Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince McMahon May Be Upset Over WrestleMania XXX Creative Plans

Default Vince McMahon May Be Upset Over WrestleMania XXX Creative Plans

WWE CEO Vince McMahon may be upset over WrestleMania XXX creative plans. A recent report from Eric Arrington of DailyWrestlingNews.com claims that McMahon is not happy with the way WrestleMania XXX is shaping up. Apparently, none of the matches McMahon wants are set-in-stone for the event at this time, and he is getting extremely hard to deal with backstage.

Some of the matches and attractions that McMahon wants for WrestleMania XXX arenít coming together because of the lack of commitment from certain superstars. McMahon wants former WWE Champion The Rock to compete at the event, but he wonít agree to an appearance yet. McMahon also tossed the idea of having Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels happen in New Orleans, but Michaels wonít commit to coming out of retirement for the match.

One of McMahonís original plans for the ďAuthorityĒ storyline, was to have ďStone ColdĒ Steve Austin vs. Triple H happen at Mania, but apparently Austin wants too much money for the company to commit to signing him for the event. Another frustrating situation for McMahon, is that the match that everyone figured was a set bout, Brock Lesnar vs. the Undertaker, may not be 100% booked either. According to this report, The Undertaker isnít completely behind facing Lesnar at WrestleMania this year as heís recovering from his latest surgery.

Reportedly, Bill Goldberg has gained leverage in his talks with WWE in regards to a Mania appearance because none of the above-mentioned stars have committed to being on the card. McMahon is said to be so upset and frustrated about not getting what he wants in regards to the matches he desires to be on the WrestleMania XXX card, that itís extremely noticeable in his on-going negotiations with Goldberg.
    http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/vince...e-plans/14643/

Rock, HBK, and Austin would be the perfect mix of Legends, along with a roster of current guys, to make this a special WM

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Default Re: Vince McMahon May Be Upset Over WrestleMania XXX Creative Plans

Damn !! God knows I'd be freakin' pissed off too if I was in his shoes....at this point what else is there left to do but give into someones demands right ?
    Last edited by Mr. Victorino; 11-22-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

So basically, the same report we've had about 4 or 5 times before but with 'Vince McMahon is frustrated' added to the start or end of each match, also mixed in with another Undertaker has had another surgery report.

Who makes this stuff up? It was never ever going to be Stone Cold vs. Triple H, if Austin was going to come out of retirement he'd be facing Punk or it simply should never happen.

As nice as it would be, Shawn Michael's isn't coming out of retirement to face Daniel Bryan either and it's probably never been planned. Discussed maybe, but I doubt it ever got to the point where 'Michaels wouldn't commit'.

As for The Undertaker surgery line, I find it hard to believe he has one surgery a year. He had a surgery in late 2010 and another after WrestleMania 27 and that's all that's been confirmed.

So yeah, same report that's been reported a couple of times before with a few things mixed in basically.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
    Damn !! God knows I'd be freakin' pissed off too if I was in his shoes....at this point what else is their left to do but give into someones demands right ?
    He could say "To hell with all y'all!" John, Taker, you guys are on."

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Nonsense report, as L.T.D explained, but if it were true that Austin was willing to commit to a program at 'Mania and the only roadblock was money, I find it laughable that it's "too much money" for Vince.

Banned

Why doesn't someone just tell Vince that it's just another Wrestlemania and that there's nothing special about it being the 30th one? Oh wait that's right, it's a big fucking deal after all.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    So basically, the same report we've had about 4 or 5 times before but with 'Vince McMahon is frustrated' added to the start or end of each match, also mixed in with another Undertaker has had another surgery report.

Who makes this stuff up? It was never ever going to be Stone Cold vs. Triple H, if Austin was going to come out of retirement he'd be facing Punk or it simply should never happen.

As nice as it would be, Shawn Michael's isn't coming out of retirement to face Daniel Bryan either and it's probably never been planned. Discussed maybe, but I doubt it ever got to the point where 'Michaels wouldn't commit'.

As for The Undertaker surgery line, I find it hard to believe he has one surgery a year. He had a surgery in late 2010 and another after WrestleMania 27 and that's all that's been confirmed.

