over John Cena.

PPV of the Year: I honestly have no idea.

Rookie of the Year: The Shield

Tag Team of the Year: The Shield

Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam.

Announcer of the Year: They all suck.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year: Cody Rhodes.

Who to Watch for in 2014: Kalisto.

Are these WWE only?

Wrestler of the Year: CM Punk

I consider 'wrestling' to be more than just in-ring work and I think Punk has both Bryan, every member of The Shield, Jericho, Cesaro beat in that regard. Not his best year, Punk still had some classic matches with Taker, Brock and I actively enjoyed the Rumble match against The Rock.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee

AJ is without doubt the most interesting diva since Lita retired in 06 and is making the most of her opportunities to earn back the respect the division is sorely lacking. Most would say this choice is a no-brainer but I don't think that's giving AJ any credit given how well Paige is performing in NXT.

Match of the Year:
    Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena - SummerSlam 2013

I enjoyed Brock/Punk more at the time, but Bryan/Cena definitely holds up better and should have been the star making performance.

Moment of the Year: Randy Orton cash in.

Others will point to moments like the Henry retirement speech, the Y2J surprise entrance at the Rumble, Post-Mania Raw etc. but I wanted to go with the moment that had the most impact on the direction of the company, so I went with this.

PPV of the Year: SummerSlam

One of the best SummerSlams in history and an easy choice for this category. Shout out to Payback which I thought really over-delivered as a B show.

Rookie of the Year: The Shield

I'm counting them, yes, technically they made their in-ring debut at TLC but there has to be some rule on the amount of matches you're allowed to wrestle prior. The Shield have been one of the best groups in wrestling and deserve all the accolades that come their way.

Cheating a little bit, but watching The Shield reminds me of what it must have been like to have been a fan of WCCW when the Freebirds and Von Erichs were going at it.

Comeback of the Year: Bray Wyatt

Does Husky Harris count because brother that gimmick is night and day from the one he had before. One of the best talkers the WWE have had in years (I'm going all the way to the Attitude era) and still one of the few reasons I tune in anymore.

If not, Jericho tore it up or at least tried to do something different each and every night.

Announcer of the Year:
    John Bradshaw Layfield.

Well, I for one am glad he's back at the booth and really enjoy his chemistry with Cole.

Most Improved: The Usos

Were on the road to no where for the past few years to now being one of the more over teams in wrestling. Need more mic. time to gain more of a following but their presence has definitely added to the product.

Who To Watch in 2014: Sami Zayn

Every bit as good as Bryan.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    Are these WWE only?
    Being that it is in the WWE section of the forum I would assume so

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Wrestler of the Year - CM Punk
    Just the BEST IN THE COMPANY.

Diva of the Year - Brie Bella
    Yeah, I said a Bella, so what? She is in my eyes the Diva of the year, sure... AJ became Champion this year but I grew bored of her, Brie Bella all the way.

Match of the Year - Lesnar/HHH Mania 29
    Great match.

Moment of the Year - Rock becoming Champ
    'Nuff said.

PPV of the Year - Royal Rumble
    Rock's title win.... that is all.

Rookie of the Year - Big E Langston
    From Royal Rumble promo dud.... to IC Champion, that's good for a rookie.

Tag Team of the Year - The Real Americans
    WE THE PEOPLE!!!! (enough said)

Comeback of the Year - The Rock
    Came back and won the WWE Title in his return match, can anybody else who returned this year say that? (I said WWE.. not WHC, so before we get some smart alec remarks about Cena, just no).

Announcer of the Year - JBL
    I guess its him.

Most Improved Wrestle of the Year - Roman Reigns
    I guess we only saw him in one match in 2012...... so, y'know......... I guess that's how he has improved.

Who to Watch for in 2014 - Sami Zayn
    Some kid from NXT, people keep banging on about him... so watch this space.

