Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNA to hold events at high schools

Default TNA to hold events at high schools

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/...rqJKP6jbszm.99

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsofpain
    "- The stars of TNA Wrestling are heading back to high school.

The promotion announced four live event dates for January, and two shows are slated to emanate from high schools (in Arkansas and Tennessee). Adding to the uniqueness, tickets to the Tennessee event are being sold through a cupcake shop—HaliHannigan's Cupcakery."
    They're holding events at high schools and they're selling tickets through cupcake shops? Is there anyone here who stil doubts that TNA is in financial problems? What happened to the rocket fuel that Hulk Hogan provided?
    Last edited by Masamune; 12-02-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Link correction
    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    and yeah, Daniel Bryan looks like he should be pushing carts at Target and he's the hottest act in the company.

Default Re: TNA to hold events at high schools

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post

They're holding events at high schools and they're selling tickets through cupcake shops? Is there anyone here who stil doubts that TNA is in financial problems? What happened to the rocket fuel that Hulk Hogan provided?
    TNA has gone full circle. Started as a small company, became a bigger company, and now it's back to being a small company.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

TNA tried to run before they could walk and tripped all over the place as a result.

You do you Scotty P Leper Messiah's Avatar

Is this true, or some sort of "kayfabe news" joke?

If it's true, I do again question being the #2 promotion in the world. Out curiosity, how often does New Japan hold events in high school gyms?

The link goes nowhere. It's kayfabe news and this guy is trying to pass it off as real. Wow.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

For some reason I really like this, and think it will turn out to be a good thing for TNA.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    The link goes nowhere. It's kayfabe news and this guy is trying to pass it off as real. Wow.
    Nope... It's real, it's damn real!(Check January 3rd and 5th): http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events

Although, they're just house shows.

Im shocked to read this. Who cares just gave us the link and its 100% real! Imagine Sting, a icon wrestling infront of your whole pe class? Or Kurt Angle changing in the locker room putting his luggage in the locker itself? Bully Ray making a entrance thru your gymnasium doors instead of coming out below a huge titan tron?Ken Anderson lifting a briefcase after winning $ in the bank in front of thousands to walking in to a few hundred people? ...do I need to go on?

Why does TNA stay in the south? I think they've only come to California like twice.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Why does TNA stay in the south? I think they've only come to California like twice.
    They went through California for the 2008 bound for glory ppv and that tour I believe. Another time in 2011 also which they used minor league baseball field's to do the shows, I almost went to their fresno show until I heard it was gonna be outside on a baseball field where the bases went....I was like HELLL NO !!

Lastly in the 619 for this year'S B4G which never got a tour with it through my beautiful state. SMH
    Last edited by Mr. Victorino; 12-02-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Haters call Bryan Danielson a goat face huh ? In that case we fans say G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time !!!!!

It is pretty embarrassing.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by theepwgoodfella View Post
    Im shocked to read this. Who cares just gave us the link and its 100% real! Imagine Sting, a icon wrestling infront of your whole pe class? Or Kurt Angle changing in the locker room putting his luggage in the locker itself? Bully Ray making a entrance thru your gymnasium doors instead of coming out below a huge titan tron?Ken Anderson lifting a briefcase after winning $ in the bank in front of thousands to walking in to a few hundred people? ...do I need to go on?
    I was a huge ECW fan back in the day, so that's not hard to imagine.

To an extent, I like this because TNA needs to quit doing shows in arenas that are too big for the crowds they usually draw. Even when TNA had better numbers, they went to arenas too big. Doing shows in schools might get them publicity. I don't think it's that bad because I remember ECW doing shows in schools as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I was a huge ECW fan back in the day, so that's not hard to imagine.
    Checks out.

I'm OK with it.
    You do what you gotta do.
    I've seen indy shows at high schools and it is a fun/interesting setting.

Kurt Angle wrestling in a high school gym. That's priceless, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall whenever him and Sting found out.

I would hope that Sting and Kurt Angle don't give a damn where they perform anymore. Its TNA.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post

Hogan provided rocket fuel? when did this happen?

Thank you HAYZE!

So back when Bryan was telling Cena if WWE fired him he would go back to wrestling in high schools it didn't matter. I guess he meant TNA was an option.

And is it really that big of a difference from the impact zone. I would laugh though if I hear a story about Velvet or Brooke being told to tone it down for the school.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

They are not actually performing in front of the student bodies like a school assembly, they are just using the gymnasium.

If anything, this would be an ego hit TNA, since being the #2 wrestling promotion in the world, and calling yourself WWE's competition would generally mean not wrestling in high school.

Really though, it's not too bad of a decision. I come from a city of 40,000, and easily the high school gym here can hold bigger crowds than the Impact Zone. Besides, it's being done on house shows, so it not gonna be seen on TV.

Also, I think the joke I made about Bully Ray went over goodfella's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hogan provided rocket fuel? when did this happen?
    I think Hogan tried putting rocket fuel in his boat this summer and he burned his hand.

Also, I think the joke I made about Bully Ray went over goodfella's head.[/QUOTE]

Oh no I understood. Bully use to do these type of atmospheres in ECW days so he'll be use to it.

OMGZ!!! TNA IS GONNA DIE, THEIR IN HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASIUMS!!!

Its a House show. Its still a wrestling show. Who gives a damn. Its not like its going to be broadcast on National television. This is why Jeff Jarrett needs to get back the book. This all falls on the fact that they brought in Hogan, and not just him, they brought back Jeff Hardy. They debuted Ric Flair, Nasty Boys, Eric Bischoff, Bubba the Love Sponge. They spent way too much money. I think without them, Hogan would of still brought them those same ratings. They know how to attract attention. TNA just fails to captalize on it.

-Remember, they brought in Sting in 2006, and attracted in audience on IMPACT, they fucked up big time. They had him retire, and the fans believed it, They just left.

-They had a Monday night special in Feb 2007 I believe, and they showed a "This is TNA" special. They didn't even captalize. That was a good time to bring in Hogan, and show in original episode, yet they showed a flashback look at the best of the company. They didn't even put "wrestling" in the title.

-They bring in Hogan on January 4th, 2010 to a 1.5 rating, and peaked at nearly 3.2 million viewers for Hogans debut. Guess what happened right after his segment ended, they went to a Knockouts matchup between two unknown female wrestlers. On top of that, They had Bobby Lashley quit, wouldn't let Mick Foley into the arena. Didn't even advertise Ric Flair, and jeff Hardy there. Unbelieveable. AND ON TOP of that, They waited awhole 10 FREAKIN DAYS to air another orginal episode. By that time dragged out, all the casuals left again, and they went back to the 1.0-1.2 rating on Thursday night. (The Jan 7th show was just a replay of the Hogan debut).

We could go on and on about all the dumbshit they did. They fell big time, and now its time to learn how to walk again. All this is being done to bring them back financially. It is embarrassing, but its just business.
    Last edited by azfan; 12-02-2013 at 08:21 PM.

For what it's worth even though it is embarrassing, people are right when they say it isn't a bad idea. TNA are recognising their current level and adjusting accordingly. It's a smart business strategy but considering their aspirations have for a while been to genuinely challenge WWE it's definitely a huge step backwards.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Thread Information