So yeah, same report that's been reported a couple of times before with a few things mixed in basically.
    I get what you are saying, except in this case I think there is some credibility to this. I say that only because for the last few Wrestlemanias the card, at least the main matches, have been leaked pretty early, some as early as September.

Also, my guess is that Taker wants to face Cena, not Brock.
    Last edited by Darkmania; 11-22-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Not Even God Can Save You SensesFailed's Avatar

Well.. so much for the pay off I wanted for D-Bry

Props to Hayze for the banner

There is something wrong when people think Cena is a better in-ring worker than Tanahashi
    2009/2010/2011 MMA Diehard and 2009 Underappreciated Award Winner

Kind of sad that a lack of star power is simply because you can't get enough part timers onto the show.

Hopefully Austin is refusing the match for reasons other than just money (I find that one hard to believe, too.) Reasons like, he doesn't want to fight a guy who's he faced several times before. Of course of all people that Austin would come back to wrestle in his one final match, it would just have to be Triple H, wouldn't it? Not a fresh opponent like like Lesnar or Punk (I'd prefer the former, personally.) People like to knock The Rock's return, but he at least faced fresh opponents in every single match. Anyway, I don't buy that a match with Triple H was actually discussed given that Austin has expressed interest in facing only Lesnar or Punk and WWE even hinted at both with their promotional release of WWE 12.

Anyway, if it ends up being the case that none of those stars commit to working Wrestlemania XXX, here's some ideas on how they could still put on the best show possible for next year:

-Have Hulk Hogan wrestle one last time. The match would suck, and it certainly wouldn't be the best for Hogan's physical well-being, but sadly, the casuals wouldn't care and I could see it drawing. That is, assuming that people who say that Hogan can't do the leg drop aren't correct.

-Have Cena drop the WHC before Mania and book Cena/Undertaker for the show instead. If Undertaker really is in such bad shape physically (which, of course we already know he is, but I mean more beat up than ever) then maybe it's time to just go on and retire. And there is no better time to retire the Wrestlemania Streak than at the big 30th anniversary milestone of the event (and no bigger opponent to retire it against than John Cena.)

-Unify the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championships.

-Have Goldberg challenge John Cena for the WHC. A match with Cena is one I could see Goldberg actually agreeing to, not so much one with Ryback. It'd also easily be a bigger attraction.

-Maybe get some big celebrity involved in an angle, like Donald Trump's angle with McMahon in 2007. Maybe even have them or another celebrity in a separate angle get into the ring in a match that will create a lot of mainstream interest. It worked out well with Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, Floyd Mayweather, etc.

-Austin has at least appeared as a special referee in the past so that's still a way to convince him to be on the show, especially if he gets physically involved with one of the competitors during the build like he did with Lesnar during the Brock/Goldberg build at WMXX.

No way both the Rock & Austin will be on the same card. Plus Taker will be facing Brock at WM, theirs always some story saying taker wont be ready for mania, all bullshit. and couldn't care less if Goldberg comes back,

Besides the card will look good without all the star power.

Orton Vs Punk for the title

Taker Vs Lesnar

Cena Vs hogan

that should be enough to draw

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    No way both the Rock & Austin will be on the same card. Plus Taker will be facing Brock at WM, theirs always some story saying taker wont be ready for mania, all bullshit. and couldn't care less if Goldberg comes back,

Besides the card will look good without all the star power.

Orton Vs Punk for the title

Taker Vs Lesnar

Cena Vs hogan

that should be enough to draw
    I doubt Cena will wrestle Hogan, mostly because Cena has already done the "wrestling the returning superstar veteran at Wrestlemania" thing.

If none of the legends come back, i still think WM 30 could be a good Wrestlemania, just maybe not a great one.

Cena vs. Taker
    HHH vs. Bryan
    Brock vs. Punk
    Cody wrestling and winning the World Title

That would be a show I would order.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

soooo theres a better chance of having goldberg make a return than austin or rock.......WTF!

hell im all for goldberg getting a 2nd shot at going out right but is the dude still in monster shape???
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

You have The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, The Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Sheamus (who will return on time), Wade Barrett, Big E. Langston, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, The Real Americans, Goldust, Triple H, and a diva's division. IF you can't think of a way to build an audience to wanting to watch feuds involving the said names, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    I doubt Cena will wrestle Hogan, mostly because Cena has already done the "wrestling the returning superstar veteran at Wrestlemania" thing.