Line of the Year - "Your arms are too short to box with god" CM Punk to The Rock
    - Credit: Bender -

PWMania - He Returns

Wrestler of the Year : John Cena
    Cena won the Royal Rumble, beat CM Punk in one of the biggest matches of the year on Raw, beat The Rock in the biggest match of the year at WM 29, defeated Ryback then defeated and Henry, Cena only lost the belt to Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam becuz he was hurt, then Cena comes back two months ahead of schedule from his injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title.
    Yeah. John Cena = Wrestler of the Year

Diva of the Year : AJ Lee
    It’s a no brainer.

Match of the Year : Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13
    Great match. Two big stars giving it their all.
    Glad to see Brock go over, so he is not viewed as the part-time main event jobber.

Moment of the Year : Shawn Michaels kicking Daniel Bryan in the face
    And the next night on Raw, the A+ player (HBK) demands that the B+ player (Daniel Bryan) shakes his hand. Then Daniel Bryan goes on to make the biggest mistake of his life!

PPV of the Year: Wrestlemania 29
    I don’t have too much to go by here. I watched WM29, Royal Rumble, and the last match at SummerSlam.
    So between my two choices of Rumble and WM29, I’ll go with WM29. Both PPVs sucked, but WM29 sucked less. WM29 was one of the most predictable WMs ever.

Rookie of the Year : Eva Marie
    Are The Shield rookies?

Tag Team of the Year : The Rhodes Brothers
    I’ve always been a fan of Dustin Rhodes going back to his wCw days.
    P.S. – For the record, Bad Influence is the overall Tag Team of the Year, The Bro Mans are 1st runners-up, and the Rhodes Brothers are my top WWE choice.

Comeback of the Year : John Cena
    The healing powers of Super Cena strike again!
    The Champ comes back two months ahead of schedule from his tricep injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title!
    And this Sunday on PPV, we put an exclamation point on ‘The Year of Cena’ as he unifies the two biggest titles in wrestling.
    The Undisputed Champ is here!

Announcer of the Year : JBL
    JBL says what he wants. He isn’t a puppet for the powers-that-be who are screaming in the headset.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year : Brie Bella
    She did her own thing, and it took much improvement to do so.

Who to Watch for in 2014 : John Cena
    Gonna dunk Hulk Hogan on his head at Wrestlemania 30!

Line of the Year:
    "The formal term for it is a cohabitation agreement" - John Cena to Nikki Bella

Wrestler of the year - CM Punk

Diva of the year - AJ Lee

Match of the year - CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

Moment of the year - Daniel Bryan winning the WWE Championship

PPV of the year - Summerslam

Rookie of the year - Roman Reigns

Tag team of the year - The Shield

Comeback of the year - The Rock

Announcer of the year - JBL

Most improved wrestler of the year - Roman Reigns

Who to watch for in 2014 - Roman Reigns

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton (I fucking said it)

Diva of the Year: oh wow who could it be

Match of the Year: Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs. The Shield - Battleground/John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan and John Cena's slap-fight during their Summerslam bout

PPV of the Year: Summerslam

Rookie of the Year: Dean Ambrose

(Actual) Rookie of the Year: Bayley

Tag Team of the Year: Harper and Rowan

Announcer of the Year: Literally nobody. They all suck. The black guy who does announcing for NXT, he annoys me the least.

Most Improved: Goldust

Who to Watch: Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family

Line of the Year: "You, John Cena, are a parody of wrestling." (or something like that) -Daniel Bryan

Also, I feel like "Feud of the Year" should be one. In which case I would say Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena.
    Thanks man I total forgot about Feud of the Year,add that to the list going forward.

Wrestler of the Year: Daniel Bryan

This is definitely the year of Bryan. He has been universally loved by the crowd since the start of the year, and this has resulted in a meteoric push. Yes, you may question some of the booking of Daniel Bryan during the authority angle, but the man was cemented as one of the top wrestlers of the company for a long time to come when he pinned John Cena clean at Summerslam. His in-ring work is consistently good; he has developed a fire that no other face in the WWE comes close to matching.

Diva of the Year: AJ Lee

It goes without saying. AJ has been the most important female wrestler in WWE for a long time, and in 2013 she took over the women's division by winning the Divas title and defending it against all comers. Her star fell in the latter part of 2013, but she still remains the focal point of the division. There was also that promo, a promo that may be remembered years down the line, which is unprecedented for a female wrestler.

