Thread: Every Tombstone ever!

Default Every Tombstone ever!

WWE posted the video above of every Tombstone that The Undertaker "has ever delivered." They are obviously not including tombstones delivered at house shows.

Default Re: Every Tombstone ever!

That hair when he started out... Its also crazy that he would jump from time to time.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    That hair when he started out... Its also crazy that he would jump from time to time.
    Its still a big mark out for me when he adds a bit of air. The one against Shawn Michaels at WM when he retired Shawn, I remember letting out a bit of an oooooohhh for that one in particular.

Edit: Its the one at 3:15

Props to Lion of Justice for the banner. Thanks mate.

Okay, to me it looks like either HHH Or kane have received the most tombstones by taker.

Thanks To Hayze

Damn, that must have taken a ridiculous amount of time and effort. My applause to the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Day[9]Mark View Post
    Its still a big mark out for me when he adds a bit of air. The one against Shawn Michaels at WM when he retired Shawn, I remember letting out a bit of an oooooohhh for that one in particular.

Edit: Its the one at 3:15
    Same here. That made the moment so much better and it's one of the reasons why I'm against HBK coming out of retirement.

ive read rumors that before taker comes out from the curtain he often looks like he cannot walk.

after that video i can see why. the poor mans knees! 20+years of dropping to your knees (sometimes jumping) with his own 300+ pounds plus the 200-400 pounds of his opponent on almost every other night!
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    ive read rumors that before taker comes out from the curtain he often looks like he cannot walk.

after that video i can see why. the poor mans knees! 20+years of dropping to your knees (sometimes jumping) with his own 300+ pounds plus the 200-400 pounds of his opponent on almost every other night!
    This is a good point. I never realized the toll the Tombstone takes on his knees until you pointed it out.

im pretty sure its why Kane only does it once in a while. his knees were taking a beating.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Was it really worth it for them to take all the time and effort to do this? It's hard to watch as it is, but I can't see this having any long-term appeal (like people watching it 50 years from now or something like that).

Of course I know why, but I still say that WWE missed this Tombstone Piledriver:

It's at the 18:49 mark.

^^^^Bruce Pritchard walking backstage w/ Taker at 20:18 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    Was it really worth it for them to take all the time and effort to do this? It's hard to watch as it is, but I can't see this having any long-term appeal (like people watching it 50 years from now or something like that).
    It'll be used at his HOF induction or at least parts of it. UT is WWE Canon now and I do see the reason for it. Must have been hell for the editor though lol.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post

Can't remember where, but I read an interview where he said his American Badass character was a good chance for him to create a new finisher (Last Ride) that didn't hurt his knees so much as he got older, because of the impact. Same with Kane and moving more towards the chokeslam. Although, both of them would still break it out from time to time to add drama to a match.

For a guy who has wrestled almost 4,000 matches in the WWE for a span of 20 years, I think that was only about 260 Tombstones, lol.
    It's showtime, folks!

"If 'Taker can still bump on his knees, brother...then I can still bump on my back, brother! I want to make Cena snap, crackle, and pop at WrestleMania 30, brother."
    - Hulk Hogan
    Last edited by The Buck 3 Stud; 11-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    For a guy who has wrestled almost 4,000 matches in the WWE for a span of 20 years, I think that was only about 260 Tombstones, lol.
    4000 televised matches?

All his tombstones in 3 and a half minutes...

I think if you did a montage of full matches of Goldberg's win streak, it'd be about the same length.

4000 televised matches?
    No, but that's how many matches he's approximately had in the WWE since day one. I was expecting a lot more Tombstones given his tenure.
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    No, but that's how many matches he's approximately had in the WWE since day one. I was expecting a lot more Tombstones given his tenure.
    Well, yeah, but you can't put tombstone piledrivers on Youtube if they weren't ever recorded. Bear in mind that in the early-mid 90s, Undertaker probably had very few matches as top stars didn't appear on TV much in those days. Then there was the few years of American Badass where he almost never used the Tombstone.

The tombstone he delivered to my fav wrestler HBK to retire him is the best of them all. I recall my mouth dropping bc it looked so deadly and I knew that was it for Michaels. Not to mention the few seconds that led to the finisher. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by WDK View Post
    Of course I know why, but I still say that WWE missed this Tombstone Piledriver:

It's at the 18:49 mark.
    Undertaker had a match in Michinoku Pro Wrestling? What's the story behind this? I know Sasuke, Hakushi and Taka had matches in the WWF, but why would WWF let one of their top guys have a match in MPW (which is minor leagues)?
    Last edited by Masamune; 11-25-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    and yeah, Daniel Bryan looks like he should be pushing carts at Target and he's the hottest act in the company.

Thread Information