If none of the legends come back, i still think WM 30 could be a good Wrestlemania, just maybe not a great one.

Cena vs. Taker
    HHH vs. Bryan
    Brock vs. Punk
    Cody wrestling and winning the World Title

That would be a show I would order.

Theirs no way that Cena vs taker will ever happen. wwe seems to think it is a really bad idea

Thanks To Hayze

J.R seems to be under the impression like many of us that Cena vs. Taker is being saved until Taker's last match which apparently isn't this year. I know he doesn't know anything, but he's certainly more clued up than most of us.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Also, my guess is that Taker wants to face Cena, not Brock.

Let's hope this is the case.

If WWE did John Cena vs. The Undertaker I have no doubt it will be the highest buyrate ever for any WM. If that's the match Vince doesn't have to worry about any other star power for the show.

As for HBK I don't want him coming out of retirement to face Bryan. It just makes the whole retiring storyline from WM 26 meaningless. The correct match for Bryan is to have him face Triple H. I can't imagine how tense fans will be at the mere thought of Triple H beating Daniel Bryan. It will make for a great atmosphere.

Then there's the possibility for a title unification match at WM. Considering we have never seen Randy Orton vs. John Cena at WM this would be the time to do it. I think most in the IWC would hate to see that match, but the unification aspect makes it tolerable. For the traditional fans the Orton/Cena match is a dream match.

That leaves CM Punk. Obviously he wants to headline WM but I'm not sure where he fits in. They could do Punk vs. Orton at WM for the title but we've seen that match at WM. One idea I've tossed around is the following:

Have CM Punk win the Royal Rumble and wait on making a decision on who he wants to face. In the meantime he can have a feud set for Elimination Chamber, someone chosen by Heyman most likely. At Elimination Chamber they have both Orton and Cena successfully defend their titles in the chamber match. The next night on RAW they hype CM Punk's big announcement on who he wants to face at WM 30. Both Orton and Cena are in the ring. CM Punk says he wants to face both of them at WM 30 -- he initiates the Title Unification match at WM 30. Cena accepts, but Orton does not. This is teased for a few weeks before management forces Orton into the match. At WM 30 it's a Triple Threat Match for both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship to determine the Unified WWE Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    You have The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, The Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Sheamus (who will return on time), Wade Barrett, Big E. Langston, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, The Real Americans, Goldust, Triple H, and a diva's division. IF you can't think of a way to build an audience to wanting to watch feuds involving the said names, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    Find a Wrestlemania 30 worthy card with Just the names you mentioned

Forget how WM30 is shaping up, Vince should be fucking furious with how bad the product is right now.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    J.R seems to be under the impression like many of us that Cena vs. Taker is being saved until Taker's last match which apparently isn't this year. I know he doesn't know anything, but he's certainly more clued up than most of us.
    This is obvious to me. They know Taker likely won't ever lose his streak to anyone and so in the event that he retires undefeated at Mania, they want to save his biggest possible opponent for his final match, and right now and for the past nine years, that person is John Cena. If someone else equally as big or bigger had come along by now, then we may have already gotten the Cena match but no one has yet been able to replace Cena as the golden boy, so that's why the match hasn't happened yet. I agree completely with their reasoning. It wouldn't be nearly as epic of a retirement if Taker went out facing Punk like this year, or someone like Edge in 2008 (nothing against either guy, but they're not on Cena's level in the grand scheme of things.)