Match of the Year: CM Punk vs The Undertaker

For me, this was the only Mania-worthy match at Wrestlemania 29, the bright light on an otherwise mediocre show. Other than that, Cena vs Bryan and a bunch of The Shield's tag matches would be contenders.

Feud of the Year: Daniel Bryan vs The Authority

This feud really turned the WWE upside down at Summerslam. It was revolutionary at the time, and to this day has completely changed the landscape of the WWE. Bryan's scrapping, both verbally and physically, with HHH/Stephanie/Shield/Orton were the thing to watch, while not much was going on in the background.

Moment of the Year: Closing segment of the December 9th RAW

Do you really expect me to be able to recall specific moments from this year? Sadly, my brain doesn't work like that, so I'm tapping into my recently watched bank.

PPV of the Year

I don't know. There are too many PPVs. They all blur into one big messy hodge-podge of wrestlers and matches in my mind.

Rookie of the Year: Big E Langston

To be honest, one of the members of The Shield deserves it more (the whole team shouldn't be considered as a single rookie for me), but I'm gonna give Big E some props. I really like him. He has a unique promo style and he's the best big man WWE has at the moment.

Or Reigns and Rollins, if we're going to be specific. I usually don't like WWE tag matches because they are far too formulaic, but The Shield have made magic out of mundane. Consistently great tag matches against all opposition.

Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam

I've talked up RVD's comeback a lot, because it's that damn good. For his short stint, he was consistently putting on better matches than anyone else.

Announcer of the Year: William Regal

He's an announcer, and he didn't say a word on WWE television this year. But he's still better than Cole, JBL and Lawler, who have collectively declined to barely tolerable levels throughout the year.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Fandango

As Johnny Curtis, he was extremely dull. Not only did the Fandango character breathe new life into the man, but a flashier moveset and a unique character to portray in his matches makes him one of my favourite guys to watch.

Who to Watch for in 2014: Bray Wyatt

The WWE have kept us in the dark about Bray's character,particularly his competence in the ring. I'm sure we'll see him go against some of WWE's top wrestlers in 2014, and that should be a blast to watch.

Line of the Year:

No fucking idea.

SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR:CM PUNK

He had aa good program with The Brama Bull early in the year. Cut good promos and had mediocre matches against The Great one. I mean who other to share a big main event contest with The Rock the the biggest star at the time in CM Punk? Great Mania match with Taker. Another good contest with Y2J for his return. Carried a fued months on in with all Heyman guys. Formed a team with the runner up of Superstar of the year in D Bry known as GOAT. Oh forgot to mention his title reign of 434 ended this year which recognition is givin for being longest reigning Champ in 25 years.

DIVA OF YEAR :AJ LEE

Stayed on main angles and brought the Diva division from down under cutting good promos and could actually wrestle. Plus shes hot

TAG TEAM OF YEAR: SHIELD

Self explanatory.

COME BACK OF YEAR: ROCK
    Ended a 434 Championship streak & headlined Mania.

ANNOUNCER OF YEAR:JBL
    Most interesting and is sincere when a horrible segment is placed on show.

MOST IMPROVED: Daniel Bryan
    Amazing year. Just take a look back.

WHO TO WATCH IN 2014: WYATTS
    Big things are planned for them. We'll just have to follow the buzzards to find out conclusions.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR : SHIELD

LINE OF THE YEAR: THATS BEST FOR BUSSINESS

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    Wrestler of the Year : John Cena
    Cena won the Royal Rumble, beat CM Punk in one of the biggest matches of the year on Raw, beat The Rock in the biggest match of the year at WM 29, defeated Ryback then defeated and Henry, Cena only lost the belt to Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam becuz he was hurt, then Cena comes back two months ahead of schedule from his injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title.
    Yeah. John Cena = Wrestler of the Year

Diva of the Year : AJ Lee
    It’s a no brainer.

