Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cringe when Cm Punk executes a move

Default I cringe when Cm Punk executes a move

His clothesline is weak, his elbow is sloppy and alot of his neckbreakers are premature and his gutkicks just plain suck. His moves are so badly executed they are often cringeworthy, I feel embarrased watching them. It doesn't help that he often tries mma inspired moves with horrible execution of them. He's like that coach potato friend you have that every once in a while wants to try out some cool move or kick that he has seen, but being the person he is, he doesn't have the discipline to actually learn how to execute them properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKloIXsyr4A

Look at those roundhouse kicks. Isn't that the saddest excuse of a kick you've ever seen? They just flail out and flap around, there's no proper hip rotation, no speed, no force and no technique. The guy looks like he has never kicked before in his life. He doesn't even kick, he just lifts his leg into his opponents face.

When you consider the fact that there's only two aspects of kicking for pro wrestling, how to execute it beautifully without hurting your opponent. Learning how to do a proper nice looking kick that doesn't hurt your opponent is easy. Is Cm Punk just lazy, doesn't he give a fuck or why does he keep embarrising himself with these subpar performances? He can learn how to execute pretty kick so fast and so easily if he just takes the time. The same goes with his general wrestling move executions.

Do you guys agree? Do you think Cm Punk is sloppy?
    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    and yeah, Daniel Bryan looks like he should be pushing carts at Target and he's the hottest act in the company.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Re: I cringe when Cm Punk executes a move

This is sort of a hard question to answer... because when CM Punk is on his game his moves can definitely look really good. However, there are times when his moves can look downright ugly and sloppy. I just think he's one of those guys that puts on a good match when it suits him.

The kicks in that video were absolutely fine. Sometimes his roundhouse kick is a bit sloppy, but not often. As for his moveset in general, I've never had a problem with how CM Punk executes his moves.

I do agree he is sometimes sloppy, but there are times when he can look as good as anyone in the world. I think it's a case of whether he is switched on and interested in what he is doing, and the opponent he is facing too makes a difference. A good opponent always helps.

When you compare him to Bryan, there's no doubt who the crisper is, Bryan is so good that is almost criminal. He's one of the best the WWE has had and they're so lucky to have him.

You may wanna tell them that, then we could get a decent Bryan title run
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I cringe whenever I see Punk, but most should probably know that by now.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

He def has his flaws and can be sloppy at times. I enjoy his work, but its a 50/50 thing for me.

I thought those kicks looked fine. However, his reverse swinging neck breakers look pretty rough sometimes and the GTS on larger opponents like Cena doesn't look very good either.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned that awful excuse for a top rope elbow drop.

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

Punk is pretty overrated in the ring. If he wasn't such a good talker he would be screwed. Punk reminds if Scott Hall in a lot of ways. Capable of having great matches when he wants to but phones it in sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I can't believe no-one has mentioned that awful excuse for a top rope elbow drop.
    The elbow drop is pretty bad. However, since it's a tribute I don't really hate on it as bad as some of the regular moves he has always used.

Execution is his weak point - I don't think this is news to anyone. He excels well enough at most other aspects to have molded himself into a fine worker.

Yeah, Punk's execution of moves has never been the best. They often don't look nice and crisp. Probably because he is not naturally the most athletic (this is mentioned by his first trainer Ace Steel in his DVD docu), with his agility and timing not being perfect. But that does not matter to me. There are plenty of guys that can perform a whole bunch of nice looking stuff, but never develop a good character, connect with the crowd nor learn how to tell stories in the ring.

This is an interesting point though, because I think the whole "Cena can't wrestle" thing came from the slightly shoddy execution of some of his moves. Yet you never hear anyone say "Punk can't wrestle", though his move execution can also not be textbook. I mean, no matter how many good/great matches Cena has, there are still people claiming he can't work at all. This is where I think a lot of the hate is really just character-based. I personally have been bored of his character for a long time, but I can still enjoy his matches in spite of this. I think some others cannot and seem to project their character-hatred onto his ring work.

Does this mean D Bry is " The Best In The World ! "????........Yes! Yes! Yes!

His elbow drop makes my eyes hurt.

Yeah sometimes he's on the sloppy side but for the most part I enjoy his work.

Quote Originally Posted by theepwgoodfella View Post
    Does this mean D Bry is " The Best In The World ! "????........Yes! Yes! Yes!
    I'd take Bryan over Punk as a wrestler, but Punk is better on the mic and I enjoy his charisma and character over Bryan's.

Both are great though

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    I'd take Bryan over Punk as a wrestler, but Punk is better on the mic and I enjoy his charisma and character over Bryan's.

Both are great though
    Im with you on this one.

I'd like it if Punk didn't overuse the elbow drop.

Banned

I don't know what anyone is bitching about here. Punk is a pretty damn good all around performer.

i will say... i like the idea of him doing the macho man tribute elbow more than his execution of it

but overall the rest is fine.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I have to admit there was a huge difference in crispness this week when it came to CM Punk throwing his offense at Rowan and when Daniel Bryan did it.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Yeah, his execution isn't the crispest in the business but his psychology is overall pretty good and he's more than capable of putting on a great match. He may not be as good of a worker as Bryan, but he's certainly above average. There's no doubt that CM Punk's popularity is mainly because of his mic work and charisma though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strobe Lights View Post
    This is an interesting point though, because I think the whole "Cena can't wrestle" thing came from the slightly shoddy execution of some of his moves. Yet you never hear anyone say "Punk can't wrestle", though his move execution can also not be textbook. I mean, no matter how many good/great matches Cena has, there are still people claiming he can't work at all. This is where I think a lot of the hate is really just character-based. I personally have been bored of his character for a long time, but I can still enjoy his matches in spite of this. I think some others cannot and seem to project their character-hatred onto his ring work.
    CM Punk is an internet darling so people won't criticize him when he's phoning it in in a random match, especially when he's given us multiple 4-5 star matches over the past couple years. You're right that Cena gets more shit than Punk does (even though he puts on great matches just as often), but I'd say that the whole "Cena can't wrestle" thing has mostly died out. I don't see nearly as much about it as I used to. Part of that is because Cena is actually a better wrestler than he used to be. 2013 Cena is a completely different animal than 2005 Cena.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the "Best in the World" moniker has a subconscious effect on all of us to have a better opinion of him in the ring than we would have otherwise. And he's an internet darling too
    Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    i will say... i like the idea of him doing the macho man tribute elbow more than his execution of it

but overall the rest is fine.
    There good but not as good as Orton

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Execution is his weak point - I don't think this is news to anyone. He excels well enough at most other aspects to have molded himself into a fine worker.
    This…

I hate for anyone to think they are breaking any news by pointing out this flaw in Punk’s game

But Punk’s…..

Facial expressions

Psychology

Intensity

And overall work rate and storytelling ability

Make him a great performer who strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Also, in my opinion, a slight degree of sloppiness is acceptable because in a real fight not everything looks pretty.

Sometimes, when I watch a match where every move looks perfect it becomes harder to get emotionally invested in because I feel like I am watching a performance and not a fight.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Thread Information