Quote Originally Posted by BITW434 View Post
    That leaves CM Punk. Obviously he wants to headline WM but I'm not sure where he fits in. They could do Punk vs. Orton at WM for the title but we've seen that match at WM. One idea I've tossed around is the following:

Have CM Punk win the Royal Rumble and wait on making a decision on who he wants to face. In the meantime he can have a feud set for Elimination Chamber, someone chosen by Heyman most likely. At Elimination Chamber they have both Orton and Cena successfully defend their titles in the chamber match. The next night on RAW they hype CM Punk's big announcement on who he wants to face at WM 30. Both Orton and Cena are in the ring. CM Punk says he wants to face both of them at WM 30 -- he initiates the Title Unification match at WM 30. Cena accepts, but Orton does not. This is teased for a few weeks before management forces Orton into the match. At WM 30 it's a Triple Threat Match for both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship to determine the Unified WWE Champion.
    Someone on another forum had this idea, except the triple threat match was between Cena, Punk and Bryan instead. Your three biggest babyfaces and stars (not counting part timers) all in one ring at the same time going for the gold. But I have a question as to how this works - how do you decide who becomes the Undisputed Champion here? If the WWE Champion wins, then obviously his title would be the one to remain, and the same would be true of the World Heavyweight Champion if he won. But if the guy who goes into the match holding neither title wins (which would be Punk in your scenario), then how do you decide which belt to give him? If he pins the WWE Champion, does that mean he gets his title (therefore vanquishing the WHC) or does it mean that the WWE Champion getting pinned or forced into submission means that his championship would be forever vacated and the other title the one to stick around? I assume the former but it could be looked at both ways. I dunno, I think unification matches are just naturally more epic if it's just the two champions going head to head but no way would I want to see Cena and Orton as the unification match.

They should pay Goldberg money to NOT appear. If he is the best they can come up with then they may as well not bother getting anyone. 2013 Royal Rumble winner CM Punk defeats Randy Orton to win the WWE Championship in the main event of Wrestlemania is good enough for me.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

As they refuse to consistently get behind any full-time talent not named Cena or Orton, it's Vince's own fault that he feels he has to reach out to part-timers in order to build a satisfactory card for Wrestlemania.

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

You put the fate of your card in the hands of people who don't need the exposure, that's whats going to happen. They know they have all of the power to say yes or no. It's the WWE's own fault in relying on them. Past superstars like Rock, Austin, Michaels and Undertaker have zero obligation- they put their time in with the company, and have every reason to stay content in their retirements.

If the WWE wants to build a card, then they should do it with the people who have something to prove. How many hours of television do they have these days? They could easily build some great storylines with their existing roster. Instead, they focus on superstars that they want to push, instead of the ones people respond to the most. How much have they buried Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, and so many others that the fans responded to over the years? Even after they relent, and give them a push, it's almost like they are set up to fail, just so Vince (or others) can give a great big "I told you so!" They finally push Daniel Bryan after a year of "Yes!" chants- then give such a lame story of Cena randomly choosing him as his Summerslam opponent. Not a great build at all. And, as it turns out, just a platform to re-push Orton, the guy they really want at the top.

/end frustrated and unrelated rant

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    How much have they buried Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, and so many others that the fans responded to over the years?
    A WM featuring the likes of Ryder, Ziggler, and Christian vs. a WM featuring the likes of Hogan, Rock, and Austin. Hmm... let me think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Theirs no way that Cena vs taker will ever happen. wwe seems to think it is a really bad idea
    Cena vs Taker is a lot more likely then Cena vs Hogan and infinitely more appealing to me personally since Taker can actually wrestle a quality match

@SensesFailed: It's a nonsense report as L.T.D mentioned, i'm confident Bryan is going to get a big payoff and i'll stay that way until after the Royal Rumble as I have a strong feeling he's winning it.

@Randal Graves: Here's that card

Daniel Bryan vs HHH (maybe for the WWE Championship)
    Punk vs Orton (This is your title match if the other match isn't)
    The Shield vs The Wyatts
    John Cena vs Undertaker
    AJ Lee vs Naomi for the divas title
    Cody Rhodes vs Goldust (Not something I want to see but they'd deliver)
    Lesnar vs Sheamus
    Big Show vs Ryback for the World title
    Langston vs Del Rio for the IC title

That's 9 matches right there and I even left off names like Ziggler, Miz and Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

I don't buy the report at all, but it does highlight the problem with relying on part-timers. Eventually, the part-timers will become no-timers and what's the WWE gonna do then? It keeps being said, but they have more than enough to build a quality show with the guys they already have. They don't need part-timers to sell WrestleMania because WrestleMania sells itself. All it takes is a little effort on their part to properly showcase guys they need to build up.

Thread Information