Match of the Year : Brock Lesnar .Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13
    Great match. Two big stars giving it their all.
    Glad to see Brock go over, so he is not viewed as the part-time main event jobber.

Moment of the Year : Shawn Michaels kicking Daniel Bryan in the face
    And the next night on Raw, the A+ player (HBK) demands that the B+ player (Daniel Bryan) shakes his hand. Then Daniel Bryan goes on to make the biggest mistake of his life!

PPV of the Year: Wrestlemania 29
    I don’t have too much to go by here. I watched WM29, Royal Rumble, and the last match at SummerSlam.
    So between my two choices of Rumble and WM29, I’ll go with WM29. Both PPVs sucked, but WM29 sucked less. WM29 was one of the most predictable WMs ever.

Rookie of the Year : Eva Marie
    Are The Shield rookies?

Tag Team of the Year : The Rhodes Brothers
    I’ve always been a fan of Dustin Rhodes going back to his wCw days.
    P.S. – For the record, Bad Influence is the overall Tag Team of the Year, The Bro Mans are 1st runners-up, and the Rhodes Brothers are my top WWE choice.

Comeback of the Year : John Cena
    The healing powers of Super Cena strike again!
    The Champ comes back two months ahead of schedule from his tricep injury and wins the World Heavyweight Title!
    And this Sunday on PPV, we put an exclamation point on ‘The Year of Cena’ as he unifies the two biggest titles in wrestling.
    The Undisputed Champ is here!

Announcer of the Year : JBL
    JBL says what he wants. He isn’t a puppet for the powers-that-be who are screaming in the headset.

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year : Brie Bella
    She did her own thing, and it took much improvement to do so.

Who to Watch for in 2014 : John Cena
    Gonna dunk Hulk Hogan on his head at Wrestlemania 30!

Line of the Year:
    "The formal term for it is a cohabitation agreement" - John Cena to Nikki Bella
    Stud I know your not serious about Eva Marie.....

Picking these is difficult. It would come down to Cena vs. Bryan for superstar of the year for me and honestly I cant choose.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Wrestler of the Year: Daniel Bryan

Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar Vs CM Punk-SummerSlam '13

Feud of the Year: CM Punk Vs Paul Heyman

Moment of the Year: Daniel Bryan winning WWE championship from John Cena

PPV of the Year: WrestleMania 29

Rookie of the Year: Big E Langston

Announcer of the Year: JR

Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: Cody Rhodes

Who to Watch for in 2014: Roman Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by theepwgoodfella View Post
    Stud I know your not serious about Eva Marie.....
    I'm having a hard time thinking of a true rookie.
    To me, a rookie is someone who is in their first year in the wrestling business.
    Shield aren't rookies by that definition.
    I don't follow up-and-comers in the indies.
    The only person I could think of was Eva Marie.

I think people need a refresher course as to Rookie. Since this is WWE awards, and not Raw or WWE TV awards, NXT is included. The Shield are not rookies because they've been on Raw as early as last OCTOBER, and they were on NXT for an entire year prior to that. Sami Zayn, Eva Marie, Solomon Crowe, Alexander...those are actual WWE rookies. Maybe a Rookie of the Year and a Callup of the Year award would be more clear and give the true rookies some credit.

• Wrestler of the Year: John Cena
    • Diva of the Year: Brie Bella
    • Match of the Year: John Cena vs. CM Punk (RAW #1 Contender's Match for the WWE Title)
    • Moment of the Year: Randy Orton cashing in MITB on Daniel Bryan/Triple H turning heel (Big moment for the heel authority figure of Triple H)
    • PPV of the Year: Royal Rumble
    • Rookie of the Year: Curtis Axel
    • Tag Team of the Year: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
    • Comeback of the Year: Goldust
    • Announcer of the Year: The Miz
    • Most Improved: Roman Reigns
    • Who to Watch:Roman Reigns
    • Line of the Year: Triple H to Daniel Bryan: "If I get back into this ring, which I'm perfectly capable of doing it's going to be to fight a star. It would be to get in here to face The Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar — it sure as hell wouldn't be to Daniel Bryan."

Thread Information